HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

St. Louis - Philadelphia

Old
02-14-2013, 01:44 PM
HighOFFHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Well, his cap hit is going to be a huge factor. How many playoff caliber teams are going to have the cap space to add Briere when the cap drops? Plus he has a NMC so he'd probably only want to go to a true contender if he was forced to move. That limits the amount of partners immensely. I know how good Briere is in the playoffs, but can you guarantee me that he'll be just as good, on a team in a new conference, at age 37 and 38?
In the playoffs yes. It's all mental with him. It's crazy to see the transformation. When playoffs come he's a different man. Either way though I agree that his contract makes this a non issue.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Hooliganx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
So does no one on this board know how good Briere is in the playoffs? He leads all active players in playoff points. In my opinion cap-hit aside he has a higher value than all the players involved. If his cap hit wasn't so high this trade would be a joke.

I would ask for more than Stewart for sure. If the flyers a trying to get rid of salary is the only way this trade is possible. I also doubt that any team wants to take on more salary at this point with the cap going down.
Shattenkirk easily has more value then Briere. Shattenkirk is a young defenseman with 2 40 point season already and is currently at a ppg pace obviously we don't think he will keep that up but do think he will be around 45-55 points a season for a while maybe even hitting 60 points.

I wouldn't trade Stewart for Briere either as he is 10 years younger. Stewart had a horrible season last year but seems to be rebounding has had 2 28 goal seasons and seems like he will eventually settle in as a 50-65 point player scoring 25-30 goals.

Briere is a playoff beast I agree. The regular season does matter as well though. Briere is 35 years old I just have no interest in trading young talented players for a 35 year old.

Hooliganx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:06 PM
DrHamburg

As a Flyers fan what would it take for Perron? What are the Blues needs? I see the PK isn't great (23rd). Would a deal for Perron surrounding Briere work? It all depends on what the Blues need. Would Meszaros be an upgrade for the Blues defense? If the Flyers can move Danny B for a winger it removes the logjam they will have next season.
What do you guys think of Blue getting Briere and Meszaros for Perron and maybe a pick depending how well they do?

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:10 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
As a Flyers fan what would it take for Perron? What are the Blues needs? I see the PK isn't great (23rd). Would a deal for Perron surrounding Briere work? It all depends on what the Blues need. Would Meszaros be an upgrade for the Blues defense? If the Flyers can move Danny B for a winger it removes the logjam they will have next season.
What do you guys think of Blue getting Briere and Meszaros for Perron and maybe a pick depending how well they do?
Perron for Brayden Schenn?

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Parayko Physics
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 445
Quote:
Our whole team defense just isn't there yet. We have plenty of capable PK players so I wouldn't look to make a deal, just to try to better our PK, especially by trading Perron.

I would only try to acquire Briere by giving picks and prospects, no roster players, unless you'd want somebody like D'agastini as a throw-in to the deal. If I'm trading Perron it would be for more of a Shut down caliber #2 guy since we already have plenty of offense from the back end already so I wouldn't be too interested in Mezsaros.

Parayko Physics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:17 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Perron and a pick for Couturier?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Prongo
Beer

The Flyers traded JVR and lost Jagr to free agency because they want to move forward with our core of young centers. Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier are going nowhere. They are vital to the Flyers plans now and in the future. Just like the Blue don't want to move Shatty, we will not move those two kids.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:31 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Briere is of no interest to me. Coming off an injury. Playoff history or not. We too are a young team and definitely don't need to get smaller. Briere for Andy Mac would be about the only deal I would make, if you could offset the cap hit.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
DrHamburg

I think Perron for Schenn is a pretty fair deal. I think the Flyers would need a pick to even it out as Schenn I think will be slightly better. Value wise its extremely close but hard to imagine them moving Brayden after trading for his brother. As of now I think they Flyers are a hard team to do deals with. Briere and Meszaros are the only two players that have good value and are tradeable. Otherwise its going to require overpayment for the players that most teams want. But with that said, I'd move Briere for picks/prospects.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Prongo
Beer

Why do Blue fans get talking about Briere's cap hit? The team constantly spends to 50 million, and his salary is perfect for the team. 3 million next year and 2 million the following. He is the perfect player for a budget team. They can spend a little more in the cap, but not in real money.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Lol really?

Old
02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
I think Perron for Schenn is a pretty fair deal. I think the Flyers would need a pick to even it out as Schenn I think will be slightly better. Value wise its extremely close but hard to imagine them moving Brayden after trading for his brother. As of now I think they Flyers are a hard team to do deals with. Briere and Meszaros are the only two players that have good value and are tradeable. Otherwise its going to require overpayment for the players that most teams want. But with that said, I'd move Briere for picks/prospects.
This. And if the flyers are out of the playoff race I could see something along those lines. But right now the flyers are a playoff team. Injuries are going to be the big factor this year.so hold on to your depth..

Old
02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The Flyers traded JVR and lost Jagr to free agency because they want to move forward with our core of young centers. Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier are going nowhere. They are vital to the Flyers plans now and in the future. Just like the Blue don't want to move Shatty, we will not move those two kids.

Boom. Conversation over. Flyers had a bad start. They're a team moving in the right direction. They will make their big moves in the offseason. Plus this team actually have some good prospects that are age eligible to play in the AHL next year. This team is on the way up now, not down. They went younger on purpose.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:03 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
Lol really?
You need someone who can score goals. Perron needs someone who can get him the puck and think the game like he does. It would be scary Giroux and him playing together. He will be a 40 goal scorer. His hands are about as good as you will see. Like Couturier, he just needs some time. If he played the entire season last year, then he would have been a 30 goal scorer.

I don't mind the Schenn for Perron deal either. Like you have said, I don't see the flyers moving their young centers though.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:06 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Why do Blue fans get talking about Briere's cap hit? The team constantly spends to 50 million, and his salary is perfect for the team. 3 million next year and 2 million the following. He is the perfect player for a budget team. They can spend a little more in the cap, but not in real money.
The Blues have a lot of players to sign next year and they won't be cheap.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
You need someone who can score goals. Perron needs someone who can get him the puck and think the game like he does. It would be scary Giroux and him playing together. He will be a 40 goal scorer. His hands are about as good as you will see. Like Couturier, he just needs some time. If he played the entire season last year, then he would have been a 30 goal scorer.

I don't mind the Schenn for Perron deal either. Like you have said, I don't see the flyers moving their young centers though.
No I'm sorry we don't. This has been a short season. If you want couturier you'd have to give up Pietrangelo. Which you would be insane to do. So just stop.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:03 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
While I mostly agree, I would like to add a qualifier to this.
We could absolutely stand to move a winger for a center in a change of scenery type deal.

Something like D'Agostini for Max Talbot might be something we'd look in to in order to push Steen back onto the wing.
I see this deal as a possible win win for both of us.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:10 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Duel Cancer Survivor

Quote:
I see this deal as a possible win win for both of us.

I like this deal as well

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:26 AM
BrainOfJ
\_(ツ)_/

As a neutral viewer of the blues...I could easily see then moving Perron, really I dont know why they wouldnt...doesnt seem to fit the style of team they are building. He seems to need a real offensive talent on his line, while the blues focus on depth and grinding it out up front.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:13 PM
SnS

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Perron for Brayden Schenn?
Pass. I don't see why we would do something like this; especially after acquiring Luke Schenn.

Quote:
Meh. Pass.

Props to Nemesis for the signature, and HC for the avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Would love for something like that to go down but I doubt Philly would. Could push Steen back to LW and have 3 good centers. A man can dream.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Descendent*

Perron is too injury prone.

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:50 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
Literally one injury.

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Hooliganx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
Someone seems to have to much time on their hands to just goes into Blues threads it seems.

Hooliganx3 is offline   Reply With Quote