HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders @ Rangers 2/14/13 - "The Lincoln Tunnel"

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Brad Xanax 7 6.67%
Rick Nash 23 21.90%
Carl Hagelin 85 80.95%
Ryan Callahan 14 13.33%
Arron Asham 1 0.95%
Darroll Powe 1 0.95%
Jeff Halpern 4 3.81%
Marian Gaborik 19 18.10%
Taylor Pyatt 0 0%
Derek Stepan 7 6.67%
Brian "Free him now" Boyle 27 25.71%
Anton Stralman 1 0.95%
Martin Biron 8 7.62%
The Lincoln Tunnel 14 13.33%
Henrik Lundqvist, sexy as always 37 35.24%
Dan Girardi 7 6.67%
Ryan McDonagh 5 4.76%
Matt Gilroy 3 2.86%
Michael Del Zotto 3 2.86%
Marc Staal 0 0%
JT Miller 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-15-2013, 12:42 AM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessthismess513 View Post
marty was so distraught he went downstairs to penn station still in his gear. He proceeded to jump on the tracks of the no. 2 train. The train went right through his legs. Thank god he is safe.
I still think he played one of his better games though.
hooooooly sh** that was funny!!!

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Bardof425*

If it ain't broke...thanks Torts. And Biron is a sieve

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Can't win em all, still got 7 points in 4 games, and players have severely stepped up their game. No need to pop a vein people.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:50 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
HUGE momentum swings are pretty standard for these games. You say disappointing. I say I wouldn't expect any different.
The closest thing I can think of was the St. Louis-Detroit game the other day, but I can't remember a game like this, with this many swings. That game had 1 swing. This one had about 4 (even the friggin 5 minute OT was like that). I was watching an old game recently (G-d knows why they showed it on MSG) and the Isles won 7-3 or 7-4. The Rangers were playing really well early. However, this was swing after swing. Also we led this game 2-0 that game was tied. Also, that game was in the Rangers favor for like 5 minutes, not 15, big difference. I have to give the team credit for taking control of the game in the 3rd though. That second though as bad as we've played in years.

Last edited by SnowblindNYR: 02-15-2013 at 12:58 AM.
SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The closest thing I can think of was the St. Louis-Detroit game the other game, but I can't remember a game like this, with this many swings. That game had 1 swing. This one had about 4 (even the friggin 5 minute OT was like that). I was watching an old game recently (G-d knows why they showed it on MSG) and the Isles won 7-3 or 7-4. The Rangers were playing really well early. However, this was swing after swing. Also we led this game 2-0 that game was tied. Also, that game was in the Rangers favor for like 5 minutes, not 15, big difference. I have to give the team credit for taking control of the game in the 3rd though. That second though as bad as we've played in years.
Holy hell. Your adjective use is horrible.

There have been plenty of Rangers/Isles games like this. There have been plenty with more frequent swings at times and less. Each game is it's own particular level of chaos, which is why the only thing that should be surprising (and potentially disappointing or good) is when there is none like we saw last week.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Machinehead
TG15:WoodlandCritter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Staal View Post
Can't win em all, still got 7 points in 4 games, and players have severely stepped up their game. No need to pop a vein people.
Can't win 'em all?

Up by 2 after 1 against a joke team? You really should win all of those.

Until the Rangers franchise gets it through their skulls that they're nothing special and they actually have to show up at the rink to succeed, they'll continue to be the toilet of pretty much the whole league.

I hate losses like these because thinking we only had to show up for 10 minutes against the Islanders reflects the pompous, self-promoting attitude of the franchise about "tradition" that I can't ****ing stand to begin with.

02-15-2013, 01:02 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Holy hell. Your adjective use is horrible.

There have been plenty of Rangers/Isles games like this. There have been plenty with more frequent swings at times and less. Each game is it's own particular level of chaos, which is why the only thing that should be surprising (and potentially disappointing or good) is when there is none like we saw last week.
I quickly through that post. I made some typos. However, I think I used 2 adjectives in the whole post. What adjective do you object to, "old" in "old game" or "bad" as in "bad period"? Would you prefer poor period? I think both are grammatically correct. Or are you disagreeing? If so with what, was it a new game or a good period? Seriously, I might have missed another adjective or 2, please enlighten me.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:55 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:57 AM
GusTheo

Isles fan coming in peace here.

Just wanted to say, both teams get payed to play you know? Like I saw a lot of Islanders fan *****ing and moaning about how they started the game, but at the end of the day, the Rangers just came out and outplayed them, nothing more nothing less.

In the 2nd period, the Isles (losers of 5 straight) came out desperate, and deservedly so. They were a desperate team who was feeling the pressure and they responded.

I agree with Tawnos about the not being able to take much from these games. They're usually back and fourth type games. Not for nothing, these are the types of games that the Rangers usually win because Hank stands on his head per usual. The fact that the Rangers got a point in a game that the backup started should be gravy really. Obviously it sucks to blow a 2 goal lead, but it is what it is.

GusTheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:04 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

"That powerplay sucked the life out of the team and the building"

POTG: Hagelin
Good: Nash&Gaborik&Boyle
Bad: The non 5 minutes call on Hagelin when he destroyed Tavares, haven't seen a hit like that since Avery almost killed Jagr...
Redden: Richards, Was he trying to win some kind of Giveaway-award?

HM: Gilroy

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:17 AM
bumrusherer

Like everyone, just really impressed with Hagelin. That quickness in changing direction to go with his direct style makes him pretty tough to deal with if you are a D-Man...I would have thought.

Tough game to lose but the game seemed quite even for the most part. You'd like to pull away from them but you have to give credit to how they played from the 2nd period on.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Thunderhead

Haggs
Nash
Biron ( regulation time only )

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:33 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusTheo View Post
Isles fan coming in peace here.

Just wanted to say, both teams get payed to play you know? Like I saw a lot of Islanders fan *****ing and moaning about how they started the game, but at the end of the day, the Rangers just came out and outplayed them, nothing more nothing less.

In the 2nd period, the Isles (losers of 5 straight) came out desperate, and deservedly so. They were a desperate team who was feeling the pressure and they responded.

I agree with Tawnos about the not being able to take much from these games. They're usually back and fourth type games. Not for nothing, these are the types of games that the Rangers usually win because Hank stands on his head per usual. The fact that the Rangers got a point in a game that the backup started should be gravy really. Obviously it sucks to blow a 2 goal lead, but it is what it is.
I really hope you're not going to loose the next 5. Good luck.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:17 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
Like everyone, just really impressed with Hagelin. That quickness in changing direction to go with his direct style makes him pretty tough to deal with if you are a D-Man...I would have thought.

Tough game to lose but the game seemed quite even for the most part. You'd like to pull away from them but you have to give credit to how they played from the 2nd period on.
It was even if the same 1 99 1 99 1 99 is the same as 50 50 50 50 50 50. On average it was even, but the entire game was made of spurts when one team dominated the other. I can't think of a 2 minute stretch when the game was even.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Biron has those moments when he can't stop the puck. The Rangers got a point. Could have had two. Could have had none. The Rangers have 6 games remaining this month. Home for Caps and MTL. Away at Ottawa and MTL. Home for Winnipeg and TB. Biron will get a start in there. At MTL. Lundqvist really struggles in that building. 12 points on the table. Get 10 of them. Biron looked overmatched in the shootout.

Richards needs a B12 injection. The Rangers are off today. Richy needs to get his energy back. Gaborik doesn't look comfortable on the left side. They need to get Kreider back in the lineup. Miller's SPC kicks in with his 6th game played. He did not play much last night. The Whale have 3 games this weekend. Let him play some good minutes and bring him back up. Kreider and Miller bring more speed than the Rangers showed last night when Kreider was scratched and Miller played less than 10 minutes. Miller played center at the USNDT in Ann Arbor. The Rangers like him in the middle. Miller played mostly the wing growing up but he did play in the middle. Miller is a better fit in the middle for the Rangers.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:24 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
What an ugly, disappointing result for us. Throwing away points is going to bite us in the ass during this truncated season. Guys need to step it the **** up and stop taking half-periods off.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Hank plays we win 3-1, there is no shootout, you could drive a dump truck thru his 5 hole...ugly

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Biron has those moments when he can't stop the puck. .
2 wrist shots no screen, and forget about the shootout

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
2 wrist shots no screen, and forget about the shootout
Don't ya know? Everyone in the league has a quick release according to Micheletti

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:52 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Paging Brad Richards, paging Brad Richards.

Man, he had a ton of giveaways last night. I don't blame Torts for benching him at all. He was terrible.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Hank plays we win 3-1, there is no shootout, you could drive a dump truck thru his 5 hole...ugly
You know hank. Can't catch a puck with his glove hand right ? Did u happen to see the glove saves Marty made in this game ? Shoot out yea he sucked but u did notice we didn't score in the s/o either right ?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:40 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
You know hank. Can't catch a puck with his glove hand right?
That simply isn't true anymore since like 2010...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Hm. Very disappointing 2nd period.

The first 10 Minutes was lots of fun to watch - especially the 9 - 0 shots in that time

Hagelin was great to see out there - as in the last two games, too.
I really wanted to throw away my LCD after that 3rd goal from NYI was made.

*** Hagelin
** Gaborik
* Lundqvist (for sure!)

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:02 AM
duffy9748

What are your guys thoughts on Richards? Coming from a Flyers fan, I was never really a big fan of his and although he was a need for you guys at the time, I didn't think he was worth that contract. He certainly isn't washed up by any means but I think he is done trending up. I believe he still has the ability to be a great 2nd line center or bottom tier 1st line center in this league because he will be playing with 1 or 2 star wingers. Were you satisfied with his play last year and what do you see from him in the future?

*Not trying to bash the Rangers, I am a big fan of several of your players

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:04 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
What are your guys thoughts on Richards? Coming from a Flyers fan, I was never really a big fan of his and although he was a need for you guys at the time, I didn't think he was worth that contract. He certainly isn't washed up by any means but I think he is done trending up. I believe he still has the ability to be a great 2nd line center or bottom tier 1st line center in this league because he will be playing with 1 or 2 star wingers. Were you satisfied with his play last year and what do you see from him in the future?

*Not trying to bash the Rangers, I am a big fan of several of your players
I was satisfied (nothing more nothing less) last year and so far this year one has to be disappointed. He has until the summer of 2014. If his play doesn't improve quite a bit again until then, I'd guess he will be bought out as his contract is indeed horrible for the later years.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote