HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Off-Season Madness the 17th: A game on TV! Saturday vs Detroit 10am PT/1pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Metroid

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
Does that mean tickets are sold out? This is driving me nuts
looks like it. can't even find singles anymore... Jays tickets are harder to get than leaf tickets now? what is this

Old
02-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Felstead
Boss Status

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
looks like it. can't even find singles anymore... Jays tickets are harder to get than leaf tickets now? what is this
I woke up at 9:30, made a coffee and sat down, and was ready by 9:59:59 to hit the "buy tickets" button and it STILL showed that. ********

EDIT: Yup, just called ticketmaster too and the lady on the phone said they are completely sold out, not even 1 single ticket for the April 2nd game. So thats that I guess..

And I know if I test my luck with Kijiji or Ebay or something ill get the stick up the pooper with what people are charging for even 500 lvl seats.

Last edited by Felstead: 02-15-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old
02-15-2013, 09:53 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Got two single games, one for the Lawrie bobblehead giveaway! Can't wait- gotta support this team, especially when they show such commitment to the fans!

Any idea how early to arrive for a Sunday bobblehead giveaway? I haven't been for a weekend 1pm game for awhile.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:58 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Got two single games, one for the Lawrie bobblehead giveaway! Can't wait- gotta support this team, especially when they show such commitment to the fans!

Any idea how early to arrive for a Sunday bobblehead giveaway? I haven't been for a weekend 1pm game for awhile.
In past years... you've just needed to be there 30 mins early, but people were still lined up for gate opening.

If the team is going good, they'll probably put 45k in for those games... so you gotta beat 1/2 the people into the stadium... because Bobbleheads are usually for the first 20-25k. An hour before is probably a guarantee you'll get one.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:11 AM
AddMan3001
Don't poke the bear!

A buddy of mine and I got our tickets this morning for the opener to the NYY series (april 19th I beleive). Even those tickets are flying. I was expecting the team to sell better than previous years, but I am surprised by how quickly they're selling.

Now I'm getting really excited. Going to the Leafs game the day before too, so I really want April to just hurry up and get here!

Old
02-15-2013, 10:12 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
In past years... you've just needed to be there 30 mins early, but people were still lined up for gate opening.

If the team is going good, they'll probably put 45k in for those games... so you gotta beat 1/2 the people into the stadium... because Bobbleheads are usually for the first 20-25k. An hour before is probably a guarantee you'll get one.
Awesome, yeah it's first 20k. Thanks man.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Acekicker123

Insane to hear about the tickets going so fast.

I bought a flex pack the day after the Marlins trade, and by the time I checked back for interest's sake after the Cabrera signing, the available tickets were already considerably worse.

Sounds like we're going to see some amazing crowds this year.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:26 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
Just go on Ticketmaster, search individual games, and see how much tickets are sold.

The Saturday Yankees game has over 35,000 tickets sold already.

The Friday Red Sox Game is nearing being sold out.

I noticed that it seemed that the 100 level outfield is largely sold out for the season by season ticket holders as well.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tick...e.jsp?c_id=tor

Here's an interesting article as well:
http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2013/2...e-expectations

Old
02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
thehockeysong
BJ elitist

really hoping the tickets for the second game get moving quickly. Always rough to see a huge fall off after the home opener.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
Here's an interesting article as well:
http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2013/2...e-expectations
Interesting premise, but the author pretty readily admits that nothing he looked at really showed any kind of correlative relationship. and the issue is that it's just too hard to rope all the factors that will play into attendance levels into hard #s to be able to calculate. Initial attendance is likely largely based on hype, but beyond that, the impact of the hype level will fade and it will more strongly rely on on-field success. The fact that this is the most attention and excitement the Jays have generated since the world series years will probably help out for the first couple of series, but if the team falters out of the gate, the hype won't save them from potential attendance dips, and neither will how they finished the year before or how much they're spending on the roster this year.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-15-2013, 01:49 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Reyes reminds Blue Jays fans the game is played on the field

He remembers hearing the same thing with the Marlins last year and talk didn't translate to wins.

Back end of bullpen is relying on two pitchers coming off Surgery, both Janssen and Santos have arm problems in the past.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:55 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Interesting premise, but the author pretty readily admits that nothing he looked at really showed any kind of correlative relationship. and the issue is that it's just too hard to rope all the factors that will play into attendance levels into hard #s to be able to calculate. Initial attendance is likely largely based on hype, but beyond that, the impact of the hype level will fade and it will more strongly rely on on-field success. The fact that this is the most attention and excitement the Jays have generated since the world series years will probably help out for the first couple of series, but if the team falters out of the gate, the hype won't save them from potential attendance dips, and neither will how they finished the year before or how much they're spending on the roster this year.
I agree with you Nem

I think with the "hype" they've created a floor, with all the increased season ticket and flex pack sales. Between them you're probably guaranteed around mabye 25,000a game when you factor in the "walk up". But beyond that its going to largely depend on the success of the team.

I'd argue though that with the talent they've got, as long as they're playing .500 ball into august, we'll see the 35k a game that Beeston is looking for. The sheer talent and spectacle to go see Dickey or Johnson along with Reyes etc. will be enough to draw that type of crowd.

If the team is losing, you're definitely going to see a drop off as soon as things get out of reach. On the flipside if the team is first after April, I expect tickets, particularly on weekends to be a very hot commodity.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:

I'll tell you right now people will be lined up 300 deep at each gate half an hour before gates open. I would show up at 11 at the latest to be safe.

This ticket stuff is nuts. Going to be fun this year.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:08 PM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
He remembers hearing the same thing with the Marlins last year and talk didn't translate to wins.

Back end of bullpen is relying on two pitchers coming off Surgery, both Janssen and Santos have arm problems in the past.
There are questions about the bullpen?!

Welcome to every bullpen in the league.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
HappyGilmourr

My estimation for fans per game for the first week.

game 1: 50 k
game 2: 40 k
game 3: 43 k
game 4: 50 k
game 5: 46 k
game 6: 44 k

home opener already sold out, game 4 against Boston should be sold out sometime today. The first saturday game should be close to sold out. The finale of opening week should be good too. Game 2 might not be the best I'm hoping for 40 k.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:20 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
I'll tell you right now people will be lined up 300 deep at each gate half an hour before gates open. I would show up at 11 at the latest to be safe.

This ticket stuff is nuts. Going to be fun this year.
I was thinking 11ish tbh, so that reinforces it, thanks for the info. I like going early to any sporting event I go to because I really enjoy watching the warm ups and in this case BP.

What time would gates open for a 1pm start typically?

Old
02-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
I was thinking 11ish tbh, so that reinforces it, thanks for the info. I like going early to any sporting event I go to because I really enjoy watching the warm ups and in this case BP.

What time would gates open for a 1pm start typically?
Just a heads up, you'll typically never see the Jays BP, they go out much earlier and only open up the doors 1-1.5 hours ahead of game time (I forget which, but I think 1 hour). To get a giveaway you probably wanna show up around 11 just so you can be assured of it, but yeah, you generally won't be getting in the Dome that early, except the 1 or 2 times a year they open BP to the public (if they still do that?)

Old
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
Just a heads up, you'll typically never see the Jays BP, they go out much earlier and only open up the doors 1-1.5 hours ahead of game time (I forget which, but I think 1 hour). To get a giveaway you probably wanna show up around 11 just so you can be assured of it, but yeah, you generally won't be getting in the Dome that early, except the 1 or 2 times a year they open BP to the public (if they still do that?)
Yeah its 1.5hrs. I always get there when gates open. Which for a 7:07pm game time is 5:30. And yes, like you said, Jays BP is done before the gates open so for those wondering you can only see the visitor's BP ahead of the game. Which isn't a big loss, it's still fun to watch.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
Ah, I see, didn't even know that the Jays don't do it anymore, good info.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:51 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Gates open 2 hours before the game (so 11) on weekends, 1.5 hours before on weekdays except for opening day/holidays

Old
02-15-2013, 04:58 PM
thehockeysong
BJ elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post

home opener already sold out, game 4 against Boston should be sold out sometime today. The first saturday game should be close to sold out. The finale of opening week should be good too. Game 2 might not be the best I'm hoping for 40 k.
As much as I'd love for this to happen, I don't think you'll see number that are quite that high. The boston game could very well sell out but looking at ticketmaster I don't think it'll happen this soon.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Eyedea
96 from the left

vCash: 350
There's still plenty of time until the games though. I wouldn't doubt we see an average of 40k+ through the first two series.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
There's still plenty of time until the games though. I wouldn't doubt we see an average of 40k+ through the first two series.
I wouldn't doubt that. With past years we've never had this type of pitching staff turnover. So for example, you can't pass up JJ's debut, or Buerhle's debut (albeit less interesting). Then you have Dickey again for those who weren't able to see him opening day. I think his starts will provide strong attendance numbers all season.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:11 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post

My thoughts:

game 2: 27 k
game 3: 25 k
game 4: 45 k
game 5: 43 k
game 6: 41 k

Old
02-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Love Reyes' attitude in the recent interviews regarding Miami. He said all the typical things you'd expect him to say - "Can't believe I got traded" "He told me he wasn't going to trade me" etc etc - but he did it all with a smile and a chip on his shoulder. Doesn't seem like the guy that holds grudges.

Last edited by Everlong: 02-15-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Closed Thread