HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ray Shero at Min vs. Col

Old
02-15-2013, 11:11 AM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
100 bucks its Setoguchi...

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Mancini79

Send a message via MSN to Mancini79 Send a message via Yahoo to Mancini79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Everyone is mentioning Setoguchi...

In my opinion, Bouchard is much more likely to get traded.
Agreed. I am a PMB fan, but I think he goes somewhere. Both are great, but have very different styles and I have to say we need Setoguchi more (current slump noted & slumps end btw). There's NOT going to be any extensions for Bouchard so just part ways now. I want none of PIT's forwards (that may be available) in return though. Make it a solid D or D prospect.

Mancini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkEye View Post
Would Pittsburgh and Minny fans be okay with something like Kunitz for Seto?
Not from a Pens pov.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini79 View Post
Agreed. I am a PMB fan, but I think he goes somewhere. Both are great, but have very different styles and I have to say we need Setoguchi more (current slump noted & slumps end btw). There's NOT going to be any extensions for Bouchard so just part ways now. I want none of PIT's forwards (that may be available) in return though. Make it a solid D or D prospect.
The Penguins won't trade an NHL defenseman or one of their D prospects for Bouchard

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Pancakes

Quote:
Not at all. Kunitz is a better player than Seto. The only advantage to such a trade for the Pens is Seto's youth, but the Pens are in win now mode. Not the type of trade they'd make.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Sergei Berezin

Heatley?

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
The Pens need to add a top 6 winger, getting rid of one doesn't make much sense for us

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Xavier Laflamme

This could all turn out to be similar to Vancouver's GM being at the Pitt/Wash game not long ago. Maybe Shero was visiting his former assistant GM and friend Chuck Fletcher before heading to the Pitt/Wpg game?

As a fan, I'm hoping for Seto and or Cluterbuck though...we shall see

Xavier Laflamme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Niskanen + 3rd for Jones.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:43 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
If Shero were to go and get Setoguchi, I would guess the line-up would then be like this...

Kunitz, Crosby, Setoguchi
Bennett, Malkin, Neal
Cooke, Sutter, Dupuis
Glass, Vitale, Adams

Dupuis is the more natural fit on that 3rd line, Setoguchi wouldn't be. With that said, discussing trade ideas with Wild fans seems to be as fun as the Hemsky/Staal discussions.

Let's just sit back and see what happens.

Maybe Shero was just stopping by to say hi to Fletcher and Yeo, his former employees.[/QUOTE]

Gee, thank you for being condescending towards the Wild. Nice little jab...

The Wild don't need Niskanen. Our current top 4 would not be improved much by him. The only d we would be interested in would Despres, Morrow, or possibly Maatta (OC Penguin, everyone already knows your opinion, so you don't need to cut and paste it for the 100th time). Seto has more value to us unless it is for a young with witha very bright upside.

Pitt has a plethora of yound d with good potential, Minny has too many wingers fighting for the same roles. Minny needs one more d, Pitt needs a couple wingers. The interest is there at least.

Butch and Clutterbuck could also be on the trading block. Shero was not at the game for ***** and giggles, nor was he there to talk to the Avs about RoR. Both teams need to improve; I hope something happens.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:44 AM
stayinalive

vCash: 1078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Niskanen >>Jones

stayinalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Black Label

Quote:
It would be Jones + for Nisky, not the other way around.

Black Label is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:47 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Would the Pens be interested in Seto+Clutterbuck+Lucia for Orpik+Kennedy?

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Bouchard
Cullen-Brodziak-Kennedy
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell
Suter-Brodin
Orpik-Spurgeon
Stoner/Scandella-Gilbert

Looks good. Hopefully GMCF calls up Zucker if this trade happens.
NO! Look at all the guys that have been sitting! We do not need/want Kennedy at all, and we don't need Orpik.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Not O'Brien. We aren't in the market for a player of his caliber.

I wonder though if Shero wasn't looking at Milan Hejduk. He would be an interesting fit for Pittsburgh, if Colorado wanted to deal him. Older guy with skill that can hang with Sid or Malkin; brings leadership ... actually, I would like that idea.
So the Avs are doing a fire sale?! This is news... Yes I'm sure Shero was looking at one of the Avs best wingers. The Avs really are just going to throw all their parts away now, because they have so many extra just sitting around.

Trades take 2 and happen for a reason. Not because one team wants something.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:55 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:

Surely you jest. Pittsburgh would be dumb to do that one. Kunitz carries more value than Seto to begin with.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:58 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:

I actually think its PMB over Seto that Shero is looking at. He isn't netting a top D prospect though. That is a heavy hit for an injury riddled guy who is a pending UFA after this season. Maybe a second round pick AT BEST. If PMB doesn't work out, Shero doesn't have to resign him.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:59 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Heatley?
at a 7.5 million cap hit when the cap is going down? That doesn't fly too well.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:59 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Why would the Pens have to add to this?

Old
02-15-2013, 12:03 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
So the Avs are doing a fire sale?! This is news... Yes I'm sure Shero was looking at one of the Avs best wingers. The Avs really are just going to throw all their parts away now, because they have so many extra just sitting around.

Trades take 2 and happen for a reason. Not because one team wants something.
Avs are going no where. They ain't making the playoffs and we aren't talking about a 26-year old forward in the prime of his career bud. The Avs could use some picks in this draft to help rebuild the farm system too.

There are few guys in that organization that aren't untouchable. Hedjuk isn't one of them IMO.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Mancini79

Send a message via MSN to Mancini79 Send a message via Yahoo to Mancini79
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Surely you jest. Pittsburgh would be dumb to do that one. Kunitz carries more value than Seto to begin with.
Hey why don't you TRY not to be such a ***** to people posting their IDEAS. I'm sure you can handle it though. I'm routing for you.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-15-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: not needed
Mancini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
Born: January 1, 1987 (age 26)
Born: December 6, 1986 (age 26)

good heavens! what an astounding age-gap!
Sorry, I thought Niskanen was 28.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
If Shero were to go and get Setoguchi, I would guess the line-up would then be like this...

Kunitz, Crosby, Setoguchi
Bennett, Malkin, Neal
Cooke, Sutter, Dupuis
Glass, Vitale, Adams

Dupuis is the more natural fit on that 3rd line, Setoguchi wouldn't be. With that said, discussing trade ideas with Wild fans seems to be as fun as the Hemsky/Staal discussions.

Let's just sit back and see what happens.

Maybe Shero was just stopping by to say hi to Fletcher and Yeo, his former employees.[/QUOTE]

Gee, thank you for being condescending towards the Wild. Nice little jab...

The Wild don't need Niskanen. Our current top 4 would not be improved much by him. The only d we would be interested in would Despres, Morrow, or possibly Maatta (OC Penguin, everyone already knows your opinion, so you don't need to cut and paste it for the 100th time). Seto has more value to us unless it is for a young with witha very bright upside.

Pitt has a plethora of yound d with good potential, Minny has too many wingers fighting for the same roles. Minny needs one more d, Pitt needs a couple wingers. The interest is there at least.

Butch and Clutterbuck could also be on the trading block. Shero was not at the game for ***** and giggles, nor was he there to talk to the Avs about RoR. Both teams need to improve; I hope something happens.
Fact remains, you have nothing to offer for Despres, let alone any of the D prospects. The D prospects are there to yield solutions. Seto isn't a solution. Keep Seto. I hope you do. You need his scoring.

Butch doesn't yield a D prospect ... sorry. A skilled guy that makes Ales Hemsky look durable and is a pending UFA too boot doesn't yield one. He would be just as much of a risk to take off your hands. Clutterbuck might yield something of value. I like him.

Funny, we have been told too many times that your organization is LOADED with D prospects, but you are insisting on some in return. Sounds like you have no faith in them.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:09 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Although I agree that it is very unlikely to be Hejduk, and even knowing he already has 2 Stanley Cups....
If this is his last year, and he wanted to try and chase one more, the Pens would be a team to consider. 1/2 a year away from the Avs won't ever make him less of an Av. He'd sign a one day deal and retire an Av.

Remembering all the "Ray Bourque will never leave Boston" talk right now is all, and yes, I know it was a different situation.

AslanRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Hey why don't you TRY not to be such a ***** to people posting their IDEAS. I'm sure you can handle it though. I'm routing for you.

It's simple logic from the Pittsburgh side of things. This isn't close value for Kunitz. He has more value than Seto. He has way more value to Pittsburgh than Seto would ever dream to have at this point. Kunitz is a top line guy that plays a decent two way game and adds some edge. Seto is a one dimensional player that if he isn't scoring, he brings little.

Besides, we are trying to add a winger in the top six. Doing this would make us have to add one more, or two more depending on your views of Seto. What's the point of doing this for Pittsburgh?

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-15-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: qmep
Old
02-15-2013, 12:13 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Although I agree that it is very unlikely to be Hejduk, and even knowing he already has 2 Stanley Cups....
If this is his last year, and he wanted to try and chase one more, the Pens would be a team to consider. 1/2 a year away from the Avs won't ever make him less of an Av. He'd sign a one day deal and retire an Av.

Remembering all the "Ray Bourque will never leave Boston" talk right now is all, and yes, I know it was a different situation.
Exactly my thoughts.