HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Ruff Didn't Score Enough: Trades 'n' FAs II

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 07:30 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
O'Reilly's father criticized the Av's front office today on Twitter.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...twitter/12578/

In response to a person tweeting him today, probably over a question of “Will Ryan be back with the Avs?”, @coachbri1 said this: “sorry the ave’s (sic) don’t want him or place value on what he brings. They practice external control boss management.”

A little later, he also tweeted this, unprompted: “Sure he loved it there and thought the fans were the best. So many great players the ave’s dump because of their management style $$$$$.”

Please don't let him go to Toronto Darcy
His dad is complety correct, COL has done this time after time, worst management in the NHL.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:35 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Try Staffy + 2nd and a Pardy (;

Old
02-14-2013, 08:05 PM
GodHatesBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
You'd be in the minority there. O'Reilly has proven he's a very good defensive center who can put up 60 points in this league. Grigorenko has proven nothing. Even Grigorenko's ceiling isn't that much higher than what O'Reilly has already done.
ROR: 26pts, 26pts, 55 pts. He has not proven he can be a 60 point center, and certainly has not proven to be able to play at that level consistently. So he put up career numbers in his contract season? Sounds like Drew Stafford, and every other NHL'er to be honest. Grigorenko's ceiling is that of Spezza and Malkin. We're talking face of the franchise, elite talent. I'm sorry I'm not as fickle as the average fan and allow myself a bit more foresight.

"Grigorenko has proven nothing" ..Yeah bud, most 18 year olds would be in that category..

Old
02-14-2013, 08:16 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Sekera sounds really good and he's still very young. Who does he compare to? Marc Staal?

Ennis+Sekera and a pick for ROR and Elliott? Elliott is one of our top prospects but he's been struggling this year and is injured right now but he has a lot of potential. A lot of avs fans will probably hate this deal but I think it's solid.
I honestly think of him as an Ehrhoff clone. If we had four more guys like those two I would be so happy. I would really hate to lose him *and* Ennis in the same deal.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:19 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
False choice. I think if they got O'Reilly, there wouldn't be a top-6 pick. Heck, even if we don't get ROR, we still may not pick in the top-6 if a few of these guys get their heads out of their *****. Then we're picking #12 again and we're analyzing Darnell Nurse v. Ryan Pulock, and we don't have O'Reilly.
Have you watched this team play? We are a bottom 5 feeder team, nothing more. The only way we don't finish bottom 5 is if Ryan Miller carries us into maybe picking 5th to 10th.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:28 PM
CupWanted
#19 The Future

Think Der Jaeger hit the nail on the head a few posts ago.

Would you do Sekera and Girgs for RoR?

I think that's probably a pretty fair deal for both sides.

Our D wouldn't be too hot but we have prospects coming up to fill the void in the next couple years. Losing Girgs isn't that big of a deal in this situation because RoR already brings what we hope he can someday.

Losing Sekera is a tough pill to swallow which probably means it's a fair deal.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:28 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
Have you watched this team play? We are a bottom 5 feeder team, nothing more. The only way we don't finish bottom 5 is if Ryan Miller carries us into maybe picking 5th to 10th.
Its nearly the same roster that finishes 8th or 9th all the time though. They could wake up and figure out to beat the Jets, Caps, and Canes of the world enough times to ruin everything!!

Old
02-14-2013, 08:31 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
Its nearly the same roster that finishes 8th or 9th all the time though. They could wake up and figure out to beat the Jets, Caps, and Canes of the world enough times to ruin everything!!
This isn't the same team. We lost Derek Roy and Paul Gaustad and Hecht should be retired. Myers is playing pathetic, and Robin R has concrete boats. S-E-F have zero chemistry and V-H-P cannot be our only line scoring. We also have Lindy Ruff as a coach which is the worst out of all these things. We have the center depth of Ennis/Grigs/and Coho all with little to no experience. If you look at our next few games we should easily be beaten in all of them, I just don't see us finishing 8th or 9th this year from the way they are playing.

Have you looked at the Canes roster? There my sleeper pick to come out of the East this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:36 PM
5 Minute Major

I wouldn't want to see Armia involved in any trade. We are hurting, as is, for talented wingers in our own organization.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

Quote:
The following teams could all finish with less points than us IMO

East: Islanders, Jets, Panthers, Sens.

West: Columbus, Colorado, probably some other team as well

We are AWFUL, but a lot of other teams have been just as bad and are worse on paper than us. We are not guaranteed a top 5 pick, as much as I wish we were.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
This isn't the same team. We lost Derek Roy and Paul Gaustad and Hecht should be retired. Myers is playing pathetic, and Robin R has concrete boats. S-E-F have zero chemistry and V-H-P cannot be our only line scoring. We also have Lindy Ruff as a coach which is the worst out of all these things. We have the center depth of Ennis/Grigs/and Coho all with little to no experience. If you look at our next few games we should easily be beaten in all of them, I just don't see us finishing 8th or 9th this year from the way they are playing.
I'll give you Roy and Gaustad, but all the things you cite are actually reasons why the *roster* is not very different. Pretending that 9th place isn't a possibility would be foolish.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

Well, after tonight we are now officially tied for last place in the East with Boston and Pitt coming up, going to go out on a limb and say we sit alone in the cellar by the end of the weekend. Feels good man.

Best case scenario: We lose the next two games, press conference announced on Monday and Terry,Ted, and Darcy later announce that Lindy Ruff has been let go. Not long after, we trade for ROR.

One can dream.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre View Post
Well, after tonight we are now officially tied for last place in the East with Boston and Pitt coming up, going to go out on a limb and say we sit alone in the cellar by the end of the weekend. Feels good man.
Nah, these trolls will win the next 2.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:10 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Count me in for being on board with trading for RoR..

Old
02-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

We should really be rooting for the Avs to win some games and give their FO some reason to believe they could be playoff contenders, would make them more likely to trade ROR now than waiting until the deadline or the draft, don't you think? I know it is unlikely they are successful with their injuries right now though.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
I believe this was said on this board the last two seasons around December/January. They'll find a way to screw up their draft pick, of that I have little doubt.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
I wouldn't want to see Armia involved in any trade. We are hurting, as is, for talented wingers in our own organization.
The Avs need RWs, both on their roster and in their system. It makes sense that they'd ask for Armia. Another tough pill to swallow.

That's why I think they'd ask for Sekera and Armia. It fits their needs, and I don't know many folks, including myself, who would be happy to see either player go in a trade. But I'd do both for O'Reilly, and it's probably about fair.

Which is why Regier should offer sheet O'Reilly, and just give up picks.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
The Avs need RWs, both on their roster and in their system. It makes sense that they'd ask for Armia. Another tough pill to swallow.

That's why I think they'd ask for Sekera and Armia. It fits their needs, and I don't know many folks, including myself, who would be happy to see either player go in a trade. But I'd do both for O'Reilly, and it's probably about fair.

Which is why Regier should offer sheet O'Reilly, and just give up picks.
It makes the most sense, IMO. I don't see the Avs matching, especially if it's after when the trade deadline will be next year because it'd be a forced marriage for another 1.5 seasons. Plus, they may be enticed by how good our 1st rounder may be this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
It makes the most sense, IMO. I don't see the Avs matching, especially if it's after when the trade deadline will be next year because it'd be a forced marriage for another 1.5 seasons. Plus, they may be enticed by how good our 1st rounder may be this year.
I agree. Truthfully, I'd rather keep all the players mentioned as the primaries in potential O'Reilly trades (Ennis, Girgensons, Armia, Sekera, Pysyk, McNabb, etc.) and give up the picks. I think all those guys have talent and can be a part of the future. For most of those guys, we already know they aren't complete flops, which we can't predict with draft choices.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:38 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
This team could still make the playoffs and even win a series behind Miller and Ruff

I'm not even kidding doe

Old
02-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Have My Baby Pierre

Quote:
I would be okay with an offer sheet, I agree with you we will end up getting the 10th overall pick or around there in typical Buffalo fashion, so I don't think it would be a huge blow. Of course though..it would be our luck to offer-sheet him and then end up getting a top 3 overall pick even with him on our team

Old
02-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Can't part with Seksy... Our D is too abysmal already

Old
02-14-2013, 10:03 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Very good point. A lot of guys are playing below their potential right now. Not to mention O'Reilly makes us significantly better in an area we specifically need
Like Miller and Vanek and Pominville? Vanek can't keep going like this indefinately and Miller won't hold up to all these shots. We haven't hit bottom yet.

You would be crazy to trade that 1st pick this year. And until Ruff is gone you think we would magically be better because we have ROR (minus the assets we paid to get him)?

Old
02-14-2013, 10:08 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

We don't have a contending team, I want to save our picks especially in a draft such as this one. This team has far to many holes and is already in to big of a rut to make any type of splash.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
We don't have a contending team, I want to save our picks especially in a draft such as this one. This team has far to many holes and is already in to big of a rut to make any type of splash.

Correct...and RoR fills the biggest hole this team has.

Closed Thread