HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Avs are rumored to be asking for a top six forward and a top prospect
Dustin Penner and Oscar Moller

Old
02-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Dustin Penner and Oscar Moller
What's sad is that about 4-5 years ago, they would have fit that description. Penner being a 30+ goal, 60+ point winger and Moller once being considered one of the top 50 prospects. My how things have changed over the course of that time.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If the Islanders are willing to part with Grabner, I wouldn't mind Dean looking into that. Give them Stoll++. Grabner would be a good fit for us because of his speed and offensive instincts that can counter our offensively stagnant system. I think we are at the point defensively where we can afford to get a couple of these guys who just want to score goals and have the ability to do it single handedly.
Their owner is as tight as a ducks ass, he'd be unlikely to swap Grabner for a highly paid thirdliner unless there was bernier or some other juicy asset going back with stoll, a big ++

Old
02-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Their owner is as tight as a ducks ass, he'd be unlikely to swap Grabner for a highly paid thirdliner unless there was bernier or some other juicy asset going back with stoll, a big ++
Stoll is only making $250k more than Grabner, and for a shorter term. O'Reilly, which is the player Grabner's name was brought up for, is asking for much more than either of those players make.

I don't mind the pluses being decent assets. I love watching Grabner play. Every time he gets the puck in the neutral zone, he goes for the net. It is like there isn't a game that goes by where he doesn't find himself on a breakaway.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
Clifford has been ballsy thus far.

That guy did something right during the lockout.

I see the lockout helping Clifford like it really helped Brown from the past lockout. You can question if Clifford was kind of rushed onto the team, due to his size and maturity early on in his career. I think he needed time in the lower leagues to gain confidence and really find what he's made of. The lockout gave him that opportunity and he took it and ran. He's been a completely different player this year, compared to last. I think he looks GREAT on the line with Carter and Williams. I love that line right now. It's the hardest working and has just the right amount of skill/checking to work.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Stoll is only making $250k more than Grabner, and for a shorter term. O'Reilly, which is the player Grabner's name was brought up for, is asking for much more than either of those players make.

I don't mind the pluses being decent assets. I love watching Grabner play. Every time he gets the puck in the neutral zone, he goes for the net. It is like there isn't a game that goes by where he doesn't find himself on a breakaway.
I was thinking about grabner as another potential scorer but I don't know if his blazing speed would be best utilized in our system. The kings system is primarily based on gap control, which can negate him being able to break away. He does take it to the net and he will add more speed, I'm just curious if it could work .

Old
02-15-2013, 03:55 PM
no name

Quote:
If the Islanders are willing to part with Grabner, I wouldn't mind Dean looking into that. Give them Stoll++. Grabner would be a good fit for us because of his speed and offensive instincts that can counter our offensively stagnant system. I think we are at the point defensively where we can afford to get a couple of these guys who just want to score goals and have the ability to do it single handedly.
That sounds like the sequal to the Brad richardson trade.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
I was thinking about grabner as another potential scorer but I don't know if his blazing speed would be best utilized in our system. The kings system is primarily based on gap control, which can negate him being able to break away. He does take it to the net and he will add more speed, I'm just curious if it could work .
I think it was Gagne, and Lewis that used something close to what Grabner does in game 4 of the Finals last year. While they didn't score any goals they still generated I think 3-4 breakaways/rushes early in that game and were very effective. Grabner certainly wouldn't hurt and the Kings have enough good to great passers in Kopitar, Richards, Stoll, Doughty, and Martinez to feed the puck to him. I think Grabner has a good enough first step and fast enough acceleration to be very effective finding seams and hitting them when the puck is on its way there to work in a gap control system.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
That sounds like the sequal to the Brad richardson trade.
Except Grabner knows how to use his speed. He has scored 54 goals over the past two seasons (more than Richardson has scored his entire career of 377 games played, 404 if you include playoffs), and that includes missing 10 games, and he doesn't play with Tavares. His speed is on par with that of Gaborik's, obviously he doesn't have the same offensive talent, but he does have similar instincts to make a break on the play and go for the net. He breaks away from defenders so effortlessly.

It doesn't matter if he isn't Palffy or some superstar sniper, which we can't really afford, we just need more drive to the net, kind of like what Clifford tries to bring, except Grabner has the speed to cheat the system a little bit.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:35 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I think it was Gagne, and Lewis that used something close to what Grabner does in game 4 of the Finals last year. While they didn't score any goals they still generated I think 3-4 breakaways/rushes early in that game and were very effective. Grabner certainly wouldn't hurt and the Kings have enough good to great passers in Kopitar, Richards, Stoll, Doughty, and Martinez to feed the puck to him. I think Grabner has a good enough first step and fast enough acceleration to be very effective finding seams and hitting them when the puck is on its way there to work in a gap control system.
I would agree with the exception of stating Stoll is a good passer

Old
02-15-2013, 04:43 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:

I'd love a winger like Grabner on the team, I just don't see Stoll as being much of an incentive for the isle to move him. For a 1st or 2nd line winger, 3mill average seems cheap, for a 3rd line center 3mill isn't.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
I'd love a winger like Grabner on the team, I just don't see Stoll as being much of an incentive for the isle to move him. For a 1st or 2nd line winger, 3mill average seems cheap, for a 3rd line center 3mill isn't.
Oh yeah, the offer was a joke O'Reilly is far better than Stoll.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:55 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
That's where you dangle Bernier to them to make up the difference. Bring up Bernier, and ask about picks. See what they offer, and if you can get Grabner and a 2nd maybe 3rd for Bernier and Stoll I think it gives you a good starting point. Add additional picks prospects on either side to even the value and call it a deal. The Kings have Vey, Lewis, Richardson that can fill in for Stoll and a glut of wingers to fill out the line up.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

If Bernier were involved, my sights would shift toward Niederreiter.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
If Bernier were involved, my sights would shift toward Niederreiter.
THIS! I think his two-way game would be a perfect match here!

Old
02-15-2013, 05:38 PM
no name

Quote:
Except Grabner knows how to use his speed. He has scored 54 goals over the past two seasons (more than Richardson has scored his entire career of 377 games played, 404 if you include playoffs), and that includes missing 10 games, and he doesn't play with Tavares. His speed is on par with that of Gaborik's, obviously he doesn't have the same offensive talent, but he does have similar instincts to make a break on the play and go for the net. He breaks away from defenders so effortlessly.

It doesn't matter if he isn't Palffy or some superstar sniper, which we can't really afford, we just need more drive to the net, kind of like what Clifford tries to bring, except Grabner has the speed to cheat the system a little bit.
Im not comparing the two. It justs reminded me of the richardson situation in Colorado. Both were considered speedsters that had a lot of publicity for strong offensive seadons at an early age and then fell out of favor.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:39 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

Wouldn't mind sending a late round pick to Florida for Kovalev at the deadline if/when they decide to sell.

Not the player he used to be, but could chip in with some secondary scoring and could help the powerplay with his puck handling.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:33 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

What would you guys think it'd take to get Brouwer on the kings, he looks really good.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

They traded a first for him, so first + d prospect.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
They traded a first for him, so first + d prospect.
I'd give Muzzin, Richardson, and a second

Old
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
What would you guys think it'd take to get Brouwer on the kings, he looks really good.
To many years on his contract for too much for me. Yes hes haveing a good season but one good year isnt worth his money with the cap going down. 3.666 million for 3 more years to much for to little Id rather have pearson come up.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:16 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
To many years on his contract for too much for me. Yes hes haveing a good season but one good year isnt worth his money with the cap going down. 3.666 million for 3 more years to much for to little Id rather have pearson come up.
Really different players. I like him. He seems like a heart kind of player with skill

Old
02-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Wouldn't mind sending a late round pick to Florida for Kovalev at the deadline if/when they decide to sell.

Not the player he used to be, but could chip in with some secondary scoring and could help the powerplay with his puck handling.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:19 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Really different players. I like him. He seems like a heart kind of player with skill
granted they different players I like him as a player but not for 3.66 million to much money

Old
02-22-2013, 09:36 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

That's a pretty good discription

and it's accurate.

Isles in a youth movement, would prefer 25 yr old Grabner with his speed , pk work and $2m salary to 31 yr old Stoll.

Closed Thread