HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #15| Feb. 15, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
02-15-2013, 12:53 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
After seeing the title to the NJ Devils GDT we need ours to be

Our Philadelphia Flyers against their New Jersey Devils.
From their GDT
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1350843
Quote:
News and Notes:
Philly (6-7-1)
-Kurtis Foster plays for them
-They actually pay Foster to play for them

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:43 AM
CanadianFlyersFan18

vCash: 500
Time for some Jam fellas. I foresee a huge Giroux game.. he's due! Bryz is going to be good, but the Flyers are getting ready for a role. Need to play a solid 60 and get a winning streak going. Here we go Flyers!! Hard hockey in all 3 zones, minimize the time spent on the PK and put some PRESSURE on the devils defence for once!!

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:45 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
27-0 Flyers

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Deboer has schooled Lavi in the last 5 matchups. Lets see how he adjusts.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:55 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Just win baby.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:08 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Deboer has schooled Lavi in the last 5 matchups. Lets see how he adjusts.
I would love to see that but I'm afraid lavy will continue to disappoint in that regard

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I would love to see that but I'm afraid lavy will continue to disappoint in that regard
Sadly, we actually outplayed them for a significant portion of some of those games, but showed a marked inability to have a lapse (remember the uncovered Zajac goal or the Kovy breakawaypenalty shot?) or not finish at all.

I'm not sure what you can possibly do to your system that would change your players inability to be in the right place.

One area that we have a problem in is that Brodeur's puck-handling ability really limits our ability to play the dump-and-chase game. That combined with the Devils stacking the blue line to prevent the carry-in has always challenged us.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:42 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Sadly, we actually outplayed them for a significant portion of some of those games, but showed a marked inability to have a lapse (remember the uncovered Zajac goal or the Kovy breakawaypenalty shot?) or not finish at all.

I'm not sure what you can possibly do to your system that would change your players inability to be in the right place.

One area that we have a problem in is that Brodeur's puck-handling ability really limits our ability to play the dump-and-chase game. That combined with the Devils stacking the blue line to prevent the carry-in has always challenged us.
Some of those games yes I agree but definitely not all of them or even half in my opinion. Last game the flyers had the better of the play after the first but came out losing 2-0. Sometimes that happens and if that trend continued and they lost the game I wouldn't of had much of a problem with it cause if you play well sooner or later you'll get the bounces but that was not the case at all. After the first they played like **** in a two goal game and 40 minutes to play. There's no excuse for that and yeah the coach can only do so much especially in that regard but its still their job to get the most out of the players.

So what I'm saying is the blame may not be entirely on the system (even though if you have trouble forechecking cause brodeur is so good at handling the puck and your forwards often get caught behind the play then why not drop the two man forecheck?) but it's still the responsibility of the coach to have his players execute his system or at least play with some "jam". So maybe adjust wasn't the best choice of words but I still expect more from lavy.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:42 AM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
I'm going to miss some of the game celebrating my dad's birthday. So usually when I don't watch, something good happens to a Philly sports team. Here's hoping that happens tonight. Play with the same effort as the Jets game and you might win tonight boys.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Sportserie

Please take down the Devils tonight. Can't stand that team.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:09 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL
Sean Couturier will be in the lineup for Flyers after missing 3 past gms with flu. He'll center Talbot and Rinaldo.
Need the win tonight. Hope Bryz stays sharp. Let's go Flyers!

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:15 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
Please take down the Devils tonight. Can't stand that team.
Anyways, our line-up for tonight:

Ponikarovsky Zajac Kovalchuk
Elias Henrique Clarkson
Carter Gionta Bernier
Barch Josefson Butler

Greene Larsson
Salvador Fayne
Zidlicky Volchenkov

Brodeur
Hedberg

Scratched: Matteau, Tallinder, Harrold
Injured: Zubrus (4-6 weeks, wrist)

Last edited by SnS: 02-15-2013 at 12:03 PM.
DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:45 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
“I really liked the first game we played against them,” Laviolette recalled. “The first period and a half we played a game we needed to play to be successful and it got away from us.

“We have to make sure we’re disciplined and stay out of the box and don’t give them opportunities on the power play … we have to clean up our game a little bit from the last time.”
wow...you really liked the first game against the devils? I would say the flyers had the better of the play in the 1st and that's it. I don't know how you can like the game when your team played like dog **** for 2/3rds of the game and you wound up losing 3-0.

http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/flye...nd-rest-trip-0

Old
02-15-2013, 11:19 AM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Ilya Bryzgalov
Firm @ 12:13pm EST
12:14pm Bryz starts. (@davegisaac)
Bryz vs. Brodeur as expected

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:00 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
wow...you really liked the first game against the devils? I would say the flyers had the better of the play in the 1st and that's it. I don't know how you can like the game when your team played like dog **** for 2/3rds of the game and you wound up losing 3-0.

http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/flye...nd-rest-trip-0
I know..right? Sounds to me like Lavi is content with little moral victories considering he's been schooled by DeWhoer.....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:21 PM
ORYX

Yea I dont know what games lavy has been watching. Half the time he makes these "I think we played a good game" comments, they infact looked like a bunch of juniors on the ice. Beat to loose pucks, beat on the boards, skated around etc.

And then in the last couple games without Brayden Schenn and Voracek connecting as they have the team barely musters a goal, yet those are the two guys singled out in that article after the Jets game for needing to bring more...? Seriously?

How about Briere removes his head from his ass, how about Giroux starts playing like we know he can, how about Grossmann show the hell up for once, Simmonds, what have you done for me lately? 5 games ago I could see him calling those two out, but not now. Voracek leads the damn team in points for christs sake.

I'm starting to see some double standards in terms of accountability and the acceptance of mediocrity. That to me is a sign change may soon be needed.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Beat the Devils.

They're playing over their head. Nothing special.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:43 PM
flyersfan420

win win win!

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Yea I dont know what games lavy has been watching. Half the time he makes these "I think we played a good game" comments, they infact looked like a bunch of juniors on the ice. Beat to loose pucks, beat on the boards, skated around etc.

And then in the last couple games without Brayden Schenn and Voracek connecting as they have the team barely musters a goal, yet those are the two guys singled out in that article after the Jets game for needing to bring more...? Seriously?

How about Briere removes his head from his ass, how about Giroux starts playing like we know he can, how about Grossmann show the hell up for once, Simmonds, what have you done for me lately? 5 games ago I could see him calling those two out, but not now. Voracek leads the damn team in points for christs sake.

I'm starting to see some double standards in terms of accountability and the acceptance of mediocrity. That to me is a sign change may soon be needed.

Lavi sometimes tends to have double standards when calling players out but he is nowhere near as bad as Hitchcock was. He played tons of head games....some players could handle it and others could not. Gagne and Modano said they were able to overcome it and become the players they were b/c of Hitch but players like Williams and even Richards were not crazy about his ways. If Hitch hadn't been fired Richards would have been gone long ago most likely.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:53 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post

I missed that, do you by chance have a link?

And yes lavy absolutely has double standards.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Love the NJ games. I can't think of another organization in the last 20 years that brings out the best and worst of the Orange & Black. They're (NJ) such a solid team from top to bottom, incredibly well coached and the true measuring stick for how we fare in the division.

I won't count on "G" breaking through tonight but hope to see more dominance from our 2nd line.

We're going to need a big game from Coburn especially tonight. He's been playing better lately but still seems disconnected from the play at times.

Above all, I'm hoping the refs stay out of this one. Let's see some flow brought back to this rivalry. The last few seasons have seen some particularly awful and ticky-tack calls on both ends.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
bennysflyers16

Paid it forward at Timmys this am again to keep the streak alive. Lock that the Flyers win !!!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:22 PM
ORYX

Quote:
I missed that, do you by chance have a link?

And yes lavy absolutely has double standards.
http://www.csnphilly.com/flyers/holm...ing-major-move

My mistake however, it was Holmgren.

The point remains about calling out the players who have been the ones contributing, while making excuses for the ones who arent.

Giroux is supposed to be a world class talent, if he needs Hartnell on his wing to be so, then he isnt world class IMO. Holmgren is just making excuses for a player that needs to step it up.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
flyersfan018

I remember the refs called every little stupid thing in the last match-up. Just let them ****ing play.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Love the NJ games. I can't think of another organization in the last 20 years that brings out the best and worst of the Orange & Black. They're (NJ) such a solid team from top to bottom, incredibly well coached and the true measuring stick for how we fare in the division.
I love these games, as well, and am always impressed by how well the Devils are playing. I also find it hard to dislike them, as they don't really have players on there that I hate, and their checking line, along with guys like, say, Clarkson turning into a bona-fide goal scorer, just adds to the likeability factor. And that's not even including guys like Kovalchuk, Volchenkov and now Ponikarovsky on there. But yeah, of our division opponents, they're the ones I favour, although on the other hand I do dread these games just as much as I like them. Nonetheless, I don't think we've been terrible these past games and the Devils are beatable, so I'm optimistic and am not expecting a loss outright. But one thing that does need to improve is the power play. I know we scored on a power play against Winnipeg, but that seemed more like a fluke, and while all of them were executed as bad as one can imagine, I've never seen a power play worse than that first one we had.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote