HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 06:39 PM
  #51
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Because they drafted him, watched his entire development and now are trying desperately to dish him off because of a couple million bucks. Makes sense to me.
They could be wrong or right, I haven't seen enough of ROR to judge but if we follow your line of thought then we should never make any trades or sign any UFAs because they were ultimately let go by their former teams? The fact Colorado does not want to pay him is not a reason in and of itself.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:40 PM
  #52
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
TRIVIA

Would you do Lars Eller for Simon Despres, or any player sorta similar to Despres?
...No.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:42 PM
  #53
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Maybe because Bergevin was, like, just hired?!?!?!
So that means he doesn't need to know anything about our players from before he was GM ?

As far as I'm concerned that is not an excuse...

E = CH² is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:42 PM
  #54
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
... Have you ever looked at what this management did?

And do you remember Stastny's comments (Peter, not Paul)?

You also have to know that Colorado has Stastny and Duchesne. Both of them healthy and playing like they should, ROR is the 3rd C.

Would you give 5M to a 3rd C?
Ya I would sign him if he was worth 5M and then trade him, not allow it get to the point where the team was playing without him and it looked like a disaster. Colorado has 14M in cap space, they aren't worried about that.

They don't think he is worth 5M but we do? That is the kind of pure fantasy that gets a team into cap trouble.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:44 PM
  #55
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
They could be wrong or right, I haven't seen enough of ROR to judge but if we follow your line of thought then we should never make any trades or sign any UFAs because they were ultimately let go by their former teams? The fact Colorado does not want to pay him is not a reason in and of itself.
It is well known that UFA's are overpaid, the difference is you don't trade valuable picks/prospects for the right to sign one. It is a big warning sign.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:44 PM
  #56
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 500
Am I the only one that think Lebrun is terrible? He reports nothing and basically just repeats all of the obvious crap that's already been discussed and repeats popular opinion like he doesn't have his own.

Don't get me wrong, he's likeable and seems like a good guy, I just don't think he offers anything in the context of his job.

Tusk is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:44 PM
  #57
pine
Registered User
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,966
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
... Have you ever looked at what this management did?

And do you remember Stastny's comments (Peter, not Paul)?

You also have to know that Colorado has Stastny and Duchesne. Both of them healthy and playing like they should, ROR is the 3rd C.

Would you give 5M to a 3rd C?
Would you have given 5M to Jordan Staal?

pine is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:46 PM
  #58
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Would you have given 5M to Jordan Staal?
That depends on MANY factors.

Possibly.

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:47 PM
  #59
Dont Poke Subban
Registered User
 
Dont Poke Subban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,054
vCash: 500
bourque pleks gionta
maxpac galchenyuk ANDREI KOSTITSYN
eller RYAN OREILLY gallagher
prust white/noki armstrong

make this a reality, please.

Dont Poke Subban is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:47 PM
  #60
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
...No.
Then prepare to be disappointed, because there's no sane GM that would trade Despres, or a guy like Despres, for Eller.

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:48 PM
  #61
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
bourque pleks gionta
maxpac galchenyuk ANDREI KOSTITSYN
eller RYAN OREILLY gallagher
prust white/noki armstrong

make this a reality, please.
The first list is still not a first line, and what do you give to get ROR?

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:50 PM
  #62
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
I would try to include Kaberle with Eller for O'Reilly.

Erik Johnson is probably out for the year so Kaberle will fit well there. Just want to unload Kabs contract. We'll use that to resign O'Reilly.

Having O'Reilly, Plekanec and Galchenyuk down the middle would make us better.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:52 PM
  #63
Swarez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Ergo, he was very dominant against the weakest opposition possible.


can I know what is so special about O'Reilly that everyone keeps mentioning him? Looking at his stats; he's not bad at all. Why would Colorado want to swap him for Eller? Why would we?
He's 2 years younger than Eller, pretty strong on puck, good vision, good skater. I have heard people after last year saying he has 70-75 point potential while playing well 2 ways.

He has more value than Eller normally but this is a hold out so who knows what his real value is. You have to remember he wants big money off the rookie contract, something that Montreal did't want to do with PK, so prob won't with O'Reilly.

I think they offered him 2 years at 3.5 per.

Swarez is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:56 PM
  #64
Dont Poke Subban
Registered User
 
Dont Poke Subban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
The first list is still not a first line, and what do you give to get ROR?
Thats MB's job.. lol. maybe Cole/DD? A prospect? I know its not a video game but capwise, its possible, right? Im just being realistic though. I dont think the management will trade for a first line guy. Thats why I kept the same one. Akost will come in cheap too. Does he have a job btw?

Dont Poke Subban is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
  #65
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 500
i heard lebrun on radio.

he said his name is 'coming up'. he did not say 'generating a lot of interest'.

at this point it should not be surprised that his name is heard on the market considering habs depth, and his limitation to the 4th line.

in no way did lebrun express eller being shopped just that his name has come up.

Habitants is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 06:59 PM
  #66
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
Thats MB's job.. lol. maybe Cole/DD? A prospect? I know its not a video game but capwise, its possible, right? Im just being realistic though. I dont think the management will trade for a first line guy. Thats why I kept the same one. Akost will come in cheap too. Does he have a job btw?
You realize that Cole and DD makes as much as the salary that the Avs refuse to give to ROR?

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:05 PM
  #67
Dont Poke Subban
Registered User
 
Dont Poke Subban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
You realize that Cole and DD makes as much as the salary that the Avs refuse to give to ROR?
Didnt mean to say Cole/DD straight up for RoR. my bad. could be just DD + a prospect. But clearly, i didnt put a lot of effort on my roster but seeing RoR with 55 pts last year got me excited.

Dont Poke Subban is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:08 PM
  #68
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
Am I the only one that think Lebrun is terrible? He reports nothing and basically just repeats all of the obvious crap that's already been discussed and repeats popular opinion like he doesn't have his own.

Don't get me wrong, he's likeable and seems like a good guy, I just don't think he offers anything in the context of his job.
Shh if you say his name three times he'll mention you in a trade rumour.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:08 PM
  #69
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i heard lebrun on radio.

he said his name is 'coming up'. he did not say 'generating a lot of interest'.

at this point it should not be surprised that his name is heard on the market considering habs depth, and his limitation to the 4th line.

in no way did lebrun express eller being shopped just that his name has come up.
@HabsLinks: More Lebrun on #TSN690: #Habs Lars Eller is drawing a lot of trade interest across the league; wouldn't be surprised if he's moved this year

In any case, I'm an Eller fan but just like other player, if we get a better deal in return I'm good with it.

Eller plus 2nd for ROR and I'm good with that. Maybe to try to get Yandle with a package.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:11 PM
  #70
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,940
vCash: 500
Are Oilers fans proposing Eller for MPS yet?

sheed36 is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
  #71
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Then prepare to be disappointed, because there's no sane GM that would trade Despres, or a guy like Despres, for Eller.
I don't understand... Are you saying Simon Despres/Depres clone is better than Lars Eller?

PyrettaBlaze* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:16 PM
  #72
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 500
i dont understand why everyone is in love with ORielly in colorado. they guys had one half decent season and he is looking for what 5 million $ now? imo the habs do not have the budget for that and considering you are playing Eller on the 4th line, where will this high priced ORielly fit in the lineup?!

i would package him with weber and target a scoring LW or a nice strong dman with some skill.

as great as he has played i would push bouillon to 7th D.

Habitants is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:17 PM
  #73
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I don't understand... Are you saying Simon Despres/Depres clone is better than Lars Eller?
I'm saying that Despres/Despres clone is a 6'4 D-Men with good skating who already has a regular roster spot on a good team... at 21 years old. Pretty good this year so far as well.

You DON'T trade such D-Men for an older forward who is arguably equal as a player at the moment.

MXD is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:19 PM
  #74
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,804
vCash: 500
I'd rather trade Gionta than Eller. I love Lars.

However, I really want him or DD or even Gally to start playing on the wing. Not happy wasting Eller on the 4th.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:20 PM
  #75
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I for one would rather have Eller than a 5 million dollar 2nd line centre.
I agree. Eller brings good versatility and size.

He is not part of any of our problems. Only available for an overpayment imho.

Boris Le Tigre is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.