HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The price for Bell & Calder

Old
07-09-2006, 10:56 AM
plafleur10

vCash: 500
The price for Bell & Calder

So it looks like Chicago is willing to deal these two guys.

They apparently like Ribs, as rumor had him going there last year.

Does a combo of Ribs, Ryder & Zednik do it or am I dreaming in technicolor?

plafleur10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10 View Post

They apparently like Ribs, as rumor had him going there last year.

Does a combo of Ribs, Ryder & Zednik do it or am I dreaming in technicolor?

What I would do to get those 2 guys, you have no idea, (and maybe it's best that way...) Well obviously I would do it, can we think of asking Vandermeer as well or am I pushing it. 'Cause for us, no way that they could do it but if they really like Ribeiro, well it's easier to sell Zednik in that kind of package. And for them it could also comes as Ryder for Bell, and Calder for Ribs and Zed. That's why Vandermeer should be part of that kind of package.

Cause Ribs could again have 60-70 pts this year with his new attitude..., some say that Zed could easily rebound, and Ryder his a 30 goal scorer. So there's definately a trade possible in my opinion......

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 11:19 AM
couris

is bell or calder fast?

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 11:32 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
What I would do to get those 2 guys, you have no idea, (and maybe it's best that way...) Well obviously I would do it, can we think of asking Vandermeer as well or am I pushing it. 'Cause for us, no way that they could do it but if they really like Ribeiro, well it's easier to sell Zednik in that kind of package. And for them it could also comes as Ryder for Bell, and Calder for Ribs and Zed. That's why Vandermeer should be part of that kind of package.

Cause Ribs could again have 60-70 pts this year with his new attitude..., some say that Zed could easily rebound, and Ryder his a 30 goal scorer. So there's definately a trade possible in my opinion......
Vandermer is slow with limited offense. He is another Denis Gauthier which to me doesn't make him worth the trouble.

And that package should land both these guys.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Where did you read that Chicago is willing to deal Calder?

I can't see that to be true.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Covenant

Folks, Bell and Calder are two prime young talents with strong potential to become awesome if placed on the right team. You don't obtain these players by trying to dump players your team don't even want...Robiero and Zednik. Ryder would be a starting point but also look at combinations of him, Higgins, Komisarek, Price.

As a Leafs fan, it would require a package consisting of some combination of Steen, Poni, Stajan, Pogge.

Why would Chicago trade two of their best players for a teams castoffs???

Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 12:53 PM
GoHabsGO252006

No chance any prime young talent goes with Ryder for either or both of those guys. Maybe Sourray that's it, no chance Komi, Higgins or Price are included in that deal. You forget that while Bell and Calder have talent they have never exploded arguably b/c of their team but nonetheless and they don't want to pay what it will cost ot re-sign or go to arbitration.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 01:07 PM
plafleur10

Source(s)

Check third paragraph before end of the following article, we would not be alone in their pursuit:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/chea.../0707rant.html

A Chicago paper also said Bell is available recently.

plafleur10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
Folks, Bell and Calder are two prime young talents with strong potential to become awesome if placed on the right team. You don't obtain these players by trying to dump players your team don't even want...Robiero and Zednik. Ryder would be a starting point but also look at combinations of him, Higgins, Komisarek, Price.

As a Leafs fan, it would require a package consisting of some combination of Steen, Poni, Stajan, Pogge.

Why would Chicago trade two of their best players for a teams castoffs???
Well, while I agree with you, Ribeiro is included not because we like him or you like him but because it's possible that their GM likes him. Who cares if we all think he sucks, what's important is what Chicago's GM thinks.

As far as your package, I wouldn't consider Poni's 21 goals and 38 points superior to Ribeiro 16 goals 51 points or even Zednik 16 goals 30 points. Can't believe why our players are complete garbage while other players having similar stats or even less are considered good.....As far as Pogge is concerned, the only think the Leafs had an advantage on as far as goalies are concerned were their two young prospects than now are reduced to 1. And you want to give him away???

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:

Check third paragraph before end of the following article, we would not be alone in their pursuit:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/chea.../0707rant.html

A Chicago paper also said Bell is available recently.
I've seen this article before and it mentions nothing about Chicago saying Calder could be had. This guy is a freelance writer for that site and is building off the fact that Bell is known to be available for the right price.

Tallon has never said that he is looking to deal Calder. Bell is the favorite to be dealt if someone is.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
Well, while I agree with you, Ribeiro is included not because we like him or you like him but because it's possible that their GM likes him. Who cares if we all think he sucks, what's important is what Chicago's GM thinks.

As far as your package, I wouldn't consider Poni's 21 goals and 38 points superior to Ribeiro 16 goals 51 points or even Zednik 16 goals 30 points. Can't believe why our players are complete garbage while other players having similar stats or even less are considered good.....As far as Pogge is concerned, the only think the Leafs had an advantage on as far as goalies are concerned were their two young prospects than now are reduced to 1. And you want to give him away???
Who says Chicago's GM is so in love with Ribeiro? If he was I'm sure he could have already acquired him at minimal cost. While all Habs fans are crying to get rid of him, why would a NHL GM be of such less intelligent than all of these fans???

It's common knowledge that statistics are for losers, if not Marc Savard would have been the most sought after UFA on the market. Your comparison of Poni to Ribeiro shows a bias opinion or lack of knowledge of the game. If Ribiero don't produce points, he's of no value to the team. However, if Poni don't produce a single point he's valuable to a team. He's big and strong, can cycle the puck, really strong on the forecheck, good on the PK and a treat to score while short handed. Believe you me if the Leafs offered Poni for Ribeiro and Zednik, Gainey would drive them to the airport if it were a condition of the deal.

By the way it's Habs fans that are critical of Ribiero and Zednick as is evidenced by their comments on this board and having them included in every fantazised deal. And no I'm not interested in trading Pogge, but am realistic enough to know that Belak and Antropov (players that Leafs fans want to get rid off) won't bring young talent such as Bell and Calder to Toronto.

Old
07-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Who says Chicago's GM is so in love with Ribeiro? If he was I'm sure he could have already acquired him at minimal cost. While all Habs fans are crying to get rid of him, why would a NHL GM be of such less intelligent than all of these fans???

It's common knowledge that statistics are for losers, if not Marc Savard would have been the most sought after UFA on the market. Your comparison of Poni to Ribeiro shows a bias opinion or lack of knowledge of the game. If Ribiero don't produce points, he's of no value to the team. However, if Poni don't produce a single point he's valuable to a team. He's big and strong, can cycle the puck, really strong on the forecheck, good on the PK and a treat to score while short handed. Believe you me if the Leafs offered Poni for Ribeiro and Zednik, Gainey would drive them to the airport if it were a condition of the deal.

By the way it's Habs fans that are critical of Ribiero and Zednick as is evidenced by their comments on this board and having them included in every fantazised deal. And no I'm not interested in trading Pogge, but am realistic enough to know that Belak and Antropov (players that Leafs fans want to get rid off) won't bring young talent such as Bell and Calder to Toronto.
Yes this deal is fair and it really depends on what the GM is thinking.

Poni had one great season while Zedy had one bad one, what makes you so sure that Poni won't struggle next season and Zedy won't come back to be the 30 goal scorer. Yes, he was was pretty bad last season but it could be an off year. He was bothered by an groin injury. He should still have some value, i mean just take a look at Kubina. He was pretty crappy last season and he got a 5 mil contract. Raycroft came off a horrible year but had enough value to fetch a first round goalie prospect. As for Ribiero, he's 26ish and he's shown that he's trying at the end of the season. Yeah points aren't everything, but he's young and has lots of offencive talent. All he needs to do is become stronger. From what i have seen Ribeiro does produce points which gives him some value. Sure Poni kills penalties and such but we use ribeiro for powerplay.
Ribs= young, lazy and weak but slowly improving, offensively gifted player
Poni= young, harder working defensively gifted player that can chip in offensively once in a while. (which there are plenty of)
Believe you me if the Habs offered Ribeiro and Zednik for Poni, Fergy would drive him to the airport and then offer Gainey his first born child even if it weren’t a condition of the deal because it is too good to be true.
Just because some Habs fans want them out does mean they suck, its because they are not trying hard enough.

Yes call me bias, but I think Calder and Bell for Ribeiro, Ryder, and Zednik is fair.
They give up 2 young skilled players, so do we.
Ryder(30 goal sniper) more or less equal Bell(skilled power forward would can pot 25)
Zednick(contract year)+Ribiero(a playmaker who has put up 55-65 points) = Calder(fairly fast and skilled)

The question is why would Chicago offer them up anyway?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Mizral

I could see Bell being moved, but not Calder.

Really, Kyle Calder is a hell of a player, and if Chicago moves him, they are dumber than even we think (and that's pretty dumb).

Bell, though, could probobly be moved for Ryder. I don't think Chicago would move Bell for Zednik or Ribeiro. Maybe both though, if something else was added from Chicago (perhaps a prospect or a pick).

EDIT: By the way, I should add, I do think Chicago and Montreal would and should do a Ryder for Bell swap if it becomes available. Montreal really, really has needed to add some size up front for a while now, and Ryder I think could really break out with Ruutu on Chicago's top line. Ryder would be something of a Daze v.2, but the Daze that scored 40 goals and looked like he would be a good 1st line goal scorer, maybe not great, but good for years to come.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 07:58 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson View Post
I could see Bell being moved, but not Calder.

Really, Kyle Calder is a hell of a player, and if Chicago moves him, they are dumber than even we think (and that's pretty dumb).

Bell, though, could probobly be moved for Ryder. I don't think Chicago would move Bell for Zednik or Ribeiro. Maybe both though, if something else was added from Chicago (perhaps a prospect or a pick).

EDIT: By the way, I should add, I do think Chicago and Montreal would and should do a Ryder for Bell swap if it becomes available. Montreal really, really has needed to add some size up front for a while now, and Ryder I think could really break out with Ruutu on Chicago's top line. Ryder would be something of a Daze v.2, but the Daze that scored 40 goals and looked like he would be a good 1st line goal scorer, maybe not great, but good for years to come.

haha.. i love your sig dudeeeeee

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
so, Bell is in San Jose now. Oh well.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watzatheo View Post
Yes this deal is fair and it really depends on what the GM is thinking.

Poni had one great season while Zedy had one bad one, what makes you so sure that Poni won't struggle next season and Zedy won't come back to be the 30 goal scorer. Yes, he was was pretty bad last season but it could be an off year. He was bothered by an groin injury. He should still have some value, i mean just take a look at Kubina. He was pretty crappy last season and he got a 5 mil contract. Raycroft came off a horrible year but had enough value to fetch a first round goalie prospect. As for Ribiero, he's 26ish and he's shown that he's trying at the end of the season. Yeah points aren't everything, but he's young and has lots of offencive talent. All he needs to do is become stronger. From what i have seen Ribeiro does produce points which gives him some value. Sure Poni kills penalties and such but we use ribeiro for powerplay.
Ribs= young, lazy and weak but slowly improving, offensively gifted player
Poni= young, harder working defensively gifted player that can chip in offensively once in a while. (which there are plenty of)
Believe you me if the Habs offered Ribeiro and Zednik for Poni, Fergy would drive him to the airport and then offer Gainey his first born child even if it weren’t a condition of the deal because it is too good to be true.
Just because some Habs fans want them out does mean they suck, its because they are not trying hard enough.

Yes call me bias, but I think Calder and Bell for Ribeiro, Ryder, and Zednik is fair.
They give up 2 young skilled players, so do we.
Ryder(30 goal sniper) more or less equal Bell(skilled power forward would can pot 25)
Zednick(contract year)+Ribiero(a playmaker who has put up 55-65 points) = Calder(fairly fast and skilled)

The question is why would Chicago offer them up anyway?
Anyways pal, no one on the Leafs treads even mentions trading Poni as we all know he's just hitting stride and finally finding his game. As for Ribeiro and Zednik the only way Fergy would drive to the airport for those guys is out of pitty to take them away from all the flack they receives from Hab fans. If Calder or Bell alone was traded for these guys plus other considerations, Dale Tallon's tenure as Hawks GM would be quickly ended. It would be considered the biggest hoist since Trevor Linden was traded for Todd Bertussi, Bryan McCabe and a high draft pick. This board would be loaded with accolades for Gainey and the highway robbery he pulled off.

Old
07-09-2006, 08:26 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Anyways pal, no one on the Leafs treads even mentions trading Poni as we all know he's just hitting stride and finally finding his game. As for Ribeiro and Zednik the only way Fergy would drive to the airport for those guys is out of pitty to take them away from all the flack they receives from Hab fans. If Calder or Bell alone was traded for these guys plus other considerations, Dale Tallon's tenure as Hawks GM would be quickly ended. It would be considered the biggest hoist since Trevor Linden was traded for Todd Bertussi, Bryan McCabe and a high draft pick. This board would be loaded with accolades for Gainey and the highway robbery he pulled off.
todd bertussi?
p.s ponikarovsky sucks. big! and has chad kilger upside written all over him. laffs can keep him as no other would want him. maybe for a jock strap or something.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

So it looks like the price was something along the lines of Komisarek (Priessing) and a more mature Maxwell (Hennessy). Or any two prospects that Chicago could've traded for Havlat. Steep.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
todd bertussi?
p.s ponikarovsky sucks. big! and has chad kilger upside written all over him. laffs can keep him as no other would want him. maybe for a jock strap or something.
Thanks for your intellectual input!! However, try to be original...