HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ralph Krueger

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
  #126
AK Dandyman
Registered User
 
AK Dandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Scratching both Whitney and Smyth!? Good job Krueger! He just did something Renney and MacT wouldn't dare to even think let alone do.

Was saying in the CBJ PGT that we need to sit Smyth for a game due to him keep taking bad penalties, Krueger must have had enough of the bad penalties and Smyth's pouting for being on the 4th line.

Now the coach is holding everyone accountable and showed them who's the boss, the culture will start to change. Imo, this is a turning point we are witnessing here tonight.

AK Dandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:53 PM
  #127
senorchang
Registered User
 
senorchang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
I agree. kudos.

senorchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:54 PM
  #128
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
I, for one, have been waiting for this type of attitude in this organization for a very long time. Having ALL players equally accountable to the same standard can do nothing but positive things for everything moving forward, including the development of the kids as the future leaders for this team.

Good job, Ralph, I'm sure you scored more than a few points with Oiler fans today.
I'm not convinced its that yet.

With MacT he would bench some kids or Penner and being careful to stay away from benching sacred cows.

With Kruger he's also picking his spots. I wonder if he'll ever bench an underperforming star player or two.

It would show balls to bench an Eberle, Hall, or RNH if they aren't listening to direction which they aren't.

I doubt were going to see that.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:59 AM
  #129
Spartan117
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
I have no beef with Kreuger. He's been the boss for only a few games and the team isn't below .500. Defence has kept the goals against in most games low. The team has created plenty of chances every game and plays with a good tempo. The offence is the only problem most people have with the team right now.

I don't know why they insist on carrying the puck into the opponents zone EVERY SINGLE PLAY. That quickly becomes predictable. And why don't the coaches force these guys to put more shots on net? The Oilers are outshot EVERY game. More shots on net and redirections or tip-in's would force opponents on their heals a bit more, create a bit more fear that these young guys should be respected.

Its all in the Head Coach's hands.

Spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:15 AM
  #130
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Well I guess Ralph is open to observational analysis seeing as he is the Head Coach.

We came out this year playing a basic system that was catalysed by fastbreak dumpins, this didnt work. We adjusted our defensive zone exits because we were bleeding there. Then we recognised that we needed to better recognise and react in the Neutral zone so we adjusted that. This in effect changed two of Ralphs core values systemwise right off the bat we already reset our defensive and neutral zone tactics to reflect a new and better transitional style, we were still stuck on 2 transitions working with the 3rd cylinder seized.Then we came to the stark realisation that we werent getting enough shots so we adjusted our o-zone entrys from a fast break with the wee dump-in to a more controlled transition, and WHA-LA we finally embraced the only system that has given us positive results since Mac-Ts similar system when we went on the near miss run to the Finals. Suddenly we were getting shots and lots of them but something was still wrong--- we werent scoring goals, the shots were there but we werent scoring. Our reaction was to begin to change our bottom 6 players instead of diagnosing the real problem within our execution. Then we got a few injuries , the 2nd line carried us for a few more games but we still hadnt figured out how to score shots or not, players began to get the snakebitten look in their eyes and body language teamwide. Then we benched a d-man who didnt fit into the transitional style naturally and had difficulty adjusting to his system role, then we benched a bottom 6 guy who is our most decorated veteran leader all in the hopes that this would solve our scoring issues. And alas we hammer a team for 55 mins and then lose two points because we couldnt score a goal or two to bail out the man who has been bailing the team out all year long. Even with a respectable volume of shots-- key word being volume not volume of system generated shots-- this is not a trick question but does Ralph know the difference no disrespect intended.

That is what I see, and to me Ralph is slowly but surely following the NewAge Hockey System template one very long and painful step at a time , he is watching the team evolveing and it is forcing him to evolve as well, the total package of data Krueger needs to catch up to and eclipse this nuclear evolution is available for him immediatly if he simply googles moma2s NewAge Hockey System. His team is taking him directly to water, now lets see what he does.

We are only a few very minor adjustment away from dialing our offense in in a massive way, we are executing two of the three core value components that we need to focus on in a consistant and dominant fashion, oddly the most difficult ones we have already mastered. We have a huge communication gap or more accurately chasm that no one wants to discuss, this puts a lot of pressure on Ralph, he is pretty busy being a professional NHL coach so even though he is also a pro communicator he needs a third party perspective to keep himself honest and integrity driven.

We need the NewAge Hockey System immediatly because it contains the exact adjustment we need to make to initiate our offense at 100% energy in one game, in one practice scrimmage Ralph can verify the adjustments. We are in a very precarious situation right now because there is a great risk of Ralph overadjusting and knocking our excellent work awry, we have actually completed the most difficult 75% of executing both Ralphs system and the NHS which are very very similar as well but we are missing the final adjustment and it is a communication issue that ralph is missing totally. Ralphs system is not the NewAge Hockey System or he would have identified and adjusted to this already by proxy of core value components of the NHS, he wouldnt have been permitted to get into this position using the NHS.

We just played an excellent game, our last 6 games have really evolved wonderfully for us, now we need to stop-drop-and roll, then take stock of our progress from a more pragmatic winners perspective. We have accomplished a great deal already and are lucky that all of our young guys have matured on schedule since last year. We are executing 75% of exactly what we need right now, we are in a very positive position, however we are out of time and we need to make some terminal adjustments in the next ten games or its probably lights out.

Those adjustments are out there waiting for Ralph and the creator of the NHS is an Oilers fan and catalysed the system itself out of the Dynasty Oilers PP and Wayne Gretzkys work and perspective. The NewAge Hockey System was tailormade for the Oilers. All I can say is Tactical |Shooting Program and that Freddy Chabot should not be picking shootout shooters, not at all, in the NHS he wouldnt be allowed to have that degree of input in such a core area because the system itself would be dictating game by game who was best to take those shots based on dynamic realtime results not statistics, think about that because it is the real difference between what Ralph is trying to do and what the NHS will teach him to do. This is a dynamic communication issue, Ralph and his support staff dont have enough professional help manifesting and utilising Intuative Dynamic analysis and it is costing them a tremendous amount of energy and resources and consequently points in the standings.

Statistically catalysed analysis is sinking our ship, we are overdosing on Las Vegas bookie type data, and we need an antidote soon or we will go terminal and lose the season. The antidote is Intuative Dynamic Analysis and we dont have until next year to scrub it up through online contests, so when are the Oilers going to diagnose this terminal weakness how many symptoms do they need to see become manifest before they can make an accurate call and acess then apply a remedy.

I think we have an excellent Head Coach who is very lucky that there is a system available to him that is nearly identical to his own personal brand of Hockey which happens to posess the offensive core values he now requires, and I think a professional communicator who is also an NHL coach would recognise the need to reach out to all data sources both conventional and unconventional when a remedy was required for his system. Just google it, or start a thread asking for it. I am pretty sure it wouldnt cost any more dollars than DarkHorse is costing the team.


Last edited by BadMedicine*: 02-13-2013 at 08:01 AM.
BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:06 PM
  #131
OmarkianSpin
Flames Suck
 
OmarkianSpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
love this guy. Benching Whitney was awesome. I hope Whitney comes out like a badger with a toothache tomorrow night.

OmarkianSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
  #132
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarkianSpin View Post
love this guy. Benching Whitney was awesome. I hope Whitney comes out like a badger with a toothache tomorrow night.
This is the 3rd Whitney benching already this short season. The first two benchings had no impact whatsoever.

This from a player that played poorly last year and stated he accepted responsibility for his poor performance last year and didn't bring the right attitude.

Now he's doing this.

Too bad that the Oilers didn't ever think about the contingency that Whitney wasn't going to turn his game around.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:53 PM
  #133
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This is the 3rd Whitney benching already this short season. The first two benchings had no impact whatsoever.

This from a player that played poorly last year and stated he accepted responsibility for his poor performance last year and didn't bring the right attitude.

Now he's doing this.

Too bad that the Oilers didn't ever think about the contingency that Whitney wasn't going to turn his game around.

The Oilers brought Ryan Whitney in here to quarterback an adjusted-hybrid system that used set defensive plays and transitions combined in its core value approach, Ryan was a perfect fit and is still a top ten first pass breakout man.

Two years ago the NHS was introduced to the Oilers indirectly and unofficially online. The NewAge Hockey Systems philosophys began to seep into the Oilers game bit by bit. The NHS is the evolution of the adjusted-hybrid system into a 100% offensively catalyse possesion/transition style. This is done by eliminating set plays and focusing on 3 controlled transitons.

Ryan Whitney was having trouble adjusting his first decision within the first defensive zone transition out of our end, he is an elite first pass man who has developed hard to break NHL caliber habits that help him be elite and the adjustment brings his game down to human and exposes facets his passing normally nullifies. Ryan couldnt provide the consistant variable zone pressure needed to satisfy system requirments because of the way he sees the ice. His mistakes are magnified because of his past and our teams evolution away from his being the catalyst of our offense.

Ryan was not benched due to lack of effort or performance, it isnt his injurys any more than it was that last year, the Oilers organisation has a defined lack of integrity, these exact thoughts were offered on their site last year before we turfed the season by trying to do-initiate the fast break adjusted hybrid upon Ryans return, remember we had been winning consistantly using a different system the coaches chose based on the loss of Ryan and all the rookies we had, they chose a hybrid system that used a balance of set defensive and offensive plays for 60 mins, set plays that imitated a transitional system which is the type tht maximises our talent and skillsets, so we were having excellent sucess with Whitney not in the lineup and with Potter taking his place. Potter has an above average first long pass and can also consistantly use his mobility to pressure the puck straight up-ice to mix it up. Whitney needs to catalyse his play from behind the net and wait for the forwards to set up, we cannot do this anymore because Ralph wants his defence to put pressure on the forcheck .

Oilers managment was responsible for the devaluation of Ryan Whitney over two years, and it was done because they were disorganised and lacking a system that would help them win, they were trying to keep the adjusted-hybrid running hoping it would return them to the playoffs , Ryan was brought in for this specific task, however when our team was flooded with high end talent and skillsets its size dropped a tad and its truculence also dropped a notch or two like its experience level, unfortunately for the Oilers managment group the adjusted hybrid is best manned by veterans with moxy and patience, well now we found ourselves with the opposite roster men to what the system required and it showed in our ineffective attempts to make the system work, when Ryan was hurt we were forced out of the coaches comfort zone and we turned to a simpler system that did work for us, but remember this wasnt a tactical decision by the coaches that got us all the early wins last year--- it was a bleedin fluke we even changed the system!! A combonation of Ryans injury and all the raw rookies made us stumble upon sucess.

We still dont have a suitable system and every time I try to discuss the issue online people refuse to go there, there are to many fans who arent interested in the coaching and system stuff to get much feedback and it takes a long time to post the volume of data to properly discuss the topic.

However that being said , I personally created the NewAge Hockey System with the Dynasty Oilers PP and Gretzkys on-ice managment of it as my template. I spent two years posting NHS data to the team on their site, eventually it began to sink in and was implemented in specific cases with tremendous sucess.

If we used the NHS Ryan would still be a usable system asset at the elite level, he is right now even in this adjusted-hybrid system, its the coaches who cannot bring him onto the right page, this is because they dont have the communication skills to get the job done. These clowns dont even have a structured system description or historical context of the sucessful systems the Dynasty team used. If I asked them what the equivilant to a hybrid was in their pro vocabulary they wouldnt be able to conceptualise the hybrid to give me an accurate answer. As soon as I say abandon all defensive structure and framework they panic and immediatly begin to cover and run. When I say statistical analysis is garbage and useless they turtle or fight back defending the money and resources they are wasting, when I offer Intuative Dynamic Analysis as a superior replacement to their statistical analysis they balk at me, when I show them that the NHS is verifiable with results and point out that statistical analysis is like working with a Vegas Bookie and that those analysis cannot ever be verified based on results they refuse to discuss it and turtle or run.

When I say the NHS can generate 40+ shots and 4+ goals per game it scares them but interests them, parts of the NHS have been implemented over the last two years, the NHS and my online campaign led the Oilers to hire DarkHorse Analytics so they could try to leap over my head and prove that they had the resources to illustrate how the NHS was more accurate then they were. They were wrong and Statistical analysis is a waste of time and money. I offered the entire system to the team and was treated horribly, my data was utilised but I was completely ignored officially by the team, they used NHS data and tactics and then acted as if they were just hockey tactics which they already had knowledge of, it was a joke.

Dont confuse Whitneys results this year, they are system generated. He is performing to his best levels, his coaches dont understand how their own system works well enough to properly utilise him, for gods sakes they cant even sort out their shooting tactics as per their o-zone entrys, they cant even provide puck support after the initial shots, these are symptoms of an inadequate system.

Ryan Smyth is a victim of the same system evolution and coaching inability to communicate properly. Ralph Krueger can deflect accountability via players forever if he chooses, but he will still be showing a lack of integrity through that action when his troubles are system based.

The fact is this friends, the adjusted-hybrid squeezes out about 25% more offense than a traditional hybrid like most NHL teams use, it does this through the blending of specicficly a fastbreak d-zone exit with a transitional o-zone entrance and there is no middleground, the coaches dont even understand their own system well enough to realise this. There is no more offense to be taken out of an adjusted-hybrid like Ralph is trying to use, he is doing exactly as Renney did and he is trying to tighten up the defense, first technically and now with more physicality, nothing is going to work because the adjusted hybrid is designed to stay close to a hybrid and then eke out 25% more offense over 60 mins for the competative win, there is no dominance invloved here because a traditional hybrid can easily put an adjusted hybrid into a system checkmate and vice versa, this means that the transitional aspect of the adjusted hybrid can easily be shut down by most team in the NHL today. We have a talent and skill laden team that is able to execute a system superior to the adjusted hybrid we are using and the coaches just dont have a system template that they consider superior, after all the adjusted hybrid was created by the Oilers and it is as close as they could get to reproducing the Dynast Oilers results as was humanly possible over 15 years with oodles of NHL braintrust involved, for the record Gretzky himself couldnt reproduce his own system execution -- because he was a savant not a communicator his leadership was all on ice by example and direction where he could have tactile influence to even a tiney degree, the NHS teaches players how Wayne did this, it could teach Wayne how he did this.

I know how Gretzky thought the game and i am an Intuative communicator with a competative sports background, I have developed a system of playing hockey that is closer to Wayne Gretzkys cerebral tactical perspective than anything ever created to date. The NHS is and was tailormade for the Oilers. It could be implemented in one or two practices of games on the fly. I am also an ex-athlete that didnt exactly respect hockey players growing up in Hockey country and I crushed them all the time in all other sports and enjoyed it tremendously so my attitude is a bit abrasive when it comes to tolerating the elitist crap most hockey players including pros defend and spout off. I disregard hockey traditions and tactics because I hammered even the best athletes who were predominately hockey players as a young athlete because of their obvious and solidly coached into them limitations and weaknesses from a dynamic perspective, they were coached out of creativity so early by the time they were teens they couldnt think on their feet worth a spit.

If you are a dominant athlete and a leader It is hard to explain in words to people
how you can change an entire games outcome by utilising alternative tactics, by gently structuring game dynamics to favor your side, its called the "little things" that guys do, but really it is all dynamic situational managment, and has little to do with athletic ability it is more cerebral. many times I would do out of the norm things on the field or court to remove my opponents from their comfort zones and make them start to react dynamicly, weird things that arent usual to screw up their thought processes and to add unneeded facets to the dynamic, I tried to overload them mentally from the first minute on with my own focus being the last minute. The entire competition to me was one big dynamic chess board and my own actual contribution elite as it may have been was rarely the key to winning, I spread myself around as much as I could dynamicly and used my teammates as extensions of myself. This is what Gretzky did, and i know it because i was dominant, not competative but dominant. You cannot be dominant based on your own athletic skillset, ever.

For hockey people here is an example, during a game I would use my athleticism to push a specific defender to within 80% of busting him down but I wouldnt bust him down, I would let him off the hook thinking he had outplayed me, then I would revisit the same guy and take him to 80% of being beaten again and let him off the hook, then I would pick a teammate wose talent and skill level matched the amount needed to school the target and I would then use my own skillset to exert peripheral pressure on the play dynamics and I would then "talk" to my teammate and tell him when to bust his move on my signal, and seriously I would create the proper dynamic and exert enough peripheral pressure in the right places to weaken the targeted opponent even more as my teammate acted as my hand of god and smashed the opposition through the weakened hole in their dynamic action potential.

You see people I needed everyone to play a structured system to allow me to be the floater or the general and still execute my own system responsibilitys properly, and in all my years of competing I only ran into a few athletes with this ability actually I only remember one an elite football player named Palmer I played with. He was able to match me physically and mentally, and he was always bothered by knee issues at that. Methinks if he was consistantly 100% healthy he mayyy have outdone me.

The NHS already has some Oilers players who are students of the philosophys, I could name them easily because I can immediatly see their NHS influences as they initiate them on the ice. In fact if you read this last 3 paragraphs you should be able to identify the one Oiler leader most able to drag this team to a cup already because he is doing exactly as i described consistantly and has been for two years, two years of historicly documented NHS data influences being manifested on the ice by an individual is very easy to identify if the tactics are counter to tradition which the NHS is. In fact there are several individuals who have embraced this NHS system on the Oilers as per their on-ice performances and efforts and adjustments. If the coaches had any cojones and if managment had any cojones they would have already found the source of the NHS data which happens to be me, instead I was suppressed and banned from their site and the Oilers hired Darkhorse to counter my influences in an attempt to replicate my Intuative Analytic skillset, my bet is that even mentioning the NHS is a punishable offence. Statistical analysis is garbage and cannot be verified as being results based on any level whatso ever, it is like Snakeoil. The Oilers Hackathon is a blatant attempt by Darkhorse to scalp intuative analysts from cyberspace in an attempt to fill this void before their statistical analysisscam is exposed. Welcome to my world boys, I am notjust an Intuit which alone is extremely hard to find but i am an Intuit with a sports background, and ha ha ha not only an Ituit with a sports background i was ha ha ha the Most Outstanding athlete in my High School and coached 3 different athletic teams after school for 3 hrs+ 5 days a week for extra credits. There is no replicating this dynamic because the combonation of intangibles is ultra-rare. You want to hire an Intuative Analyst to help your team you want to hire me, if your team is a hockey team even more so because there is a unique special dynamic here, I NEVER played hockey at any organised level in fact I hate skating totally but I played every other sport imaginable, I was never exposed to hockey type coaching and brainwashing, so I seem to be in an interesting dynamic position where there is zero hockey coaching influencing me to any degree. Add the creation of the NHS to the package and I say my going rate is whatever the stats crooks get plus a game by game premium based on wins and losses, hell i will base all of my renumeration on wins and losses, why not.

If my approach and attitude seem odd this is normal as I am a visual thinker which is how I do what i can do. I am not a traditional thinker as most people are. I have no reverse gear and i ultra-focus, I dont ever visualise failure, it just isnt an necessary option if you plan on winning at everything you do. Competative dynamics are ALWAYS decided in the arena of competition by the men or women competing, coaches and systems and tactics all become secondary when battle is engaged. One man can catalyse the win every time, if the team believes in him and trusts him, one man can manifest victory against any opponent irregardless of skill or talent differential. It always takes a team to win but teams always need to have leaders and one type of leader is an Intuative leader like Gretzky was and like Steve Nash is.

The Oilers need to catalysearound this type of leader because they have 3 or 4 players who can provide this type of leadership and all are at different evolutionary points. One is a natural visual thinker by birth and several are learned visual thinkers who have developed the ability which IS TEACHABLE. soon the team dynamic will become clouded as their natural tendancies pull them to try to take the bull by the horns. These players need this ability to be delegated and utilised within the system immediatly. On most teams just one of them would naturally rise to the top quickly and definitively, but with so many we will end up having the wrong type of internal competition in the team dynamic if we dont begin to micro-manage these assets properly via system execution that provides tangible results, you see losing will make these types of players fall back on their individual strengths leading to a fracturing of the leadership dynamic. This group need to define its leader or leaders and it needs to see winning results soon or irrepairable damage will begin to affect the team dynamics.

We are blessed with a handfull of minds that can see the game in an elite manner, most teams are lucky to ever find just one. we do not currently have a system of play or coaches who can recognise and harness this immense asset. If we aquired the right superior system and the coaches bought in then we would be ok, but this adjusted hybrid is not good enough and the coaches dont have a better alternative either on paper or in their heads or we would be seeing it right now.

Ryan Whitney is a classic example of a one dimensional elite performer being asked to provide two dimensional support to a two dimensional system, and it just isnt going to work. This entire dynamic is the responsibility of the coaches and managment , Ryan has every right to be peeved at this blatant mismanagment so does MPS and several otherscaught in the evolutionary "system cross-fire" we are stuck in right now.

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:03 PM
  #134
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
The Oilers brought Ryan Whitney in here to quarterback an adjusted-hybrid system that used set defensive plays and transitions combined in its core value approach, Ryan was a perfect fit and is still a top ten first pass breakout man.

Two years ago the NHS was introduced to the Oilers indirectly and unofficially online. The NewAge Hockey Systems philosophys began to seep into the Oilers game bit by bit. The NHS is the evolution of the adjusted-hybrid system into a 100% offensively catalyse possesion/transition style. This is done by eliminating set plays and focusing on 3 controlled transitons.

Ryan Whitney was having trouble adjusting his first decision within the first defensive zone transition out of our end, he is an elite first pass man who has developed hard to break NHL caliber habits that help him be elite and the adjustment brings his game down to human and exposes facets his passing normally nullifies. Ryan couldnt provide the consistant variable zone pressure needed to satisfy system requirments because of the way he sees the ice. His mistakes are magnified because of his past and our teams evolution away from his being the catalyst of our offense.

Ryan was not benched due to lack of effort or performance, it isnt his injurys any more than it was that last year, the Oilers organisation has a defined lack of integrity, these exact thoughts were offered on their site last year before we turfed the season by trying to do-initiate the fast break adjusted hybrid upon Ryans return, remember we had been winning consistantly using a different system the coaches chose based on the loss of Ryan and all the rookies we had, they chose a hybrid system that used a balance of set defensive and offensive plays for 60 mins, set plays that imitated a transitional system which is the type tht maximises our talent and skillsets, so we were having excellent sucess with Whitney not in the lineup and with Potter taking his place. Potter has an above average first long pass and can also consistantly use his mobility to pressure the puck straight up-ice to mix it up. Whitney needs to catalyse his play from behind the net and wait for the forwards to set up, we cannot do this anymore because Ralph wants his defence to put pressure on the forcheck .

Oilers managment was responsible for the devaluation of Ryan Whitney over two years, and it was done because they were disorganised and lacking a system that would help them win, they were trying to keep the adjusted-hybrid running hoping it would return them to the playoffs , Ryan was brought in for this specific task, however when our team was flooded with high end talent and skillsets its size dropped a tad and its truculence also dropped a notch or two like its experience level, unfortunately for the Oilers managment group the adjusted hybrid is best manned by veterans with moxy and patience, well now we found ourselves with the opposite roster men to what the system required and it showed in our ineffective attempts to make the system work, when Ryan was hurt we were forced out of the coaches comfort zone and we turned to a simpler system that did work for us, but remember this wasnt a tactical decision by the coaches that got us all the early wins last year--- it was a bleedin fluke we even changed the system!! A combonation of Ryans injury and all the raw rookies made us stumble upon sucess.

We still dont have a suitable system and every time I try to discuss the issue online people refuse to go there, there are to many fans who arent interested in the coaching and system stuff to get much feedback and it takes a long time to post the volume of data to properly discuss the topic.

However that being said , I personally created the NewAge Hockey System with the Dynasty Oilers PP and Gretzkys on-ice managment of it as my template. I spent two years posting NHS data to the team on their site, eventually it began to sink in and was implemented in specific cases with tremendous sucess.

If we used the NHS Ryan would still be a usable system asset at the elite level, he is right now even in this adjusted-hybrid system, its the coaches who cannot bring him onto the right page, this is because they dont have the communication skills to get the job done. These clowns dont even have a structured system description or historical context of the sucessful systems the Dynasty team used. If I asked them what the equivilant to a hybrid was in their pro vocabulary they wouldnt be able to conceptualise the hybrid to give me an accurate answer. As soon as I say abandon all defensive structure and framework they panic and immediatly begin to cover and run. When I say statistical analysis is garbage and useless they turtle or fight back defending the money and resources they are wasting, when I offer Intuative Dynamic Analysis as a superior replacement to their statistical analysis they balk at me, when I show them that the NHS is verifiable with results and point out that statistical analysis is like working with a Vegas Bookie and that those analysis cannot ever be verified based on results they refuse to discuss it and turtle or run.

When I say the NHS can generate 40+ shots and 4+ goals per game it scares them but interests them, parts of the NHS have been implemented over the last two years, the NHS and my online campaign led the Oilers to hire DarkHorse Analytics so they could try to leap over my head and prove that they had the resources to illustrate how the NHS was more accurate then they were. They were wrong and Statistical analysis is a waste of time and money. I offered the entire system to the team and was treated horribly, my data was utilised but I was completely ignored officially by the team, they used NHS data and tactics and then acted as if they were just hockey tactics which they already had knowledge of, it was a joke.

Dont confuse Whitneys results this year, they are system generated. He is performing to his best levels, his coaches dont understand how their own system works well enough to properly utilise him, for gods sakes they cant even sort out their shooting tactics as per their o-zone entrys, they cant even provide puck support after the initial shots, these are symptoms of an inadequate system.

Ryan Smyth is a victim of the same system evolution and coaching inability to communicate properly. Ralph Krueger can deflect accountability via players forever if he chooses, but he will still be showing a lack of integrity through that action when his troubles are system based.

The fact is this friends, the adjusted-hybrid squeezes out about 25% more offense than a traditional hybrid like most NHL teams use, it does this through the blending of specicficly a fastbreak d-zone exit with a transitional o-zone entrance and there is no middleground, the coaches dont even understand their own system well enough to realise this. There is no more offense to be taken out of an adjusted-hybrid like Ralph is trying to use, he is doing exactly as Renney did and he is trying to tighten up the defense, first technically and now with more physicality, nothing is going to work because the adjusted hybrid is designed to stay close to a hybrid and then eke out 25% more offense over 60 mins for the competative win, there is no dominance invloved here because a traditional hybrid can easily put an adjusted hybrid into a system checkmate and vice versa, this means that the transitional aspect of the adjusted hybrid can easily be shut down by most team in the NHL today. We have a talent and skill laden team that is able to execute a system superior to the adjusted hybrid we are using and the coaches just dont have a system template that they consider superior, after all the adjusted hybrid was created by the Oilers and it is as close as they could get to reproducing the Dynast Oilers results as was humanly possible over 15 years with oodles of NHL braintrust involved, for the record Gretzky himself couldnt reproduce his own system execution -- because he was a savant not a communicator his leadership was all on ice by example and direction where he could have tactile influence to even a tiney degree, the NHS teaches players how Wayne did this, it could teach Wayne how he did this.

I know how Gretzky thought the game and i am an Intuative communicator with a competative sports background, I have developed a system of playing hockey that is closer to Wayne Gretzkys cerebral tactical perspective than anything ever created to date. The NHS is and was tailormade for the Oilers. It could be implemented in one or two practices of games on the fly. I am also an ex-athlete that didnt exactly respect hockey players growing up in Hockey country and I crushed them all the time in all other sports and enjoyed it tremendously so my attitude is a bit abrasive when it comes to tolerating the elitist crap most hockey players including pros defend and spout off. I disregard hockey traditions and tactics because I hammered even the best athletes who were predominately hockey players as a young athlete because of their obvious and solidly coached into them limitations and weaknesses from a dynamic perspective, they were coached out of creativity so early by the time they were teens they couldnt think on their feet worth a spit.

If you are a dominant athlete and a leader It is hard to explain in words to people
how you can change an entire games outcome by utilising alternative tactics, by gently structuring game dynamics to favor your side, its called the "little things" that guys do, but really it is all dynamic situational managment, and has little to do with athletic ability it is more cerebral. many times I would do out of the norm things on the field or court to remove my opponents from their comfort zones and make them start to react dynamicly, weird things that arent usual to screw up their thought processes and to add unneeded facets to the dynamic, I tried to overload them mentally from the first minute on with my own focus being the last minute. The entire competition to me was one big dynamic chess board and my own actual contribution elite as it may have been was rarely the key to winning, I spread myself around as much as I could dynamicly and used my teammates as extensions of myself. This is what Gretzky did, and i know it because i was dominant, not competative but dominant. You cannot be dominant based on your own athletic skillset, ever.

For hockey people here is an example, during a game I would use my athleticism to push a specific defender to within 80% of busting him down but I wouldnt bust him down, I would let him off the hook thinking he had outplayed me, then I would revisit the same guy and take him to 80% of being beaten again and let him off the hook, then I would pick a teammate wose talent and skill level matched the amount needed to school the target and I would then use my own skillset to exert peripheral pressure on the play dynamics and I would then "talk" to my teammate and tell him when to bust his move on my signal, and seriously I would create the proper dynamic and exert enough peripheral pressure in the right places to weaken the targeted opponent even more as my teammate acted as my hand of god and smashed the opposition through the weakened hole in their dynamic action potential.

You see people I needed everyone to play a structured system to allow me to be the floater or the general and still execute my own system responsibilitys properly, and in all my years of competing I only ran into a few athletes with this ability actually I only remember one an elite football player named Palmer I played with. He was able to match me physically and mentally, and he was always bothered by knee issues at that. Methinks if he was consistantly 100% healthy he mayyy have outdone me.

The NHS already has some Oilers players who are students of the philosophys, I could name them easily because I can immediatly see their NHS influences as they initiate them on the ice. In fact if you read this last 3 paragraphs you should be able to identify the one Oiler leader most able to drag this team to a cup already because he is doing exactly as i described consistantly and has been for two years, two years of historicly documented NHS data influences being manifested on the ice by an individual is very easy to identify if the tactics are counter to tradition which the NHS is. In fact there are several individuals who have embraced this NHS system on the Oilers as per their on-ice performances and efforts and adjustments. If the coaches had any cojones and if managment had any cojones they would have already found the source of the NHS data which happens to be me, instead I was suppressed and banned from their site and the Oilers hired Darkhorse to counter my influences in an attempt to replicate my Intuative Analytic skillset, my bet is that even mentioning the NHS is a punishable offence. Statistical analysis is garbage and cannot be verified as being results based on any level whatso ever, it is like Snakeoil. The Oilers Hackathon is a blatant attempt by Darkhorse to scalp intuative analysts from cyberspace in an attempt to fill this void before their statistical analysisscam is exposed. Welcome to my world boys, I am notjust an Intuit which alone is extremely hard to find but i am an Intuit with a sports background, and ha ha ha not only an Ituit with a sports background i was ha ha ha the Most Outstanding athlete in my High School and coached 3 different athletic teams after school for 3 hrs+ 5 days a week for extra credits. There is no replicating this dynamic because the combonation of intangibles is ultra-rare. You want to hire an Intuative Analyst to help your team you want to hire me, if your team is a hockey team even more so because there is a unique special dynamic here, I NEVER played hockey at any organised level in fact I hate skating totally but I played every other sport imaginable, I was never exposed to hockey type coaching and brainwashing, so I seem to be in an interesting dynamic position where there is zero hockey coaching influencing me to any degree. Add the creation of the NHS to the package and I say my going rate is whatever the stats crooks get plus a game by game premium based on wins and losses, hell i will base all of my renumeration on wins and losses, why not.

If my approach and attitude seem odd this is normal as I am a visual thinker which is how I do what i can do. I am not a traditional thinker as most people are. I have no reverse gear and i ultra-focus, I dont ever visualise failure, it just isnt an necessary option if you plan on winning at everything you do. Competative dynamics are ALWAYS decided in the arena of competition by the men or women competing, coaches and systems and tactics all become secondary when battle is engaged. One man can catalyse the win every time, if the team believes in him and trusts him, one man can manifest victory against any opponent irregardless of skill or talent differential. It always takes a team to win but teams always need to have leaders and one type of leader is an Intuative leader like Gretzky was and like Steve Nash is.

The Oilers need to catalysearound this type of leader because they have 3 or 4 players who can provide this type of leadership and all are at different evolutionary points. One is a natural visual thinker by birth and several are learned visual thinkers who have developed the ability which IS TEACHABLE. soon the team dynamic will become clouded as their natural tendancies pull them to try to take the bull by the horns. These players need this ability to be delegated and utilised within the system immediatly. On most teams just one of them would naturally rise to the top quickly and definitively, but with so many we will end up having the wrong type of internal competition in the team dynamic if we dont begin to micro-manage these assets properly via system execution that provides tangible results, you see losing will make these types of players fall back on their individual strengths leading to a fracturing of the leadership dynamic. This group need to define its leader or leaders and it needs to see winning results soon or irrepairable damage will begin to affect the team dynamics.

We are blessed with a handfull of minds that can see the game in an elite manner, most teams are lucky to ever find just one. we do not currently have a system of play or coaches who can recognise and harness this immense asset. If we aquired the right superior system and the coaches bought in then we would be ok, but this adjusted hybrid is not good enough and the coaches dont have a better alternative either on paper or in their heads or we would be seeing it right now.

Ryan Whitney is a classic example of a one dimensional elite performer being asked to provide two dimensional support to a two dimensional system, and it just isnt going to work. This entire dynamic is the responsibility of the coaches and managment , Ryan has every right to be peeved at this blatant mismanagment so does MPS and several otherscaught in the evolutionary "system cross-fire" we are stuck in right now.
Its literally impossible to read this and "War and Peace" at the same time.

As far as what I can discern out of your post I disagree and feel pro players should be able to make adjustments over multiple seasons. Additionally when I see Whitney getting chonically turned around like a turnstile the last that comes to mind looking at his incompetent one on one play is that its the system at fault.

You're being too clever by half in not using Occams Razor here.

Whitney is getting beat like a rented mule several times a game and probably regardless of system used.

There is no possible hockey system devised to save a D from an inability to maintain contain.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:08 PM
  #135
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,076
vCash: 500
@ Bad medicine why do you continue to post novel sized posts when many in here have politely asked you to keep them short? You do not realize how long it takes someone to scroll through those on a smart phone its painfull.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:30 PM
  #136
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
@ Bad medicine why do you continue to post novel sized posts when many in here have politely asked you to keep them short? You do not realize how long it takes someone to scroll through those on a smart phone its painfull.
Thanks for the astute reminder and good on ya for remembering to post the "many in here" part, you speak for yourself not the many.

I know it is difficult to use a smart phone when the post is long, but variety is the spice of life, and we cant have every post the same length all the time and we cant punish the odd person who chooses to post more than others either. I am not seeking special privilages I am just pointing out that we cant expect perfection and we all need to take one for the team now and then and if you are on your phone and take one for the team it is what it is. I dont post on every thread and we seem to have met in the middle here. I hope your viewing pleasure hasnt been to disrupted.

On a side note I myself dont really like having to read twenty posts that say the same thing even if they are only ten words long. You arent on Twitter and I am not on a blog, we are at opposite ends of the spectrum but both in the right place.

No harm no foul. We both belong here and so do our perspectives, I will try to keep it shorter to accomodate the tech situation and work together with everyone if you agree to relax on the word Nazi propoganda bandwagon by attempting to flame up other posters by using terminology like "many in here". It isnt necessary to try to recruit more negative comments this way . It is nice that you are keeping score of the length of others posts but if you focused that time on scrolling down we wouldnt be talking about it would we? Or are you really waiting for a few more posters to agree with you so you can fan the flames?

I dont mind when someone expresses their perspective to me and asks me to make an adjustment but I dont like it when i am bullied by someone trying to recruit others by flaming me even a tad, and then waiting to smell the smoke when others possibly show up and join in. No offense and there are obviously people who feel like both of us but you dont have a right to utilise others opinions who arent here now to make your own point, trust me you are clear enough on your own. If you want to initiate a poll then just post one, its ok.

I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine. I will make an effort to keep the post shorter so it is easier to use phones to read the thread, but I cant gaurantee to satisfy your comfort zone every time, rest assured i will make a fair effort though.

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:35 PM
  #137
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
Thanks for the astute reminder and good on ya for remembering to post the "many in here" part, you speak for yourself not the many.

I know it is difficult to use a smart phone when the post is long, but variety is the spice of life, and we cant have every post the same length all the time and we cant punish the odd person who chooses to post more than others either. I am not seeking special privilages I am just pointing out that we cant expect perfection and we all need to take one for the team now and then and if you are on your phone and take one for the team it is what it is. I dont post on every thread and we seem to have met in the middle here. I hope your viewing pleasure hasnt been to disrupted.

On a side note I myself dont really like having to read twenty posts that say the same thing even if they are only ten words long. You arent on Twitter and I am not on a blog, we are at opposite ends of the spectrum but both in the right place.

No harm no foul. We both belong here and so do our perspectives, I will try to keep it shorter to accomodate the tech situation and work together with everyone if you agree to relax on the word Nazi propoganda bandwagon by attempting to flame up other posters by using terminology like "many in here". It isnt necessary to try to recruit more negative comments this way . It is nice that you are keeping score of the length of others posts but if you focused that time on scrolling down we wouldnt be talking about it would we? Or are you really waiting for a few more posters to agree with you so you can fan the flames?

I dont mind when someone expresses their perspective to me and asks me to make an adjustment but I dont like it when i am bullied by someone trying to recruit others by flaming me even a tad, and then waiting to smell the smoke when others possibly show up and join in. No offense and there are obviously people who feel like both of us but you dont have a right to utilise others opinions who arent here now to make your own point, trust me you are clear enough on your own. If you want to initiate a poll then just post one, its ok.

I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine. I will make an effort to keep the post shorter so it is easier to use phones to read the thread, but I cant gaurantee to satisfy your comfort zone every time, rest assured i will make a fair effort though.
I asked a simple ? I am not the flaming type, I have seen many posts from people asking you to shorten them and countless tl:dr remarks. I did start a account because My experience lurking this Hf Oiler site became painfull when your posts was ruining my experience on my phone . But whatever do what you do cheers. Hope this short response is not considered flaming.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:59 PM
  #138
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its literally impossible to read this and "War and Peace" at the same time.

As far as what I can discern out of your post I disagree and feel pro players should be able to make adjustments over multiple seasons. Additionally when I see Whitney getting chonically turned around like a turnstile the last that comes to mind looking at his incompetent one on one play is that its the system at fault.

You're being too clever by half in not using Occams Razor here.

Whitney is getting beat like a rented mule several times a game and probably regardless of system used.

There is no possible hockey system devised to save a D from an inability to maintain contain.
Pro players can and do make adjustments systemwise , they normally take their average game and adjust it right to average again. When you are talking about an elite player like Whitney you arent talking average dynamics, elite players are normally one dimensioal and this is how they attain elite results. Because they are one dimensional system adjustments affect them more tan the average Joe out on the ice, they are specialists and that is what it is. You dont choose to aknowledge this fact. So be it.

If you choose to focus on the individual with your curative analysis as opposed to the system thats ok, one dimensional thinking is exactly what took the players to the point where you noticed their performance. Some see the player at fault and some see the system at fault.

Whitney is caught in a system evolution, it is what it is.

There is most definately a system that helps d-men maintain contain, it is based on proper gapping combined with a half and a full-rink cycle and it is called the NewAge Hockey System. Individuals dont "maintain contain" on their own man, peripheral support from an adequate system execution "maintains contain", Whitney cant maintain contain as per adjusted hybrid system requirements, if he was able to play within different system parameters he wouldnt be being beaten so often and so cleanly. In fact if the adjusted hybrid was executed as we have done for all but the last 2 years Ryan would be excelling, but we are trying to incorporate more transitional direction into the adjusted hybrid, this will not work with or without Whitney because the adjusted hybrid comes with a set play defensive structure that Whitney fits to a tee , Ralph can continue to look for solutions within the roster all he wants to and it wont create any more goals than this system has traditionally created and this adjusted hybrid has never been an offensive powerhouse. Oilers managment keeps the illusion alive that this is close to the Dynast system, they are nuts.

The Oilers are simply trying to squeeze more offense out of a system that was never created or designed to support dominant offense, it was designed to create competative offense and competative defense, to use set play structured fastbreak defense and to use a transitional offensive zone approach. Its that simple.

I like the "maintain contain" phrase, ha ha ha, no one can consistantly maintain contain one on one in any team sport, its not possible. An individual assignment systemwise is ALWAYS supported by more than one player. There is no such thing as individual failure. Ralph Kruegers system is being beaten like a rented mule, ha ha ha. Ryan is consistantly unable to maintain forward pressure on the forcheck as Ralphs system requires, thats it thats all. Nothing else is wrong. There is no phantom ankle injury no physical restrictions, the system has changed and Ryan is having trouble adjusting to his new responsibilitys. His skillset and talent are still 100% there. he needs to be supporting Smyth-Horcs-Hemmer on the 3rd line and they ought to be kept as a fastbreak line with Whitney supporting them but Krueger want system continuity from all lines equally, it is a sensible approach from a coach.

Ralph cannot manage a system that is catalysed by more than one style on more than one line, who could?? There is no currently utilised system designed to incorporate many different dynamic styles on a line by line basis except the NewAge Hockey System and it isnt officially being used anywhere in its full capacity at the moment. If Ralph or a minion posts and asks they shall recieve the data in full. I created the NHS and can assure you that it is superior to anything you have played or watched or been coached to understand.

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:00 PM
  #139
Ramrod
Happily outscoring
 
Ramrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schremp since 2000
Posts: 1,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
Thanks for the astute reminder and good on ya for remembering to post the "many in here" part, you speak for yourself not the many.

I know it is difficult to use a smart phone when the post is long, but variety is the spice of life, and we cant have every post the same length all the time and we cant punish the odd person who chooses to post more than others either. I am not seeking special privilages I am just pointing out that we cant expect perfection and we all need to take one for the team now and then and if you are on your phone and take one for the team it is what it is. I dont post on every thread and we seem to have met in the middle here. I hope your viewing pleasure hasnt been to disrupted.

On a side note I myself dont really like having to read twenty posts that say the same thing even if they are only ten words long. You arent on Twitter and I am not on a blog, we are at opposite ends of the spectrum but both in the right place.

No harm no foul. We both belong here and so do our perspectives, I will try to keep it shorter to accomodate the tech situation and work together with everyone if you agree to relax on the word Nazi propoganda bandwagon by attempting to flame up other posters by using terminology like "many in here". It isnt necessary to try to recruit more negative comments this way . It is nice that you are keeping score of the length of others posts but if you focused that time on scrolling down we wouldnt be talking about it would we? Or are you really waiting for a few more posters to agree with you so you can fan the flames?

I dont mind when someone expresses their perspective to me and asks me to make an adjustment but I dont like it when i am bullied by someone trying to recruit others by flaming me even a tad, and then waiting to smell the smoke when others possibly show up and join in. No offense and there are obviously people who feel like both of us but you dont have a right to utilise others opinions who arent here now to make your own point, trust me you are clear enough on your own. If you want to initiate a poll then just post one, its ok.

I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine. I will make an effort to keep the post shorter so it is easier to use phones to read the thread, but I cant gaurantee to satisfy your comfort zone every time, rest assured i will make a fair effort though.
Your signal to noise ratio is very low.

Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:24 PM
  #140
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I asked a simple ? I am not the flaming type, I have seen many posts from people asking you to shorten them and countless tl:dr remarks. I did start a account because My experience lurking this Hf Oiler site became painfull when your posts was ruining my experience on my phone . But whatever do what you do cheers. Hope this short response is not considered flaming.
Gotcha, "many posts from people"{recruiting the minions again?} "and countless remarks", and my long posts "forced" you to start an account because it was "to painfull" to read on your phone. 'ruining your experience??" what can I say to that you are textbook. Glad you have an account now , I understood your question and also the dynamic reaction you were trying to instigate in the periphery by speaking for the "many people" who arent here now. I understand you know very well what those types of comments cause, as I said you are looking to recruit support here on this thread and that is flaming wether it is you or another poster who first gets their hands dirty.

Call it sparking then instead of flaming if it is more comfortable.

Nothing personal, I am reacting to the recruitment of people who arent here to speak for themselves and the dynamic result intended or not, I respect that you werent trying to outright flame me here but I have been online on many forums enough to recognise the subtle dynamics that cause trouble if not addressed.

I speak for myself and you speak for yourself, we dont need to reference people who arent here. Every perspective has supporters online and its the call out to them that causes most of the trouble on threads. If my reaction was to call out to people who like longer posts eventually some would react and post, but then we are having a battle of perspective instead of meeting in the middle.

It aint Twitter and it aint a Blog, so lets meet in the middle and be happy. My apologies for causing you hardship with your technology, I will try to accomodate and hopfully things will get better for both of us. No harm no foul.

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:26 PM
  #141
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Your signal to noise ratio is very low.
Welcome to the Bandwagon, hope you enjoy your stay now that youve hopped on but the show is movng on now.

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:35 PM
  #142
Vagabond
Registered User
 
Vagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Ask anybody who knows me.. I was a huge Whitney fan. I was stoked when we got him.
Now, I'm massively disappointed in his attitude and on-ice play. As Replacement mentioned.. "he was beat like a rented mule several times a game" and rightfully stated. Whitney has been playing like a 'Debbie Downer'. Did he deserve to be benched for three games? Absolutely! Good for Kruegs! Hopefully Whitney can swallow his pride and act like a pro for the first time in two years! I know he has it in him.

Now for Ryan Smyth! Again.. I was always a Ryan Smyth fan. I still am. Did he deserve to be benched for a game? Absolutely! His discipline issues were terrible. His effort was semi-lacking as well. His pk'ing has been nice tho. Hopefully he can pickup where he began last season. I still think Smyth has that burning desire as he always had. I feel he might be having a hard time playing a lesser role than he's use to. What he doesn't realize tho is; his role isn't any lesser.. its just not an offensive one as it was in the past. He needs to start showing his leadership and work ethic that we all witnessed in the past.

I hope Krueger continues to bench players that rightfully deserves to be benched!

That being said!

I crave seeing Hall play Center for a few games. He has the make-up for a perfect Centerman in this league in my opinion. He's strong, fast and knowledgeable. He's shown that he can dominate in the circle.. albeit in small window frame of opportunity.


Last edited by Vagabond: 02-15-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: grammer
Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:30 PM
  #143
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
Pro players can and do make adjustments systemwise , they normally take their average game and adjust it right to average again. When you are talking about an elite player like Whitney you arent talking average dynamics, elite players are normally one dimensioal and this is how they attain elite results. Because they are one dimensional system adjustments affect them more tan the average Joe out on the ice, they are specialists and that is what it is. You dont choose to aknowledge this fact. So be it.

If you choose to focus on the individual with your curative analysis as opposed to the system thats ok, one dimensional thinking is exactly what took the players to the point where you noticed their performance. Some see the player at fault and some see the system at fault.

Whitney is caught in a system evolution, it is what it is.

There is most definately a system that helps d-men maintain contain, it is based on proper gapping combined with a half and a full-rink cycle and it is called the NewAge Hockey System. Individuals dont "maintain contain" on their own man, peripheral support from an adequate system execution "maintains contain", Whitney cant maintain contain as per adjusted hybrid system requirements, if he was able to play within different system parameters he wouldnt be being beaten so often and so cleanly. In fact if the adjusted hybrid was executed as we have done for all but the last 2 years Ryan would be excelling, but we are trying to incorporate more transitional direction into the adjusted hybrid, this will not work with or without Whitney because the adjusted hybrid comes with a set play defensive structure that Whitney fits to a tee , Ralph can continue to look for solutions within the roster all he wants to and it wont create any more goals than this system has traditionally created and this adjusted hybrid has never been an offensive powerhouse. Oilers managment keeps the illusion alive that this is close to the Dynast system, they are nuts.

The Oilers are simply trying to squeeze more offense out of a system that was never created or designed to support dominant offense, it was designed to create competative offense and competative defense, to use set play structured fastbreak defense and to use a transitional offensive zone approach. Its that simple.

I like the "maintain contain" phrase, ha ha ha, no one can consistantly maintain contain one on one in any team sport, its not possible. An individual assignment systemwise is ALWAYS supported by more than one player. There is no such thing as individual failure. Ralph Kruegers system is being beaten like a rented mule, ha ha ha. Ryan is consistantly unable to maintain forward pressure on the forcheck as Ralphs system requires, thats it thats all. Nothing else is wrong. There is no phantom ankle injury no physical restrictions, the system has changed and Ryan is having trouble adjusting to his new responsibilitys. His skillset and talent are still 100% there. he needs to be supporting Smyth-Horcs-Hemmer on the 3rd line and they ought to be kept as a fastbreak line with Whitney supporting them but Krueger want system continuity from all lines equally, it is a sensible approach from a coach.

Ralph cannot manage a system that is catalysed by more than one style on more than one line, who could?? There is no currently utilised system designed to incorporate many different dynamic styles on a line by line basis except the NewAge Hockey System and it isnt officially being used anywhere in its full capacity at the moment. If Ralph or a minion posts and asks they shall recieve the data in full. I created the NHS and can assure you that it is superior to anything you have played or watched or been coached to understand.
You can write 16 paragraphs and it still doesn't explain or excuse, that most times Whitney if facing a one on one situation he ends up getting taken to the cleaners.

A good D, like Willy Mitchell can deal with one on one attacks, one on one breaks all day. Whitney, not so much. Regardless of what his teammates are doing Whitney is chronically losing his man, and losing positioning and letting guys walk in.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:36 PM
  #144
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,276
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
Thanks for the astute reminder and good on ya for remembering to post the "many in here" part, you speak for yourself not the many.

I know it is difficult to use a smart phone when the post is long, but variety is the spice of life, and we cant have every post the same length all the time and we cant punish the odd person who chooses to post more than others either. I am not seeking special privilages I am just pointing out that we cant expect perfection and we all need to take one for the team now and then and if you are on your phone and take one for the team it is what it is. I dont post on every thread and we seem to have met in the middle here. I hope your viewing pleasure hasnt been to disrupted.

On a side note I myself dont really like having to read twenty posts that say the same thing even if they are only ten words long. You arent on Twitter and I am not on a blog, we are at opposite ends of the spectrum but both in the right place.

No harm no foul. We both belong here and so do our perspectives, I will try to keep it shorter to accomodate the tech situation and work together with everyone if you agree to relax on the word Nazi propoganda bandwagon by attempting to flame up other posters by using terminology like "many in here". It isnt necessary to try to recruit more negative comments this way . It is nice that you are keeping score of the length of others posts but if you focused that time on scrolling down we wouldnt be talking about it would we? Or are you really waiting for a few more posters to agree with you so you can fan the flames?

I dont mind when someone expresses their perspective to me and asks me to make an adjustment but I dont like it when i am bullied by someone trying to recruit others by flaming me even a tad, and then waiting to smell the smoke when others possibly show up and join in. No offense and there are obviously people who feel like both of us but you dont have a right to utilise others opinions who arent here now to make your own point, trust me you are clear enough on your own. If you want to initiate a poll then just post one, its ok.

I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine. I will make an effort to keep the post shorter so it is easier to use phones to read the thread, but I cant gaurantee to satisfy your comfort zone every time, rest assured i will make a fair effort though.
He isnt the only one.

Not by a long shot.

Feel free to post your tldr novels, but it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to read them.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:54 AM
  #145
soothsayer
Registered User
 
soothsayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
The Oilers brought Ryan Whitney in here to quarterback an adjusted-hybrid system that used set defensive plays and transitions combined in its core value approach, Ryan was a perfect fit and is still a top ten first pass breakout man.

Two years ago the NHS was introduced to the Oilers indirectly and unofficially online. The NewAge Hockey Systems philosophys began to seep into the Oilers game bit by bit. The NHS is the evolution of the adjusted-hybrid system into a 100% offensively catalyse possesion/transition style. This is done by eliminating set plays and focusing on 3 controlled transitons.

Ryan Whitney was having trouble adjusting his first decision within the first defensive zone transition out of our end, he is an elite first pass man who has developed hard to break NHL caliber habits that help him be elite and the adjustment brings his game down to human and exposes facets his passing normally nullifies. Ryan couldnt provide the consistant variable zone pressure needed to satisfy system requirments because of the way he sees the ice. His mistakes are magnified because of his past and our teams evolution away from his being the catalyst of our offense.

Ryan was not benched due to lack of effort or performance, it isnt his injurys any more than it was that last year, the Oilers organisation has a defined lack of integrity, these exact thoughts were offered on their site last year before we turfed the season by trying to do-initiate the fast break adjusted hybrid upon Ryans return, remember we had been winning consistantly using a different system the coaches chose based on the loss of Ryan and all the rookies we had, they chose a hybrid system that used a balance of set defensive and offensive plays for 60 mins, set plays that imitated a transitional system which is the type tht maximises our talent and skillsets, so we were having excellent sucess with Whitney not in the lineup and with Potter taking his place. Potter has an above average first long pass and can also consistantly use his mobility to pressure the puck straight up-ice to mix it up. Whitney needs to catalyse his play from behind the net and wait for the forwards to set up, we cannot do this anymore because Ralph wants his defence to put pressure on the forcheck .

Oilers managment was responsible for the devaluation of Ryan Whitney over two years, and it was done because they were disorganised and lacking a system that would help them win, they were trying to keep the adjusted-hybrid running hoping it would return them to the playoffs , Ryan was brought in for this specific task, however when our team was flooded with high end talent and skillsets its size dropped a tad and its truculence also dropped a notch or two like its experience level, unfortunately for the Oilers managment group the adjusted hybrid is best manned by veterans with moxy and patience, well now we found ourselves with the opposite roster men to what the system required and it showed in our ineffective attempts to make the system work, when Ryan was hurt we were forced out of the coaches comfort zone and we turned to a simpler system that did work for us, but remember this wasnt a tactical decision by the coaches that got us all the early wins last year--- it was a bleedin fluke we even changed the system!! A combonation of Ryans injury and all the raw rookies made us stumble upon sucess.

We still dont have a suitable system and every time I try to discuss the issue online people refuse to go there, there are to many fans who arent interested in the coaching and system stuff to get much feedback and it takes a long time to post the volume of data to properly discuss the topic.

However that being said , I personally created the NewAge Hockey System with the Dynasty Oilers PP and Gretzkys on-ice managment of it as my template. I spent two years posting NHS data to the team on their site, eventually it began to sink in and was implemented in specific cases with tremendous sucess.

If we used the NHS Ryan would still be a usable system asset at the elite level, he is right now even in this adjusted-hybrid system, its the coaches who cannot bring him onto the right page, this is because they dont have the communication skills to get the job done. These clowns dont even have a structured system description or historical context of the sucessful systems the Dynasty team used. If I asked them what the equivilant to a hybrid was in their pro vocabulary they wouldnt be able to conceptualise the hybrid to give me an accurate answer. As soon as I say abandon all defensive structure and framework they panic and immediatly begin to cover and run. When I say statistical analysis is garbage and useless they turtle or fight back defending the money and resources they are wasting, when I offer Intuative Dynamic Analysis as a superior replacement to their statistical analysis they balk at me, when I show them that the NHS is verifiable with results and point out that statistical analysis is like working with a Vegas Bookie and that those analysis cannot ever be verified based on results they refuse to discuss it and turtle or run.

When I say the NHS can generate 40+ shots and 4+ goals per game it scares them but interests them, parts of the NHS have been implemented over the last two years, the NHS and my online campaign led the Oilers to hire DarkHorse Analytics so they could try to leap over my head and prove that they had the resources to illustrate how the NHS was more accurate then they were. They were wrong and Statistical analysis is a waste of time and money. I offered the entire system to the team and was treated horribly, my data was utilised but I was completely ignored officially by the team, they used NHS data and tactics and then acted as if they were just hockey tactics which they already had knowledge of, it was a joke.

Dont confuse Whitneys results this year, they are system generated. He is performing to his best levels, his coaches dont understand how their own system works well enough to properly utilise him, for gods sakes they cant even sort out their shooting tactics as per their o-zone entrys, they cant even provide puck support after the initial shots, these are symptoms of an inadequate system.

Ryan Smyth is a victim of the same system evolution and coaching inability to communicate properly. Ralph Krueger can deflect accountability via players forever if he chooses, but he will still be showing a lack of integrity through that action when his troubles are system based.

The fact is this friends, the adjusted-hybrid squeezes out about 25% more offense than a traditional hybrid like most NHL teams use, it does this through the blending of specicficly a fastbreak d-zone exit with a transitional o-zone entrance and there is no middleground, the coaches dont even understand their own system well enough to realise this. There is no more offense to be taken out of an adjusted-hybrid like Ralph is trying to use, he is doing exactly as Renney did and he is trying to tighten up the defense, first technically and now with more physicality, nothing is going to work because the adjusted hybrid is designed to stay close to a hybrid and then eke out 25% more offense over 60 mins for the competative win, there is no dominance invloved here because a traditional hybrid can easily put an adjusted hybrid into a system checkmate and vice versa, this means that the transitional aspect of the adjusted hybrid can easily be shut down by most team in the NHL today. We have a talent and skill laden team that is able to execute a system superior to the adjusted hybrid we are using and the coaches just dont have a system template that they consider superior, after all the adjusted hybrid was created by the Oilers and it is as close as they could get to reproducing the Dynast Oilers results as was humanly possible over 15 years with oodles of NHL braintrust involved, for the record Gretzky himself couldnt reproduce his own system execution -- because he was a savant not a communicator his leadership was all on ice by example and direction where he could have tactile influence to even a tiney degree, the NHS teaches players how Wayne did this, it could teach Wayne how he did this.

I know how Gretzky thought the game and i am an Intuative communicator with a competative sports background, I have developed a system of playing hockey that is closer to Wayne Gretzkys cerebral tactical perspective than anything ever created to date. The NHS is and was tailormade for the Oilers. It could be implemented in one or two practices of games on the fly. I am also an ex-athlete that didnt exactly respect hockey players growing up in Hockey country and I crushed them all the time in all other sports and enjoyed it tremendously so my attitude is a bit abrasive when it comes to tolerating the elitist crap most hockey players including pros defend and spout off. I disregard hockey traditions and tactics because I hammered even the best athletes who were predominately hockey players as a young athlete because of their obvious and solidly coached into them limitations and weaknesses from a dynamic perspective, they were coached out of creativity so early by the time they were teens they couldnt think on their feet worth a spit.

If you are a dominant athlete and a leader It is hard to explain in words to people
how you can change an entire games outcome by utilising alternative tactics, by gently structuring game dynamics to favor your side, its called the "little things" that guys do, but really it is all dynamic situational managment, and has little to do with athletic ability it is more cerebral. many times I would do out of the norm things on the field or court to remove my opponents from their comfort zones and make them start to react dynamicly, weird things that arent usual to screw up their thought processes and to add unneeded facets to the dynamic, I tried to overload them mentally from the first minute on with my own focus being the last minute. The entire competition to me was one big dynamic chess board and my own actual contribution elite as it may have been was rarely the key to winning, I spread myself around as much as I could dynamicly and used my teammates as extensions of myself. This is what Gretzky did, and i know it because i was dominant, not competative but dominant. You cannot be dominant based on your own athletic skillset, ever.

For hockey people here is an example, during a game I would use my athleticism to push a specific defender to within 80% of busting him down but I wouldnt bust him down, I would let him off the hook thinking he had outplayed me, then I would revisit the same guy and take him to 80% of being beaten again and let him off the hook, then I would pick a teammate wose talent and skill level matched the amount needed to school the target and I would then use my own skillset to exert peripheral pressure on the play dynamics and I would then "talk" to my teammate and tell him when to bust his move on my signal, and seriously I would create the proper dynamic and exert enough peripheral pressure in the right places to weaken the targeted opponent even more as my teammate acted as my hand of god and smashed the opposition through the weakened hole in their dynamic action potential.

You see people I needed everyone to play a structured system to allow me to be the floater or the general and still execute my own system responsibilitys properly, and in all my years of competing I only ran into a few athletes with this ability actually I only remember one an elite football player named Palmer I played with. He was able to match me physically and mentally, and he was always bothered by knee issues at that. Methinks if he was consistantly 100% healthy he mayyy have outdone me.

The NHS already has some Oilers players who are students of the philosophys, I could name them easily because I can immediatly see their NHS influences as they initiate them on the ice. In fact if you read this last 3 paragraphs you should be able to identify the one Oiler leader most able to drag this team to a cup already because he is doing exactly as i described consistantly and has been for two years, two years of historicly documented NHS data influences being manifested on the ice by an individual is very easy to identify if the tactics are counter to tradition which the NHS is. In fact there are several individuals who have embraced this NHS system on the Oilers as per their on-ice performances and efforts and adjustments. If the coaches had any cojones and if managment had any cojones they would have already found the source of the NHS data which happens to be me, instead I was suppressed and banned from their site and the Oilers hired Darkhorse to counter my influences in an attempt to replicate my Intuative Analytic skillset, my bet is that even mentioning the NHS is a punishable offence. Statistical analysis is garbage and cannot be verified as being results based on any level whatso ever, it is like Snakeoil. The Oilers Hackathon is a blatant attempt by Darkhorse to scalp intuative analysts from cyberspace in an attempt to fill this void before their statistical analysisscam is exposed. Welcome to my world boys, I am notjust an Intuit which alone is extremely hard to find but i am an Intuit with a sports background, and ha ha ha not only an Ituit with a sports background i was ha ha ha the Most Outstanding athlete in my High School and coached 3 different athletic teams after school for 3 hrs+ 5 days a week for extra credits. There is no replicating this dynamic because the combonation of intangibles is ultra-rare. You want to hire an Intuative Analyst to help your team you want to hire me, if your team is a hockey team even more so because there is a unique special dynamic here, I NEVER played hockey at any organised level in fact I hate skating totally but I played every other sport imaginable, I was never exposed to hockey type coaching and brainwashing, so I seem to be in an interesting dynamic position where there is zero hockey coaching influencing me to any degree. Add the creation of the NHS to the package and I say my going rate is whatever the stats crooks get plus a game by game premium based on wins and losses, hell i will base all of my renumeration on wins and losses, why not.

If my approach and attitude seem odd this is normal as I am a visual thinker which is how I do what i can do. I am not a traditional thinker as most people are. I have no reverse gear and i ultra-focus, I dont ever visualise failure, it just isnt an necessary option if you plan on winning at everything you do. Competative dynamics are ALWAYS decided in the arena of competition by the men or women competing, coaches and systems and tactics all become secondary when battle is engaged. One man can catalyse the win every time, if the team believes in him and trusts him, one man can manifest victory against any opponent irregardless of skill or talent differential. It always takes a team to win but teams always need to have leaders and one type of leader is an Intuative leader like Gretzky was and like Steve Nash is.

The Oilers need to catalysearound this type of leader because they have 3 or 4 players who can provide this type of leadership and all are at different evolutionary points. One is a natural visual thinker by birth and several are learned visual thinkers who have developed the ability which IS TEACHABLE. soon the team dynamic will become clouded as their natural tendancies pull them to try to take the bull by the horns. These players need this ability to be delegated and utilised within the system immediatly. On most teams just one of them would naturally rise to the top quickly and definitively, but with so many we will end up having the wrong type of internal competition in the team dynamic if we dont begin to micro-manage these assets properly via system execution that provides tangible results, you see losing will make these types of players fall back on their individual strengths leading to a fracturing of the leadership dynamic. This group need to define its leader or leaders and it needs to see winning results soon or irrepairable damage will begin to affect the team dynamics.

We are blessed with a handfull of minds that can see the game in an elite manner, most teams are lucky to ever find just one. we do not currently have a system of play or coaches who can recognise and harness this immense asset. If we aquired the right superior system and the coaches bought in then we would be ok, but this adjusted hybrid is not good enough and the coaches dont have a better alternative either on paper or in their heads or we would be seeing it right now.

Ryan Whitney is a classic example of a one dimensional elite performer being asked to provide two dimensional support to a two dimensional system, and it just isnt going to work. This entire dynamic is the responsibility of the coaches and managment , Ryan has every right to be peeved at this blatant mismanagment so does MPS and several otherscaught in the evolutionary "system cross-fire" we are stuck in right now.
I disagree.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:26 AM
  #146
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,941
vCash: 50
LOL... with all these quotes, this page may be the longest scroll job in the history of the HFboards.

Server error... 0 Terabytes left in storage space.

nexttothemoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:51 AM
  #147
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра
 
Comrade Blunderbore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: КПЗ
Country: New Zealand-Maori
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 50
everyone quoting full BadMedicine's posts is almost as sinful as the infamous novelist himself.

Comrade Blunderbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:14 AM
  #148
Nail and Nuge
Registered User
 
Nail and Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
The "I disagree" comment after a fifteen chapter, two appendices post made my evening.

Dude, Brevity is the soul of wit. You may have very informed opinions, but your delivery is ruining your material. I am interested in reading what you have to say as you have obviously invested a lot of thought in to them- but the length...egads.

Nail and Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:18 AM
  #149
chambers
Registered User
 
chambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
BadMedicine - TL;DR that stuff man. I want to know the gist of what you're saying and then I would maybe read the details. Put a bolded summary of your point before your wall of text and help us out!

chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:16 AM
  #150
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,631
vCash: 50
Holy cats, enough of the novelesque posts on New Age Systems etc.

It really doesn't have to be that difficult a read, and can be summed up in a much more abrupt fashion.

Here is the Coles Notes:

Whitney was benched because he is not using gap control in the appropriate fashion.
Until he gets it, he gets sat. It's that simple. If a pro player cannot pick this up quickly, there is a couple of ways to look at it.

He is either a slow learner, or his body can't do what he knows he has to do. Or, he's too set in his ways to change, which I hope is not the case.

Let's just see if Whitney "gets it" tonight against the Avs.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.