Jarome Iginla

Old
02-15-2013, 06:45 AM
TherapyforGlencross
Regular HFer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
It will make me sick if Iginla ever plays for a classless organization like Pittsburgh, nothing can be worse for hockey than that organization winning another cup.
How is Pittsburgh "classless"?

I also wouldn't mind Iggy moving to Philly either.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:37 AM
SaneQ

vCash: 500
If Iggy is moving somewhere, i'd like to see him in Philly. Briere-Giroux-Iginla would be deadly.

SaneQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:09 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Honestly, the only team I want Iggy on is the Pens. Malkin, Neal and Crosby are killing it this year, add Iggy and holy ****.. I want him to go where his absolute best chance at a cup is. Period..
100% agree. I think it's a great fit, and Iggy would put up great numbers again (and get that 4th olympic). Plus they have some assests we could use.

I know many of us long time fans are grateful for what Iggy has done for this team, and for those who saw the same with Ray Bourque when he was traded and won with Colorado. I think we owe it to him to trade him to a real contender (and please don't mention the BJ's again).

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:10 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
It will make me sick if Iginla ever plays for a classless organization like Pittsburgh, nothing can be worse for hockey than that organization winning another cup.
Tell us how you really feel......

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Zoombie

Quote:
I agree! I'd send him to Philly or Boston in a hearbeat but I think I would vomit if he puts on a Pens sweater.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:18 AM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneQ View Post
If Iggy is moving somewhere, i'd like to see him in Philly. Briere-Giroux-Iginla would be deadly.
Last year? Definitely. This year? No. The Flyers have lost something in their team, and I don't see them as Cup contenders as of the moment.

The only 2 teams that make sense are the Bruins and the Pens. The only team that NEEDS a right winger is Pittsburgh. Plus that team could use a leader like Iginla to straighten out their... attitude.

MuffinMerc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post

Well it's not like intentionally losing is considered "classy".

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Abbotsford Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post

Well there is 1983 and 1984 season. Where they intentionally lost down the stretch to land Lemieux. Then there is the 2002-03 season where they traded away a significant part of their roster for pretty much no return in hopes of finishing last to draft Ovechkin, but happened to lose the lottery.

The Penguins winning rewards that kind of behavior and that is not good for hockey. I love iginla and I would hate to see him involved with a franchise that is willing to lose on purpose.

And here you thought I was going to go on about Matt Cooke or they way they dive like Canucks or something, right?

Abbotsford Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:26 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
I could give two ***** about the pens winning the cup. I want Iggy to win, and that's where I see his best opportunity being. Not Boston and definitely not Philly.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
+1..

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Flames92

Quote:
Well there is 1983 and 1984 season. Where they intentionally lost down the stretch to land Lemieux. Then there is the 2002-03 season where they traded away a significant part of their roster for pretty much no return in hopes of finishing last to draft Ovechkin, but happened to lose the lottery.

The Penguins winning rewards that kind of behavior and that is not good for hockey. I love iginla and I would hate to see him involved with a franchise that is willing to lose on purpose.

And here you thought I was going to go on about Matt Cooke or they way they dive like Canucks or something, right?
Hmm.. reminds me a lot of the Edmonton Oilers , that or they just suck so much that they didn't even "intentionally" try to lose. I don't agree with how the pens built their team but Im a Crosby supporter and if I he can get Iggy a cup, as well as the flames getting a nice return in the trade, i'd be open to trading him there.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Abbotsford Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I could give two ***** about the pens winning the cup. I want Iggy to win, and that's where I see his best opportunity being. Not Boston and definitely not Philly.
And I think him winning with Pittsburgh would be tainted. I would rather see him win anywhere else. I would trade Iginla to Vancouver before Pittsburgh because while I think they are pretty classless for their diving and biting even they won't stoop as low as losing on purpose.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Abbotsford Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Hmm.. reminds me a lot of the Edmonton Oilers , that or they just suck so much that they didn't even "intentionally" try to lose. I don't agree with how the pens built their team but Im a Crosby supporter and if I he can get Iggy a cup, as well as the flames getting a nice return in the trade, i'd be open to trading him there.
The first year Edmonton finished last, it wasn't on purpose. They did have a whole whack of injuries, after that I never saw much of an effort to get better in the offseason, so its kind of borderline. But once the season started they never once traded large chunks of their roster for garbage.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:22 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

Quote:
And I think him winning with Pittsburgh would be tainted. I would rather see him win anywhere else. I would trade Iginla to Vancouver before Pittsburgh because while I think they are pretty classless for their diving and biting even they won't stoop as low as losing on purpose.
Holy ****. Absolutely not.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:26 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Holy ****. Absolutely not.
I would

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

NO

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbotsford heat View Post
and i think him winning with pittsburgh would be tainted. I would rather see him win anywhere else. i would trade iginla to vancouver before pittsburgh because while i think they are pretty classless for their diving and biting even they won't stoop as low as losing on purpose.
-1 x infinity.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:15 PM
MVW

I would love to see Iggy play with G in Philly. Iggy is exactly what that team needs right now to turn it around and Giroux's playmaking ability is almost on par with Sid's. They would be totally deadly. However, the Flyer's D is not championship caliber and them landing Iggy is not going to change that. Also, the Flyers do not have the assets that we would want in return, we will not be getting Couts or Schenn.

The Pens make the most sense for so many reasons. I also think the B's and Kings will be calling, the Kings may ask us to take Penner as a dump though, if not he would be waived.

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
BVicious

Yea Philly! I have a Giroux, Briere, Gagne, and Hartnell Jersey would love to add Iginla to that collection. They are my 2nd team!!!!

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:31 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
-1 x infinity.
Heres a conundrum, howabout Edmonton vs Vancouver?

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post

Old
02-15-2013, 04:54 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Edmonton over Vancouver, for sure. I could even handle the "lol 8 cups, your captain won his cup with our team" trash talk from the Oilers fans.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Abbotsford Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Edmonton over Vancouver, for sure. I could even handle the "lol 8 cups, your captain won his cup with our team" trash talk from the Oilers fans.
No way. The Oilers winning a cup in the near future will do nothing but perpetuate the lose to win attitude so many fans have. It's much better to see the Canucks win then the Oilers because at least they didn't **** the bed in 3 consecutive years because they thought it would make them better.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
That's just great! I think I would hate to see him in Vancouver more. I believe he would push the nucks over the top, and they would hoist their first stanley cup. It would allow Burrows to drop to the second line, and disperse their wing strength. They would role 3 fantastic lines with a solid 4th.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:43 PM
CoRD
GO BRUINS GO!!

The thought of Iginla in a Canucks jersey. Makes me...

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote