HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders @ Rangers 2/14/13 - "The Lincoln Tunnel"

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Brad Xanax 7 6.67%
Rick Nash 23 21.90%
Carl Hagelin 85 80.95%
Ryan Callahan 14 13.33%
Arron Asham 1 0.95%
Darroll Powe 1 0.95%
Jeff Halpern 4 3.81%
Marian Gaborik 19 18.10%
Taylor Pyatt 0 0%
Derek Stepan 7 6.67%
Brian "Free him now" Boyle 27 25.71%
Anton Stralman 1 0.95%
Martin Biron 8 7.62%
The Lincoln Tunnel 14 13.33%
Henrik Lundqvist, sexy as always 37 35.24%
Dan Girardi 7 6.67%
Ryan McDonagh 5 4.76%
Matt Gilroy 3 2.86%
Michael Del Zotto 3 2.86%
Marc Staal 0 0%
JT Miller 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-15-2013, 08:07 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Disappointed with last night to be honest.

Going in I was looking for that killer instinct and for roughly the first 3/4 of the first I saw it, the Rangers were flying and really playing well. A couple shifts after Gabby's goal it just disappeared completely.

The beginning of the second was absolutely horrendous, their gap control, neutral zone play, goaltending, everything. Then they ramp it back up again with multiple good shifts in the third. If the Rangers play a consistent 60 minute game its two points in the bank, but they get 3 out of 4.

I think if Henrik is in net we win this game going away. I don't think it even gets to a shootout...

I think when Torts sees the tape hes going to be disappointed too. The Isles were ripe for a 3 or 4 goal deficit and you have to jump on that (5 on 3 POWERPLAY INEPTITUDE).

Richards, wtf man lets go.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:07 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
duffy:

BR started slow, but was a clutch player the 2nd half of the season. I was pretty happy with what he showed us when he got going.

Some are calling for a trade or compliance buyout this summer, but they are a very small minority. So far.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
You know hank. Can't catch a puck with his glove hand right ? Did u happen to see the glove saves Marty made in this game ? Shoot out yea he sucked but u did notice we didn't score in the s/o either right ?
You serious? 2 wrist shots no screen, Hank stops those in his sleep, and at least he tries to move on the 1st shootout shot....ugly

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Fantastic game from Hagelin, Boyle and Nash. Stepan and Callahan looked pretty good. Staal, Girardi and McDonagh looked solid as well. Biron had one of his off nights. It happens. This sort of game is why he isn't a starter in the NHL anymore.

Richards continues to look terrible. I don't know if it's timing, or lack of chemistry, but these drop passes to the other team have got to stop.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Richards, wtf man lets go.
Wake up, and please get him off the PP point

Old
02-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Fantastic game from Hagelin, Boyle and Nash. Stepan and Callahan looked pretty good. Staal, Girardi and McDonagh looked solid as well. Biron had one of his off nights. It happens. This sort of game is why he isn't a starter in the NHL anymore.

Richards continues to look terrible. I don't know if it's timing, or lack of chemistry, but these drop passes to the other team have got to stop.
Richards looked like he had a hangover last night, gave the puck away didn't compete

Old
02-15-2013, 08:23 AM
NYR Viper

I know we are all upset because the team lost in a SO but if Biron can get this team 1 point in all of his starts this year, I would sign up for that right now.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Hank getting the 2nd star

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I quickly through that post. I made some typos. However, I think I used 2 adjectives in the whole post. What adjective do you object to, "old" in "old game" or "bad" as in "bad period"? Would you prefer poor period? I think both are grammatically correct. Or are you disagreeing? If so with what, was it a new game or a good period? Seriously, I might have missed another adjective or 2, please enlighten me.
This and that are adjectives

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:37 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
You serious? 2 wrist shots no screen, Hank stops those in his sleep, and at least he tries to move on the 1st shootout shot....ugly
Dagoon is stuck in 2007. Lundqvist has improved his glove hand and has improved on high shots exponentially since he got into the league.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:38 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
This and that are adjectives
Are they? Anyway, I don't know what THAT has to do with THIS thread.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

This is why the Isles 3rd goal went in. Absolutely no butterfly from Biron. I don't even know what the **** that is

Old
02-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Bardof425*

Aside from Richie here are the guys I think are struggling based on expectations:

DZ - He is generally skating in mud and a little nervous with the puck
Pyatt - After a good start is largely invisible; that's tough for a guy his size. I hope he's not another 4th liner
Callahan - Too many turnovers; too many lost battles in the neutral zone. Maybe his shoulder is hindering him
Staal - Reaching alot more than usual; not controlling gaps in the neutral zone. Doing alot of chasing and losing too many puck battles behind the net.

This guys need to start playing better for us to be more consistent.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I know we are all upset because the team lost in a SO but if Biron can get this team 1 point in all of his starts this year, I would sign up for that right now.
I guess, but against the Piles you want two points. Tavares' goal went through him and Boyce's goal was a joke. The shootout was embarrassing. So, although he made some good saves; which he's supposed to do. Nabakov made alot of good saves as well but he didn't allow the softies. And he was stellar in the shootout. We lost because their goalie was better than ours. They did not outplay us.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
NickyMaz

Is Richards injured?

It seems like often when a guy isn't performing it's due to an injury (such as Gaborik in last year's play-offs, Krieder early this season). I mean the guy didn't forget how to play hockey, he's getting paid like $12 million a year so motivation shouldn't be an issue.

NickyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyMaz View Post
Is Richards injured?

It seems like often when a guy isn't performing it's due to an injury (such as Gaborik in last year's play-offs, Krieder early this season). I mean the guy didn't forget how to play hockey, he's getting paid like $12 million a year so motivation shouldn't be an issue.
It's actually the exact opposite. Not saying that's why he's playing lackadaisically, but yea.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:51 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I guess, but against the Piles you want two points. Tavares' goal went through him and Boyce's goal was a joke. The shootout was embarrassing. So, although he made some good saves; which he's supposed to do. Nabakov made alot of good saves as well but he didn't allow the softies. And he was stellar in the shootout. We lost because their goalie was better than ours. They did not outplay us.
I agree, the hope is 2 points, but if Biron plays 8 games this year, at the end of the year if the team came away with anything greater than 8 points, to me, that is a success.

He has played in (2) games. 3 points.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Machinehead
Girardi's Corgi

vCash: 50
I usually wake up the next day after a terrible loss feeling mildly better, and a little more zen.

Not this time. Still just as pissed as I was after the game. They went too far these last two games, even for them.

It's not even the losses doing that so much. What really got me was the hunky dory "oh well gee wilikers we got 3 out of 4 points" attitude, particularly from the coach.

We blew a 3-0 3rd period lead in Boston and then instead of learning from it and making damn sure it didn't happen again we came right out the next game and blew another multi-goal lead. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is ok about that.

02-15-2013, 09:41 AM
SnowblindNYR

I think I'd feel a lot worse if we lost 3-2 in the shootout and played exactly the same. I really thought we were going to end up with 0 points (and maybe a blowout) after they scored their 3rd goal. So the pain of blowing a 2 goal lead is mitigated by the fact that I feel like we stole a point. If we never gave up that 3rd goal I would have just felt like we blew a point.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Leetch66

I never read the first 11 pages...not much sense in reading the same old stuff every game .

If we had a PP then we would be a good team . We have the worse one in the History of the game . We can't finish a team off with it...we usually just end up creating momentum for them . Fire somebody...Sather...Torts or Sully or go get an ELITE guy even if it costs us a high pick . We are running out of years to compete before other holes are exposed in our organization .

Mark Streit was far and away the most noticeable player on the ice last night besides Hags . What are we waiting for ? Somebody else to grab him ?

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:22 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Can be mad we let the ****ing Isles win. Can't be mad we got a point from our back up. Hopefully this is one of those games we just forget about in the grand scheme of things.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Gabotrick

Richards looks like he is seventy going on eighty last night.

I can practically see his sack hanging out of his knee pads...

Gabotrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now

vCash: 983
Funny how awful Richards looks yet he continues putting up points. What happens once/if he really starts going?

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
I never read the first 11 pages...not much sense in reading the same old stuff every game .

If we had a PP then we would be a good team . We have the worse one in the History of the game . We can't finish a team off with it...we usually just end up creating momentum for them . Fire somebody...Sather...Torts or Sully or go get an ELITE guy even if it costs us a high pick . We are running out of years to compete before other holes are exposed in our organization .

Mark Streit was far and away the most noticeable player on the ice last night besides Hags . What are we waiting for ? Somebody else to grab him ?
So you think the Islanders are going to trade their captain to the Rangers?

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:23 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

Seriously. How can he not notice this? If I remember correctly, his first shift in the third, after riding the bench for half the period, he made one AGAIN and then didn't see ice until OT. How can an intelligent adult not understand that one particular thing they are doing is harmful and they need to stop doing it? It's almost unbelievable.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote