HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  #351
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Blablabla. You don't try to understand anything, you just like to take a piss on Desharnais. You discuss in bad faith, completely ignore arguments that don't fit with your warped vision of reality and start obsessing over ever detail while ignoring context.

Plus, you don't even seem to understand the point of this club, its history or its fanbase.
Umm, ok then?
What does the fanbase or the history of the club have to do with the players that are on this team in the PRESENT? Do you not live in the present?

Do you think the Montreal ****ing Canadiens will successed with puni little ***** like David Desharnis or someone with SIZE, SKILL, TALENT, and can play in all ends of the arena?

You completely ignore my question to go into a *****ing feast. Why is DD getting more icetime then Eller, when he has DONE **** ALL for 10/12 games? He cannot defend in his own zone, or win a faceoff; explain that to me.

I was going to say something about why most hockey fans dislike the Canadiens, but I know I'll be called a racist (even though Quebecois isn't a race).

compile is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
  #352
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Umm, ok then?
What does the fanbase or the history of the club have to do with the players that are on this team in the PRESENT? Do you not live in the present?

Do you think the Montreal ****ing Canadiens will successed with puni little ***** like David Desharnis or someone with SIZE, SKILL, TALENT, and can play in all ends of the arena?

You completely ignore my question to go into a *****ing feast. Why is DD getting more icetime then Eller, when he has DONE **** ALL for 10/12 games? He cannot defend in his own zone, or win a faceoff; explain that to me.

I was going to say something about why most hockey fans dislike the Canadiens, but I know I'll be called a racist (even though Quebecois isn't a race).
considering that's the first thing that came to your mind I'd say it fits.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
  #353
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I really doubt, were Eller to be traded, that we'd get anything but overpayment in return.

The point is; we are happy with him. He's doing great, and will step up to a better line when the opportunity will arise. He is in the plans of the organisation, AFAIK. We aren't trying to get rid of him.

Therefore, he will leave us only if our management evaluate that we get something great out of the trade.
There are a lot of assumptions there. I trust the current management, but like you said in your second para, he'll progress with us. Let's HOPE that they don't Leclair him. (And that's just one example in our post-93 history.) Recchi for Desjardins and Leclair at the time didn't have everyone up in arms, but it was a big mistake, apart from the fact one of them ended up getting a medical degree.

habtastic is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
  #354
BomaLightDevils
Registered User
 
BomaLightDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Lars Eller
3 rd

For

Anton Volchenkov
Josefson

BomaLightDevils is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
  #355
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Telling you now Habs get ROR and give him what he wants. Subban will not be back at the end of his deal.
Why not?

Kaberle, Gionta, Markov all off the books at the end of Subbans current contract.

Markov will IMO take a discount and Gionta and Kaberle is 9.25mill in cap space. Very plausible to sign all those guys as Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gorges, and Price all under contract all long term except Galchenyuk.

It can be done.


FORWARDS

Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Ryan O'Reilly ($5.000m) / ???????
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.750m) / ??????

Ex. ?????

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($4.500m) / PK Subban ($5.000m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Jarred Tinordi ($1.500m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / ??????

Ex. ??????

GOALTENDERS

Carey Price ($6.500m)
Dustin Tokarski ($0.850m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $53,293,333; BONUSES: $2,485,000
CAP SPACE (17-man roster): $13,491,667

This is with next years low salary cap and big pays adjusted. 13.5mill to sign a top 6 forward a 4th line grinder and 6th dman. The extra attackers will be probably no more than mill combined leaving 11mill to sign 3 players.


Last edited by BigHabs: 02-15-2013 at 04:34 PM.
BigHabs is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
  #356
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomaLightDevils View Post
Lars Eller
3 rd

For

Anton Volchenkov
Josefson
You'd have to consider that. But would NJ?

Habaddict is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:29 PM
  #357
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Why not?

Kaberle, Gionta, Markov all off the books at the end of Subbans current contract.

Markov will IMO take a discount and Gionta and Kaberle is 9.25mill in cap space. Very plausible to sign all those guys as Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gorges, and Price all under contract all long term except Galchenyuk.

It can be done.
I believe he means, PK may take it personal.

David_99 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
  #358
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Why not?

Kaberle, Gionta, Markov all off the books at the end of Subbans current contract.

Markov will IMO take a discount and Gionta and Kaberle is 9.25mill in cap space. Very plausible to sign all those guys as Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gorges, and Price all under contract all long term except Galchenyuk.

It can be done.
Yes, but it looks to me as if we'd have a lot of holes to fill that summer.
Unless maybe Lablanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, and such, all step up pretty quickly.

Also Chucky will be one year from needing a new contract. We do have to
plan for that. I'm hoping he deserves Sidney Crosby like money by then.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
  #359
LarsEller
Registered User
 
LarsEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomaLightDevils View Post
Lars Eller
3 rd

For

Anton Volchenkov
Josefson
Volchenkov is the kind of d man the habs need. Josefsson sucks though

LarsEller is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:32 PM
  #360
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsEller View Post
Volchenkov is the kind of d man the habs need. Josefsson sucks though
Didn't realize that about Josefsson. Just remember liking him when he was drafted.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:33 PM
  #361
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Telling you now Habs get ROR and give him what he wants. Subban will not be back at the end of his deal.
Why?

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:38 PM
  #362
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
Why?
Ya why can't it be done?

FORWARDS

Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Ryan O'Reilly ($5.000m) / ???????
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.750m) / ??????

13th Forward ($1.000m)

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($4.500m) / PK Subban ($5.000m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Jarred Tinordi ($1.500m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / ??????

7th Dman ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS

Carey Price ($6.500m)
Dustin Tokarski ($0.850m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $53,293,333; BONUSES: $2,485,000
CAP SPACE (19-man roster): $11,491,667

This is with next years low salary cap and big pays adjusted. 13.5mill to sign a top 6 forward a 4th line grinder and 6th dman. The extra attackers will be probably no more than 2 mill combined leaving 11.5mill to sign 3 roster players.

BigHabs is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:43 PM
  #363
BomaLightDevils
Registered User
 
BomaLightDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsEller View Post
Volchenkov is the kind of d man the habs need. Josefsson sucks though
Lemaire about Jacob Josefson.

A quote from a guy you know on this board

"This kid has it. There's no doubt," Lemaire said. "He just turned 20 a couple days ago and he's a good player right now. If you look at his stats, his stats are not that great. But as a hockey player you want him on your team."

"I think it's how he understands the game, where he goes on the ice," Lemaire said. "When he doesn't have the puck, what is he going to do? When he has the puck, what he's doing with the puck. He's quick, strong, he's got good hands. He sees the ice well. So he has a lot of qualities.

"As soon as he gets that scoring quality, he'll be a player."


Last edited by BomaLightDevils: 02-15-2013 at 04:49 PM.
BomaLightDevils is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
  #364
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomaLightDevils View Post
A quote from a guy you know on this board

"This kid has it. There's no doubt," Lemaire said. "He just turned 20 a couple days ago and he's a good player right now. If you look at his stats, his stats are not that great. But as a hockey player you want him on your team."

"I think it's how he understands the game, where he goes on the ice," Lemaire said. "When he doesn't have the puck, what is he going to do? When he has the puck, what he's doing with the puck. He's quick, strong, he's got good hands. He sees the ice well. So he has a lot of qualities.

"As soon as he gets that scoring quality, he'll be a player."
Is that quote about Eller ? Because this is what he is

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 04:58 PM
  #365
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
What in gods name does shooting percentage have to do with players skill?

You neglected to mention that Eller also has almost 2x more shots then DD, while

Is the DD love validation that there is only 1 Quebec born player on this roster?

Also Eller is better on faceoffs then DD as of last night. His +/- is even, and plays 3 mins LESS per game then him, on a line consisting of a construction cone and a pylon.

What does DD bring to the Habs exactly this year? Last year he was sheltered and the team for some unknown reason played around his strength (the PP).

Eller is physical, he has 21 hits so far. I don't understand how anyone can say he has no upside when he has not been given a chance at all. What did DD do to deserve all the "saint" like treatment that he gets?
Ease up man. I think that DD and Eller should be replaced. DD is a very good center but he is too small. Eller, well, give all the excuses you want but he is still not performing to the level of awesomeness that he receives on this board.

You think he would have jump started Pacioretty or Cole? Would Cole's errant passes somehow have been more on the mark with Eller at center?

The answer to both of those are no.

We do not conduct the practices in between games. There is a reason that Eller is still a 4th line center. He obviously is not impressing the coaching staff in Montreal with his ability or his performance.

Taking a lot of shots that do not go in the net is not a mark of a great player. We witnessed a lot of players taking a lot of shots under the Martin regime. And that got us where?

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:02 PM
  #366
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...rder_by=points

this impressed me

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:05 PM
  #367
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Shooting % is a relatively meaningless statistic that balances out over time. The more important statistic is shot generation. Players that shoot very little tend to have higher shooting % over a short term, but in the end DD won't be close to 21%.

I don't know Ellers shots on goal vs DD,s but shooting% means squat and the shorter the sample the less reliable it becomes. They'll be within 2-4% of each other by the time year is up. Who shoots more will determine who scores more with Eller generating 2-1 on shots, if it continues he will most definitely have more goals.

It really helps if you have a basic understanding of statistics before attempting to analyze the data. It sounds like you don't.
No, I intentionally used those stats to prove the point I am making about Eller.

Using stats to point to an advantage of DD over Eller this year with shooting % for 13 games to bolster my argument is just as ridiculous as using line combinations and ice time to justify the lack of production that Eller has had over the years in Montreal.

Picking and choosing to make a point, right?

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
  #368
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Ease up man. I think that DD and Eller should be replaced. DD is a very good center but he is too small. Eller, well, give all the excuses you want but he is still not performing to the level of awesomeness that he receives on this board.

You think he would have jump started Pacioretty or Cole? Would Cole's errant passes somehow have been more on the mark with Eller at center?

The answer to both of those are no.

We do not conduct the practices in between games. There is a reason that Eller is still a 4th line center. He obviously is not impressing the coaching staff in Montreal with his ability or his performance.

Taking a lot of shots that do not go in the net is not a mark of a great player. We witnessed a lot of players taking a lot of shots under the Martin regime. And that got us where?

303 shots 19.8% - Playername.

Do you know who that is?

Would you also like to tell Michael Jordan he sucks? What about Wayne Gretzky, Guy Lafleur, Pavel Bure etc?

You don't shot you don't score, remember that saying? How can someone perform to awesomeness when he's relegated to a line which pretty much dictates that he's a fighter/energy guy? Really are we that blind?

Again explain to me why DD has yet to be benched when he's a -6 has 5 points in 12 games and has shown up for 2 games out of the season? Meanwhile Eller has the same amount of points, with less ice time, better faceoff percentage and isn't a liability in his own zone.

Seriously I want to understand

compile is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:08 PM
  #369
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,016
vCash: 500
i would rather give up desharnais than eller...do u think colorado would give up ror for david and kristo?

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:09 PM
  #370
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, I intentionally used those stats to prove the point I am making about Eller.

Using stats to point to an advantage of DD over Eller this year with shooting % for 13 games to bolster my argument is just as ridiculous as using line combinations and ice time to justify the lack of production that Eller has had over the years in Montreal.

Picking and choosing to make a point, right?
Let's go back a season.
Now let's remove Cole and Pacio from the mix.
Does DD get 60 pts?

compile is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:11 PM
  #371
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, I intentionally used those stats to prove the point I am making about Eller.

Using stats to point to an advantage of DD over Eller this year with shooting % for 13 games to bolster my argument is just as ridiculous as using line combinations and ice time to justify the lack of production that Eller has had over the years in Montreal.

Picking and choosing to make a point, right?
Even if you are right, and Eller has no offensive upside...

He is an effective defensive shutdown center. That is very valuable to have.

DAChampion is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:12 PM
  #372
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
i would rather give up desharnais than eller...do u think colorado would give up ror for david and kristo?
Maybe if you add a first rounder. Which I wouldn't be very eager to give up just yet.

overlords is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
  #373
disturbedraven
Lets rock
 
disturbedraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
Seriously guys, enough with the ROR talk. He has as much chance as Matt Kassian becoming a hab. It's clearly not going to happen with the way MB negotiates. ROR turned down more money than PK. MB is not going to offer the money ROR would want in a bridge contract, so he won't trade for him. Just..... move...... on

disturbedraven is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:15 PM
  #374
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Let's go back a season.
Now let's remove Cole and Pacio from the mix.
Does DD get 60 pts?
Nice question.

Impossible to answer but nice question none the less.

Regarding DD and why he is not benched, another nice question. Impossible to answer. Unless you have Therrien's phone number and give him a call. Doubt if he would explain his decisions to you but I surely cannot answer it.

Again, the Habs need better Centers than DD and/or Eller. Both should be replaced if we are to ice a team capable of winning the Stanley Cup.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 05:15 PM
  #375
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Even if you are right, and Eller has no offensive upside...

He is an effective defensive shutdown center. That is very valuable to have.
He sure is. And that sure is.

But it also means it's a valuable commodity to trade.

Fact is, while we are a better team with Eller in, he is not an essential part. He is a good part to have, but not an essential one. We can afford to trade him for a team that would like to overpay for him.

Toughen up the wings a bit.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.