HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 01:45 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Caporusso back up to Bingo from Elmira per B-Sens twitter.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Canuckman44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post

Calling those 3 players is not going to turn around Ottawa's season, and on top of that, it would be the final blow to Binghamton's season..so this would be a no win scenario for both clubs..keep plugging the farm and developing for future fortunes..
I agree that they will miss them if of course that is if they call these three. Is that not what the FARM is for? How many players say that their ambition is to play in the AHL. These guys have been waiting all their life for the NHL call and you are more concerned with the Baby Sen fortune. I realize it is your local team but after winning the Calder Cup did you not realize that many of these guys would be gone. The big club needs to see players in big league action. It will help them decide to keep, trade, re-sign or not.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:19 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
Caporusso back up to Bingo from Elmira per B-Sens twitter.
Good - keep the info coming. I think Caporusso has been playing well for the Jackals and I hope he flourishes in Bingo, albeit under these circumstances.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
I agree that they will miss them if of course that is if they call these three. Is that not what the FARM is for? How many players say that their ambition is to play in the AHL. These guys have been waiting all their life for the NHL call and you are more concerned with the Baby Sen fortune. I realize it is your local team but after winning the Calder Cup did you not realize that many of these guys would be gone. The big club needs to see players in big league action. It will help them decide to keep, trade, re-sign or not.
I have the right to be a fan of my team just as much as you have a right to call up any player deemed feasible..I know how the system works.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Reading Royals ‏@RRoyalsHockey
Breaking News: Royals loan David Marshall to the Binghamton Senators of the AHL #RRH

?

Old
02-14-2013, 09:49 PM
mianjo

David Marshall -- Reading Royals 52 17 29 46 18 148 85

Old
02-14-2013, 11:58 PM
starling

I thought Reading is affiliated with Hershey and Caps. Do Sens pay ECHL team when they call up someone on ECHL contract? Why would Reading let their best player go like that?

Old
02-15-2013, 09:58 AM
tenpinsplit

oh god. this is bad. not good. we have like 8 guys that started the year here.

our leading scorer the huge speciman is currently ranked 147th in the league with 22 points.

thats 147

Old
02-15-2013, 10:08 AM
tenpinsplit

trying to figure out possible line combos

jessiman - pageau - cowick
schneider - cannone - hamilton
prince - caporusso - downing
gazley - kramer

thats the only forwards i think we have.

lebda - boro
eckford - claesson
new - wideman

Old
02-15-2013, 10:15 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
trying to figure out possible line combos

jessiman - pageau - cowick
schneider - cannone - hamilton
prince - caporusso - downing
gazley - kramer

thats the only forwards i think we have.

lebda - boro
eckford - claesson
new - wideman
+ marshall

i guess now we know why he was loaned out to bingo.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Parker

Well, ought to be an interesting game against Syracuse tonight. Maybe they'll start asking fans from the stands to suit up.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:25 AM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Well, ought to be an interesting game against Syracuse tonight. Maybe they'll start asking fans from the stands to suit up.
i would love to just get one second of time on the ice, just enough time to whack labrie over the head with my stick.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
i would love to just get one second of time on the ice, just enough time to whack labrie over the head with my stick.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Xspyrit

The Gryba call up is a no brainer but I'm not sure why they had to recall both Grant and DD???

Means Michalek, Regin and Latendresse are all not ready to play.

Wow, this injury bug reminds me of 2006-07 but even worse.

Quote:
oh god. this is bad. not good. we have like 8 guys that started the year here.

our leading scorer the huge speciman is currently ranked 147th in the league with 22 points.

thats 147

And what are the other solutions?

I'm sorry but the priority is and will always be the NHL team. That's the reality of being an AHL fan... just accept it or you'll never be "happy" as a fan

I'm pretty sure the Murrays will keep on searching for solutions (ex : Brett Lebda)

Injuries are unexpected and unwanted. At some point some guys will get back from injuries but right now it looks like :

Karlsson, Cowen, Spezza, Michalek, Latendresse, Regin
Petersson, Hoffman, Stone

Very hard to find the depht to cover those losses

Old
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Well, Prince, Pageau and Cowock certainly have relished their new roles. Some other guys will have to step up and I'm looking at Claesson and Wideman. Wideman in particular has so much more to give. As long as Lehner's there the team always has a chance to win. I don't think management will abandon this team either. Reinforcements will eventually come.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I hope Bingo comes out like gang busters & just sticks it to Syracuse. It wouldn't be the first time a team dicimated with injuries comes out & beats the heavily favourite team. Let's not give up hope, we still have the best goalie in the AHL back there & hopefully he plays great again. A number of these guys are getting opportunites they wouldn't otherwise get & it's their chance to prove themselves. Let's cheer them on.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
The Gryba call up is a no brainer but I'm not sure why they had to recall both Grant and DD???

I'm sorry but the priority is and will always be the NHL team. That's the reality of being an AHL fan... just accept it or you'll never be "happy" as a fan

I'm pretty sure the Murrays will keep on searching for solutions (ex : Brett Lebda)

Injuries are unexpected and unwanted. At some point some guys will get back from injuries but right now it looks like :

WE ALL KNOW THIS!! Holy cow, Bingo fans don't need a constant reminder from Ottawa fans what exactly is going on here..we have been at this for 40 years, 40 YEARS!

We are allowed to vent from time to time so get over it..sheesh

Old
02-15-2013, 12:33 PM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post

tell me again what the purpose of is of an american hockey league team, i forget.

i dont pay my money to watch development, i pay my money each year to see a winning hockey team or a team that has a chance of winning. given the history here in binghamton, its not something we get very often.

i can complain and ***** when i want to. it is my right.

being called out on twitter by kool aid drinking front office or ex front office workers is crazy.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Quo
storms in my knees

Quote:
WE ALL KNOW THIS!! Holy cow, Bingo fans don't need a constant reminder from Ottawa fans what exactly is going on here..we have been at this for 40 years, 40 YEARS!

Just about to say...

You guys have every reason to be concerned.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:39 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

And you have every right but let's also look at the positives. You have the best goalie in the AHL, you still have some decent defencemen in Boro, Claesson & Eckford & you still have some goal scorers up front. Even with a decimated lineup I think Bingo still has some good players with heart who won't quit & will work hard to win. I think Luke will give them a "us against the world" kind of speech & hope it works.

Bingo still has a decent lead in the standings & you may get a number of players back in time so you don't lose out of the playoffs, just as you did the yr you won the Calder Cup & wouldn't that be great. I cheer for Ottawa but I also follow what happens in Bingo with just as much interest & cheer for them as a lot of us do here. We want Bingo to be just as successful as Ottawa & one day would love to see both cities win cups together in the same yr.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:15 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Let's not start the old mud slinging again.

Bingo fans are welcome to being antsy about losing almost their entire team minus the league MVP. But let's be reality, bingo still has the second most points in the entire league right now. They'll be okay. The Murrays are being active bringing in this Marshall fellow, Lebda and even this Gazley guy has been a nice surprise. Grant, DD and Gryba aren't going to be with the Sens for the rest of the year unless we run into way more injuries. Hoffman and Stone will return in a few weeks and we'll be bringing in some college guys like Sdao and maybe even Drieger.

Ottawa fans need to stop reminding Binghamton fans that their team is a farm team. It's insulting, they know exactly what to expect. We all want the same thing for Binghamton and that's Another Calder Cup. You know Ottawa will be sending all the bodies they can for another run once they're out.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:18 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post

Bingo fans are welcome to being antsy about losing almost their entire team minus the league MVP. But let's be reality, bingo still has the second most points in the entire league right now. They'll be okay. The Murrays are being active bringing in this Marshall fellow, Lebda and even this Gazley guy has been a nice surprise. Grant, DD and Gryba aren't going to be with the Sens for the rest of the year unless we run into way more injuries. Hoffman and Stone will return in a few weeks and we'll be bringing in some college guys like Sdao and maybe even Drieger.

Ottawa fans need to stop reminding Binghamton fans that their team is a farm team. It's insulting, they know exactly what to expect. We all want the same thing for Binghamton and that's Another Calder Cup. You know Ottawa will be sending all the bodies they can for another run once they're out.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:19 PM
God Says No

Quote:

exactly. bingo fans are not little kids, they know exactly what is going on. i for one really appreciate the view from the bingo perspective.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Xspyrit

wow, just make a list of all the players Bingo have lost so far this year :

Cowen (injured, would have been in the NHL after lock-out)
Silfverberg (in the NHL right now, would have been there anyway after lock-out)
Zibanejad (in the NHL right now)
Benoit (in the NHL right now)
Wiercioch (in the NHL right now)
Da Costa (in the NHL right now)
Gryba (just got called up)
DD (just got called up)
Grant (just got called up)
Petersson (injured, out for season)
Stone (injured)
Hoffman (injured)

Borowiecki (spent some time in the NHL but got back)

They already brought replacements in Gazley, Lebda, New, Caporusso, Downing and Marshall

Missing anything?

Quote:

lol I know I'm stating the obvious, it's just that I always found toetotoe annoying with his comments at the organization...

It's ok to be frustrated right now but it's not anyone's fault. They are trying their best to ice the most competitive team... The dude has always been taking jabs at the Sens management even if they can't control things like injury bugs.

If all the team died in a plane crash, he would find ways to whine at and bash the Sens management.

I'm sorry but it's just that one guy, I'm biased about him cuz I remember all the **** he said about Ottawa and their management.

Quote:
tell me again what the purpose of is of an american hockey league team, i forget.

i dont pay my money to watch development, i pay my money each year to see a winning hockey team or a team that has a chance of winning. given the history here in binghamton, its not something we get very often.

i can complain and ***** when i want to. it is my right.

being called out on twitter by kool aid drinking front office or ex front office workers is crazy.
Nobody forces you to buy the product. That's the thing you don't understand.

Whine all you want, it won't change a thing. It's in nobody's control, just the force of nature and fatality of life.

One thing is you guys should whine at the "fatality" and "bad luck", not at the management, because that is very stupid and ignorant.

Quote:

Good post and I'll be more cautious... Didn't see it like that

All that being said, if the organization catches a break with the injuries and most players get back (and Lehner still plays), they could still make another run for the Calder this year. Depends on which players they get back but Da Costa, Silfverberg, Wiercioch and Zibanejad look to be in the NHL to stay

Last edited by Xspyrit: 02-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Stahp

Edit: I rescind my "stahp" after your last part X.

Last edited by FolignoQuantumLeap: 02-15-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Closed Thread