HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal @ Florida - 7:30PM ET - RDS/TSN-Habs/FS-F

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 07:18 PM
  #301
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,509
vCash: 500
Strong game for both goalies so far. Panthers are good at stopping our passes; but we seem to dominate them in close-combat takeaway.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:18 PM
  #302
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 500
Good idea to put Prust with the youngsters. Pacioretty is struggling enough that I believe he will only bring the kids down.

Tyson is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:18 PM
  #303
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
agreed

..... it's a product of "Betman-ism". The people there don't want hockey and not many "snow birds" can afford to pay anymore .... it's a "dead man walkin" franchise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
Lol if I was a Panther, I would ask for a trade. Crowd sucks.

AcadiaAxeMan is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:18 PM
  #304
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Couldn't you have bragged up Markov without putting Subban down? At least PK is contributing lately - something the rest of the group could take a lesson from.

I'm not sure why MT hasn't put Diaz back with Markov on the PP, and Subban with Boullion, or whoever. It makes more sense as they fulfil similar roles (on the PP).
It is hard to give props to Markov when he is basically standing there while Subban dances around and winds up for 40 seconds.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:20 PM
  #305
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Good period from :

DD
Eller
Cole
Subban
Plekanec
Prust
Price

Bad period from :

Emelin
Diaz
Galchenyuk (he just looks too nervous right now)

DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:21 PM
  #306
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It is hard to give props to Markov when he is basically standing there while Subban dances around and winds up for 40 seconds.
Gee. It's like I haven't heard that from you already a thousand times.

You were shatting on Subban before we even signed him.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:21 PM
  #307
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Good period from :

DD
Eller
Cole
Subban
Plekanec
Prust
Price

Bad period from :

Emelin
Diaz
Galchenyuk (he just looks too nervous right now)

Nobody looked ''bad'' except from Emelin Rafa made some incredible passes and Chuck played ok

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:21 PM
  #308
Kenny Powders
Registered User
 
Kenny Powders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Galchenyuk (he just looks too nervous right now)
He gets no steady playing time ... Can't really blame him, he's not hurting us at all

Kenny Powders is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:22 PM
  #309
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It is hard to give props to Markov when he is basically standing there while Subban dances around and winds up for 40 seconds.
So how about that Gorges slowing down when he doesn't carry Subban like a baby?

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
  #310
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen in Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500


I can't wait to see results for this 'poll'

Moen in Glory is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
  #311
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
liked the lines

Gionta-Plecks-Bourque
Pacioretty-Galy-Gallagher
Prust-Deharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Armstrong

AcadiaAxeMan is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
  #312
Benched
Registered User
 
Benched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
Lol if I was a Panther, I would ask for a trade. Crowd sucks.
Not trying to come in your thread and troll but I have to make a comment based on how many of these posts there are: unfortunately, not every fanbase can be as great as yours, especially in an American state like Florida which is full of minorities, most of which are completely uninterested in hockey. South Florida is also historically only interested in a team when it does well, in any sport. Take a look at the Marlins (who had a brand new stadium last year) crowds late in the year. They were bad because the team was bad. Same with the Dolphins. Unfortunately, we're not playing well right now so that's also a major factor.

Also, the crowd looks a lot worse on TV because Club Red (the area at center ice, behind the benches and some of the most expensive seats in the house) have been deplorably empty for all of the year so far.

There have been remarks by some to allow season ticket holders to upgrade to Club Red for free during games like this where Club Red doesn't sell and for their season ticket seats to be re-sold. If the FO was smart, they'd do something like that. It would look tons better to a TV audience.

It's also Valentines Day. A lot of people are probably out to dinner with their loved ones.

Tons of factors go in to it. Still, this isn't as terrible a crowd as it looks. There's probably 12-13k there.

Benched is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:24 PM
  #313
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
liked the lines

Gionta-Plecks-Bourque
Pacioretty-Galy-Gallagher
Prust-Deharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Armstrong
Pac was back with DD/Cole at the end of the 1st.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:24 PM
  #314
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Kovalev only has 1 point since the first game of the season where he had 3 points

Theosis is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
  #315
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I missed that one, I was too busy focusing on the scoop about how Darche's kids are adjusting to their new school.
We may kid now but I guarantee that Darche, in his new found retirement, will have something to say and Stubbs will be the vessel through which Darche speaks.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
  #316
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
He gets no steady playing time ... Can't really blame him, he's not hurting us at all
can galchenyuk start the season next year in the AHL?

Raider917 is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
  #317
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
So how about that Gorges slowing down when he doesn't carry Subban like a baby?
He is playing with Diaz, even bigger babysitting duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Gee. It's like I haven't heard that from you already a thousand times.

You were shatting on Subban before we even signed him.
It is becoming a serious problem for our PP. Are you going to cry whenever someone says anything bad about your boy toy?

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:26 PM
  #318
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post


I can't wait to see results for this 'poll'

Please quote the results in the first post if you get them

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:26 PM
  #319
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Not trying to come in your thread and troll but I have to make a comment based on how many of these posts there are: unfortunately, not every fanbase can be as great as yours, especially in an American state like Florida which is full of minorities, most of which are completely uninterested in hockey. South Florida is also historically only interested in a team when it does well, in any sport. Take a look at the Marlins (who had a brand new stadium last year) crowds late in the year. They were bad because the team was bad. Same with the Dolphins. Unfortunately, we're not playing well right now so that's also a major factor.

Also, the crowd looks a lot worse on TV because Club Red (the area at center ice, behind the benches and some of the most expensive seats in the house) have been deplorably empty for all of the year so far.

There have been remarks by some to allow season ticket holders to upgrade to Club Red for free during games like this where Club Red doesn't sell and for their season ticket seats to be re-sold. If the FO was smart, they'd do something like that. It would look tons better to a TV audience.
It would be a smart business decision. There is nothing worse for ticket sale than the feeling the stadium will be empty. If fans see the stadium seemingly filled; they'll probably want to join in the fun.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
  #320
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post


I can't wait to see results for this 'poll'
Damn....

Hockey 101. Actually - no. Hockey Kindergarten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Please quote the results in the first post if you get them
Could be future GDT material - always on the lookout of new stuff is our MiG...

Davebo is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
  #321
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
understand .....

....but thought because of some juggling with PP/SH - they hooked up for one shift? I think the lines for the 2nd will the same that started??


Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Pac was back with DD/Cole at the end of the 1st.

AcadiaAxeMan is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
  #322
peate
Good grief!
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post


I can't wait to see results for this 'poll'
Edmonton, really? Would be more credible if they had put Detroit in there but still, pretty silly poll.

peate is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
  #323
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It is becoming a serious problem for our PP. Are you going to cry whenever someone says anything bad about your boy toy?
It's not that - it's just that you're repeating yourself and it's extremely grating when you're not offering anything new to the discussion. I mean, commenting about hockey is an inane pass time as it is but repeating yourself about the same thing multiple times a game, every game of the season, is really annoying to the rest of us.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
  #324
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
We may kid now but I guarantee that Darche, in his new found retirement, will have something to say and Stubbs will be the vessel through which Darche speaks.
That's why I went there, because as soon as Darche gets a management gig like he's looking for, if not before, Stubbs will be on it.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
  #325
Kenny Powders
Registered User
 
Kenny Powders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Not trying to come in your thread and troll but I have to make a comment based on how many of these posts there are: unfortunately, not every fanbase can be as great as yours, especially in an American state like Florida which is full of minorities, most of which are completely uninterested in hockey. South Florida is also historically only interested in a team when it does well, in any sport. Take a look at the Marlins (who had a brand new stadium last year) crowds late in the year. They were bad because the team was bad. Same with the Dolphins. Unfortunately, we're not playing well right now so that's also a major factor.

Also, the crowd looks a lot worse on TV because Club Red (the area at center ice, behind the benches and some of the most expensive seats in the house) have been deplorably empty for all of the year so far.

There have been remarks by some to allow season ticket holders to upgrade to Club Red for free during games like this where Club Red doesn't sell and for their season ticket seats to be re-sold. If the FO was smart, they'd do something like that. It would look tons better to a TV audience.
I really feel bad for the cats tho. I always followed them since the Vanbiesbrouck days. Really hope attendance will grow for you guys, you guys had a great playoff run last year.

Kenny Powders is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.