HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
  #651
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,495
vCash: 500
Don't forget Erne is younger than the rest(right? I may need to double check my facts)

slightlystewpid420 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 09:44 PM
  #652
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,583
vCash: 500
I love Erne

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Don't forget Erne is younger than the rest(right? I may need to double check my facts)
hopefully he falls to us with our 3rd 1st rounder

LetsGOJackets!! is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 09:55 PM
  #653
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Don't forget Erne is younger than the rest(right? I may need to double check my facts)
Born Sept 1995. I think that puts him in the middle of first time draft eligible guys

EspenK is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 10:00 PM
  #654
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Don't forget Erne is younger than the rest(right? I may need to double check my facts)
Apr. 20, 1995. The cutoff is September 15, 1995.

Just think...almost no one in this year's draft class was even alive for the first lockout.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 10:21 PM
  #655
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Apr. 20, 1995. The cutoff is September 15, 1995.

Just think...almost no one in this year's draft class was even alive for the first lockout.
Went brain dead. Looked up Erne had April. looked up age requirements. Put Sept. Getting old is hell.

EspenK is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 06:53 AM
  #656
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
If the season ended today, we pick no worse than 2 & 3. Would be nice.

EspenK is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 08:54 AM
  #657
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
If the season ended today, we pick no worse than 2 & 3. Would be nice.
I don't know if I want us to beat LA or lose! Haha

slightlystewpid420 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 08:59 AM
  #658
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I don't know if I want us to beat LA or lose! Haha
Win, We know we're pretty good at losing on our own, so it doesn't hurt to help LA lose some more as well.

Skraut is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:08 AM
  #659
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
We need to beat LA. They've got a pretty easy stretch of games at home. They could see a big jump in the standings over the next two weeks if they beat up on the easier competition. Don't want to see that, personally. We need them in the basement.

Would be nice if the Rangers stopped getting points too.

FANonymous is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:16 AM
  #660
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,116
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I don't know if I want us to beat LA or lose! Haha
Tanking is for the faithless, the honorless, and the Edmonton Oilers.

Destroy LA.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:40 AM
  #661
alphafox
Registered User
 
alphafox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
We need to beat LA. They've got a pretty easy stretch of games at home. They could see a big jump in the standings over the next two weeks if they beat up on the easier competition. Don't want to see that, personally. We need them in the basement.

Would be nice if the Rangers stopped getting points too.
Very true, this really is a critical point in the season for teams at the bottom. The bottom 4 in the west are quickly losing ground on a playoff spot and they don't make a move soon they are going to be out of the playoff hunt. This is a brutal stretch for us (after LA our next 7 games are against playoff teams including 4 in division) which will likely finish off whatever playoff hopes we have. We need to deny LA any points we can.

alphafox is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:31 AM
  #662
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
I want them to play their best hockey every game. if we get beat, that's one thing but I want the culture change to continue and that's playing the game the right way, gunning for wins and leave it on the ice. Let the chips fall where they may.......

Xoggz22 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:35 AM
  #663
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Apr. 20, 1995. The cutoff is September 15, 1995.

Just think...almost no one in this year's draft class was even alive for the first lockout.
Just when you don't think you can feel any older, your read this.

None of these guys know the joy of playing EA's NHL '95. "Y'all ready for this..."

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:05 AM
  #664
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Just when you don't think you can feel any older, your read this.

None of these guys know the joy of playing EA's NHL '95. "Y'all ready for this..."
I didn't feel old until after Michael Jackson died, when I overheard a group of college students wondering what the big deal was about "some creepy pedo singer".

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 02:18 PM
  #665
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,116
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I didn't feel old until after Michael Jackson died, when I overheard a group of college students wondering what the big deal was about "some creepy pedo singer".
Oy. I got a reminder of my age two days ago with Opera's Webkit switch.
(Mostly due to Microsoft's reaction to same, and the fact that Dad used to work for DEC. And if you get how these things are related and why it would make me feel old, you are a NEEEERRRRRD.)

Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 02:19 PM
  #666
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Watched Nichushkin playing in the KHL yesterday. This 17 years old kid is gonna be elite power forward, very strong on his skates with a lot of offensive tools. At the WJC he made Seth Jones look bad.
No surprise that ISS in February ranked Nichushkin 2nd just behind Seth Jones:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416049

Barkov dropped to 7th, Shinkaruk to 13th, Erne to 26th, and Mantha out of top-30. Lazar jumped to 11th and Zadorov to 6th. Some crazy movement is going on and a lot of controversy between different rankings. So much for Finn to figure out.

bizzz* is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
  #667
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Tanking is for the faithless, the honorless, and the Edmonton Oilers.

Destroy LA.
agreed. Destroy LA and THEN start tanking.

bizzz* is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 02:41 PM
  #668
jaxfan45385
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
For all you guys talking about having the #1 pick. If I am not mistaking, under the new cba all teams that miss the playoff will be treated the same. No limits on how far up or down you can fall. So the 17th place team (best team not making the playoffs) can win the 1st pick, and the worse team can end up picking 14th.

So if we end up with 2 picks in the lottery, we could essentially pick 1 - 2, or 13 - 14.

jaxfan45385 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 02:44 PM
  #669
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,116
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
agreed. Destroy LA and THEN start tanking.
...you say you agree with me, and then advocate tanking after I decry and mock it.

I'm all confused.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
  #670
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,116
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfan45385 View Post
For all you guys talking about having the #1 pick. If I am not mistaking, under the new cba all teams that miss the playoff will be treated the same. No limits on how far up or down you can fall. So the 17th place team (best team not making the playoffs) can win the 1st pick, and the worse team can end up picking 14th.

So if we end up with 2 picks in the lottery, we could essentially pick 1 - 2, or 13 - 14.
There is no limit on moving up if you are a non-playoff team. You can still only fall 1 spot maximum.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
  #671
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfan45385 View Post
For all you guys talking about having the #1 pick. If I am not mistaking, under the new cba all teams that miss the playoff will be treated the same. No limits on how far up or down you can fall. So the 17th place team (best team not making the playoffs) can win the 1st pick, and the worse team can end up picking 14th.

So if we end up with 2 picks in the lottery, we could essentially pick 1 - 2, or 13 - 14.
I believe you can still only drop one spot worst case. They only raffle off the first overall pick, so 17th place can theoretically move up to #1 albeit with the lowest odds to do so but the 30th place team can get no worse than #2, and so on.

Ludicrous Speed is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 03:09 PM
  #672
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...you say you agree with me, and then advocate tanking after I decry and mock it.

I'm all confused.
Don't see any controversy. I agreed that tanking is for faithless, the honorless, and the Edmonton Oilers. And I wanna the Jackets to be faithless the way the Pens and Hawks were. We went through many years of stupid demonstration of faith, and that still hurts this franchise. Tanking is faithless by definition.

bizzz* is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
  #673
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,116
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Don't see any controversy. I agreed that tanking is for faithless, the honorless, and the Edmonton Oilers. And I wanna the Jackets to be faithless the way the Pens and Hawks were. We went through many years of stupid demonstration of faith, and that still hurts this franchise. Tanking is faithless by definition.
...that is so very far from what I had to say that I actually find it deeply offensive.

To hell with tanking. I don't just want to win games, I want to win decency and respect.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 03:29 PM
  #674
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I want to win decency and respect.
It's all about Canada isn't it...

Skraut is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM
  #675
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...that is so very far from what I had to say that I actually find it deeply offensive.

To hell with tanking. I don't just want to win games, I want to win decency and respect.
I wanna them to be faithless for a couple month and then to start winning decency and respect with MacKinnon for the next decade.

bizzz* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.