HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Top Prospects List

View Poll Results: Where do the Rangers place compared to other teams' prospects?
1-5 0 0%
6-10 6 14.29%
11-15 19 45.24%
16-20 11 26.19%
21-25 4 9.52%
26-30 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 11:01 PM
  #1
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,162
vCash: 500
Rangers Top Prospects List

This is yet another strong list of prospects for the Rangers. It's not as deep as before, but I think we'll get about 8 NHLers out of this bunch.


TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei


SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. LW Marek Hrivik
9. RW Christian Thomas
10. C Michael St. Croix
11. C Cristoval Nieves


PROJECTS

12. C Kyle Jean
13. D Calle Andersson
14. D Samuel Noreau
15. C Steven Fogarty


SUSPECTS

16. LW Andrew Yogan
17. G Cam Talbot
18. RW Shane McColgan
19. LW Ryan Bourque
20. RW Thomas Spelling


HONORABLE MENTIONS

21. LW Brandon Mashinter
22. D Peter Ceresnak
23. D Blake Parlett
24. LW Jason Wilson
25. G Jason Missiaen
* LW Mats Zuccarello: would've made the list had he came over to North America.


RANGERS PROPERTY

* D Steven Delisle
* D Jyri Niemi
* D Mikhail Pashnin
* G Scott Stajcer


AHLer Who May Get NHL Contracts And Become Prospects

* C Shayne Wiebe (23 years old)
* D Sam Klassen (24 years old)
* Logan Pyett (24 years old)




Last edited by Beacon: 01-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:11 PM
  #2
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,892
vCash: 500
Awards:
Probably around 15.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:13 PM
  #3
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,162
vCash: 500
It would be interesting for people to post their own top prospects list which would give people future bragging rights (or would force them to eat crow).

Here's my list:


TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath


SECOND TIER

5. LW Marek Hrivik
6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. D Brady Skjei
9. C Kyle Jean
10. C Cristoval Nieves
11. RW Christian Thomas
12. C Michael St. Croix


PROJECTS

13. G Cam Talbot
14. D Samuel Noreau
15. D Calle Andersson
16. LW Andrew Yogan
17. C Steven Fogarty


SUSPECTS

18. LW Ryan Bourque
19. LW Brandon Mashinter
20. G Jason Missiaen


PRETENDERS

21. RW Shane McColgan
22. RW Thomas Spelling
23. D Blake Parlett
24. LW Jason Wilson
25. D Peter Ceresnak
26. D Scott Stajcer


WASTE OF AN NHL CONTRACT

27. D Steven Delisle
28. D Jyri Niemi
29. D Mikhail Pashnin


SHOULD GET A TWO-WAY CONTRACT

* C Shayne Wiebe
* D Sam Klassen
* D Logan Pyett


Last edited by Beacon: 01-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:34 AM
  #4
mschmidt64
Registered User
 
mschmidt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
It looks worse when you figure that Kreider and Hagelin are already in the NHL and really will very soon be off this list.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:38 AM
  #5
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Hagelin should no longer be a prospect

According to Hockeys Future a player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:
Quote:
If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL.
Carl Hagelin - DOB August 23, 1988 (age 24)

Games played 2011/2012
Regular season - 64
Goals - 14
Assists - 24
Points - 38

Games played 2012
Playoffs - 17
Goals - 0
Assists - 3
Points - 3

Games played 2013
Regular season - 5
Goals - 0
Assists - 0
Points - 0

Total games in NHL - 86

He should now be listed as Graduated.
Or am I missing something?

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:52 AM
  #6
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Here's my list:

TOP PROSPECTS
1. LW Chris Kreider (will most likely graduate)
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. RW Jesper Fast
5. C Oscar Lindberg

SECOND TIER
6. D Brady Skjei
7. LW Marek Hrivik
8. LW Mats Zuccarello (unsigned - rights retained)
9. C Kyle Jean
10. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS
11. RW Christian Thomas
12. C Michael St. Croix
13. D Samuel Noreau
14. G Cam Talbot
15. LW Brandon Mashinter

SUSPECTS
16. D Calle Andersson
17. LW Ryan Bourque
18. LW Andrew Yogan
19. C Steven Fogarty
20. RW Shane McColgan

PRETENDERS
21. G Jason Missiaen
22. D Blake Parlett
23. G Scott Stajcer
24. RW Thomas Spelling
25. D Peter Ceresnak

WASTE OF AN NHL CONTRACT
26. D Mikhail Pashnin (unsigned - rights retained)
27. LW Jason Wilson
28. D Steven Delisle
29. D Jyri Niemi

SHOULD GET A TWO-WAY CONTRACT
* Shayne Wiebe
* Sam Klassen[/QUOTE]

GRADUATED ???
LW Carl Hagelin

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:07 AM
  #7
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 500
This is my list. In parentheses is the change from my summer rankings.

TIER 1:
1. Kreider (No Change)
2. Hagelin (No Change)

TIER 2:

3. Miller (No Change)
4. Hrivik (+3)
5. Fast (No Change)
6. Skjei (-2)
7. McIlrath (+1)
8. Lindberg (+4)

TIER 3:
9. Nieves (+2)
10. Jean (Previously Unranked)
11. Fogarty (-5)
12. Thomas (-2)

TIER 4:
13. Andersson (No Change)
14. Noreau (+3)
15. St. Croix (No Change)
16. Yogan (-7)
17. Talbot (+2)
18. Ceresnak (+2)
19. Spelling (-2)
20. Bourque (-2)

HM: McColgan (Previous Rank = 14), Stajcer (Previous Rank = 20)

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
  #8
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,162
vCash: 500
Hagelin didn't graduate because when he was voted onto the list, he played only 64 games and there was a chance this season wouldn't have been played.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:57 PM
  #9
mschmidt64
Registered User
 
mschmidt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
In either case, he has now graduated, so this list is already out of date.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:20 PM
  #10
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
Don't know enough about other systems to rate ours vs. the field, but it's as strong as it has been in recent years. My only concern, as always, is how we may lose/ruin some of that talent in HFD.

My list:

LW Chris Kreider
LW Carl Hagelin
RW Jesper Fast
C Oscar Lindberg
D Dylan McIlrath
D Brady Skjei
C J.T. Miller
LW Marek Hrivik
C Cristoval Nieves
C Kyle Jean
C Michael St. Croix
RW Christian Thomas
D Calle Andersson
D Samuel Noreau
C Steven Fogarty
LW Andrew Yogan
G Cam Talbot
RW Thomas Spelling
LW Brandon Mashinter
D Peter Ceresnak
RW Shane McColgan
LW Ryan Bourque
D Blake Parlett
LW Jason Wilson
G Jason Missiaen

(LW Mats Zuccarello)

Love that top ten - and have some favorites mixed in below as well. Good work as always by Gorton & Clark.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
  #11
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
Thanks to Beacon for a great job.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:08 AM
  #12
Calirose
Registered User
 
Calirose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor/Detroit
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
I don't know if any of you have been watching The Whale recently but C. Thomas is looking A LOT better, the type of control over the game you saw him having in the OHL. In the last couple of months there is an apparent change is his play, he's getting to pucks and demonstrating great skill against the big boys.

I'd move him up right behind Kreider, Miller and McIlrath.

Calirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:34 AM
  #13
petejudge
Registered User
 
petejudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirose View Post
I don't know if any of you have been watching The Whale recently but C. Thomas is looking A LOT better, the type of control over the game you saw him having in the OHL. In the last couple of months there is an apparent change is his play, he's getting to pucks and demonstrating great skill against the big boys.

I'd move him up right behind Kreider, Miller and McIlrath.
At 5'9, 170 pounds, and 21 points in 48 games (below .5) Christian Thomas is nowhere close to the class of Kreider and Miller.

Mine looks like this:

TIER 1:
1. Kreider
2. Hagelin
3. Miller

TIER 2:
4. Lindberg
5. Fast
6. Skjei
7. McIlrath
8. Hrivik

TIER 3:
9. Jean
10. Yogan
11. McColgan
12. Nieves

TIER 4:
13. Fogarty
14. Noreau
15. St. Croix
16. Andersson
17. Thomas
18. Ceresnak
19. Spelling
20. Bourque
21. Talbot

petejudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:37 AM
  #14
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,892
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirose View Post
I don't know if any of you have been watching The Whale recently but C. Thomas is looking A LOT better, the type of control over the game you saw him having in the OHL. In the last couple of months there is an apparent change is his play, he's getting to pucks and demonstrating great skill against the big boys.

I'd move him up right behind Kreider, Miller and McIlrath.
I'll need to see a lot more than a couple weeks of good AHL play to move him ahead of someone like Fasth, or even Skjei.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:43 AM
  #15
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
At 5'9, 170 pounds, and 21 points in 48 games (below .5) Christian Thomas is nowhere close to the class of Kreider and Miller.

Mine looks like this:

TIER 1:
1. Kreider
2. Hagelin
3. Miller

TIER 2:
4. Lindberg
5. Fast
6. Skjei
7. McIlrath
8. Hrivik

TIER 3:
9. Jean
10. Yogan
11. McColgan
12. Nieves

TIER 4:
13. Fogarty
14. Noreau
15. St. Croix
16. Andersson
17. Thomas
18. Ceresnak
19. Spelling
20. Bourque
21. Talbot
You think St. Croix, Fogarty, McColgan, Yogan and Jean are better prospects than Christian Thomas?

He isn't THAT small and he has a cannon for a shot. He has good hockey IQ and will get his nose dirty. He isn't a soft player.

He also weighs quite a bit more than 170lbs today.

Thomas should be discussed in the same breath as Lindberg, Hrivik, Nieves

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:31 AM
  #16
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Maybe I'm putting too much stock into Ola's analysis, but I don't see how people are putting Lindberg ahead of Fasth. Ola said Lindberg may not even make it in the NHL. Fasth has a lot more talent and upside it seems.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:33 AM
  #17
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Maybe I'm putting too much stock into Ola's analysis, but I don't see how people are putting Lindberg ahead of Fasth. Ola said Lindberg may not even make it in the NHL. Fasth has a lot more talent and upside it seems.
Injuries maybe. Fasth has had some injuries over the past few years.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:55 AM
  #18
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,892
vCash: 500
Awards:
Fasth is so much more talented. Just in terms of pure skill. I think a lot of it had to do with Lindberg's hot start as well. He was playing better than Fasth for the first half of the season. Then Fasth got healthy, caught fire and now he has more impressive numbers than Lindberg. That's what happens with a lot of these Euro players that people can't view regularly--they stat surf.

Fasth is hands-down the better prospect, IMO. The only way I could see anyone ranking Lindberg ahead of him is if they place an extreme value on likelihood of reaching your potential, which is just silly.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:11 AM
  #19
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
I place high value on Centermen.

Strength down the middle. That and solid goaltending are two things that never change.

I don't know if Lindberg will be the better player. I see him as harder to find than a Fasth. But again I'm talking the players they are now. Who knows what a difference a year makes, especially their first in North America.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:21 AM
  #20
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I place high value on Centermen.

Strength down the middle. That and solid goaltending are two things that never change.

I don't know if Lindberg will be the better player. I see him as harder to find than a Fasth. But again I'm talking the players they are now. Who knows what a difference a year makes, especially their first in North America.
Is it really harder to find a potential third line defensive center than a potential impact winger?

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
  #21
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Is it really harder to find a potential third line defensive center than a potential impact winger?
On the NY Rangers? Yes !

Winning faceoffs means alot. Fasth may be a gamebreaker but we don't know what will happen. Kreider was gonna be a star this year right?

At the very least with Lindberg I know I'm getting a strong faceoff guy at the Pro level.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
  #22
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Here's how I'd rank them:

1) Chris Kreider - I see him as a 20-25 goal scorer and a special teams monster. A great second line winger.
2) Carl Hagelin - Same as Kreider, though he'll get there using a different skillset.
3) J.T. Miller - A solid second line center or LW, 55 points a season.
4) Jesper Fast - The highest ceiling of any prospect in our system, IMO. Extremely talented, fast, and tenacious offensively.

5) Brady Skjei - A solid, all-around second pairing defenseman.
6) Oscar Lindberg - Defensively sound third or fourth line center.
7) Marek Hrivik - Second/Third line tweener that can make offensive contributions.
8) Dylan McIlrath - Second/Third pairing bruiser that will put a hurting on a lot of people while spending a significant amount of time in the penalty box and giving up an unfortunate amount of odd-man rushes against.
9) Cristoval Nieves - Mental game has a long way to go to catch up to the physical attributues, most of which are more than impressive. Too raw to project at this point, but high potential.
10) Michael St. Croix - If he plays consistently tough hockey and proves that he is not afraid to take punishment in the NHL, he can score 50-55 points.

11) Christian Thomas - I think he'll bounce around the league and have a couple of 25-30 goal seasons
12) Calle Andersson - Will surprise some people, he's got skill on the blueline

From here on out, there's a drop...

13) Steven Fogarty
14) Kyle Jean
15) Peter Ceresnak
16) Sam Noreau
17) Cam Talbot
18) Shane McColgan
19) Andrew Yogan
20) Thomas Spelling
21) Brandon Mashinter
22) Ryan Bourque
23) Scott Stacjer
24) Mikhail Pashnin
25) Jason Missaien

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:41 AM
  #23
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Here's how I'd rank them:

1) Chris Kreider - I see him as a 20-25 goal scorer and a special teams monster. A great second line winger.
2) Carl Hagelin - Same as Kreider, though he'll get there using a different skillset.
3) J.T. Miller - A solid second line center or LW, 55 points a season.
4) Jesper Fast - The highest ceiling of any prospect in our system, IMO. Extremely talented, fast, and tenacious offensively.

5) Brady Skjei - A solid, all-around second pairing defenseman.
6) Oscar Lindberg - Defensively sound third or fourth line center.
7) Marek Hrivik - Second/Third line tweener that can make offensive contributions.
8) Dylan McIlrath - Second/Third pairing bruiser that will put a hurting on a lot of people while spending a significant amount of time in the penalty box and giving up an unfortunate amount of odd-man rushes against.
9) Cristoval Nieves - Mental game has a long way to go to catch up to the physical attributues, most of which are more than impressive. Too raw to project at this point, but high potential.
10) Michael St. Croix - If he plays consistently tough hockey and proves that he is not afraid to take punishment in the NHL, he can score 50-55 points.

11) Christian Thomas - I think he'll bounce around the league and have a couple of 25-30 goal seasons
12) Calle Andersson - Will surprise some people, he's got skill on the blueline

From here on out, there's a drop...

13) Steven Fogarty
14) Kyle Jean
15) Peter Ceresnak
16) Sam Noreau
17) Cam Talbot
18) Shane McColgan
19) Andrew Yogan
20) Thomas Spelling
21) Brandon Mashinter
22) Ryan Bourque
23) Scott Stacjer
24) Mikhail Pashnin
25) Jason Missaien
I have to say I agree with everything except McIlrath and Nieves.

I also think Fogarty has a legit shot at becoming a solid bottom-6 player with his defensive skills and size.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:45 AM
  #24
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
On the NY Rangers? Yes !

Winning faceoffs means alot. Fasth may be a gamebreaker but we don't know what will happen. Kreider was gonna be a star this year right?

At the very least with Lindberg I know I'm getting a strong faceoff guy at the Pro level.
For one to buy your argument there'd have to be a reason to give Lindberg the benefit of the doubt over Fasth. Right now I don't see one. It's not set in stone that either player makes it in the NHL. Lindberg's faceoff prowess won't do much good if he never makes it beyond the AHL.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:05 AM
  #25
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,892
vCash: 500
Awards:
1) Chris Kreider
2) Carl Hagelin
3) J.T. Miller
4) Dylan McIlrath
5) Jesper Fasth
6) Brady Skjei
7) Oscar Lindberg
8) Cristoval Nieves
9) Marek Hrivik
10) Nick Palmieri

11) Christian Thomas
12) Michael St. Croix
13) Cam Talbot
14) Brandon Mashinter
15) Calle Andersson
16) Kyle Jean
17) Samuel Noreau
18) Steven Fogarty
19) Andrew Yogan
20) Blake Parlett

21) Ryan Bourque
22) Shane McColgan
23) Thomas Spelling
24) Peter Ceresnak
25) Jyri Niemi
26) Jason Wilson
27) Jason Missiaen
28) Steven Delisle
29) Scott Stajcer
30) Mikhail Pashnin

I'd probably go something like that.


Last edited by nyr2k2: 02-15-2013 at 12:02 PM.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.