HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams Interested in Lars Eller

Old
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
They have three of them so if they want a player of Lars' caliber they'd have to give one up.

Not sure what's so funny about that?
Yea those three picks arent going anywhere.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:49 AM
DuklaNation

Put him with some decent linemates, and people might be surprised. Never had a realistic shot in the top 6 in Montreal. Dont see that changing. Ideally, Montreal dumps DD & Pleks, have Galch & Eller as top 2 centres. But timelines just dont match up quite right.

DuklaNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I had a proposal I was working on but couldn't manage to finish the justification for (I generally refuse to create proposal threads unless I can explain why BOTH teams would take it). That was as follows:

To Montreal:
Derick Brassard
David Savard

To Columbus:
Lars Eller
Erik Cole
2nd round pick (CBJ's choice on draft day)

Fell down in that I didn't know if Savard would actually be useful to Montreal (he's got size, but he's not particularly physical), and I couldn't come up with a scenario in which substituting someone else would be acceptable to the CBJ, or MTL. (Unless y'all would take Dalton Prout instead - he fits the template a lot better, but has notably less upside.)

Food for thought at this point, really.
Considering Brassard's contract, the fact that he'd be caught in the same line-shuffle as Eller and the fact that we have no use for a D like Savard I don''t see why that's a deal Montreal considers.

Eller is drawing interest, but there is no pressure for Montreal to move him, and they likely wont unless the right deal comes along (which hasn't been proposed yet in this thread). This isn't it (I wont even get into adding Cole AND a possibly high 2nd)

Very easy pass.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:58 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

It will take an overpayment imo to acquire Eller. Desharnais will cost less.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:17 PM
jayball75

I think Eller deserves to play between cole and patches. That would be a whole line of 6'2" 210lbs plus. Mtl has always been known for being small and to trade him now without having a real chance is dumb. Not to mention he's what you got for Halak.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Domino11

Lars Eller is way more important then people think to the habs !! Lars will be a good 2 way player .. He will put up 50 point a years while playing very good defensively ... I think he as the best mentor in plekanec !!

For mtl to trade him it will take something that we can't resist to take ! If mtl decide to rebuilt it won't be with Eller getting traded.. It will be desharnais ,cole, gionta, Markov etc all the old folks ..I think Eller is part of the future ... Hopefully he become like a Jordan stall type

Domino11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
If Columbus is trading for Lars one of those 3 first round picks would be mandatory.
Doubt it very much. One reason being that if the Habs are trading Eller, it probably means they are looking to make an immediate impact, giving up Eller's potential for presumably a quicker-fix type of player. They wouldn't be looking way off down the road for a draft pick or prospect.

Past that, I imagine a certain new GM in Columbus is salivating over having 3 picks as building blocks, and the fans are going to be salivating over how he uses them, given his past track record.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:36 PM
CharlesHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
IF eller would be available, habs would be looking for 1 of 3 things:

-a tough young, blue-liner with size who can hit and fight
-a tough young winger with size who can score
-a center like eller with size, who can also play a two-way game - maybe with a bit more offensive upside.

obviously in any of these three scenarios, habs would and could add to Eller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Wouldn't mind having him on the Sens. Not sure what Montreal would want from him from Ottawa though. I get the impression that he's not really available to us.

Maybe something around a guy like Greening? He would bolster our 3rd line for sure right now.
On the Sens sellers thread, I brought up a trade surrounding what is said there...

Lars Eller + Calgary's 2nd round pick <-> Colin Greening + Chris Phillips.

Sens seemed interested but I was wondering what was the reaction on our side.

Phillips wouldn't fill the top 2 pairings and is not as young as wanted, but as a 3rd pairing defenseman, he'd help us on the PK by clearing the crease and also bring some toughness.

As for Greening, with his size and potential, he could be a valuable asset on the 3rd line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher, while Prust would go back to his role on the 4th line.

What's the thought around this ?

Last edited by CharlesHabsFan: 02-15-2013 at 01:55 PM.
CharlesHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
With all due respect, that is hideous. I'm not sold at all on Savard's NHL upside (and where do we put him? We have 8 D on our roster as it is) and the ship is sailing on Brassard ever showing high-end potential - kind of like what Eller might turn into, only he costs $3.2 million dollars.

So why are we adding in the guy who scored 35 goals last year and the 2nd round pick?
The idea was based on Savard-for-Eller and Brass for Cole and the pick - the latter trade had been previously discussed in other threads. And yeah, where Savard would go was why I didn't try to create an actual thread for the deal. I'd been under the impression that Eller was being shopped. Sounds as though he isn't, though.

I figured it would potentially turn out to be very ugly for Montreal. It's looking like I guessed right.

(I knew I should have put down the 2nd as "MTL's choice"...)

Quote:
If Columbus is trading for Lars one of those 3 first round picks would be mandatory.
Wouldn't happen.

Quote:
They have three of them
Does Not Matter. They're not available in such a deal.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Chicago would probably be interested. Bergy knows the prospect pool. Pirri and a 2nd for Eller?
Straight up for Teravainen?

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Is that's the price, there is no deal to be had. Columbus will not be moving any of their first 4 picks (high 2nd included in there). I'm a big Eller fan but not at the price of a pick. Granted, Kekalainen knows a ton more about Eller than I ever will so he could see things differently. Just think that's a steep asking price. It's already being discussed by my thought was something with Brassard included when I first saw the thread. I believe Eller can play multiple positions up front which would fit in well with Columbus. Brass seems much better at center and on the PP.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHabsFan View Post
On the Sens sellers thread, I brought up a trade surrounding what is said there...

Lars Eller + Calgary's 2nd round pick <-> Colin Greening + Chris Phillips.

Sens seemed interested but I was wondering what was the reaction on our side.

Phillips wouldn't fill the top 2 pairings and is not as young as wanted, but as a 3rd pairing defenseman, he'd help us on the PK by clearing the crease and also bring some toughness.

As for Greening, with his size and potential, he could be a valuable asset on the 3rd line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher, while Prust would go back to his role on the 4th line.

What's the thought around this ?

Ahhahahaha that is probably the worst trade ever !! I wouldn't even give a 2 round for both player so no way mtl do that and of course sens are interested that a steal from team ....

At beginning and even still now I'm wondering if this is a joke proposal

Domino11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Frantic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Lars Eller is way more important then people think to the habs !! Lars will be a good 2 way player .. He will put up 50 point a years while playing very good defensively ... I think he as the best mentor in plekanec !!

For mtl to trade him it will take something that we can't resist to take ! If mtl decide to rebuilt it won't be with Eller getting traded.. It will be desharnais ,cole, gionta, Markov etc all the old folks ..I think Eller is part of the future ... Hopefully he become like a Jordan stall type
Eller's potential is being wasted on the Canadiens. I don't think much development will happen on the 4th line with Armstrong and Moen for linemates.

Frantic Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:26 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantic Fanatic View Post
Eller's potential is being wasted on the Canadiens. I don't think much development will happen on the 4th line with Armstrong and Moen for linemates.
Would you trade our 3rd line centre Z. Smith for your 4th line centre Eller?

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Frantic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Would you trade our 3rd liner centre Z. Smith for your 4th liner centre Eller?
I don't know what other Habs fans want but I'd like futures for Eller.

Hamilton Bulldogs looks like a hazardous waste zone.

Frantic Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What do you expect Bergevin to say after one of the job requirements was he could speak French and what Cunneyworth went through last season.

The only Quebecois he drafted was Hudon in the 5th round, enough said.

I'm sure we'll have more local players 5 years from now but they will be players that make sense and fit in with Bergevin's style, something I don't see DD doing well at.
Your denial doesn't change the reality. More to come on All Habs later today...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Straight up for Teravainen?
Hell to the no.

Pirri and a 2nd is pretty fair if the Habs want to trade him already. The Hawks and Habs have trading partners makes sense. Like I said, Bergevin is familiar with the Chicago farm system. He knows Pirri has top-six upside. Chicago also needs a center.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantic Fanatic View Post
I don't know what other Habs fans want but I'd like futures for Eller.

Hamilton Bulldogs looks like a hazardous waste zone.
Both are the same size, Eller is 1 year younger. Smith is better on face off but take a bit more penalties.

I think Eller would be a better fit with Sens' system

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Hell to the no.

Pirri and a 2nd is pretty fair if the Habs want to trade him already. The Hawks and Habs have trading partners makes sense. Like I said, Bergevin is familiar with the Chicago farm system. He knows Pirri has top-six upside. Chicago also needs a center.
Sorry, no it's not. It starts with Danault or McNeill.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:39 PM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

vCash: 50
Quote:
They have three of them so if they want a player of Lars' caliber they'd have to give one up.

Not sure what's so funny about that?
If you compare what other young struggling players with potential have been getting; there's no way Eller is worth a 1st right now.

Does he play the wing effectively?
The Sharks certainly have some pieces the Habs would be interested in; I think they make good trading partners, both have some players that could use a change of scenery

Clowe
Gailardi
Braun/Demers
for
Eller
Cole

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Sorry, no it's not. It starts with Danault or McNeill.
McNeill is also very fair. I'd do McNeill and a 3rd for Eller.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:41 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
That is some vast overpayment. Eller and Backlund are worth about the same, while I wouldn't want to trade Backlund he isn't worth what you are asking for Eller.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
The idea was based on Savard-for-Eller and Brass for Cole and the pick - the latter trade had been previously discussed in other threads. And yeah, where Savard would go was why I didn't try to create an actual thread for the deal. I'd been under the impression that Eller was being shopped. Sounds as though he isn't, though.

I figured it would potentially turn out to be very ugly for Montreal. It's looking like I guessed right.

(I knew I should have put down the 2nd as "MTL's choice"...)
I don't think Eller is actively being shopped, but I'm sure Bergevin is listening to offers and won't slam the phone down if the right deal comes along.

This isn't a deal I would make as it doesn't help the Habs, but in terms of value, I think Eller for Savard straight up is feasible. Two guys at about the same place in terms of development, expectations, ceilings, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Teal View Post
If you compare what other young struggling players with potential have been getting; there's no way Eller is worth a 1st right now.

The Sharks certainly have some pieces the Habs would be interested in; I think they make good trading partners, both have some players that could use a change of scenery

Clowe
Gailardi
Braun/Demers
for
Eller
Cole
No, and that's part of the problem. Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller all have to play centre to be effective, with none good enough to be 1st line and none bad enough or suitable to be bottom-six. Plus there's Galchenyuk, who we're developping as a centre.

I think another Sharks fan in the Clowe thread came up with a Clowe/Demers for Eller/2nd proposal (or something like that) and I said I thought it would be very tempting for the Habs.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Teal View Post

Clowe
Gailardi
Braun/Demers
for
Eller
Cole

No thanks, Montreal does't need another defenceman, we already have 8 NHL defenceman right now. Also Clowe is UFA this summer and Galiardi is mostly a 4th line player.... I would trade Cole for Clowe and Galiardi but that's about it.

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:57 PM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Have Hab fans really turned on Desharnais that quickly? Any insight?

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote