HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 10:25 AM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Maybe Burmistrov doesn't get his offense going, there is no way to know the future for sure one way or the other. But Burmistrov's and ROR's progression have been very similar, and I don't see how ROR is that much ahead of Burmistrov.
If Burmistrov got 23 even strength points, and 9 PP points in this shortened season he would match ROR's third year pace from last year. What are the odds that he gets 9 PP points in 35 more games if the team gives him almost 2 full minutes more per game on the PP?
He might not get the 23 points though, but how many games has he played on the top lines with offensive line-mates?

In ROR's big season last year he spent most of his time with Landeskog and Hejduk, followed by Landeskog and Downie.
It would be trading very similar players IMO, and adding a premium for possibly one year of development. For myself, I wouldn't want to add much of a premium, as in my opinion, we haven't given Burmistrov the same opportunity that ROR had. We don't know for sure that he couldn't produce those numbers until we do.
Again, not saying it's bad, just that I don't think it's fair to compare these two straight up unless we acknowledge the ice time and opportunities that they each have had.
Apologies for the length of the post.
I entirely agree. The key player you referenced here is Landeskog. Great players make those around them better and GL is such a player.
He, or his ilk, is what the Jets are really missing and why ROR really shined last year.
I believe ROR's value is at a premium right now because of how (and with whom) he played last year, while Burmi's potential is largely recognized only by those who watch him closely. Jets would have to add, big time, and it's not clear that ROR is the one they really need in any case.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
As nice as O'Reilly would be, our prospect pool is simply way too think to be trading away multiple young NHLers or prospects to bring in a guy that tops out as a 2nd line center.

You heard Noel say it, we're 12 games in and the excuses are out the window now. We have a completely healthy lineup as well so if we don't turn to around by the next 12 there'sgoingto be more bodies out the door by the deadline. We'll see how it plays out.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:55 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Trade Scheifele(+Postma) than we can have ROR and Burmi... and ROR can tell Burmi what he needs to do to be super on both ends

I know this was said semi tongue in cheek , however I do know Burmistrov has been told exactly this by the organization . So while it is said in jest and that is all good , the ball is in Burmi's court to elevate his end results pretty much.

ROR would be a very very nice piece for the Jets imo , and if they felt he was worth trading for we should realize it would take some significant pieces going to Colorado . Multiple double discounted pieces aren't going to be close to enabling that trade. Burmistrov or Wheeler or Little would be the minimum key piece it would take imo.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Libertyhaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
If things start going south this year I'm with you. By far the biggest need for this team is a true #1 franchise center.
Agreed big time. this is a huge hole that TN hasn't done anything about yet. I just made this suggestion on another forum but I'll post it here too, what about buff for mike richards? Maybe LA pulls the trigger if they dont make playoffs? It would be a huge upgrade from jokinen/little/burmi...

Old
02-15-2013, 11:23 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyhaze View Post
Agreed big time. this is a huge hole that TN hasn't done anything about yet. I just made this suggestion on another forum but I'll post it here too, what about buff for mike richards? Maybe LA pulls the trigger if they dont make playoffs? It would be a huge upgrade from jokinen/little/burmi...
Richards is primarily a w , and substantially better there than c imo . He isn't being traded again this soon imo.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:41 AM
almostawake

Quote:
There's no way LA trades Richards.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm also not sure LA would be looking for more defenseman. I think they're pretty happy with what they've got.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Richards is primarily a w , and substantially better there than c imo . He isn't being traded again this soon imo.
has he been mostly wing in LA?

Most of his time in philly he played C, Carter was the one who was usually playing wing instead of center. IMO he's one of the best two way centers in the league, haven't seen him much at wing. I'd give a lot to get Mike Richards, but no way LA trades him.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:15 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
has he been mostly wing in LA?

Most of his time in philly he played C, Carter was the one who was usually playing wing instead of center. IMO he's one of the best two way centers in the league, haven't seen him much at wing. I'd give a lot to get Mike Richards, but no way LA trades him.

My mistake , was multi tasking , it is Carter I meant but Richards doesn't get traded either and he isn't a # 1 C imo either.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
My mistake , was multi tasking , it is Carter I meant but Richards doesn't get traded either and he isn't a # 1 C imo either.
disagree hugely on the isn't a #1 c.

He's may never put up a 70+ point season but he's broken 60 while shutting down other teams top lines.

i'm biased as he's my favorite player in hockey, but he's exactly the type of player i'd love to have on my top line. Him Ladd and just about anyone else on the wing would make for the ultimate tough minutes top line.

He's exactly what i want in a #1 C.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Libertyhaze

Quote:

He's may never put up a 70+ point season but he's broken 60 while shutting down other teams top lines.

i'm biased as he's my favorite player in hockey, but he's exactly the type of player i'd love to have on my top line. Him Ladd and just about anyone else on the wing would make for the ultimate tough minutes top line.

I agree 100% except the underlined part

ladd/richards/little
kane/jokinen/wheeler

scary top 6. Also we need a number one center mostly so little can play rw, im so sick of him playing center, he belongs on rw, play him there

Old
02-15-2013, 01:03 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 204
Quote:
I agree 100% except the underlined part

ladd/richards/little
kane/jokinen/wheeler

scary top 6. Also we need a number one center mostly so little can play rw, im so sick of him playing center, he belongs on rw, play him there
Having met Richy numerous times, I can say with certainty he would love to play here if the numbers worked out.

TNSE definitely has the cap room for him, but at what price.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Agree. Richards is one of my favorites in the game. Love the way he plays.

02-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Having met Richy numerous times, I can say with certainty he would love to play here if the numbers worked out.

TNSE definitely has the cap room for him, but at what price.
when holmer made the trade there was a rumor he and chevy talked, but chevy wouldn't bite at the asking price.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Libertyhaze

Quote:
when holmer made the trade there was a rumor he and chevy talked, but chevy wouldn't bite at the asking price.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
I'd bet the asking price was either Kane or Bogosian.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
it apparently was steep, steeper then LA paid.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
change or for and

that is where is started I beleive

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
02-15-2013, 02:06 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Probably. Considering that the return was Schenn and Simmonds. I can't remember exactly.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:36 PM
JetsHomer

I recall hearing they asked for Kane and the 2011 7th oa.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Would love to see Richards here, but he ain't #1 center imho

Old
02-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
I recall hearing they asked for Kane and the 2011 7th oa.
That's what I recall as well. So a bigger return than what they got IMO.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Kane9Swag

I've posted this is in the ROR thread but was wondering what my jets bros thought of acquiring ROR.

Alexander Burminstrov
Nik Antropov
Scott Kosmachuk

FOR

Ryan O'Reilly

Two prospects loaded with potential and Antropov is there to add more size for the Avs, he could help them out more than he does with the Jets. Thoughts?

Old
02-15-2013, 08:04 PM
sully1410

What did Bogo just eat?

Old
02-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane9Swag View Post
I've posted this is in the ROR thread but was wondering what my jets bros thought of acquiring ROR.

Alexander Burminstrov
Nik Antropov
Scott Kosmachuk

FOR

Ryan O'Reilly

Two prospects loaded with potential and Antropov is there to add more size for the Avs, he could help them out more than he does with the Jets. Thoughts?
I'm on the fence. Trading Burmistrov could hurt down the road. If he ever learns to play a more north south game he could be a very good center.

Closed Thread