HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
It is more he is adapting to Therrien's vision. He keeps attempting to force Eller into a more prototypical shutdown role and that is simply not his game. If Eller is traded, I suspect the Habs will seek big forwards, likely prospect(s) - depends on who. We absolutely do not need defense of any kind.
Mcneill + Beach for Eller?

Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Do people even think before they make proposals ?

Bergevin said that when he first took over he got the most calls about Eller. The way Eller is playing he's not being dealt unless it's a sweet deal.

Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
You do realize there are some good to elite players making that or more playing as second line centres, yes? One such example: Ryan Kesler. Richards, Duchene and Staal also come to mind.
Most took discounts and could be top line centres if they wanted, O'reilly is not a top line centre. Why should we overpay for a 2nd line centre we don't need that barely outscored the centre we are trading away?

Old
02-14-2013, 10:08 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

no surprise Eller is drawing interest... he's a very good young player, who is already very solid defensively and clearly has some very untapped offensive upside.

Why the habs/Therrien refuse to give him a legit shot to play a top-6 role is beyond me.

If he does get moved, it had better be for what appears to most as a huge overpayment in our favor... otherwise, he'll be yet another guy we get a minimal return for who then goes on to excel for another team.

MB better not screw this one up!
The only way he screws up is by ACTUALLY trading Eller.
The kid DESERVES DD's minutes. He's been one of the best players in recent games.
The mistake is when I see the notification from the TSN Trade Center App:

Lar Eller (C) from MTL traded to ???

That's when I facepalm, and decided to not watch the Habs for a while.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Punkeater

I would be pissed too if they traded Eller... I would let Desharnais go 1000x times before Eller

Old
02-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
I would be pissed too if they traded Eller... I would let Desharnais go 1000x times before Eller
Couldn't agree more

Old
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Mcneill + Beach for Eller?
Pass. McNeill hasn't really progressed from his draft year, and Beach has the same value as Tangradi.

Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
It would be hard to find a taker for DD that would give us quality return, that is the difference.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:14 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Most took discounts and could be top line centres if they wanted, O'reilly is not a top line centre. Why should we overpay for a 2nd line centre we don't need that barely outscored the centre we are trading away?
The post you're responding to made no mention of O'Reilly. Why do you keep bringing him up?

Old
02-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Punkeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It would be hard to find a taker for DD that would give us quality return, that is the difference.
I agree but that doesn't mean we need to let Eller go... We need him in Montreal. We would be way too small at center with Galchenyuk, Plek and Desharnais. He's playing better hockey this year all around than Desharnais.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:20 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Eller looked great tonight once again.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Bullsmith

You can't say never. There are lots of players in the league I'd trade Eller for, but I agree he's probably undervalued. Guy really looks like someone who needs coaching. Therrien hasn't given him big icetime yet, but he's certainly got him working. I'm optimistic he'll find a role he can thrive in.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:21 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Agreed.

Eller has an extra year on his contract at a very reasonable rate. I think (*hope) they don't trade him unless its for an upgrade.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:22 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
Eller looked great tonight once again.
He sure did. Against softer opposition, he took and maintained the momentum. He was also very reliable in our own zone.

All our centers performed admirably tonight. Plek was a beast, Desharnais was working hard as hell. Galchenyuk tried doing things as well.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:25 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I'd be pissed. He's been working his ass off and he hasn't even gotten a fair chance yet. He's always had awful linemates. His value probably isn't very high right now and I doubt we'd get anything substantial back. We've been needing a big centre for years and now that we finally have one, we pair him up with plugs and might be shipping him off in the near future. It's always the same **** with this organization.
That's why Therrien sucks. WTF is he still giving so much ice time to a much older and tiny DD!

Might as well trade Eller for Gerbe to assemble the tiniest C depth ever iced in the NHL:

x - Plekanec - x
x - DD - x
x - Gerbe - x
x - AG - x

Old
02-14-2013, 10:25 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
If they're going to trade him, they're making the same mistake old management made. His value is not what it could be.
this in terms of trade value.

But even then, we need eller at center, especially since he can play top 9, unlike DD, who's useless in a checking/defensive role.
i rather have a pleck/gally/eller then pleck/gally/DD for the future, where eller and pleck can rotate 2nd and 3d lines.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:27 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
He sure did. Against softer opposition, he took and maintained the momentum. He was also very reliable in our own zone.

All our centers performed admirably tonight. Plek was a beast, Desharnais was working hard as hell. Galchenyuk tried doing things as well.
Desharnais got 82 games of "softer" opposition last year. What's your point? Its pretty evident that Desharnais can't play vs the "tougher" opposition .

12 games 3 goals, 2 assists, -6 16:47 TOI vs
10 games , 1 goal, 4 assists, even, 13:30

Can you guess who's numbers are who's? I'm also looking for AVG FO %.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:28 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
That's why Therrien sucks. WTF is he still giving so much ice time to a much older and tiny DD!

Might as well trade Eller for Gerbe to assemble the tiniest C depth ever iced in the NHL:

x - Plekanec - x
x - DD - x
x - Gerbe - x
x - AG - x

Trade Gally for Ennis as well. Might as well round it off.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Guys, relax. I heard the segment on Melnick's show: Melnick asked him what it would take from a Habs perspective to get ROR. LeBrun didn't really answer, but went on the Eller angle, saying teams are calling about Eller and are interested and that in the right deal, Eller could be had.

All it says is that Eller is a valued commodity, but not an untouchable. Not exactly ground breaking news here.

It wasn't ''Bergevin is looking to trade him''.
I just tweeted Lebrun about that and that's exactly what he said : Lars is drawing interest from other teams, but he doesn't know if he's gonna be traded or not.

Other GMs probably see what a lot of us here complain about : an underused skilled guy who seem stucked in no man's land on our team.

I can't believe we would trade him at this point. Haven't we been discussing this for 18 months now : He NEEDS to be given a real shot with 2 competent wingers, period. Until then we just don't know what we hold.

Time to shift DD to the wing :

Patch - Plek - Gio
DD - Eller - Cole
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Old
02-14-2013, 10:37 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Desharnais got 82 games of "softer" opposition last year. What's your point? Its pretty evident that Desharnais can't play vs the "tougher" opposition .

12 games 3 goals, 2 assists, -6 16:47 TOI vs
10 games , 1 goal, 4 assists, even, 13:30

Can you guess who's numbers are who's? I'm also looking for AVG FO %.
Playing on the 1st line with sheltered minute is still harder than playing on the 4th line, dude.

Eller sure has been able to handle his own so far. And the occasional time he was put against top-tier opposition, he held his own. But I am not sure he could do so with regularity.

Old
compile
Give me Scotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I just tweeted Lebrun about that and that's exactly what he said : Lars is drawing interest from other teams, but he doesn't know if he's gonna be traded or not.

Other GMs probably see what a lot of us here complain about : an underused skilled guy who seem stucked in no man's land on our team.

I can't believe we would trade him at this point. Haven't we been discussing this for 18 months now : He NEEDS to be given a real shot with 2 competent wingers, period. Until then we just don't know what we hold.

Time to shift DD to the wing :

Patch - Plek - Gio
DD - Eller - Cole
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
You know who would look good on Eller's wing...
Semin.

Old
Punkeater

I guess it's time for us to to get into that Habs fan club so we can meet Bergevin and Geoff Molson and let them know what we think.

Mr. Bergevin.... don't you dare trading Eller!!!

Old
02-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
They need to trade DD, not Eller.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Punkeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
They need to trade DD, not Eller.
This

Anyway Desharnais will be a restricted free agent this summer and the way he's playing right now. I would prefer give his spot to Eller which would makes us bigger at center position. I would let Desharnais go at the trade deadline for a contender team who would like to boost their lineup a little for playoffs. I don't mind if he goes for a low pick or anything. I just want Eller to have his chance at center for once...

Old
02-14-2013, 10:49 PM
neil2005

I would trade Eller to Chicago for a 1st in 2013 and Teravainen, or a 1st in 2013 and Saad

Closed Thread