HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Taffe vs Surovy..

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 10:29 AM
The Jerk

vCash: 500
Taffe vs Surovy..

Who would you rather have and why?

Old
12-17-2003, 03:39 PM
slyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik
Who would you rather have and why?
Pretty even to me but according to McKeen's and Forecaster, Taffe has more potential.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Dempsey

vCash: 50
I like both these players a lot. Surovy's progress in the AHL over the last couple of seasons has been very encouraging. Taffe has also shown he's among the best young players in the AHL.

I'd go with Taffe if I had to chose one.

Old
12-18-2003, 01:46 AM
Super Reverse Homer

Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
As much as I like Surovy and how he's progressing with my Pens, I'd have to go the unbiased route and take Taffe here. Taffe is physically more dominating. Surovy is more mature at this point of his development and has better goal-scoring instinct, but I agree that Taffe has a higher upside and will be better in the long run.

Old
12-18-2003, 03:51 AM
SuburbanRhythm
ThorntonSezNoHittin

I really like Surovy...he IS a goal scorer. But, I don't know about anything after that. Not that it's a terrible thing...score goals, you'll stay in the league a long time. Not a great setup guy...but being a goal scorer himself, he does get guys the puck where he'd want it--in a position with a chance to put it on net.

Taffe seems to be a better all around player, better setup guy, though I don't get to see him as often as Surovy, being in Pittsburgh, so going solely on what I've heard/read. Neither guy is overly physical. Also he has the ability to add some weight, become a bigger player, where I think Surovy is about as big as he'll get.

If they both reach their potential, I'd take Taffe. Surovy might be a 30 goal scorer, but 50-55 points total....Taffe might become a 70 point guy.

Closed Thread