HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jochen Hecht - 1 year, $1 million cap hit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2013, 03:14 PM
  #276
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Kevin Porter is an NHL player on a last place team.

He would have more goals than Stafford and Hecht combined if he got half their ice time.
So he'd have 1 goal?

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:16 PM
  #277
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
So he'd have 1 goal?
Of course.
(bald speculation)

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:20 PM
  #278
SabreBlood
Registered User
 
SabreBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Since we're now engaging in bald speculation, I'll counter that by saying we'd be giving up a goal/game more if Porter was in there in place of Hecht. In half the ice time. Prove me wrong.
Unfortunately for your silly Hecht argument, there's also more to hockey than your 4th line, fringe NHL player's ability in preventing goals.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:28 PM
  #279
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
Unfortunately for your silly Hecht argument, there's also more to hockey than your 4th line, fringe NHL player's ability in preventing goals.
And, as we all know, Porter both produces and prevents goals. Which is why he got non-tendered by Colorado and couldn't get a one-way deal.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:36 PM
  #280
SabreBlood
Registered User
 
SabreBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
And, as we all know, Porter both produces and prevents goals. Which is why he got non-tendered by Colorado and couldn't get a one-way deal.
You're so funny!

What does Colorado have to do with Jochen Hecht and his fringe position on the last place team in the East? Once again, Hecht wouldn't be in the NHL if he wasn't in Buffalo. Your argument is worthy for sure.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:41 PM
  #281
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
You're so funny!

What does Colorado have to do with Jochen Hecht and his fringe position on the last place team in the East? Once again, Hecht wouldn't be in the NHL if he wasn't in Buffalo. Your argument is worthy for sure.
Perhaps ... But Hecht IS ON an NHL team and will be all season looooooong. Porter isn't, and he won't be all season loooooong.

Scoreboard ... Advantage ... Hecht.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:43 PM
  #282
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
Kevin Porter is a very good AHL player that's almost averaing a point per game.
Holy ****! A pt per game in the AHL!!! With our trouble scoring we should get Mancari up here too! immediately !!!

Quote:
You may even call him a fringe NHL player, which is exactly what Jochen Hecht currently is.
There's a difference between a guy who has succeeded at the NHL level and has diminishing skills. And a guy who never stuck in the NHL, and had very little talent to begin with

Quote:
If Hecht wasn't playing for the Sabres, he wouldn't be playing in any other NHL city.
prove it...

Quote:
Porter is also an actual centerman, unlike Hecht. The Sabres could use a real pivot their 4th line.
Hecht has played more center professionally at any level, than Porter has.

Quote:
Porter puts up enough points to center an NHL 4th line, he hits, fights to protect his teammates, hustles, is an excellent two-way player at the AHL level, and is the Captain of a team that has found it's way and hit its stride, in the midst of losing three of it's best players in Hodgson, Foligno, and Brennan.

Porter is a career AHLer.... get over it

Quote:
What does Jochen Hecht bring that makes him more valuable than the much younger and hungrier Kevin Porter? Certainly not Hecht's penalty killing, which leads all Sabres forwards in average SH TOI. A penalty killing unit which happens to rank in the bottom half of the NHL. Certainly not his offensive touch, as he has none. Certainly not his physical play, which he's never had.
Your suggestion is that Porter would be a better NHL PKer than Hecht? It's becoming clearer and clearer how little you know.

Quote:
So, what exactly is it about Jochen Hecht that makes you shrug off giving Kevin Porter a shot on the 4th line over him?
Kevin Porter

Quote:
Hecht is actually a hockey equivalent of a quadruple-A baseball player. He's also one solid jolt away from permanent retirement. I fail to see how Hecht is so much more valuable to this team than Porter could be.
Yes, you fail to see

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:44 PM
  #283
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
You're so funny!

What does Colorado have to do with Jochen Hecht and his fringe position on the last place team in the East? Once again, Hecht wouldn't be in the NHL if he wasn't in Buffalo. Your argument is worthy for sure.
Your argument, or lack thereof, is a backwards mess

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:45 PM
  #284
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
Unfortunately for your silly Hecht argument, there's also more to hockey than your 4th line, fringe NHL player's ability in preventing goals.
of course there is more to your 4th line... everyone knows you must have a busted hobey baker winner without a single discernible NHL skill

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:47 PM
  #285
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,383
vCash: 500
I'm all for calling up Porter, and giving him a shot... why not. We've got plenty of underachievers.... but the idea that he's a better roster option than Jochen "My 2 way play and PK is still a relevant and necessary element" Hecht is just totally absurd

it's a layman's argument

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
  #286
SabreBlood
Registered User
 
SabreBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Holy ****! A pt per game in the AHL!!! With our trouble scoring we should get Mancari up here too! immediately !!!
Wrong. Just Porter.

Quote:
There's a difference between a guy who has succeeded at the NHL level and has diminishing skills. And a guy who never stuck in the NHL, and had very little talent to begin with
Jochen Hecht's skills dimished well before this year, expert #2.

Quote:
prove it...
Jochen Hecht already has.

Quote:
Hecht has played more center professionally at any level, than Porter has.
Because Hecht has an idiot for a head coach that has constantly played him out of position.

Quote:
Porter is a career AHLer.... get over it
Jochen Hecht should have retired prior to last season. Deal with it.

Quote:
Your suggestion is that Porter would be a better NHL PKer than Hecht? It's becoming clearer and clearer how little you know.
Actually, no. That's not my suggestion at all. We don't need Kevin Porter to kill penalties. We also don't need Jochen Hecht to kill penalties. We have plenty of quality PK'ers whether Hecht is here or not.

Quote:
Kevin Porter
Would be an upgrade on the Sabres 4th line.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:00 PM
  #287
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
We have plenty of quality PK'ers whether Hecht is here or not.
Who are these quality PKers??? Pominville, Kaleta, Ott.........and who else?????

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  #288
SabreBlood
Registered User
 
SabreBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I'm all for calling up Porter, and giving him a shot... why not. We've got plenty of underachievers.... but the idea that he's a better roster option than Jochen "My 2 way play and PK is still a relevant and necessary element" Hecht is just totally absurd

it's a layman's argument
A layman's argument compared to what? You and your pal's argument? You guys are cute.

Hecht's two-way play and PK ability in 2013 are an absolute must have for any legitimate Stanley Cup contender!!!

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
  #289
SabreBlood
Registered User
 
SabreBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
Who are these quality PKers??? Pominville, Kaleta, Ott.........and who else?????
Hodgson is a PK regular. Stafford has been fine on the PK. As has Vanek when he's been used there.

I don't know....are 7 penalty killing forwards enough??????

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:11 PM
  #290
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
Hodgson is a PK regular. Stafford has been fine on the PK. As has Vanek when he's been used there.

I don't know....are 7 penalty killing forwards enough??????

CoHo and Stafford are being used on the PK because we don't have other options.

CoHo certainly isn't "quality" yet as you say.........and Stafford I believe has been on the ice for the most PP goals against as a forward.

And Vanek is only used on the PK during the last 20 seconds or when we desperately need offense.

EVENTUALLY, Zemgus, Foligno, CoHo et al should be the core PKers for this team. But right now, Hecht is a good guy to teach them how to PK effectively.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
  #291
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post

And Vanek is only used on the PK during the last 20 seconds or when we desperately need offense.

.
That's because Ruff is an idiot. Vanek is very good at killing penalties, no reason why he shouldn't get more SHTOI.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:35 PM
  #292
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
That's because Ruff is an idiot. Vanek is very good at killing penalties, no reason why he shouldn't get more SHTOI.
You can't say that so definitively. Vanek's barely been given much opportunity, so no one can really say if he's any good or not.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:35 PM
  #293
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
You're so funny!

What does Colorado have to do with Jochen Hecht and his fringe position on the last place team in the East? Once again, Hecht wouldn't be in the NHL if he wasn't in Buffalo. Your argument is worthy for sure.
I think the only thing that's funny in these last couple pages is your theory that the team that's given up the second-most goals in the conference should rid itself of one of its better goal-preventing forwards at ES in favor of an AHL scoring line player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
CoHo and Stafford are being used on the PK because we don't have other options.

CoHo certainly isn't "quality" yet as you say.........and Stafford I believe has been on the ice for the most PP goals against as a forward.

And Vanek is only used on the PK during the last 20 seconds or when we desperately need offense.

EVENTUALLY, Zemgus, Foligno, CoHo et al should be the core PKers for this team. But right now, Hecht is a good guy to teach them how to PK effectively.
Pominville, actually.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:41 PM
  #294
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Pominville, actually.
That actually surprises me.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
  #295
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
That actually surprises me.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+25+26+27+28#

Yeah. 4-on-5 is a fickle animal.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:49 PM
  #296
Daz28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 500
I can't believe there are actually posters here who claim to watch the games who are actually arguing about wanting to see #55 over just about anyone. In Jame's defense, he said he was down for a look at Porter. I'm not even saying Jochen is playing bad, I'm just saying that act has played itself out as much as Lindy Ruff's has.

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:51 PM
  #297
dire wolf
be cool
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
That's because Ruff is an idiot. Vanek is very good at killing penalties, no reason why he shouldn't get more SHTOI.
That's not the only factor. He could be the best PK-er on the team, but it's more important to set him to succeed as a scorer.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
  #298
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE
 
Dixon Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: District of Columbia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
That actually surprises me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
pominville is on the ice for an additional 50 seconds of pk time per game.

Dixon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:01 PM
  #299
dire wolf
be cool
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
pominville is on the ice for an additional 50 seconds of pk time per game.
he still has the worst shorthanded GA per 60 minutes. of course, that could be because he's playing too many mintues, I suppose

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:03 PM
  #300
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
pominville is on the ice for an additional 50 seconds of pk time per game.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...24+25+26+27+28

He's also on for the highest GA/60 while shorthanded. I'm not concerned about it. After 14 games, we're still in the small sample range.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.