HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 07:24 PM
  #26
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Ergo, he was very dominant against the weakest opposition possible.


can I know what is so special about O'Reilly that everyone keeps mentioning him? Looking at his stats; he's not bad at all. Why would Colorado want to swap him for Eller? Why would we?
Because Eller has another year left @1.5 mio?

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
  #27
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
If we do move him I hope it is for another 5' 8" smurf who weighs 175. We can always use more of them.

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
  #28
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLENOL View Post
Hell noooo , i love lars eller, even as a 3rd liner ; i'd still keep him. Anyways, if this has something to do with Ryan O'reilly; what type of player is he ? Because i've never seen him play.
O'Reilly is basically Eller's ceiling.

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
  #29
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
Eller has a lot of potential and he's cheap as nuts. I'd move DD before him any day.

Large, cheap, talented centre with lots of upside? TRADE HIM BECAUSE LEBRUN SAID SO.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:26 PM
  #30
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Another Grabovski. I hope we at least get a 4th for him.
Grabovski turned out pretty well if you ask me

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:26 PM
  #31
TYLENOL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Desharnais + collberg + weber for O'reilly

TYLENOL is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:26 PM
  #32
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Because Eller has another year left @1.5 mio?
Okay. Colorado wants Cap Control, is that what you mean?

Is O'Reilly that much of an upgrade, for us?

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
  #33
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I for one would rather have Eller than a 5 million dollar 2nd line centre.
You say that now but Eller still hasn't put it all together yet, if he does he'll be worth 5mil.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
  #34
TYLENOL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
O'Reilly is basically Eller's ceiling.
Well, is he like lets say Tomas Plekanec. Can he become or would he already be a perfect 2nd line center for us ?

TYLENOL is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
  #35
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLENOL View Post
Desharnais + collberg + weber for O'reilly
Plekanec, Galchenyuk and O'Reilly. So he stays a #3 center it's not what we need. If we trade Eller IMO it's for a winger

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
  #36
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
If Eller's getting more calls than DD, trade DD. There's a reason for that. You don't give up a guy with size

Ginu is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:30 PM
  #37
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You say that now but Eller still hasn't put it all together yet, if he does he'll be worth 5mil.
You can't always have players on discount. If you get a reliable 2nd line center, just pay the ****ing money for him. Don't try to bet on development for a discount.

So.. O'Reilly would practically mean we acquire a developped Eller, but one that we'll need to pay coming next season. I can live with that, but it means moving another center sooner or later.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:30 PM
  #38
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,874
vCash: 100
Trading Eller now would be a major mistake unless of course we get something worth wild. . Since superbowl weekend his play has been very impressing.

donghabs98 is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:31 PM
  #39
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You say that now but Eller still hasn't put it all together yet, if he does he'll be worth 5mil.
The real question is if O'reilly is worth $5M why doesn't Colorado give it to him? Why should we trade valuable players for the right to overpay for someone Colorado doesn't want?

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
  #40
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The real question is if O'reilly is worth $5M why doesn't Colorado give it to him? Why should we trade valuable players for the right to overpay for someone Colorado doesn't want?
Why should we trust the judgment of an organization like Colorado?

Coldplay is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
  #41
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
If Eller's getting more calls than DD, trade DD. There's a reason for that.
Exactly. I remember reading somewhere that when Bergevin was first hired, Eller was the player he was getting the most calls about. Like you said, there's obviously a reason for that.

__________________
...Unemployed Black Astronaut...
PyrettaBlaze is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
  #42
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Okay. Colorado wants Cap Control, is that what you mean?

Is O'Reilly that much of an upgrade, for us?
I just don't think there's room from him, if the point is to keep Tomas Plekanec and to (eventually) have Galchenyuk center the first line.

Don't get me wrong -- he's great. And he'd make a great second center, and an even greater 3rd center.

It's just, I don't know, not sure that getting ROR with Galchenyuk eventually getting more and more icetime is a good idea.

It would basically mean we'll have 10 millions locked on guys that will be centering the 2nd and the 3rd line. Not good asset management.

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
  #43
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
If Eller's getting more calls than DD, trade DD. There's a reason for that. You don't give up a guy with size
That's basically under-selling 101 here.

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
  #44
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,152
vCash: 500
Thanks for the reply. Why is anyone speculating O'Reilly.. I thought the rumor mentioned only Eller?

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
  #45
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Why should we trust the judgment of an organization like Colorado?
Because they drafted him, watched his entire development and now are trying desperately to dish him off because of a couple million bucks. Makes sense to me.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
  #46
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Exactly. I remember reading somewhere that when Bergevin was first hired, Eller was the player he was getting the most calls about. Like you said, there's obviously a reason for that.
It was Elliot Freidman who said it on CBC. What pissed me off is that he said after all the interest shown in Eller, Bergevin became intrigued and decided to see what he had in Eller. In other words, Bergevin only saw something in Eller after others inquired. Pisses me off that this organization doesn't believe in him.

Andy is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:37 PM
  #47
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Because they drafted him, watched his entire development and now are trying desperately to dish him off because of a couple million bucks. Makes sense to me.
... Have you ever looked at what this management did?

And do you remember Stastny's comments (Peter, not Paul)?

You also have to know that Colorado has Stastny and Duchesne. Both of them healthy and playing like they should, ROR is the 3rd C.

Would you give 5M to a 3rd C?

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:38 PM
  #48
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It was Elliot Freidman who said it on CBC. What pissed me off is that he said after all the interest shown in Eller, Bergevin became intrigued and decided to see what he had in Eller. In other words, Bergevin only saw something in Eller after others inquired. Pisses me off that this organization doesn't believe in him.
Maybe because Bergevin was, like, just hired?!?!?!

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:38 PM
  #49
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Eller has a lot of potential and he's cheap as nuts. I'd move DD before him any day.

Large, cheap, talented centre with lots of upside? TRADE HIM BECAUSE LEBRUN SAID SO.
I lol'd at lots of upside. Upside? Yes. 'lots of upside?' lol

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:38 PM
  #50
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,322
vCash: 500
TRIVIA

Would you do Lars Eller for Simon Despres, or any player sorta similar to Despres?

MXD is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.