HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

press conference in 45 minutes / Karlsson season over

Old
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Micklebot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Tanking is for loser teams like the Oilers, or teams that have no other choice like the Islanders.

We're better than that.
Not sure that we will be able to stop ourselves from tanking missing Karlsson, Spezza, and Cowen. I agree it should not be an endorsed strategy though.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Would've been classy move if Mario now traded his first round pick for Gonch.
Never gonna happen though.
Mario isn't a very classy guy.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
vdB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Don't make any moves. Give these kids some NHL experience, work on their game. If we get a high pick out of it, good, if not, it means the kids are alright. With Spezz and Karlsson back in next year, we'll be that much better. I would move Bishop for sure for another quality AHL'er at either D or F, get Lehner in some games and watch it unfold. Take the offseason to assess what we need and make the necessary moves. Stock up on picks at the deadline if the opportunity presents itself. We'll be fine in the long run folks, we knew some teams would have injury woes, we just happen to be one of them, but we still have a good team moving forward
100% agreed, minus the Bishop part.

vdB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
If it's moving Anderson or Lehner the answer is Lehner every time. Anderson is proven and playing better than 95% of the goalies in the league ever have, and he's proving himself to be a consistent elite level goalie.

At the end of the day proven talent >>> potential talent always, especially when the potential is to be as good as the proven talent. I know people are in love with prospects and Swedes but that's just reality. If moving Lehner helps this team then you do it and keep Bishop to back-up. Who knows...Bishop also has a lot of potential and a lot of goalies don't blossom until their late 20s/early 30s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
I hate the idea of letting Andy go, even for a steep return, when all we have to fall back on is unproven potential. Especially when we have been cursed in the goal crease for pretty much our whole time in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdB View Post
100% agreed, minus the Bishop part.
Before people over react, keep in mind trading a goalie at this point makes this team even more thin. If you flip one of Andy, Bish, Lehner and with Lawson concussed, that means Marc Chevrie would be the starter in Binghamton. Any injury in the cage, means you will have Chevrie backing you up...think about that for a moment.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:41 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 1598
70% is certainly better then all the way through. More likely that he will be able to make a full recovery with no impairment. Less scar tissue, quicker recovery and much less likely to tear it in the future.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
zedude

Rangers fan here, just wanted send my regards to the sens community in this mess, simply devastating. Truly sorry to see Karlsson go for the season, I hope he recovers soon.

As a Swede, this reminds me about another similar situation with a legend within European soccer which could bring some hope to the situation. Henrik Larsson is arguably the best player Sweden have ever seen, and the best player in the history of the Scottish league. In his third season with the Celtics this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ry3L1Ou9GM. Apparently the kind of injury that can kill a carreer in an instant. Henrik was back the next season, and finnished with 35 goals in 38 games to claim one of the toughest prizes i sports to win, the European Golden Shoe.

Kid will be back, and he will once again domintate I'm sure.

zedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:22 PM
vdB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Before people over react, keep in mind trading a goalie at this point makes this team even more thin. If you flip one of Andy, Bish, Lehner and with Lawson concussed, that means Marc Chevrie would be the starter in Binghamton. Any injury in the cage, means you will have Chevrie backing you up...think about that for a moment.
Then we'll trade him too!

vdB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Not gonna lie this is really good news for me...

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Well clearly how they fair between now and the trade deadline could potentially influence his decision.

But asset management says trading him right now makes the most sense.
No, no you don't. Remember, there's still next season, and the season after and so on...

Next season, we could very well have a chance to compete but you want us to throw away Andy for scraps and start with Lehner and Bishop? Yeah, that's gonna get us SO far...

Sens Logic Fail...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:56 PM
agent2421

Trading Anderson away would be one of the stupidest moves in sens history IMO, probably as bad as keeping Redden instead of Chara. Lehner can have all the potential in the world, but I don't see him stealing games for us like Anderson has. Anderson has been lights out since we've acquired him and was huge for us last year, and is leading all goalies this year. If Anderson had somewhat of a better defense, think about how good he would be.

The best thing is to keep Anderson because he could be very useful in the future if and when we make the playoffs next year. This year, I doubt we will make playoffs but I hope it's all or nothing. Either make the playoffs or be a bottom 3 team, landing in a 9th or 10th spot would be awful.

agent2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:04 AM
starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent2421 View Post
Trading Anderson away would be one of the stupidest moves in sens history IMO, probably as bad as keeping Redden instead of Chara. Lehner can have all the potential in the world, but I don't see him stealing games for us like Anderson has. Anderson has been lights out since we've acquired him and was huge for us last year, and is leading all goalies this year. If Anderson had somewhat of a better defense, think about how good he would be.

The best thing is to keep Anderson because he could be very useful in the future if and when we make the playoffs next year. This year, I doubt we will make playoffs but I hope it's all or nothing. Either make the playoffs or be a bottom 3 team, landing in a 9th or 10th spot would be awful.
Actually I do. Lehner is the one who broke the Tim Thomas curse with a shutout 1 year ago.

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:41 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Actually I do. Lehner is the one who broke the Tim Thomas curse with a shutout 1 year ago.
OMG ONE GAME, QUICK GUYS, HE'S THE NEXT BRODEUR.

no.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:47 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
OMG ONE GAME, QUICK GUYS, HE'S THE NEXT BRODEUR.

no.
But its not just one game. Its the Calder Cup run, its this year in Bingo, its his limited NHL experience. Quite honestly, its pretty silly to think he won't be a very good NHL goalie once you've seen him. He's a very skilled goalie.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:00 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
HE'S THE NEXT BRODEUR.
Mike?

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Not sure that we will be able to stop ourselves from tanking missing Karlsson, Spezza, and Cowen. I agree it should not be an endorsed strategy though.
It's hard to believe in playoffs at this point

Spezza and Karlsson are difference makers, guys that can win games by themselves. Cowen is a building block, he will be a cornerstone of the defense

But it's not only that, but the other injuries to guys like Michalek, Gonchar, Lundin, Regin, Latendresse and some of our AHL best players/prospects (Hoffman, Stone, Petersson)

Our Elite talent has been hurt a lot but our depht too...

I ain't even mad this season too. Even if we lose, that's understandable and a high pick will be a consolation prize (but it still sucks no matter how you spin it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
But its not just one game. Its the Calder Cup run, its this year in Bingo, its his limited NHL experience. Quite honestly, its pretty silly to think he won't be a very good NHL goalie once you've seen him. He's a very skilled goalie.
Agreed, Lehner has the potential to be a franchise goalie and everyday he gets closer to that.

Murray said he won't be trading Anderson but if the Ducks (won't happen as they have Hiller and Fasth) offer Bobby Ryan, I don't think Murray will say no.

He basically said to other GMs that if you want Craig Anderson, be ready to pay. By saying this, he's fixing a heavy price. Worse case scenario : we're stucked with Andy! Oh no!

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:44 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Good point. My guess is that Bishop is traded either at the trade deadline or at the draft which would probably suit Bingo fans. However, he could also trade him at the deadline & pick up an Ault type backup for a 7th rd pick & keep Lehner in Bingo for the cup run.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote