HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade for O'Reilly or Fire Ruff

View Poll Results: You have Quantum Leaped into Darcy Regier's body, what do you do?
Fire Lindy Ruff 37 51.39%
Trade for Ryan O'Reilly 35 48.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-15-2013, 01:14 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quite limited in terms of options there if I've morphed into Darthcy Regier.

If that's my mindset, I know why Bucky's article all of a sudden has more legitimacy.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:51 AM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

I would fire Ruff, don't want to take the chance of O'rielly saving Lindy's job.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:45 AM
LGBuffalo

I voted to trade for RoR. Personally, I don't think the trade would save Lindy's job. RoR is an excellent player, and seemingly exactly what the team needs. However, Lindy's "system" seems to be the problem, so while this move makes the roster stronger presumably, his system would still achieve negative results, thus ending in his being fired.

LGBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:12 AM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Lets just change another player! That will fix everything!

We've changed owners, players, assistants, large amounts of the arena (even the name), and a massive amount of staff. Yet the on ice product has been the same for about 4/5 seasons.

But this one player will save us all!

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:15 AM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
Both?

I choose firing Ruff making this choice. I think too many players on the Sabres are playing below capability. Firing Ruff makes more of an impact through the whole roster than trading for O'Reilly.
I'd rather get O'Reilly and have them tank enough under ruff that he hopefully gets fired at the end of the year. So then going into next year we'd have a high draft pick, ROR, and a new coach

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Lindy Puff

Fire ruff

I would personally love both of them to happen but until something happens ill be chanting fire ruff and making signes to fire ruff every time i attend a game.
RUFF HAS TO GO AT LEAST BY THE DRAFT!

Lindy Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy Puff View Post
I would personally love both of them to happen but until something happens ill be chanting fire ruff and making signes to fire ruff every time i attend a game.
RUFF HAS TO GO AT LEAST BY THE DRAFT!
If you start bringing signs, you'll catch some heat by a few Lindy supporters. But stay strong, and I think eventually, you'll get a few supporters. Then a section of supporters. Then sections of supporters with similar signs. Last Sunday a guy in my section yelled 5-6 times "I want a new coach"! And I yelled back "so do I"!

So it's juuuuuust starting to permeate to vocal discontent at the arena. Once signs are made, people will realize they are not alone. Make a sign. Hell, make a few signs and pass them out to a few fans that agree with you.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Whammer

While both would be nice and make the fan base and Jack excited...

I voted for the trade. Darth Reiger wont fire Lindy mid-season anyway. So make the trade, see how the season plays out and then fire Lindy if warranted.

Whammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:17 AM
oldgoalie
In rebuild hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
While both would be nice and make the fan base and Jack excited...

I voted for the trade. Darth Reiger wont fire Lindy mid-season anyway. So make the trade, see how the season plays out and then fire Lindy if warranted.
After seeing that, I hate that asswipe even more. What a ******.

oldgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Lindy Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
If you start bringing signs, you'll catch some heat by a few Lindy supporters. But stay strong, and I think eventually, you'll get a few supporters. Then a section of supporters. Then sections of supporters with similar signs. Last Sunday a guy in my section yelled 5-6 times "I want a new coach"! And I yelled back "so do I"!

So it's juuuuuust starting to permeate to vocal discontent at the arena. Once signs are made, people will realize they are not alone. Make a sign. Hell, make a few signs and pass them out to a few fans that agree with you.

Oh, and welcome aboard!
We gotta start somehow his time is long overdue and the lindy supporters must have lost their glasses on the way to the seats because were watching different games then! Even if they don't like my signs its all about the love of the game and the love for the sabres!

With trading for ROR would you consider Sekera Girgensons and Gerbe? I think the avs would like that deal because it gives them depth all at positions something av fans wanted a top 4 D a LW and a C possibly LW if they decide to go down that path and gerbe also can play RW would help them out with his versatility.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:14 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy Puff View Post
We gotta start somehow his time is long overdue and the lindy supporters must have lost their glasses on the way to the seats because were watching different games then! Even if they don't like my signs its all about the love of the game and the love for the sabres!

With trading for ROR would you consider Sekera Girgensons and Gerbe? I think the avs would like that deal because it gives them depth all at positions something av fans wanted a top 4 D a LW and a C possibly LW if they decide to go down that path and gerbe also can play RW would help them out with his versatility.
No!!

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Hasek

For O'Reilly's sake I hope he doest get traded to Buffalo. Lindiot is just going to ruin him by playing him with 4th liners. The kid has a lot of potential. Why anyone would want him to be Ruffed up is beyond me.

Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
omglolnub

Ruff must go

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasek View Post
For O'Reilly's sake I hope he doest get traded to Buffalo. Lindiot is just going to ruin him by playing him with 4th liners. The kid has a lot of potential. Why anyone would want him to be Ruffed up is beyond me.
Did you just coin this?

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Lindy Puff

/=or

ROR for Sekara Pysyk Adam

ROR for Sekara Girgensons

ROR for Stafford Girgensons

ROR for Girgensons 2nd/3rd (sorta makes cense because Girgensons 1st overall pick 2012 + 3rd SAME
SORTA COMP AS A OFFERSHEET WITHOUT GIVING UP ON MACKINNON) i would possibly throw in another 3rd in 2014

ROR for Sekera 2nd 2013 2nd 2014

ROR or Sekera/Stafford 1st 2014

ROR for Ennis Gerbe Adam/Sulzer 3rd

ROR 2nd for Pominville

ROR for Girgensons Pysyk Gerbe

Just throwing random ones out there so sorry in advance if some are not near.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Daz28

I'm for an offer sheet for O'really that would give them a 2nd round pick. I think $2.5 mill would do it. If his course has really been run there as it appears, they won't match to pay a locker room cancer that much, and he will be happy just to be back playing for a team that isn't notoriously cheap.

DO IT!

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:51 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Off Topic: Jack Edwards is alright, and his call on Vanek's hattrick was better than any call RJ made this year. Plus NESN's production kills MSGs.

On Topic: 100% trade. As much as I hate Lindy for being stubborn in how he handles his players, I want ROR in a Sabres uniform.

CriminallyVu1gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post
Off Topic: Jack Edwards is alright, and his call on Vanek's hattrick was better than any call RJ made this year. Plus NESN's production kills MSGs.

On Topic: 100% trade. As much as I hate Lindy for being stubborn in how he handles his players, I want ROR in a Sabres uniform.
OT: Jack is the worst. Period. Can't believe he's being compared to RJ in any manner.

ON T: why wouldn't you just offer sheet him? If they match, they have to keep his unhappy ass for a year. On a crappy club, I suppose it's possible, but doubtful. Do ya think Hejduk will want to play his last season on a line with a guy who hates the organization who was forced to finally pay him what they clearly now feel he's worth?

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote