HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 10:38 PM
  #476
Steve Shutt
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Would you guys consider Kaberle for a pick? He's good insurance in Mtl right now in case of an injury and I'm guessing the Habs will be able to move him at the deadline.

Steve Shutt is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 10:40 PM
  #477
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,811
vCash: 500
Wish we kept Chara because Karlsson - Chara would have been awesome.

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 10:42 PM
  #478
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
With all the injuries in Ottawa and the injuries/call ups in Bingo, I wouldn't be surprised if Murray is keeping his eye on the waiver wire. We might end up grabbing a few players on waivers throughout the season so we can have a full roster and not completely decimate Bingo.

Berserker is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 10:42 PM
  #479
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bogor, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Would you guys consider Kaberle for a pick? He's good insurance in Mtl right now in case of an injury and I'm guessing the Habs will be able to move him at the deadline.
For a pick of any flavor at Baskin' Robins? Sure.

For an NHL draft pick? no.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:47 AM
  #480
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Wonder what the affect of the Karlsson injury will have on any potential Gonchar trade. It seemed at one time that it could be possible he'd be a deadline move. Not sure now.

Or does Murray re-sign him? I guess the next 20 games will decide that.

operasen is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
  #481
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 500
greening + for OReilly?

Icelevel is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:51 AM
  #482
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
greening + for OReilly?
The + would have to be Silfverberg or Mark Stone at least

Xspyrit is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:53 AM
  #483
BankStreetParade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
The + would have to be Silfverberg or Mark Stone at least
The + would have to be removing Greening from the offer as a positive asset.

BankStreetParade is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:03 PM
  #484
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
The + would have to be removing Greening from the offer as a positive asset.
they might be interested in a 26 yr old 6'3" guy who scored 17 goals last yr.

fastest skater, hardest shot on the team

same number of goals as oreilly no? 1 less or something? yeah he's a few yrs older, but only 26 and much bigger.

and as bad as we think he's been playing, he'd be 7th in scoring on colorado.


Last edited by Icelevel: 02-15-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Icelevel is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
  #485
HappyDude
Classless
 
HappyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Trade Stone!!! What has he done for us lately?

HappyDude is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:15 PM
  #486
BankStreetParade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
they might be interested in a 26 yr old 6'3" guy who scored 17 goals last yr.

fastest skater, hardest shot on the team

same number of goals as oreilly no? 1 less or something? yeah he's a few yrs older, but only 26 and much bigger.

and as bad as we think he's been playing, he'd be 7th in scoring on colorado.
The differences are much more pronounced than you make them seem. Colin is 27 in a few weeks. Ryan just turned 22. Colin had 17 goals and 37 points. Ryan had 18 goals and 55 points. Ryan is a noted two-way center. Colin is a winger not noted for his two-way play. All that fastest skater stuff doesn't matter because there are rarely ever moments in a game where players have to do a full lap of an NHL rink. Not to mention the fact that every play this season that has landed on Colin's stick has been sent to hell in a horrible death.

BankStreetParade is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:15 PM
  #487
senswon
Registered User
 
senswon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: vandrizzle
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
He's out with a broken finger so not much

senswon is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:15 PM
  #488
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
With our lack of proven skill level with all the injuries we may need to toughen up. In the remaining games in February we play the Leafs 2x, Rangers and Bruins. Then in March we play the Flyers, Leafs 2x, Rangers 2x and Bruins 2x. Then in April we play the Bruins 2x, Flyers 2x, Leafs and the Penguins.

We have some tough players in the system like DD, Gratn, Gryba nd Borowiecki who will all get games but it might be worthwhile to add a player or two so we don't get bullied.

I'm an advocate of getting PC Labrie; he adds toughness and has the upside to become another Arron Asham or a more offensive Shawn Thornton. He also wouldn't cost much to acquire.

Derek Dorsett would be another interesting option,or even Daniel Carcillo.

Berserker is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:16 PM
  #489
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
The differences are much more pronounced than you make them seem. Colin is 27 in a few weeks. Ryan just turned 22. Colin had 17 goals and 37 points. Ryan had 18 goals and 55 points. Ryan is a noted two-way center. Colin is a winger not noted for his two-way play. All that fastest skater stuff doesn't matter because there are rarely ever moments in a game where players have to do a full lap of an NHL rink. Not to mention the fact that every play this season that has landed on Colin's stick has been sent to hell in a horrible death.
BUT a team like colorado (who traded craig anderson for brian elliott) might have some interest in a deal around a player with those skills and attributes.

Icelevel is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:17 PM
  #490
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 50
Id trade Silfverberg for ROR.

Benny FTW is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:18 PM
  #491
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
With our lack of proven skill level with all the injuries we may need to toughen up. In the remaining games in February we play the Leafs 2x, Rangers and Bruins. Then in March we play the Flyers, Leafs 2x, Rangers 2x and Bruins 2x. Then in April we play the Bruins 2x, Flyers 2x, Leafs and the Penguins.
The only tough team I see there are the Bruins.

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:23 PM
  #492
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
The only tough team I see there are the Bruins.
The Rangers, Flyers, Leafs and Penguins are pretty physical teams. They all have multiple tough players on their roster and they may take some liberties with our young players.

Berserker is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 12:47 PM
  #493
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
The + would have to be removing Greening from the offer as a positive asset.
Ok but no need to exagerate. Greening sucked 80% of the time so far this year (by far the most disappointing player on our team) but if you look at what he's done in 2010-11 and 2011-12, he will still have some value. He is still quite young and a very fast skater with a big body. Can compliment any line as a forechecker who goes to the net if you give him the right role. Can put up 30-40 pts under the right circumstances

Let's not forget that he is in his sophomore season. That being said, maybe we should sell him high now (not saying he has 1st round pick value, or even 2nd), as I don't think he will have a huge role on the team going forward (guys like Stone, Noesen and Prince still haven't graduated)

Xspyrit is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 01:00 PM
  #494
God Says No
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
The Rangers, Flyers, Leafs and Penguins are pretty physical teams. They all have multiple tough players on their roster and they may take some liberties with our young players.
we have adequate deterrents (especially considering the recent ahl callups). i see all these guys (dd, gryba, grant) going back soon. as long as we get the regulars back. (regin, milo, latendresse)

God Says No is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 01:06 PM
  #495
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Wonder what the affect of the Karlsson injury will have on any potential Gonchar trade. It seemed at one time that it could be possible he'd be a deadline move. Not sure now.

Or does Murray re-sign him? I guess the next 20 games will decide that.
I would be very surprised if Murray has any intention of re-signing Gonchar with Karlsson, Cowen & likely Wiercioch returning next season with the possibilities of Ceci & Gryba & Boro also fighting for a roster spot. I would think Lundin might have a better chance of being re-signed over Gonchar. What I'm not sure about is if they can afford to trade him at the deadline & that will only be evident near the deadline & where we are in the standings. If we are still in the playoff race (which is possible) he may keep Gonchar then let him walk at the end of the season as he did with Kuba last yr. If not then he will most likely be a deadline deal or sooner if things really go south quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
The differences are much more pronounced than you make them seem. Colin is 27 in a few weeks. Ryan just turned 22. Colin had 17 goals and 37 points. Ryan had 18 goals and 55 points. Ryan is a noted two-way center. Colin is a winger not noted for his two-way play. All that fastest skater stuff doesn't matter because there are rarely ever moments in a game where players have to do a full lap of an NHL rink. Not to mention the fact that every play this season that has landed on Colin's stick has been sent to hell in a horrible death.
The fastest skater counts when he has to get back as quick as possible to break up a scoring chance which I have seen him do in every game this season including when Spezza would turn over the puck (no wonder Spezza defends him). Most here only see what he is unable to do offensively & discount his play defensively, in front of the net, along the boards & in the corners. I wish he would drop the gloves more & score more but he isn't really paid for that. He is having a tough season no question but he still has more pts than Silfverberg & Zibanejad. Just saying.

aragorn is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 01:20 PM
  #496
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,476
vCash: 500
How about Gonchar and Greening for Carl Hagelin? Bad timing with Hagelin now lighting it up on their top line.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 01:32 PM
  #497
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
How about Gonchar and Greening for Carl Hagelin? Bad timing with Hagelin now lighting it up on their top line.
I was hoping we could get a late first for Gonchar so we could draft Kerby Rychel. But Hagelin seems interesting; he would give us some more skill on the wing.

Berserker is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 01:32 PM
  #498
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
How about Gonchar and Greening for Carl Hagelin? Bad timing with Hagelin now lighting it up on their top line.
he gave alfredsson a concussion.

never

Icelevel is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
  #499
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
we have adequate deterrents (especially considering the recent ahl callups). i see all these guys (dd, gryba, grant) going back soon. as long as we get the regulars back. (regin, milo, latendresse)
I think a lot of fans overate the toughness level of the Senators. So I will have to disagree with you.

Berserker is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
  #500
God Says No
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I think a lot of fans overate the toughness level of the Senators. So I will have to disagree with you.
or maybe you are underrating? it's not like a stat you can just check on a piece of paper so you are right, we'll just agree to disagree.

God Says No is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.