HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Eller played a bit under 12 minutes last night...

Definitely not enough. He's shown times and times again recently that he deserves the ice time.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Here's a crazy thought, let him draw interest from coach Therrien.
Give him good wingers god dammit.
We don't even know what we have for sure, and if he's generating a lot of interest, maybe management should take it as a sign and reconsider his ice time + wingers.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:16 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Imo even though Eller hasn't been given the chances/opportunities he has deserved, I would consider trading him. We already have a two way forward in Plekanec and even though Eller has upside in terms of puckhandling skill and size, his 1st round value is going to disappear soon if he keeps getting 12min/game on the 4th line.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:24 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Imo even though Eller hasn't been given the chances/opportunities he has deserved, I would consider trading him. We already have a two way forward in Plekanec and even though Eller has upside in terms of puckhandling skill and size, his 1st round value is going to disappear soon if he keeps getting 12min/game on the 4th line.
Pretty sure it probably has disappeared, but I am sure he still would command a decent return in a trade. That being said he does need more time on a scoring line, hopefully MT will give him his chance to succeed.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's where I pass.

Yes O'reilly is better than Eller and may become a better NHLer down the road, but we would lose cap room in that deal so if we have to trade our 1st I say no thanks.

I would do this...

Eller + Nash 2nd
for
O'reilly +Col 7th
Brendan Nash is part of the Florida organization now.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:36 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I think he means 2nd round pick from Nashville.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He's saying Nash villes 2nd round pick ;-)

I'd rather just keep Eller. Play him with Cole and Prust/Pacioretty tomorrow and scratch Desharnais.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:46 PM
tiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post

I'd rather just keep Eller. Play him with Cole and Prust/Pacioretty tomorrow and scratch Desharnais.
Completely agree. Desharnais's been horrible and since he seems well liked, it might send a message to the team.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:05 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Eller and a 1st for O'Reilly? Christ almighty. I feel like people don't even know who Ryan O'Reilly is, just that he's this mythical entity who exists, is available, and is a magic solution to all our problems. Not to mention the fact that we'd apparently have to pay him $5m per to even get him to sign.

I'm not opposed to trading Eller if the price is right, but he's playing great hockey lately. He deserves a chance with good linemates and significant PP time and I'd hope it's with us that he gets that chance, even if we have to send DD down a line or two to do so.
Exactly how I feel.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post

With Therrien worried about the kids.. I thought about breaking them up..

Pacioretty-Eller-Gionta
Gallagher-Plekanec-Cole
Bourque-Galchenyuk-DD

Old
02-15-2013, 01:09 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

Desharnais should be traded. He is too small to play centre. I watched the game last night against Florida and he got tossed around frequently.

Eller should play between Patches and Cole. Give him some quality wingers.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
I just don't see any more upside to this guy. I think this is his peak. 50-55 points depending on the wingers and ice time.

Where does he slot in Montreal. Behind Pleks for sure. In the future behind Galchenyuk. So does he beat out DD. Don't know. He plays more like he was DD size than DD does. He is soft. Only six feet tall, so we would be getting bigger or tougher, quite the opposite. He has a over inflated opinion of his talents and worth and puts himself above his team. So what's not to like, right. I wouldn't give Colorado anything for him. Don't want him.

As far as trading Eller or DD or Pleks. I don't see anything happening before the summer.

I see us keeping Pleks as the #1 guy for next season. Galchenyuk the #2 guy. Just a natural progression. And that leaves the #3 position open and both DD and Eller are auditioning for this position right now.
You clearly know absolutely nothing about O'Reilly.

You think he peaked at 55 points as a 20-21 year old player........RIDICULOUS!

He is anything but soft as he plays a very gritty game and is very good defensively. At 6'0 205 lbs he brings decent size and goes to the tough areas on the ice. This board can be downright embarrassing with the lack of knowledge displayed by so many here.

He is far better than Eller right now and that gap will only increase as they get older.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Bob Cole

Im on board with the trade DD and keep Eller group.

But MT is in love with DD so we are screwed.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Teamwork

I don't understand the logic in keeping Desharnais instead of Eller. Desharnais is too small, although this wasn't a problem when he was insulated by Cole and Pacioretty. This year is a completely different story as he isn't producing with Cole and Pacioretty.

Where should he play? Beside Gionta? Gallagher? This is a big problem in my opinion. We can't have a smurf line. I feel like he really limits our line combo options..

Eller on the other hand is a big centre with good hands that can be slotted on any line.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:27 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamwork View Post
I don't understand the logic in keeping Desharnais instead of Eller. Desharnais is too small, although this wasn't a problem when he was insulated by Cole and Pacioretty. This year is a completely different story as he isn't producing with Cole and Pacioretty.

Where should he play? Beside Gionta? Gallagher? This is a big problem in my opinion. We can't have a smurf line. I feel like he really limits our line combo options..

Eller on the other hand is a big centre with good hands that can be slotted on any line.
BECAUSE THE RUMOR IS ABOUT ELLER. PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN ELLER.

The talk is not "Montreal is trying to trade a Centre", it's "GMs are interested in Eller".

Mentioning a trade about Desharnais is non sequitur, for god's sake.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I do not support DD because he speaks french. I support because he hasn't shown a ceiling yet. Every year he starts struggling because he faces harder opposition, and every year he ups his game one notch higher to compete.

I never said DD should be ahead of Plek! If anything, long-term, DD should be an effective 3rd line D who helps our rookie wingers develop.

It's just that I feel selling DD right now would result in underpayment, while Eller seems to provoke interest. You sell what's hot (in the market) at the moment when you can afford it; it's good business practice.

Where DD keep pushing his game ever higher, Eller seemed to have hit walls in his development at multiple occasion. He's doing very well at the moment, and I hope he keeps proving himself time and again, possibly with higher and higher opposition, better and better wingers.
Not when the asset provoking interest has the tools to be exactly what your franchise is missing in a big center, rather than the other asset that fits less with your long-term need. Just selling what's hot isn't very smart. You sell what's hot if you don't plan to keep the asset around. And it would be dumb to keep a small center when we have a big center who's a better two-way player.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:39 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Thank Lord! Do you think his new team will develop him as a center?

Old
02-15-2013, 01:46 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
Desharnais should be traded. He is too small to play centre. I watched the game last night against Florida and he got tossed around frequently.

We would never get something good for him.

Better to keep him and take what he can give us

Old
02-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I lol'd at lots of upside. Upside? Yes. 'lots of upside?' lol
You don't think that Eller has a lot of upside? That his ceiling might be,
strong 2nd line, or better?

Old
02-15-2013, 02:02 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Not when the asset provoking interest has the tools to be exactly what your franchise is missing in a big center, rather than the other asset that fits less with your long-term need. Just selling what's hot isn't very smart. You sell what's hot if you don't plan to keep the asset around. And it would be dumb to keep a small center when we have a big center who's a better two-way player.
Chucky 1C
Plek 2C
DD 3C

Is that a horrible top 3C? Because I sure don't think so. Plek is a fantastic 2-way player, and he is still 30 years old, plenty of time left in his career.

Eller is great; it would be optimal to have him on the medium-to-long term instead of Plek or DD, maybe. That doesn't mean we shouldn't take great upside opportunities if they present themselves.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:05 PM
MSSLYNX

Pretty obvious teams would like to acquire Eller for the price of his 1 goal production so far. a late pick, a Blake Geoffrion type prospect. No one will pay the 25 goals 60 pts premium price some are still projecting him to reach before he turns 30. That window is closing. And i would stop blaming his teammates. he got pts in 2 games so far. not trusted on the power play, already passed by both Gs. under 50% on faceoffs. Not good in shhootouts 1/5. 0 nastiness. probably little leadership, seems like the shy type. Eller needs an identity.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Uber Coca

I'd like to trade Desharnais while he still has value and reduce the return by packaging him with Kaberle. A decent prospect or a draft pick would be a great return.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:14 PM
MSSLYNX

@gabe84,
i was at the Florida game last night with about 11 000 others despite the 17000+ announced.
eller played under 12 mins for a reason. lousy on faceoffs, weak on the bosrds against a gentle opponent and way too slow in his decision making process. was a total non factor like most nights.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:21 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSLYNX View Post
Pretty obvious teams would like to acquire Eller for the price of his 1 goal production so far. a late pick, a Blake Geoffrion type prospect. No one will pay the 25 goals 60 pts premium price some are still projecting him to reach before he turns 30. That window is closing. And i would stop blaming his teammates. he got pts in 2 games so far. not trusted on the power play, already passed by both Gs. under 50% on faceoffs. Not good in shhootouts 1/5. 0 nastiness. probably little leadership, seems like the shy type. Eller needs an identity.
You talking about David Desharnis?

Old
02-15-2013, 02:27 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post

I dont understand the fascination with Eller. It is as if he has become god-like to many on this board.

You say give him some quality wingers.

Why not look at his shooting %? Its 4.3%. That has nothing to do with his wingers. That is all on him.

Even Cole, who everyone is raggin on, has a higher shooting %. The only forwards who have a lower shooting % are Pacioretty and Armstrong. Moen is at 12.5%. Maybe Moen needs a better Center.

Desharnais is small. However, he has better skill with the puck and despite playing with "less than quality wingers" (based on this years stats), his shooting % is second on the team at 21.4%.

Is the Eller love validation for Gauthier since this is the only return we have for Halak when Pierre basically gave him away?

Closed Thread