HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Teams Interested in Lars Eller

Old
02-14-2013, 07:47 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 500
Eller has still has a lot of potential but he hasn't proven much I don't think the Canadians would get fair value in return for him. Maybe for another player that may need a change of scenery.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

The Sharks should be interested in Eller.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Sliney89

Eller probably is the one who SHOULD stay, but let's face it..

Desharnais has a french name, and that's what's truly important.

Sliney89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:10 PM
radicalcenter

Tonight's game is the best example of the injustice toward Eller. He played 6:45 in the first two periods and our very worst forward this year Armstrong played 7:30. And all of that despite the fact that Eller is arguably one the best player on the ice tonight.

radicalcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:12 PM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliney89 View Post
Eller probably is the one who SHOULD stay, but let's face it..

Desharnais has a french name, and that's what's truly important.
Oh man, you nailed it bro. NAILED IT. You, you nailed it right on the head.

There's the nail, and then, and then there's you... nailing it.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:14 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Tonight's game is the best example of the injustice toward Eller. He played 6:45 in the first two periods and our very worst forward this year Armstrong played 7:30. And all of that despite the fact that Eller is arguably one the best player on the ice tonight.
The problem is there are too many guys ahead of him. He's not better than Plekanec, he won't get the benefit of the doubt against Galchenyuk, and for some reason, Desharnais is allowed the longest leash of life.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:17 PM
sharkbite3
Custom boozer title

Sharks should make a pitch for him.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 1963
O'Reilly + a bigger dman like O'Byrne <----> Eller + Bealieu (assuming he's developing well, I haven't followed) + Weber

Though I doubt Mtl would want O'Reilly even if he's the type of player they could use. Eller's a big strong centre who I also thought they could used so surprised his TOI has gone down with Julien. He was doing well last year.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:18 PM
radicalcenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
The problem is there are too many guys ahead of him. He's not better than Plekanec, he won't get the benefit of the doubt against Galchenyuk, and for some reason, Desharnais is allowed the longest leash of life.
But if Therrien was serious about his "you work hard you'll play more minutes" philosophy , Eller would be playing Desharnais' minutes or he would at least be playing Cole's or Gionta's minutes on the wings. The fact that he doesn't play more is blowing my mind loll.

radicalcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
O'Reilly + a bigger dman like O'Byrne <----> Eller + Bealieu (assuming he's developing well, I haven't followed) + Weber

Though I doubt Mtl would want O'Reilly even if he's the type of player they could use. Eller's a big strong centre who I also thought they could used so surprised his TOI has gone down with Julien. He was doing well last year.
Value wise it's fair but i don't want to trade Beaulieu he is going to be a top 4 in the nhl some day

I'd rather give up Diaz and Leblanc.

Btw it's Therrien the coach not Julien and he has been getting some good ice time in the last games. He was always in our top 3 best players in the last 5 games.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Habsrule

The problem is he is just stuck in a numbers game.

He played more minutes last year when he was the #3 center.

Currently our centers are #1-Plekanec, #2-Desharnais, #3-Galchenyuk, #4-Eller

Eller has been playing with Moen, Armstrong and White all year long.

Eller has been tried on the wing but he just seems a little lost when he does play on the wing. He is a natural center and thrives there much more than on the wing.

I feel that Desharnais should be the odd man out. The problem with that is that the line of Paccioretty-Desharnais-Cole was by far the Habs best line last season. They were the only line that could score at times.

It would be very tough to trade Desharnais as he is quite undersized. Teams will have interest in him but Eller would fetch a much better return than Desharnais.

Habsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:44 PM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Hopefully the Canucks are interested, we could use another center capable of playing a solid two-way game.
Yes please. Eller has sick potential, really like the way he plays fits the Canucks system to a tee. How about the Danish connection like with Jensen-Eller-Hansen

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:09 PM
nazembiggs*

I think a trade with the blue jackets would work for Derick Brassard. Mtl love their French Canadians and blue jackets GM drafted Eller. I don't know who would have to add or if its fair value just seems like a good change of scenario for both players.

nazembiggs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:13 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
But if Therrien was serious about his "you work hard you'll play more minutes" philosophy , Eller would be playing Desharnais' minutes or he would at least be playing Cole's or Gionta's minutes on the wings. The fact that he doesn't play more is blowing my mind loll.
He doesn't want to mess up with chemistry. The Plekanec line is the most consistent line this season, he wants to keep Galchenyuk with Gallagher, and Desharnais needs big wingers like Cole and Pacioretty.

I would get rid of Desharnais before Eller, but I don't think DD has much in terms of trade value.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Eller, Tinordi and 2nd for O'Reiily.
Nope. No interest at a high cost for a 5 million dollar centre who isn't a big body presence. Plekanec will hold that spot just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharpe View Post
Higgins and a 2nd
Nobody wants stone hands Higgins

If he is dealt, hopefully it's a big body coming back whether it be forward, or d. Better be tough and like to hit. Eller averages around 2 hits a game and he's sadly our best centreman (who takes draws consistently) at 47%.

Columbus has players of interest.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Eller tricks you with his size, skating and shot. He looks like the total package but he can't put it all together to take his game to the next level. You'll get flashes from him which make you think he can become a top 2 centerman, but in the end I don't think he will. You're looking at a tweener who could be play top 6 minutes on a weak team but more likely top 9. A useful role player who could play in all situations.
Sound like another Danish hockey player in Ottawa, except he can't stay healthy.

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
Montreal should get O'Reilly in an Eller package so they can trade him to Toronto and fleece them.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Honestly, unless it's a trade where you would immediately call for your own team's GM to be fired, he absolutely should not be traded. Otherwise, I'd be calling for my own Gm's head.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:39 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Honestly, unless it's a trade where you would immediately call for your own team's GM to be fired, he absolutely should not be traded. Otherwise, I'd be calling for my own Gm's head.
Why though, he is obviously the 4th center in the line up, sure its nice to have depth but he isnt being used. Why not get an asset you couls use now or in future.

And why trade Desharnais to make a spot for Eller?

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Eller tricks you with his size, skating and shot. He looks like the total package but he can't put it all together to take his game to the next level. You'll get flashes from him which make you think he can become a top 2 centerman, but in the end I don't think he will. You're looking at a tweener who could be play top 6 minutes on a weak team but more likely top 9. A useful role player who could play in all situations.
He's rarely been given the opportunity save for his time with Kostitsyn on the third line (which had to be broken up due to injuries in our top 6). When he has, he's delivered. The Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn line was both producing offensively and shutting down other teams' top lines defensively. He was also second on the Habs last year in P/60 on the PP, and yet was never received much PPTOI. In addition, he's excellent defensively and plays a key role on the PK as well as being strong on the puck, strong on the cycle, wins 1-on-1 battles regularly, has very good hands and decent vision and passing abilities. His only real deficiencies are his faceoff ability, his release and his lack of elite offensive talent in any area.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
Why though, he is obviously the 4th center in the line up, sure its nice to have depth but he isnt being used. Why not get an asset you couls use now or in future.

Because Eller's more effective. He doesn't need to be spoon fed offensive zone starts, easy matchups and our two best wingers beside him. Give thoseopportunities to Galchenyuk.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:52 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post

Desharnais has been a disappointment this season. If he's not producing offense he's useless.

Eller has been playing very effectively but hasn't received the ice time or the linemates to really produce points.

It makes absolutely no sense why Therrien is playing DD 18 mins per game and Eller 11 mins per game.

I'd trade DD over Eller any day.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:52 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
It's not like Montreal is some juggernaut. If he deserved the minutes, he'd get them.
He's too tall to play in the top 6 in Montreal.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:53 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Armstrong is terrible isn't he? He was the Leafs worst player last year.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Rey

Send him to Vancouver so he can play with his country men. Jensen - Eller - Hansen line.

We'll give you David Booth or Mason Raymond.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote