HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Espen Knutsen

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 09:55 AM
t0mf00lery

vCash: 500
Espen Knutsen

The Columbus Blue Jackets bought out Espen Knutsen's contract yesterday. Does anyone think that the Oilers should give him an offer seeing how we could use a playmaking centre?

Old
12-17-2003, 10:02 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerrick
The Columbus Blue Jackets bought out Espen Knutsen's contract yesterday. Does anyone think that the Oilers should give him an offer seeing how we could use a playmaking centre?
Where do you play him? There is oates, york, Reasoner, Stoll and Horcoff and I don't see where he would fit.

His career has really gone down hill since he killed that girl in the stands... I wonder if that is affecting him still?

Old
12-17-2003, 10:37 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Where do you play him? There is oates, york, Reasoner, Stoll and Horcoff and I don't see where he would fit.

His career has really gone down hill since he killed that girl in the stands... I wonder if that is affecting him still?
York could always shift to the wing (although which winger gets bumped?), or we could actually MOVE Horcoff (or sit him) if his play slips back to what it was the first two months of the season. If having Knutsen would help the team be better, I'd be in favor of it...then worry about who to ship off in a trade later! Or even send Stoll back to Toronto for a bit to make roster room...not that he'd deserve it, but that's some nice depth to have with the inevitable injuries that will happen yet...

Bart

Old
12-17-2003, 11:15 AM
aki

He signed with Moscow Dynamo, according to Eurohockey.net.

Old
12-17-2003, 11:27 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i got a Norwegian friend who was telling me last week how bad Knutsen has gotten. He said he's nowhere near where he was and was lucky that the Blue Jackets were even paying him. He also said something that the he agreed to take less money from the Blue Jackets to get off their payroll (dont ask i dont know more than this).

So i would say no the Espen "Shampoo" Knutsen.

(he got his shampoo nickname coz of his long hair, his teammates once got him lots of shampoo and the name stuck since)

Old
12-17-2003, 11:33 AM
TMWTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
i got a Norwegian friend who was telling me last week how bad Knutsen has gotten. He said he's nowhere near where he was and was lucky that the Blue Jackets were even paying him. He also said something that the he agreed to take less money from the Blue Jackets to get off their payroll (dont ask i dont know more than this).

So i would say no the Espen "Shampoo" Knutsen.

(he got his shampoo nickname coz of his long hair, his teammates once got him lots of shampoo and the name stuck since)
what a geek.

Old
12-17-2003, 12:16 PM
Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki
He signed with Moscow Dynamo, according to Eurohockey.net.
No, Dynamo management refused to sign Knutsen after little consideration. I dont know exactly why, but they gave up idea to bring him to Russia.

Old
12-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Omniscient Gadfly

espen's nickname

actually...

espen's nickname, shampoo, originates from the fact his father worked in a barbershop. the theme is hair, but it wasn't because of his locks.

sorry. but as a flames fan i can help but jump all over errors on the oilers board. :p

Old
12-17-2003, 04:42 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient Gadfly
actually...

espen's nickname, shampoo, originates from the fact his father worked in a barbershop. the theme is hair, but it wasn't because of his locks.

sorry. but as a flames fan i can help but jump all over errors on the oilers board. :p
thanks for that, that just means one dead Norwegian tommorow

Old
12-18-2003, 02:10 AM
Norseman

It is right that he got his nickname because his father worked in a barbershop. His father had "The soap" as nickname and therefore his child (Espn) got named "Shampoo".

And it was actually the stick of Derek Morris that deflected his shot into the stands in the tragic accident that killed the little girl

Closed Thread