HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams Interested in Lars Eller

Old
02-14-2013, 10:16 PM
FanHabtic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Send him to Vancouver so he can play with his country men. Jensen - Eller - Hansen line.

We'll give you David Booth or Mason Raymond.
No team in the league wants Booth. No desire to trade Eller especially if the return is Mason Raymond. lol

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:29 PM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

would rather keep Raymond, he's a better player and because his value is too low for what he brings just basing it off the fans (some people are blind to this)

And I value Eller a lot, definitely thought it was a good return for Halak

Eller would cost too much for the Canucks. We need players at there potential now, not in the future and that's Eller's value.

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliney89 View Post
Eller probably is the one who SHOULD stay, but let's face it..

Desharnais has a french name, and that's what's truly important.
Desharnais really doesn't have a future on the team. I would like to believe you are wrong and give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt but the whole language nonsense will find a way back into the equation.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:36 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Eller, Tinordi and 2nd for O'Reiily.
Big no from the habs. In 2-3 years there will be little difference between Eller and O'Reilly.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:37 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Chicago would probably be interested. Bergy knows the prospect pool. Pirri and a 2nd for Eller?
Nobody wants Pirri.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Big no from the habs. In 2-3 years there will be little difference between Eller and O'Reilly.
Not sure that's true, but Montreal isn't going to pay O'Reilly what he wants any more than Colorado will so it isn't worth a trade.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I really like Eller. He reminds me of a bigger, stronger and younger Tomas Plekanec. Bergevin sat him a couple of games because he wanted to see him bring a bit more intensity. Eller understood and he's bringing it. Desharnais is feeling the heat. I had predicted a breakthrough season for Eller this year and he might just have it under Therrien.

But with Plekanec and Galchenyuk ahead of him, and the fact that Desharnais is a local product and Bergevin promised to try to bring more (not less) into the fold, Eller could very well be the odd man out. That's unfortunate as I'd rather have him than Desharnais personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Eller, Tinordi and 2nd for O'Reiily.
As much as I'd like O'Reilly, I prefer the package you're suggesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Chicago would probably be interested. Bergy knows the prospect pool. Pirri and a 2nd for Eller?
Think Danault or McNeill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
I think a trade with the blue jackets would work for Derick Brassard. Mtl love their French Canadians and blue jackets GM drafted Eller. I don't know who would have to add or if its fair value just seems like a good change of scenario for both players.
You could very well be onto something there.

Quote:
Send him to Vancouver so he can play with his country men. Jensen - Eller - Hansen line.

Thanks but... no thanks!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
glasgow26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
Sharks should make a pitch for him.
On the current active roster, the Sharks have Thornton, Couture, Handzus and Gomez down the middle. That's pretty stacked. On top of that, Marleau, Pavelski, Sheppard, Desjardins and Wingels are all natural centers. Burish and Galiardi have experience playing center, too. So literally every forward on the team can play center except Clowe and Havlat. Why would SJ make a pitch for Eller?

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Desharnais really doesn't have a future on the team. I would like to believe you are wrong and give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt but the whole language nonsense will find a way back into the equation.
«Notre mandat est de faire évoluer l’équipe dans la bonne direction en espérant avoir avec nous le plus de Québécois possible», affirme avec force le directeur général du Canadien, Marc Bergevin, dans une entrevue que publie le dernier numéro du magazine du Tricolore.

Source...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:43 PM
glenbuis

Quote:

Would you seriously give us all that

Old
02-14-2013, 10:46 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
On the current active roster, the Sharks have Thornton, Couture, Handzus and Gomez down the middle. That's pretty stacked. On top of that, Marleau, Pavelski, Sheppard, Desjardins and Wingels are all natural centers. Burish and Galiardi have experience playing center, too. So literally every forward on the team can play center except Clowe and Havlat. Why would SJ make a pitch for Eller?
Yeah I don't know . Especially since your stacked with Gomez there.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Hugo Sham

stop trying to **** the habs with your crappy offers. There's a reason GM's of other teams want Lars - he's got a lot of potential. Could easily become a 20/25G-25A two-way center if given the chance....Eller is stuck behind Desharnais because of the midgets previous chemistry with pacioretty and cole.

Eller has shown progression his last two years and as of now, played his way out of Therrien's doghouse.

Unless Bergevin gets an offer he can't refuse, i see eller and desharnais battling for 3rd line center this year -with the loser getting dealt....

IF eller would be available, habs would be looking for 1 of 3 things:

-a tough young, blue-liner with size who can hit and fight
-a tough young winger with size who can score
-a center like eller with size, who can also play a two-way game - maybe with a bit more offensive upside.

obviously in any of these three scenarios, habs would and could add to Eller.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:56 AM
crt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post

You do realize that ROR is actually younger than Eller, right?

crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:25 AM
sparxx87

I think Anaheim could be a fit for the right price. He could be the 2nd line centre they've been looking for.. They've tried natural wingers there almost all season from what I've seen.. Not to mention he might find some offensive consistency with Bobby Ryan..

Still think he's got good upside in the right situation and he'll likely get that opportunity in Anaheim.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
«Notre mandat est de faire évoluer l’équipe dans la bonne direction en espérant avoir avec nous le plus de Québécois possible», affirme avec force le directeur général du Canadien, Marc Bergevin, dans une entrevue que publie le dernier numéro du magazine du Tricolore.

Source...
What do you expect Bergevin to say after one of the job requirements was he could speak French and what Cunneyworth went through last season.

The only Quebecois he drafted was Hudon in the 5th round, enough said.

I'm sure we'll have more local players 5 years from now but they will be players that make sense and fit in with Bergevin's style, something I don't see DD doing well at.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Desharnais has been a disappointment this season. If he's not producing offense he's useless.

Eller has been playing very effectively but hasn't received the ice time or the linemates to really produce points.

It makes absolutely no sense why Therrien is playing DD 18 mins per game and Eller 11 mins per game.

I'd trade DD over Eller any day.
People are so quick to throw DD under the bus because Eller is their "ideal big, skilled center". They were singing the same riduclous song last year and then DD started producing while Eller didn't they shut their trap.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:27 AM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

i'm not the biggest fan of Eller - but i still think he has solid potential to become a good two-way 2nd line center.

he's just so damn inconsistent.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:46 AM
biturbo19

As enticing as the idea of a Danish Elite line is for the Canucks, with Eller filling in between Hansen and Jensen...

The most i'd be willing to offer would be something like...

Brendan Gaunce - the big center prospect who could eventually take over as the #3C for the Habs.

and Yann Sauve as added value...a big, mobile, occasionally physical blueliner prospect with francophone tendencies.

And i know there are a lot of Canucks fans who wouldn't even be willing to move Gaunce. And Gillis very well may feel the same, with the premium on size and toughness of late.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:00 AM
PricePkPatch

All right, let's get over some of the main points discussed:

1- Why would Montreal get rid of Eller?

That's not the case that has been rumored. What we heard is that clubs are interested in Eller more than Bergevin is trying to move the Danish. Therefore, we should look at the situation as a Seller's Market.

2- Eller has played better than Desharnais so far.

That is debatable. Sheltered minutes passed to Galchenyuk this year, and Desharnais struggled a but in the first games. But he is already showing signs of resurgence. DD keep improving his game when faced with adversity.

Plus, remember, the rumor is not "Bergevin wants to sell a centre", it's "Teams are interested in Eller". I hardly see how people consider selling DD when he hasn't been the subject of interest around the league.

And you can make this argument without getting into any national debate regarding origin or language, so let's stop that specific line of discussion, shall we?

3- There is no reason to move Eller.

That is technically right, except for the eternal obvious reason: you get an overpayment in return.

Maybe another team is desperate for a big defensive 3rd line centre with solid 2nd line potential? Bergevin would be a fool to lend a deaf ear to offers. An overpayment is always a good thing, especially on a position the Habs are currently pretty deep.

So, once all of this is said, who need a solid developing defensive centre, and what are you willing to pay for it? I'd be happy if we could scrounge a solid RW or 2nd pairing D.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:02 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
As enticing as the idea of a Danish Elite line is for the Canucks, with Eller filling in between Hansen and Jensen...

The most i'd be willing to offer would be something like...

Brendan Gaunce - the big center prospect who could eventually take over as the #3C for the Habs.

and Yann Sauve as added value...a big, mobile, occasionally physical blueliner prospect with francophone tendencies.

And i know there are a lot of Canucks fans who wouldn't even be willing to move Gaunce. And Gillis very well may feel the same, with the premium on size and toughness of late.

Something I would not understand is if Eller projects to be 2nd line C, what would be the point of dealing him for a potential 2C that is much further away in Gaunce?

If MTL moves Eller, I think it would be another similar "young player" that they would need a bit more/covet more. Not a "reset". As much as I think Eller would fit in VAN, I'm not sure what VAN could give up to get him, if anything. Only way is if MTL is dumping him, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:13 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Something I would not understand is if Eller projects to be 2nd line C, what would be the point of dealing him for a potential 2C that is much further away in Gaunce?

If MTL moves Eller, I think it would be another similar "young player" that they would need a bit more/covet more. Not a "reset". As much as I think Eller would fit in VAN, I'm not sure what VAN could give up to get him, if anything. Only way is if MTL is dumping him, which doesn't seem to be the case.
Agreed. I don't really see MTL as 'shopping' Eller by any means.

Just throwing it out there that Gaunce + Sauve is the most i'd really offer from the Canucks.

And the upside with that for the Canadiens, is that they do get something of a 'reset'.

Gaunce realistically projects as a better fit as a #3C behind Galchenyuk and Plekanec than Eller does at this point...and has the benefit of age/development ahead of him. Additionally, Gaunce is likely to end up a more physical player than Eller ever will be.

They'd also get a guy in Sauve who could eventually fill in for a guy like Francis Bouillon who is 37 years old. And Sauve is MUCH bigger, while still being quite mobile. He's quite blocked in terms of progression to the NHL in Vancouver at this point...but with the Candiens...maybe he gets a shot sooner and contributes.

I wouldn't blame the Canadiens for not taking a deal like that. But that's as far as i'd go in terms of offers as a Canucks fan.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:26 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

I would think that Columbus would make a offer for Eller, who was a 1st round pick by St. Louis in 2007 when Jarmo Kekäläinen was the director of scouting back then.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Brassard for Eller would make sense

Would like to add him to the Hawks roster to give the team more C depth

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Agreed. I don't really see MTL as 'shopping' Eller by any means.

Just throwing it out there that Gaunce + Sauve is the most i'd really offer from the Canucks.

And the upside with that for the Canadiens, is that they do get something of a 'reset'.

Gaunce realistically projects as a better fit as a #3C behind Galchenyuk and Plekanec than Eller does at this point...and has the benefit of age/development ahead of him. Additionally, Gaunce is likely to end up a more physical player than Eller ever will be.

They'd also get a guy in Sauve who could eventually fill in for a guy like Francis Bouillon who is 37 years old. And Sauve is MUCH bigger, while still being quite mobile. He's quite blocked in terms of progression to the NHL in Vancouver at this point...but with the Candiens...maybe he gets a shot sooner and contributes.

I wouldn't blame the Canadiens for not taking a deal like that. But that's as far as i'd go in terms of offers as a Canucks fan.

I'm still unsure how Gaunce projects as a better fit at 3C than Eller does? Gaunce is bigger, more physical and has more development, but Eller is a 3C right now. Are they just doing the trade to change the type of player?

As a VAN fan, I wouldn't do it either, but for differing reasons. Gaunce provides contribution on an ELC to a team desparate for this type of contract. Eller only gives VAN one year of medium benefit at 1.35m. After that, he likely gets a raise. Given that Schroeder is here now, and a future benefit is there in Gaunce, I would much rather VAN keep that type of contract in house.

Right now, Eller is on the precipice to deciding what type of player he is/will become. Does his career follow the way of a Taylor Pyatt, or does he take that next step. Likely, the teams interested in him think that he can take that next step. As the OP cites. So they would be willing to pay more than the more conservative teams thinking he will settle in as a 3rd line option.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:59 AM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Brassard for Eller would make sense

Would like to add him to the Hawks roster to give the team more C depth
I think we might have a winner.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote