HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012-2013 Individual Game Tickets For Sale

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 07:19 AM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
That's a common paypal scam. You need to require physical delivery with tracking, and if it's above a certain price ($250 maybe?), you need a signature record to prove you delivered. When the buyer lies about never getting the tickets (even after he used them or resold them), an email record of PDF tickets or forwarding confirmation won't do it and paypal will take back your money and you're screwed (stubhub owns paypal)
I have never had a problem with paypal when I sold through stubhub. However, that is the only time I accept paypal. Wont accept it from someone I don't know as they side with the buyer in pretty much every case. With stubhub, it is easy as they send you the fedex forms and all you have to do is print and drop off at a fedex (there is a kinkos not far from me). The buyer only has a limited time to state the tickets were not in the package or whatever. The fear is the buyer decided they can't go to the game. Then calls stubhub to say they were denied entrance as the tickets were bogus.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:23 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
yep.... it's in the Paypal guidelines. I was not aware of the restriction and was never informed so I was at fault. It cost me around $250 or so.

I do sell a fair amount of collectables. I used E-Bay/Paypal as my primary source for selling until the charge back. Now, I use an auction house which costs me about the same and have pretty much cut out E-Bay/Paypal. The results have been pretty much the same. The loser? Paypal/Ebay who could have made the few dollars back in less than a month.
Exactly why I do not sell on Ebay. I never got burned, but too many stories started to leak out. You can win an auction for a Giants helmet signed by Eli. When it arrives, you then say you received a giants helmet that is not signed instead of the Eli signed helmet. File the claim, and Ebay/Paypal will take your side. You send the unsigned helmet back to the seller and he is out the money. The honus of proof is on the seller. How can they possibly prove they sent the auto'd helmet and not the unsigned? The tracking number only shows that a package was sent and delivered. Doesn't guarantee the contents of the package.

Last edited by patnyrnyg: 02-14-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 07:34 AM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I had a problem as a seller.

I sold tickets to someone I didn't know. They never attended the game. A couple of weeks later I received a charge back from Paypal. A Paypal rep said Paypal wasn't responsible since they don't guarantee electronic ticket sales sent by e-mail. They would only honor sales if I could show proof that the tickets were mailed (FDX etc). I no longer accept Paypal unless I have time to mail the tickets.
I hope it's not someone from this board. If it is, let us know who the scammer is.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I hope it's not someone from this board. If it is, let us know who the scammer is.
Yes please out any jack-***** on here be they buyers OR sellers.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:04 AM
RUSF18

I think buying from people on here is one of the best reasons to post on this board (just bought tickets smoothly from someone who recently posted ITT). Maybe I'd think of it differently if the team was struggling (god forbid) and there were great deals to be had elsewhere, but I'd rather pay face to someone here than save a few bucks on SH where a company is also making a big profit.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:26 AM
useref15

If anybody has a pair for a reasonable price for tonight, please PM me. Thanks!

Old
02-14-2013, 11:08 AM
tailgunner

1 ticket for sale tonight vs the isles, section 115 row 20, 20 rows off the ice by the visitors faceoff circle...face value $132 or best offer....email johnydi72@gmail.com

Old
02-14-2013, 11:23 AM
dubidubidu

Still looking for a single ticket for tonight, preferably under $100.. shoot me an email instead of PM.. metsno1fan@gmail.com

Thanks!

Old
02-14-2013, 12:43 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSF18 View Post
I think buying from people on here is one of the best reasons to post on this board (just bought tickets smoothly from someone who recently posted ITT). Maybe I'd think of it differently if the team was struggling (god forbid) and there were great deals to be had elsewhere, but I'd rather pay face to someone here than save a few bucks on SH where a company is also making a big profit.
This is one of the few places online you will find tickets for face value. Even ticketdisaster with how the price is marked up from the STH price and then their fees. My only problem with SOME of the people on here is they are a bit unrealistic. This year, I put a few people in touch with the guy who sits next to me. He usually has 10 games or so to get rid of after he takes care of his regulars and keeps some for himself. A person emailed him asking for opening night, a flyers game, pens, Isles. When my friend explained that the opener was not available and if he wanted any of the other 3, he would have to take a few less popular games, the hf member became quite rude. Unfortunately, I do not know which member it was as I had given his email to a few different people.

About 4 years ago, someone from here contacted me and I did have some games to sell. Right away they asked about the opener and another popular game. Told them they are not available. Told him I had 6 games (I think it was 6). 2 popular (isles, flyers, pens etc) 1 fairly popular (think it was montreal) and then 3 less popular games and I was looking to sell them ALL as 1 package. Of course, he responded asking if he could just take the 3 popular games. Obviously, I said no. Then he asked what I could do on the price if he took all 6. I said, "nothing. I am charging you what I paid." Then he wanted to know if he can pay in installments. Then he wanted to know if he could just pay for the first game to make sure I am legit and then if everything goes ok, he would buy the rest from me. Of course, the 1st game was one of the popular games. After that response I simply said, "Find someone else. I am not dealing with you. You are too annoying."

My all-time favorite from this place was the guy who asked for Opening Night and Brian Leetch Night. I told him I was going to both and if I was going to sell either or both, I would put on ebay or ticketexchange (not sure if the exchange existed back then) where I could make some money. He then responded saying he hates people like me who look to rip-off real fans and people like me are the reason the die-hards like him can't afford to go to a game. I then responded by saying if he can't afford things he wants he should try to get a better-paying job.

Last edited by patnyrnyg: 02-14-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
rholt168
Hank**3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSF18 View Post
Same here. Makes life a lot easier.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:12 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
This is one of the few places online you will find tickets for face value. Even ticketdisaster with how the price is marked up from the STH price and then their fees. My only problem with SOME of the people on here is they are a bit unrealistic. This year, I put a few people in touch with the guy who sits next to me. He usually has 10 games or so to get rid of after he takes care of his regulars and keeps some for himself. A person emailed him asking for opening night, a flyers game, pens, Isles. When my friend explained that the opener was not available and if he wanted any of the other 3, he would have to take a few less popular games, the hf member became quite rude. Unfortunately, I do not know which member it was as I had given his email to a few different people.

About 4 years ago, someone from here contacted me and I did have some games to sell. Right away they asked about the opener and another popular game. Told them they are not available. Told him I had 6 games (I think it was 6). 2 popular (isles, flyers, pens etc) 1 fairly popular (think it was montreal) and then 3 less popular games and I was looking to sell them ALL as 1 package. Of course, he responded asking if he could just take the 3 popular games. Obviously, I said no. Then he asked what I could do on the price if he took all 6. I said, "nothing. I am charging you what I paid." Then he wanted to know if he can pay in installments. Then he wanted to know if he could just pay for the first game to make sure I am legit and then if everything goes ok, he would buy the rest from me. Of course, the 1st game was one of the popular games. After that response I simply said, "Find someone else. I am not dealing with you. You are too annoying."

My all-time favorite from this place was the guy who asked for Opening Night and Brian Leetch Night. I told him I was going to both and if I was going to sell either or both, I would put on ebay or ticketexchange (not sure if the exchange existed back then) where I could make some money. He then responded saying he hates people like me who look to rip-off real fans and people like me are the reason the die-hards like him can't afford to go to a game. I then responded by saying if he can't afford things he wants he should try to get a better-paying job.
Tell them to get season tickets so they understand what it's like on the other end. You lose a lot of money on the bad games and you need to sell the hot tickets at a profit so that you don't take a huge loss for the season.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:25 PM
henric
Rookie User

sold

Last edited by henric: 02-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 02:26 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Eating the less popular games made being a season ticket holder really hard since I didn't live in the area. I kept them for a year while I lived in Buffalo and couldn't unload weekday games vs unpopular/lesser teams. I did sell some on here for a discount and then had those people ask for the discounted (less than face) price for other games. Since then, I gave up my seats as I now live in Hartford and going to games is not easy....

With that being said, I have bought from people on here and I've never had any issue. I'm trying to find a pair in the 200's for Sunday's game vs Washington. Would like to bring my wife to the game and the start time is favorable since she works Monday morning. It appears this is a popular game and I'm not looking to break the bank but if anyone can help me out, it'd be appreciated.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
patnyrnyg

I'm surprised people have had so much trouble selling. I have had seasons since 1998, might have eaten a total of 10 tickets, and have never sold a ticket for less than face just to dump it. Pre-season, yes, but never regular season. I have always had 2 or 3 guys to whom I sold a package of games. Always mix it up and try to give them 1:1:1 ratio, 1 popular, 1 medium, 1 less popular.

McDunna, i never lost any money, but even if I did it is not worth the effort to explain it.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:04 PM
gogensgo

Just for clarity, when people use the phrase 'face value' they are referring to the price printed on the ticket that you would pay if you bought from ticketmaster as a single, not the discounted STH price the owner paid for the ticket, correct?

Old
02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
tomorrow night is the Q&A at the beacon theater

if anyone wants any pm me with your email address and how many you need

**3 left

Last edited by PassShootScore: 02-14-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 04:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogensgo View Post
Just for clarity, when people use the phrase 'face value' they are referring to the price printed on the ticket that you would pay if you bought from ticketmaster as a single, not the discounted STH price the owner paid for the ticket, correct?
STH price is printed on the hard tickets and everyone is referring to that when they mean face value. If someone's talking about individual ticket face value, they'll usually state it.

02-14-2013, 04:23 PM
tailgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
1 ticket for sale tonight vs the isles, section 115 row 20, 20 rows off the ice by the visitors faceoff circle...face value $132 or best offer....email johnydi72@gmail.com
still available...best offer... I can email it

Old
02-14-2013, 09:46 PM
NYRfan11

Selling one ticket to Rangers vs. Caps on Sunday.

Section 207 Gallery, Row 2. This row is right behind TVs.

Looking for $120.

Please call/text 917-400-0840.

Thank you.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:52 PM
blue68

Send a message via AIM to blue68
Q&A

Cant attend the Q & A tomorrow night. I have three. Anyone interested PM me and I will attach them via email

Old
02-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Dangleberry

The prices for Sunday's game are getting out of hand. I listed it at a ridiculous price and it still sold.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
The prices for Sunday's game are getting out of hand. I listed it at a ridiculous price and it still sold.
Same. Not sure why but I'm not complaining

Old
02-15-2013, 10:01 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
tomorrow night is the Q&A at the beacon theater

if anyone wants any pm me with your email address and how many you need

**3 left
any takers?

Old
02-15-2013, 10:02 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

***Rangers vs. Senators - Friday, March 8***

Looking to purchase 2 tickets (not lower bowl, please). If anyone is looking to sell, please PM me. Cheers!

Old
02-15-2013, 11:17 AM
nevesis

Looking for a pair against the Caps on Sun night, PM me if you have any available.

Closed Thread