Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Elimination Chamber 2013 - February 17, 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 02:20 AM
uqu06cpu

vCash: 500
I really think Swagger is going to win the Chamber. The manager they introduced for him on RAW is a precursor for an ADR feud.

Swagger vs ADR will also serve as an ideal opening match for Mania.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:38 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by uqu06cpu View Post
I really think Swagger is going to win the Chamber. The manager they introduced for him on RAW is a precursor for an ADR feud.

Swagger vs ADR will also serve as an ideal opening match for Mania.
Or, you know, ADR Just drops the belt to Big show or Ziggler and he can feud with Swagger normally?

Old
02-15-2013, 07:14 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Miz has had a very lackluster run as a face. I think a US title and some more time working matches as US champ would help legitimize his face run, so if he wins I wouldn't be surprised.

They really missed the boat with Swagger. Should have returned as a face, hacksaw Jim Duggan style and challenged Cesaro for the US title. The All American American American vs the Swede holding the US title writes itself. That's at least 2 months of a decent feud they could've had.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:18 AM
chuckdobbins

I gotta say, the card is actually very intriguing the more I look at it. Much like most solid ppv events, all they need is one big spot in a high profile match (like the chamber match), one good swerve or a big return. Lesnar/Taker/Maddox, a heel turn, Dolph cashing in (although I hope he waits til WM), Henry smashing the chamber, an RKO as Bryan flies off the inside roof of the chamber...there's plenty of potential for greatness here.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
http://rajah.com
Quote:
"With two Elimination Chamber Matches slated for this Sunday, Feb. 17, who's to say what horror awaits the 12 Superstars when they enter Satan's Prison?"

Earlier this week, Ryback tweeted that justice would be served to The Shield inside the Elimination Chamber. However, there has still been no official announcement made about a second Chamber match, aside from 1 line on the 11th page of an article on WWE.com.
Could just be a typo, or a change of plan that not everyone got the memo on.

After checking my magic 8 ball here are my picks

Punk
Shield
Henry
Del Rio
Cesaro
Tamina
Tensai/Clay

(Barrett) if there is an IC match.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:50 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I have this horrible feeling that they will just squash the Shield.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Miz has had a very lackluster run as a face. I think a US title and some more time working matches as US champ would help legitimize his face run, so if he wins I wouldn't be surprised.

They really missed the boat with Swagger. Should have returned as a face, hacksaw Jim Duggan style and challenged Cesaro for the US title. The All American American American vs the Swede holding the US title writes itself. That's at least 2 months of a decent feud they could've had.
Miz is garbage. He better not get that US Championship. Cesaro is on a role.

And they could have done that with Swagger, I mentioned it not too long ago, but I think people were sort of expecting it, so WWE changed it up. I actually like the angle with Zeb and can't wait to see where this goes.

02-15-2013, 10:07 AM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
I have this horrible feeling that they will just squash the Shield.
Wouldn't doubt it. It would be so dumb because the shield has been beaten twice the last two weeks.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:10 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
The Cesaro thing is REALLY building. They need to keep it going. I do think Miz will win because his dedication to the WWE usually pays off.

But man oh man... it could be a huge moment when someone comes out and says he's the American to take him out. It could just be a huge moment for the midcard.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:22 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Or even if Cena created a feud with him that created a best of 5 series for who deserves the belt. I know... before you guys jump down my throat - Cena is waaaay above that. But who cares? This type of stuff used to work back in the day. Whether you were a IC title holder or not - you still had big time feuds.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:04 AM
This
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
http://rajah.com

Could just be a typo, or a change of plan that not everyone got the memo on.

After checking my magic 8 ball here are my picks

Punk
Shield
Henry
Del Rio
Cesaro
Tamina
Tensai/Clay

(Barrett) if there is an IC match.
If it isn't a typo then I hope that it ends up being the sheild v justice league match. They retreat everytime the opponent gains an upper hand. The chamber guarentees the match to have a conclusion. (As long is it isn't a squash, as I previously stated)

Old
02-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

As mentioned earlier, in a chamber match, five guys have to do the job. Only one does in a normal match. Cena definitely won't eat the pin heading into WM. Ryback has already lost enough, so he won't eat the pin. You can't have The Shield lose already or it would hurt them severely. Sheamus is the odd man out. He's not really headed anywhere, he can eat the pin. I really hope they don't put that match inside the chamber.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:12 AM
This
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
As mentioned earlier, in a chamber match, five guys have to do the job. Only one does in a normal match. Cena definitely won't eat the pin heading into WM. Ryback has already lost enough, so he won't eat the pin. You can't have The Shield lose already or it would hurt them severely. Sheamus is the odd man out. He's not really headed anywhere, he can eat the pin. I really hope they don't put that match inside the chamber.
I think Cena would be the obvious one to eat the pin. Have him weak so he can overcome the odds.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

If they did do the tag match in the EC only 3 guys would have to take a fall not 5 but it would be hard to do to not make anyone seem weak. Maybe start with Sheamus vs Rollins then have Ambrose in next they work the 2-1 thing till Ryback comes in then Ryback to make it 2-2 before Reigns enters and then they can quickly eliminate Sheamus and have 3-1 until Cena comes in and have the numbers game slowly take over and eliminate Ryback Cena then goes super mode and eliminates 1 sheild before they pin him too.

Last edited by Xenophobia Catalyst: 02-15-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old
02-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
If they did do the tag match in the EC only 3 guys would have to take a fall not 5 but it would be hard to do to not make anyone seem weak. Maybe start with Sheamus vs Rollins then have Ambrose in next they work the 2-1 thing till Ryback comes in then Ryback to make it 2-2 before reigns enters and then they can quickly eliminate sheamus and have 3-1 until Cena comes in and have the numbers game slowly take over and eliminate Ryback Crna then goes super mode and eliminates 1 sheild before they pin him too.
It would do damage to The Shield to lose, and there's no chance Cena is getting pinned at all. Ryback also won't get pinned after the amount of times he's lost in recent months.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
It would do damage to The Shield to lose, and there's no chance Cena is getting pinned at all. Ryback also won't get pinned after the amount of times he's lost in recent months.
Totally agree with everything you said. I was just trying to figure out the best/only way it could work if they did got the EC route which is to say, there is no way to do it without making someone/everyone look bad.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

I could see the possibility of the heels going over at EC to set up the big face wins at Mania, but there's too much face power in the 6-man tag for me to feel good about The Shield's chances of coming out on top.

No Ziggler in the lineup so far? I'm calling a cash-in after ADR beats Show.

For the Rock/Punk match, there's gotta be something that happens with the stipulation that was added. Maybe Punk tries to get Rock DQ'd by sicking The Shield on himself? Whichever direction they take, I would be surprised to see the belt on Punk at the end of the night.

Also, I'm guessing Orton wins the Smackdown EC match to get a #1 contendership at Mania.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
it would be so easy to put this match on the chamber. and you win by pinning ONE member of the opposite team.
start 1 vs 1, release them randomly, one by one with the normal rules.
you obviously let the 3 members of the shield first to go on a 3 vs 1 or 3vs 2 for a few minutes and then even things up releasing the last of the good guys.
after that just work like a normal cage match, your team loses when one member gets pinned or submits.

TNA Lockdown does pretty much that. its fun.
(its only part 2 of a 3 part match)

Old
02-15-2013, 04:15 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I could see the possibility of the heels going over at EC to set up the big face wins at Mania, but there's too much face power in the 6-man tag for me to feel good about The Shield's chances of coming out on top.

No Ziggler in the lineup so far? I'm calling a cash-in after ADR beats Show.

For the Rock/Punk match, there's gotta be something that happens with the stipulation that was added. Maybe Punk tries to get Rock DQ'd by sicking The Shield on himself? Whichever direction they take, I would be surprised to see the belt on Punk at the end of the night.

Also, I'm guessing Orton wins the Smackdown EC match to get a #1 contendership at Mania.
No Ziggler on the card makes perfect sense for his gimmick. "You kept me off the card so I came in to steal the show... and main event Wrestlemania." It makes a lot of sense, right? That's simple - but good writing.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Save the cash in for WM.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
No Ziggler on the card makes perfect sense for his gimmick. "You kept me off the card so I came in to steal the show... and main event Wrestlemania." It makes a lot of sense, right? That's simple - but good writing.
I think he'll run in on the World title match and screw Big Show. So far it's just a regular match, right? Just have Ziggler come in and beat the crap out of ADR to get Show DQ'ed. lol

Old
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

I still stick to my prediction of Henry/Jericho being the final two in the chamber, and as they're rolling out whoever was eliminated, Ziggler will run in and hit Jericho with the briefcase and cost him the match. Remember on Raw when Ziggler said he wanted in so he could end Jericho? That ties into it.

ADR vs Henry
Jericho vs Ziggler at WM in a ladder match, Ziggler wins and then cashes in later in the show

As for EC, why the hell have two LMS matches and THEN a singles match? I'm confused by the booking logic, but ok

Old
02-15-2013, 06:56 PM
elias026

Quote:
Originally Posted by This View Post
I think Cena would be the obvious one to eat the pin. Have him weak so he can overcome the odds.
Cena lost alot in 2012, he wont get pinned or submit for a very long time

Old
02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
Cena lost alot in 2012, he wont get pinned or submit for a very long time
Cena lost a lot compared to past Cena years. lol He still didn't lose that many. It just happened to be a decent amount of PPV matches. He only lost like ten times last year and only lost like seven times in legitimate singles matches be it one on one or triple threat.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
elias026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Cena lost a lot compared to past Cena years. lol He still didn't lose that many. It just happened to be a decent amount of PPV matches. He only lost like ten times last year and only lost like seven times in legitimate singles matches be it one on one or triple threat.
thats alot for Cena. I just dont see Cena being pinned in a very long time hes overcoming the odds of not being pinned

Closed Thread