HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

It's time for Capuano to go

Old
02-14-2013, 03:06 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
Not accurate ice usage, Most of the time caps takes his team right out of the game by playing top lines and top pairing excessively, giving the rest of the team 2 mins a period, then when he sees he is in trouble exhausted wise ..he balances minutes. Very hard to play when you are left cold for long segments of a game
I'm holding out hope that they make a move for ROR. It would allow Cappy or whoever the new HC would be to bump Nielsen down to the 3rd and roll all four lines pretty effectively.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:10 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'm holding out hope that they make a move for ROR. It would allow Cappy or whoever the new HC would be to bump Nielsen down to the 3rd and roll all four lines pretty effectively.
Dont want ROR here if the numbers to what he is asking for are true. 5/6 years between 5-6 million per year. Thats a joke and am not surprised he hasnt been signed yet. Kid had back to back 26 pt seasons and then a whopping 50. And he wants 5-6 million.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I don't think it's a one or the other type situation. Obviously the team is extremely lacking in talent, but Capuano just is not a good coach. Look at Ted Nolan and what he was able to accomplish with an equally poor team(maybe even less talented, considering it was pre-Tavares). I'm sure a better coach could get better results, but I don't think many coaches would be able to get this team into the playoffs.
this.
anyone who wouldn't give up a second rounder to force wangsnow to bring back teddy is nuts. i don't hate jack, but he's done unless this turns around starting tonight.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

I hate Capuano with a passion but nothing is going to change under ass kisser Doug Weight. We need an established coach who has a vision, a system & the balls to tell Wang & Snow to F off.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:52 PM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
I think this is truly Capuano's last game.....

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
I think this is truly Capuano's last game.....
Capuano is not at fault for the terrible team. It is 100% on Snow/Wang 7-10 players on this roster belong in the AHL and the rest are forced into roles they are not capable of. Its a ****ing disgrace of a roster at the hands of the worst GM and owner in NHL history. No 1 coach can do anything about this.

Cap is a terrible coach but he is just a scapegoat.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:23 PM
PoPo22

I honestly just think the starting of Finley is a joke. He just doesn't belong in the NHL. Especially when hickey was playing well.

PoPo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:16 PM
xIsle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjricco8 View Post
It isn't the coach. Cappy is fine. It's the team. I wonder what you all think the Islanders record woul dbe if Al Arbour was coaching? Stanly Cup Champs?? The islanders had 3 rookies on teh blueline before Viz arrived. We still dont have a good goalie or a #1 D. Stop looking at the coach for answers.
Yeah everything is fine madame la marquise!

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Beastrt

Did anyone see the pre-game with peter and stan and they mentioned coaches on the hot seat and didn't even mention Capuano. After the win he is safe for now but come on. It just shows how bias the islanders announcers are.

Beastrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastrt View Post
Did anyone see the pre-game with peter and stan and they mentioned coaches on the hot seat and didn't even mention Capuano. After the win he is safe for now but come on. It just shows how bias the islanders announcers are.
That has nothing to do with an islanders announcer bias. You will never hear a coach is on the hot seat from that teams own broadcasting crew. Why would you expect that?

Queensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:59 PM
jjricco8

So Cappy makes a decision to put out the 4th line which sparks a 3 goal rally. Good coaching decision.

jjricco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjricco8 View Post
So Cappy makes a decision to put out the 4th line which sparks a 3 goal rally. Good coaching decision.
What's truly astonishing about that is that he made an in-game change.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPo22 View Post
I honestly just think the starting of Finley is a joke. He just doesn't belong in the NHL. Especially when hickey was playing well.
The joke is that Snow had to reach to waivers and grab Strait, Finley, and Hickey and force them into the lineup. Strait looks like a pretty good number 6 but Hickey and Finley are 7th type dmen or AHL guys. Hickey reminds me of Hillen without the hitting, which is not a good thing and Finley is a parking cone.

I can not blame Capuano for dressing the crap that is on his roster. That is on Snow/Wang

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:39 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
The joke is that Snow had to reach to waivers and grab Strait, Finley, and Hickey and force them into the lineup. Strait looks like a pretty good number 6 but Hickey and Finley are 7th type dmen or AHL guys. Hickey reminds me of Hillen without the hitting, which is not a good thing and Finley is a parking cone.

I can not blame Capuano for dressing the crap that is on his roster. That is on Snow/Wang
Strait might be a #6 on most teams but on this team he looks like a #2. Vis & Strait looked like our best defensive pairing last night.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Dan-o16

So, I'm not really into blaming the coach for out bad stretches, so I'm not echoing the 'Capuano sucks' thing... Still....

How long before Weight becomes head coach? He seems to be getting all the credit for their improvement in play. When he does interviews he doesn't appear, to me, to be the assistant. He looks like the head coach. Can't just be me, right?

Honestly, if he's really having the kind of effect that is being described, the organization would be compelled to make that change, right?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:27 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
So, I'm not really into blaming the coach for out bad stretches, so I'm not echoing the 'Capuano sucks' thing... Still....

How long before Weight becomes head coach? He seems to be getting all the credit for their improvement in play. When he does interviews he doesn't appear, to me, to be the assistant. He looks like the head coach. Can't just be me, right?

Honestly, if he's really having the kind of effect that is being described, the organization would be compelled to make that change, right?

Cheers,

Dan-o
Coaches.....need time to gain experience. Like players.

I don't want Weight anointed head coach yet.

But....this team has fans that think Nino should play in his diapers right after an infantile trade demand he was involved in. We're penciling in draft picks at every turn to be first liners. Might as well have an assistant coach who yells on the bench become head coach. Everybody gets a ribbon! We're all winners!

I would hold onto Weight for as long as possible, though.....I think one day he'll make a great coach.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:44 PM
crashthenet

When does Flintstone figure out that Moulson needs to take a seat 5 on 5? And that Andrew MacDonald is having a terrible season? And you can take timeout when your team is sleepwalking? Or change goalies to wake your team up? Or your 2nd unit PP might be a good place for the 30 goal scorer thats sitting on your bench (Graber)?

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Isles Junkie

Why would he have John Tavares on the ice in the final 30 seconds of a 7-0 game? All they need is for him to step in a rut in our crap ice & pull his groin, or have a puck deflect into his face or something. Capuano is the absolute worst.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:32 PM
StrongIslanders90

How do we Know Cappy Sucks and should be fired....

In a 7-0 Games he has our best player and franchise Center(Tavares) on the ice for the last 30 sec of the game against a very physical division rival Flyers team....Part of me wishes Tavares would have taken a solid hit that made him miss one game.....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:40 PM
CDirt

And at one time I thought the Steve Stirling era was akin to a Ray Handly mistake. This is the third turd of a coach hired by this team since Laviolette left the job. How hard is it to hire a competent coach?

It's not like these guys are UFAs. An unemployed coach will pretty much take any job just to stay in the game.

Wangs antics at this point are reaching a level where they are not just damaging to this team but the NHL brand itself. At somepoint someone has to have a conversation with this guy to step down. It would look better if this franchise was betting and throwing their own games at this point.

I can't imagine a pro sports league with any kind of Cap willing to stand by and tolerate this. It hurts the integrity of the league and damages the other owners products.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Isles Junkie

BULL**** They can't make changes with their personnel. Of course they can.

Bailey - JT - Grabner
Martin - Nielsen - Moulson
Boyes - Cizkas - Ullstrom
the rest...

There I just made changes. jesus christ Capuano, just try something different than JT & Matt Moulson 5 on 5. Isn't he sick & tired of JT spending over 50% of his shifts in the defensive zone...against checking lines no less.

Why is it that our checking lines spend time in the defensive zone against their 1st line, but our 1st line spends time in our defensvie zone against their 3rd line?

Can't make changes with this personnel? As much as it's a cry for help, it's also Capuano not having any damn clue what he's doing.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:36 PM
crashthenet

He shuffled Boyes down today but not Moulson? Unreal. How the hell does Grabner Play only 13 minutes while Okposo plays almost 17? Philly defense is big and slow, no sense getting Grabner and Ullstrom involved. How on earth could you leave Nabby in for the whole game? What a jackass.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Satan'sIsland81

How many coaches......

.......does Garth Snow get to hire? To me, this is the biggest question. There is no doubt Cappy is not an NHL coach, NO DOUBT, but I find it so ridiculous how Islanders fans just talk game after game about how horrible he is as a coach considering the product Garth Snow gives him out on the ice. If Cappy gets canned, the next coach will be the fourth in the Garth Snow era without a single playoff APPEARANCE in going on 6 years. At what point does the attention (if not from the organization and our clueless owner, at least from the fans and media) turn toward the horrendous job of the GM. I have never seen a pro sports GM get to hire 4 different coaches without so much as a playoff berth and get to continue holding his job with no pressure whatsoever.

Satan'sIsland81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:05 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Snow's hired 2 coaches, Gordon and Capuano. Nolan was here when he got the job (and made the playoffs BTW). Where do you get 4?

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:15 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan'sIsland81 View Post
.......does Garth Snow get to hire? To me, this is the biggest question. There is no doubt Cappy is not an NHL coach, NO DOUBT, but I find it so ridiculous how Islanders fans just talk game after game about how horrible he is as a coach considering the product Garth Snow gives him out on the ice. If Cappy gets canned, the next coach will be the fourth in the Garth Snow era without a single playoff APPEARANCE in going on 6 years. At what point does the attention (if not from the organization and our clueless owner, at least from the fans and media) turn toward the horrendous job of the GM. I have never seen a pro sports GM get to hire 4 different coaches without so much as a playoff berth and get to continue holding his job with no pressure whatsoever.
It has more to do with Wang not wanting to pay a Coach than Snow...

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote