HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is left?

Old
07-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
Peca seems like someone DL would sign, a good 2-way foward.
We'd have 3 potential Selke canidates on the same team in Peca, McCauley and Conroy.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 02:55 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Peca seems like someone DL would sign, a good 2-way foward.

why? Bulis or Dvorak would cost much less.

wabwat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 02:57 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
We'd have 3 potential Selke canidates on the same team in Peca, McCauley and Conroy.
well we can hope that no one will ever score on us and we can out last them with one goal, kinda like calgary or we can turn hockey into soccer...

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 03:47 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
I really don't think Peca, Bulis, or Dvorak are what this team needs (although I'd take Peca more readily over the others). I think DL's picked up enough bordeline top-sixers...if the forward position is going to be bolstered even more, I think it should be with someone who can light the lamp on a relatively consistent basis.

Edit: And I don't mean borderline in a negative way, really...Lombardi's acquisitions are all good role players who can play on the second line if necessary (and in McCauley's case, maybe the potential for more is there). I just don't think another is needed right now.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 05:38 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
i think the Kings would best be suited by having Staples Center royally strewn with signs that read: "YES, your Majesky!"

I agree...have you seen him play post-new rules? From his TSN description he seemed to be a good physical D-man...I was wondering if he could still keep up in the New NHL.

Old
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
well we can hope that no one will ever score on us and we can out last them with one goal, kinda like calgary or we can turn hockey into soccer...
I agree. The Kings are going to struggle to score goals, might as well bring in as many defensive minded forwards as possible. Could save time by not having to Zamboni the offensive zone of the Kings between periods as well.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
I agree. Peca used to be one of my favorite players. After watching Peca extensively this year, his game has really gone downhill. Like Roenick, his game has slowed down a bit, and he seems to lack the drive that made him so great on Vancouver and Buffalo.

If we're spending money on another 2-way forward, Bulis or Dvorak would come at a much cheaper price. Don't get me wrong; I still like Peca, but I wouldn't want to pay too much for him at this stage of his career.

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 06:58 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
I really don't think Peca, Bulis, or Dvorak are what this team needs (although I'd take Peca more readily over the others). I think DL's picked up enough bordeline top-sixers...if the forward position is going to be bolstered even more, I think it should be with someone who can light the lamp on a relatively consistent basis.

Edit: And I don't mean borderline in a negative way, really...Lombardi's acquisitions are all good role players who can play on the second line if necessary (and in McCauley's case, maybe the potential for more is there). I just don't think another is needed right now.

all three are adequate on both sides of the ice... Peca may indeed be the better of the three but, a decent playoff showing notwithstanding, the ONLY thing that separtated Mike from Jeremy Roenick this season was about a million dollars. had Edmonton failed to make the playoffs, you can best bet you patootie that Oil fans would've been screaming "über bust" like we were about J.R.

by virtue of being the youngest (and probably the least expensive), i think Bulis has the most "upside."

wabwat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 07:04 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
all three are adequate on both sides of the ice... Peca may indeed be the better of the three but, a decent playoff showing notwithstanding, the ONLY thing that separtated Mike from Jeremy Roenick this season was about a million dollars. had Edmonton failed to make the playoffs, you can best bet you patootie that Oil fans would've been screaming "über bust" like we were about J.R.

by virtue of being the youngest (and probably the least expensive), i think Bulis has the most "upside."
My main point was, I don't think I'd pick up any of them. There are enough "adequate" bottom sixers on the roster as it is. If he's going to be shopping for a forward, I prefer DL picks up on that be relied on to score. Shanahan would have been perfect because he's a scorer as well as a character player ( I think). But as I said before, now that he's off the market, it's likely DL will have to explore trading options to get the kind of forward he wants.

Old
07-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
But as I said before, now that he's off the market, it's likely DL will have to explore trading options to get the kind of forward he wants.
There's still a chance with Samsonov, if we want an injury-prone, but offensive-minded, player.

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote