HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part VII (Machida/Munoz *Bisping out)

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
No one has confirmed this yet so I guess it's still a rumour but apparently Dana said Cain/Bigfoot and JDS/Overeem will take place at UFC 160 in May. According to people on twitter, he announced those fights at some press conference he had in Ireland.
I've seen this rumored as well, and while I am certainly not questioning you here, I find it hard to believe he actually mentioned this at a presser and it's yet to be confirmed.

Quote:
Bigfoot just had an impressive win but he also just recently got destroyed by Cain. I don't think he should be fighting for the title next but there really isn't anyone else available. I was a lot more excited for JDS/Overeem before their last fights but I can't complain about that match up. I like Overeem but he really needs to get his **** together before this fight otherwise he's getting knocked out in the first round. He might get knocked out in the first round regardless but if he comes out like he did against Bigfoot, it won't be pretty.
I agree with you that Bigfoot doesn't deserve another shot at the title (yet). But once Barnett wasn't signed, the only realistic option was waiting for the Werdum-Nog fight, and then having Cain fight the winner at the end of the year. So while Bigfoot probably isn't fully deserving, it essentially gives us a free Cain fight which is good at least.

Last edited by BGDDYKWL: 02-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old
02-12-2013, 06:18 PM
m9

Yeah it's not ideal but if a card has a Cain title fight and JDS v Overeem, I am in.

Wonder if they turn this into another all HW card.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Peter Griffin

I'm fine with Big Foot getting a title shot if that's the route they go. As mentioned, there aren't a whole lot of options out there, and Big Foot is at least coming off two impressive wins over guys he wasn't expected to beat, might as well reward him for that. I'd love for Cormier to fight Cain, but that's not happening anytime soon, if ever.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:09 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Werdum had to be coaching TUF....

When JDS lands a clean shot on Overeem, goodnight Irene.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
02-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Nose of Sutter

On UFC 157 living in Southern California I would love to see the Hendo-Machida fight but that's the only fight on the card that is really like damn I'd pay 200$ for a decent seat, plus parking, food, and probably hotel for staying down there that night. I think Rousey-Cyborg should be a Fox event then Dana could see how the ratings are then go from there deciding whether the next women's title fight should be a PPV or not. The undercard is decent with the Faber and Koscheck fights but I do wish there would be another solid fight beside Hendo-Machida. Probably just me though being bitter it's a women's main event for the last fight in Southern Cali for a long time.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani
As just reported on @ufctonight, Cain vs. Bigfoot 2 and JDS vs. Reem will go down at UFC 160 on 5/25 in LV, Dana confirmed w/ me today.
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/sta...29398518099968

Old
02-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Werdum had to be coaching TUF....

When JDS lands a clean shot on Overeem, goodnight Irene.
Yeah Overeem will be Perosh faced by JDS.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
JDS/Reem? Mother of God!

Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Pad your record Cain, pad your record.

JDS/Reem should be fun as the two hate each other.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Cain/Bigfoot will be a better fight than the first. JDS/Reem will be fireworks. Reem better improve his defense..JDS has better and faster hands than Bigfoot.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Vitor/Rockhold in Brazil...Date TBA.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Captain_Cunney

Cain wins but Bigfoot will have a better showing, he's a very accomplished fighter. If he ends up on top it could be interesting.

I sort of wish they would have swapped Cormier for Reem as jds knocking out a striker will not show anything in relation to how he will do against Cain.

Mir & Reem would also be fun.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:11 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Word is it's a number one contender fight. Personally I think if Vitor wins he should have to fight Lombard (assuming he beats Okami) before getting another shot. I like this fight though. Good test for Rockhold.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:38 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Nice, I like this one.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:53 AM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Word is it's a number one contender fight. Personally I think if Vitor wins he should have to fight Lombard (assuming he beats Okami) before getting another shot. I like this fight though. Good test for Rockhold.
A Vitor win would make him more deserving of another title shot than Sonnen. You're right about Lombard though. A shame his first UFC fight was so ridiculous.

Remember Dan Henderson?

Old
02-14-2013, 03:18 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
A Vitor win would make him more deserving of another title shot than Sonnen. You're right about Lombard though. A shame his first UFC fight was so ridiculous.
Resume wise no doubt, but I think the reason an easier case could be made for the Chael rematch was Chael dominated him for 4+ rounds, so you felt like he demonstrated that he had a very realistic chance of beating Anderson. Vitor didn't. And it wasn't like Cain/JDS where Cain had a very clear path to victory but the fight didn't last long enough for us to see if that path would work. Vitor's just gonna stand with Anderson again. Now granted I would probably agree that Vitor would be Anderson's toughest test at 185 aside from Weidman, but if Lombard beats Okami like he did Palhares I think a compelling case could be made for him as well.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:47 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Word is it's May 18 on FX. (In Brazil)

Old
02-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Costa Philippou vs Jacare Souza also expected.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Costa Philippou vs Jacare Souza also expected.
Nice! Love that fight. Philippoui is a legit contender now.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Nice! Love that fight. Philippoui is a legit contender now.
If Philippou beats Jacare you gotta think he's probably one more big win from being in a legit spot for the #1 contender. It's looking like Weidman will be getting the next shot at Silva and the winner of Rockhold/Belfort will likely be the next #1 contender. Winner of Philippou/Jacare against Lombard/Okami? Has Munoz recovered from that beating he took from Weidman yet?

Old
02-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Two great middleweight fights. Rockhold and Jacare with big time tests in their first UFC fights.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:50 PM
BGDDYKWL

185's really shaping up nicely. Assuming Weidman gets Anderson we're looking at quite a few real interesting fights. I'm not sure if anyone has a great chance of beating Anderson (I'd give Weidman the best chance) but this at least injects some life back into the division.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Captain_Cunney

I like Jacre to do really well out of the SF guys. His standup has gotten so tight & there isn't many better on the ground.

Exciting times in the mw division. Seems not long ago there was a lot of talk about it being a weak division...

This is the reason people need to layoff the FW smack talk, it takes time to build depth. Even 170 was weak back in the day, Hughes defending his belt against guys with 1 or 2 UFC fights.

Imagine if they would have "folded" the division then because of lack of contenders?

Old
02-16-2013, 03:02 PM
MeatTornado
I was born ready

Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I like Jacre to do really well out of the SF guys. His standup has gotten so tight & there isn't many better on the ground.

Exciting times in the mw division. Seems not long ago there was a lot of talk about it being a weak division...

This is the reason people need to layoff the FW smack talk, it takes time to build depth. Even 170 was weak back in the day, Hughes defending his belt against guys with 1 or 2 UFC fights.

Imagine if they would have "folded" the division then because of lack of contenders?
I think a lot of it has to do with the perception of watching two tiny guys fighting each other rather than the lack of contenders. The heavyweight division isn't exactly loaded with contenders, but still lots of interest because of the size and strength of the guys.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:35 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post

Agreed on Jacare. He should settle in nicely in the top ten in the UFC and I don't see him having any trouble with Phillipou.

Closed Thread