Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Perhaps it's just me, but I don't see the rush to move Setoguchi. He brings elements that just aren't all that prevalent in this organization. Not to mention he's cost controlled on the short term which will help the team transition. He's had a rough go of it in his tenure here but I'm not a huge fan of how he's used and who he'd been with...
Seems like you've changed your tune a bit. IIRC, you wanted him gone before the season started. Did he creep his way back into your good graces just a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseSuterKoivu View Post
If I'm trading with Ottawa I'd look at Alfredsson and Gonchar. Can we fit them in somehow for a short term fix?
Definitely couldn't fit both of them. Probably not even one of them unless we sent equivalent money, if not more, back to the Sens. Wouldn't want either way. Maybe 5 years ago.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1200
Ottawa trade Alfredsson?

Old
02-15-2013, 06:03 PM
FVM
Effin' Voodoo Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Perhaps it's just me, but I don't see the rush to move Setoguchi. He brings elements that just aren't all that prevalent in this organization. Not to mention he's cost controlled on the short term which will help the team transition. He's had a rough go of it in his tenure here but I'm not a huge fan of how he's used and who he'd been with...
100%. We have to think long term here: Heatley is not getting any better and most likely will continue his decline which makes him a big liability, especially compared to his cap hit. If we move on without him AND deal Setoguchi, we are back to square one with no legit shooters / snipers on the team. Zucker could be that guy but it's putting an awful lot of expectation and pressure on him. I think he can become a 25-25 guy but not next year. So I say keep Setoguchi, move on without Heatley and let Zucker, Coyle and Larsson compete and earn their spots in the next training camp and then see which trades are there to be made.

Seto is 26 and should be in his prime for years which fits great for our window to compete.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVM View Post
100%. We have to think long term here: Heatley is not getting any better and most likely will continue his decline which makes him a big liability, especially compared to his cap hit. If we move on without him AND deal Setoguchi, we are back to square one with no legit shooters / snipers on the team. Zucker could be that guy but it's putting an awful lot of expectation and pressure on him. I think he can become a 25-25 guy but not next year. So I say keep Setoguchi, move on without Heatley and let Zucker, Coyle and Larsson compete and earn their spots in the next training camp and then see which trades are there to be made.

Seto is 26 and should be in his prime for years which fits great for our window to compete.
Exactly!!!

It makes no sense to trade all the 25-26 years olds and keep the 32 and 36 year olds whose games are but a shell of their former selves.
Seto fits what this team needs, it makes no sense to trade him at all and i am one who when this season started wanted him gone as quickly as possible. If we trade him this year mark my words that next season we will be in the market for a 25-26 year old top 6 sniping forward while Seto is putting up points for someone else. He is beginning to gel with Granlund, at least give them a chance to create for themselves a legacy.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
what would you guys want for clutterbuck from the islanders?

Old
02-15-2013, 08:43 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobs11 View Post
what would you guys want for clutterbuck from the islanders?
As a Sioux fan, Brock Nelson looks mighty interesting

But as a guy who has not seen the Islanders play since about halfway through last season, some names that stick out are Hamonic and Okposo, realistically looking at the Hockey's Future rankings, Matt Donovan and Anders Lee look good.

I'm not saying all of those, or any of them, really, but those types of names stand out. For Okposo, the Wild would add on our side. I'd personally like to see Nelson + 2nd/3rd for Clutterbuck + 5th/6th, but I'm not sure if that sounds good on value.

Is any of that what you're looking for? Or no?

Old
02-15-2013, 08:53 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
as the opposite of a Sioux fan, Brock Nelson.

that guy is awesome.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
Nelson seems to be pretty high on the islanders radar, I honestly dont see snow dealing him, I can see snow putting Ulmstrom in play and possibly Kyle O, I like his play alot and wouldnt want to trade him but I think he would do alot better with you guys, Hammonic and macdonald seem to be untouchable, I love clutterbucks play and follow the wild just not sure what the organization needs, I am assuming forwards with offensive ability and potential?

Old
02-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobs11 View Post
Nelson seems to be pretty high on the islanders radar, I honestly dont see snow dealing him, I can see snow putting Ulmstrom in play and possibly Kyle O, I like his play alot and wouldnt want to trade him but I think he would do alot better with you guys, Hammonic and macdonald seem to be untouchable, I love clutterbucks play and follow the wild just not sure what the organization needs, I am assuming forwards with offensive ability and potential?
Kyle O for clutter? I'd take that in a freaking heartbeat.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:43 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
People seem to be getting riled up over the Shero sighting. I wouldn't make too much out of it, if anything at all. He's there possibly scouting some players, that's it. The chances of a trade actually coming from it are pretty small.
For all we know it's going to be an out of the blue trade like Cuma for Cooke or something.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Who knows? Might even be looking at Colorado players.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:35 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Clutterbuck for O'Reilly ?

Old
02-16-2013, 12:41 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Who knows? Might even be looking at Colorado players.
the rumor said top six forward and the AVS are still a little short in the forward department. no need to scout a player who isn't playing (ROR).

edit: that said, maybe he was just saying hello, or there's something more sinister in the works like job interviews or something.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

I can't remember where i read it but the Pens being interested in Seto has been around since the season started. At one point i saw Despres name mentioned as coming to us, i am not sure with the way Despres has been playing that the Pens would be interested in moving him now although they do have some D depth. I'm not even sure the Wild would be interested in that deal at this point with the emergence of Brodin and Gilbert offering more then i think most were expecting, on top of those two things is a more glaring need for a top 6 forward given Heatleys obvious decline.

I would do Clutterbuck for Okposo in a New York minute (pun intended)

Old
02-16-2013, 09:51 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

heatley's "obvious decline" still leaves him pretty high up in our productivity charts as far as forwards go.

a little thought would be appreciated. maybe look at the stats, at least. You can eyeball him, call him a bum or whatever but as i pointed out before, his shooting percentage is higher than anyone's while he's still top 3 in shots taken, and he's third in points among forwards. To single him out as not performing is stupid, especially as throughout the season people/coaches are bemoaning 1) the lack of shots and 2) the quality of shots.
Not getting our $7.5m or whatevers worth but then again we didn't sign him to that contract and we're still doing better on him than the sharks are with the guy they traded so no real reason to complain there, either.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Clutterbuck for O'Reilly ?
Ha. I'd be mad as hell if that were offered and GMCF turned it down. Clutterbuck would be one of the ++s to the main piece in that offer.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Ha. I'd be mad as hell if that were offered and GMCF turned it down. Clutterbuck would be one of the ++s to the main piece in that offer.
I don't think Snow would be dumb enough to turn that one down.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I don't think Snow would be dumb enough to turn that one down.
You mean Greg Sherman?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
You mean Greg Sherman?
In this scenario we have Snow as a GM to further illustrate the magnitude of one's stupidity to turn down such a deal.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
heatley's "obvious decline" still leaves him pretty high up in our productivity charts as far as forwards go.

a little thought would be appreciated. maybe look at the stats, at least. You can eyeball him, call him a bum or whatever but as i pointed out before, his shooting percentage is higher than anyone's while he's still top 3 in shots taken, and he's third in points among forwards. To single him out as not performing is stupid, especially as throughout the season people/coaches are bemoaning 1) the lack of shots and 2) the quality of shots.
Not getting our $7.5m or whatevers worth but then again we didn't sign him to that contract and we're still doing better on him than the sharks are with the guy they traded so no real reason to complain there, either.
Being high up in OUR productivity charts isn't saying a whole hell of alot is it? And he is singled out because he is making 7.5 mil a year regardless of who signed him to the contract. Sorry i am not excited over him being third in points on a team that is at the bottom in goals scored. A "little thought" has been given to what i think of Heatley and it honestly only takes "a little thought" to come to the conclusion that if the Wild can clear themselves of a 7.5 mil contract to a player who isn't worth anywhere near that any longer then they should do it quickly if someone is willing to take it.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Nobody would take him in a trade at this point...if anything happens it would be a compliance buyout.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:01 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Being high up in OUR productivity charts isn't saying a whole hell of alot is it? And he is singled out because he is making 7.5 mil a year regardless of who signed him to the contract. Sorry i am not excited over him being third in points on a team that is at the bottom in goals scored. A "little thought" has been given to what i think of Heatley and it honestly only takes "a little thought" to come to the conclusion that if the Wild can clear themselves of a 7.5 mil contract to a player who isn't worth anywhere near that any longer then they should do it quickly if someone is willing to take it.
do you see any scenario where we will replace what heatley is bringing to the table this year as far as pace goes? Don't say Zucker.

since you've thought this through...his shot total and points point to him being one of the people on the team right now who is strongest in our weak area. i fail to see how trading him is going to help the team score.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
do you see any scenario where we will replace what heatley is bringing to the table this year as far as pace goes? Don't say Zucker.
His pace is hardly irreplacable and why does Zucker not deserve his call up and a shot to produce with that line?

I don't hate Heatley but imo he is a problem with this team right now and is preventing them from being able to make different moves. He showed that he can play nowhere but with the top line and that is a problem imo. If he can play consistently like he did the other night then i am wrong but i see more nights where he is a total non factor coming as opposed to nights like the Colorado game.

They are averaging 2 goals with him, i think they can maintain that pace without him as well.

BTW Russo just tweeted that he thinks the Wild are calling up Zucker and Larson

Old
02-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Dee Oh Cee

I really want Zucker to do well and I think eventually he will but I can't help but think that in his debut and first few games he will really underwhelm. I hope I'm wrong.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
I really want Zucker to do well and I think eventually he will but I can't help but think that in his debut and first few games he will really underwhelm. I hope I'm wrong.
Not his debut, played 6 games last season with 0+2 stats.

Closed Thread