HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Its a Edmonton Trade proposal... DUH..

Old
07-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Traktor*

vCash: 500
Its a Edmonton Trade proposal... DUH..

Edmonton has Horc Stoll and Reasoner

Then Brodziak, Schremp, MAP, Cogs, and Thoreson( Who I think could make the team) out of camp this year... we have alot of good players but not enough space.

If we cant get the big LW Mikhnov over here mabey we should make a trade.

TO EDMONTON : Scottie Upshall

To Nashville: Marc Antoine Pouliot

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 07:59 PM
HOF

God, what's with all these proposals popping up? Getting annoying.

Iknow I know, "then don't open them"....

HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 08:40 PM
thebigstubbs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckRaise View Post
Edmonton has Horc Stoll and Reasoner

Then Brodziak, Schremp, MAP, Cogs, and Thoreson( Who I think could make the team) out of camp this year... we have alot of good players but not enough space.

If we cant get the big LW Mikhnov over here mabey we should make a trade.

TO EDMONTON : Scottie Upshall

To Nashville: Marc Antoine Pouliot
If the oilers make a move it will be for a d-man

Upshall is only 22--but he is now at the 5 year window

from what I have seen of him he is a career 3rd liner

I don't trade guys that are still prospects for guys that are at the tail end of the five year draft window

the five year draft window is something either you understand or don't

nothing Upshall has done as caused me to think he was overrated ar 6th when he was taking

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=55361

thebigstubbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 08:43 PM
oiled

Please make them stop

oiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Transported Upstater

I really don't think Nashville would do this.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransportedUpstater View Post
I really don't think Nashville would do this.
Yah me neither, I would in a second, but I don't think Nashville would

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Lowetide

Actually, the Oilers have also stated than Jonas Almtorp has a great chance to make the team.

The problem with dealing a guy like Pouliot is that he's unproven. Almost every team is going to have a Pouliot (to a greater or lesser degree) and teams most often play the guy and he establishes his level of ability before they either slot him in and count on him or send him away.

Pouliot might be something, he might be Chad Kilger. I don't think NHL teams are going to invest much to find out.

Lowetide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 09:17 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Proposals have to be the biggest waste of time on the planet. I mean it's the equivalent of making those spoof movie trailers that keep popping up on the internet. I mean, the first one - the Shining one - that was kind of interesting but now they are everywhere. Everyone wants to make one and we all have to suffer through them - clicking on pages that say "You've Got To See This!", etc.

This page on the boards is ridiculous right now. Most of us who come here come here for rumors and signings. We have to sift through all the 'proposals' in order to find the goods now and it's frustrating.

Okay, I'm done.

nikeisevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Furious George
Ville the Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil View Post
Proposals have to be the biggest waste of time on the planet. I mean it's the equivalent of making those spoof movie trailers that keep popping up on the internet. I mean, the first one - the Shining one - that was kind of interesting but now they are everywhere. Everyone wants to make one and we all have to suffer through them - clicking on pages that say "You've Got To See This!", etc.

This page on the boards is ridiculous right now. Most of us who come here come here for rumors and signings. We have to sift through all the 'proposals' in order to find the goods now and it's frustrating.

Okay, I'm done.
An excellent analogy there. It wouldn't be so bad if 75% if them were Oiler proposals, they want to trade every Oiler they don't want anymore for every player on other teams that they do want, and they feel the need to start a new thread for every single one. What we should do is start a sticky thread to be used solely for EDM proposals and any Oiler proposals that stray from that thread will be locked and deleted immediately.

Furious George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
An excellent analogy there. It wouldn't be so bad if 75% if them were Oiler proposals, they want to trade every Oiler they don't want anymore for every player on other teams that they do want, and they feel the need to start a new thread for every single one. What we should do is start a sticky thread to be used solely for EDM proposals and any Oiler proposals that stray from that thread will be locked and deleted immediately.
Not really fair to actual Oiler fans though, cause it's only two people making all these other ones.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil View Post

Okay, I'm done.
It said Edmoton trade Proposal.. NOT "YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS" If you couldn't figure out that it was an actual Edmonton thread then you have problems. And from what I read from your statement you hate the trade proposal threads so to come in and read them means you are sick and have a compusive disorder. You would think if someone didn't like the contents of something inclosed they wouldn't open it but in your case you do not know any better. It's ok. It just means your special.

Ok New Proposal just for you...

To Edmonton : Cam Neely

To Boston : Glen Anderson

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Furious George
Ville the Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckRaise View Post
Ok New Proposal just for you...

To Edmonton : Cam Neely

To Boston : Glen Anderson
No chance, Boston better throw in Bobby Orr and a 2nd.

Furious George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Tom.H

And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
No chance, Boston better throw in Bobby Orr and a 2nd.
And Phil Esposito

Tom.H is offline   Reply With Quote