HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Jarome Iginla

Old
02-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Iginla has huge trade value. He won't get a poor return.

Consider this trade:

Loktionov, Ellerby and Tangradi for two 5ths and a 7th. Pick up some old THN Future Watch editions. All 3 of these guys were top prospects for their teams at one point.

Everyone overrates their prospects.

Boston or Pittsburgh look like likely destinations if a trade happens.

A trade like Despres, Bennett and 2013 1st is not an overpayment. It's the going rate for a player of Iggy's stature who can still play at a high level.

Add in that Feaster will tell any other GM that the magnitude of trading a franchise player absolutely plays into the dynamics of any deal.

As long as teams are not asked for franchise players i.e Iginla for Seguin, then you will see someone move good prospects for Iggy.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:38 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
A trade like Despres, Bennett and 2013 1st is not an overpayment. It's the going rate for a player of Iggy's stature who can still play at a high level.
That's the big question, can he still play at a high level?

He'll have to pick it up considerably before he gets a huge return as a rental player.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
I love Iginla! Did you see the welts on that losers face? Love our captain!

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Cammys back!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS GAME!

Old
02-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Ughhh... That was a soft/weak goal.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

I hope we don't see MacDonald tonight :s

Old
02-13-2013, 10:02 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I hope we don't see MacDonald tonight :s
Dude this isn't the game day thread

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Dude this isn't the game day thread
OOOOPPPPSS!

Old
02-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Volica

Dregs with the insider report on Iggy.
First year he's willing to waive and may have a list of about 10 teams. Holy smokes.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Flamester

iggy will get it going here in the next game or two just watch. has an excellent game today against dallas. i just dont understand why people put so many expectations on the guy, he just came from a lockout, he hadnt played since april of last year. its not easy for a guy to come out flying especially when your 35. cut the guy some slack, he be back to the same old iggy very soon here.

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
First year he's willing to waive and may have a list of about 10 teams. Holy smokes.
I was pretty shocked to hear specifics like that... You gotta think Pittsburgh would be number 1 on his list....

I'd assume Pittsburgh, Boston, NRY, Philly, NJ, STL, LA, Detroit, Chicago, Anaheim?

Old
02-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I was pretty shocked to hear specifics like that... You gotta think Pittsburgh would be number 1 on his list....

I'd assume Pittsburgh, Boston, NRY, Philly, NJ, STL, LA, Detroit, Chicago, Anaheim?
Why would Pittsburgh be number one? I think people overrate that Crosby/Iggy gold.

I really think Boston or LA would be on the top with the '04 connections, Ference or Sutter.

I think HF will be in shock if he does get dealt, Iggy has had a poor couple of games so far but he's still racked up a decent amount of points, teams will be banging down the door if he is available.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:25 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Why would Pittsburgh be number one? I think people overrate that Crosby/Iggy gold.

I really think Boston or LA would be on the top with the '04 connections, Ference or Sutter.

I think HF will be in shock if he does get dealt, Iggy has had a poor couple of games so far but he's still racked up a decent amount of points, teams will be banging down the door if he is available.
I think people would be shocked at the return Iggy yields IF he's actually traded. A captain who drops them, scores, has crisp passes and is strong on the puck is the kind of player you need on a cup winning team. He would create a bidding war.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:29 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Will be very interesting come TD if the Flames are not in a playoff spot. I'd assume it would become a domino affect if Iggy does ask for a trade.

The only way he waives is if he asks for a trade.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:52 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Well I don't think there is any way he is moved yet. We are still very much in the playoff hunt. We likely won't know until close to the deadline.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I wonder if the trade deadline is really a big of factor as we may think. I would say the way this team is built, when healthy it is a borderline playoff team without Iginla.

Cammy Tangs Glencross
Cervenka Stajan Hudler
Baertschi Backlund Stempniak

That's still 3 pretty balanced scoring lines especially if Sven can somewhat get it going. If Iggy has given the green light to Feaster to talk to teams, a GM may not mess around and make a solid offer now to ensure they capture the division. Traditionally though, the deadline drives up the demand with multiple teams bidding so that's why we see so many teams overpay.

I've never been absolute for the Flames to trade Iggy. But this is the first season that I can honestly say we are not dependent on him scoring for us to win games. If the right offer comes along to set us up and move him to a contender, I think we do it no matter what as Iggy may not be back next year anyways.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:27 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I wonder if the trade deadline is really a big of factor as we may think. I would say the way this team is built, when healthy it is a borderline playoff team without Iginla.

Cammy Tangs Glencross
Cervenka Stajan Hudler

That's still 3 pretty balanced scoring lines especially if Sven can somewhat get it going. If Iggy has given the green light to Feaster to talk to teams, a GM may not mess around and make a solid offer now to ensure they capture the division. Traditionally though, the deadline drives up the demand with multiple teams bidding so that's why we see so many teams overpay.

I've never been absolute for the Flames to trade Iggy. But this is the first season that I can honestly say we are not dependent on him scoring for us to win games. If the right offer comes along to set us up and move him to a contender, I think we do it no matter what as Iggy may not be back next year anyways.
If a team got real desperate lets say Pitts for example and they offered 1st + Bennett + Maatta for Iginla +Nemisz + Smith, I would do it in a second

Old
02-14-2013, 11:32 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post

Cammy Tangs Glencross
Cervenka Stajan Hudler

I would wonder what Iggy would bring to our club if we made the playoffs. After all of these years, all those critics and rumors, you know he'd be hungry to win.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:02 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Devils will give you anyone that isnt top 6, named Larsson, or has over 600 billion wins for him, who do you take?

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:04 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
Devils will give you anyone that isnt top 6, named Larsson, or has over 600 billion wins for him, who do you take?
Merrill + 1st

Old
02-15-2013, 12:20 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Merrill + 1st
This.

Josefson, Severson, 1st would work as well. In fact I personally prefer this one as I am a huge fan of Severson.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:00 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Honestly, the only team I want Iggy on is the Pens. Malkin, Neal and Crosby are killing it this year, add Iggy and holy ****.. I want him to go where his absolute best chance at a cup is. Period..

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:41 AM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Honestly, the only team I want Iggy on is the Pens. Malkin, Neal and Crosby are killing it this year, add Iggy and holy ****.. I want him to go where his absolute best chance at a cup is. Period..
Yup. The Pens need that right winger. They have the assets to trade. And they are still cup contenders as fad as I am concerned. Right now it is the only team that would make sense to have Iggy go to in order to win that cup.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:22 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

If Iggy goes to the Pens I'm asking for Morrow, 1st and a conditional 2nd when he resigns. That IMO is a good deal.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:35 AM
Adirondack Flames

It will make me sick if Iginla ever plays for a classless organization like Pittsburgh, nothing can be worse for hockey than that organization winning another cup.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote