HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie on the fan... 12:00 mt, 2:00 est.

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 09:30 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Comrie on the fan... 12:00 mt, 2:00 est.

www.fan590.com

They have a listen live link, and it is Comrie himself, not winter.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:31 AM
metallicat

Why isn't the Jim Rome show on there right now?

Old
12-17-2003, 09:33 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
Why isn't the Jim Rome show on there right now?
They don't have the Jim Rome show on the fan

Old
12-17-2003, 09:34 AM
metallicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
They don't have the Jim Rome show on the fan
Oh ok...I just assumed it was affiliated with the Team 1260 here in Edmonton.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:01 AM
metallicat

I think he is coming on soon, this ought to be interesting.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:09 AM
dawgbone

I'll post a few quick quips from what he says for those who can't listen to it.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:13 AM
metallicat

So far he sounds like he just woke up...SPIT IT OUT MIKE!

Old
12-17-2003, 10:15 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

out all night celebrating his trade?

yeah, he does sound very tired...and it doesn't sound like he's thrilled to be traded to the Flyers.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:19 AM
dawgbone

Comrie is willing to sign with Philly, and Winter and Clarke are talking now.

Comrie didn't say Anaheim was the only place he would go. He was given permission by Lowe after the verbal trade agreement with Anaheim to talk contract, but it was a team that he really wanted to play for.

He found out about the stipulation ($2.5 mil) after he and Murray talked and agreed to a contract, and he was unaware of it.

He won't judge why Lowe made the request (whether it was revenge, or if he understood why Lowe did it).

He won't divulge the reasons why he wanted out, just that he wants to be able to return home later on, and that he doesn't want any negative effects from the community. He has a lot of respect for everyone in the organization, and it wasn't about that, or about money.

Last edited by dawgbone: 12-17-2003 at 10:59 AM.
Old
12-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Hairball

Comrie said that it was Lowe and Murray that made the deal and then told him to work out a contract and he did. It wasn't until after all of that that Lowe mentioned the $2.5 million.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:20 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

he did make a shot that Lowe's actions were a bit unethical, but other than that, there was no mudslinging

Old
12-17-2003, 10:21 AM
metallicat

Mike Comrie is a BORE.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:24 AM
mugu

Quote:
Comrie is willing to sign with Philly, and Winter and Clarke are talking now.

Comrie didn't sat Anaheim was the only place he would go. He was given permission by Lowe after the verbal trade agreement with Anaheim to talk contract, but it was a team that he really wanted to play for.

He found out about the stipulation ($2.5 mil) after he and Murray talked and agreed to a contract, and he was unaware of it.

He won't judge why Lowe made the request (whether it was revenge, or if he understood why Lowe did it).

He won't divulge the reasons why he wanted out, just that he wants to be able to return home later on, and that he doesn't want any negative effects from the community. He has a lot of respect for everyone in the organization, and it wasn't about that, or about money.
no negative effect from the community.....other then he maybe the most hated oiler right now of all time according to teh community im surprised people havent started boycotting the brick

Old
12-17-2003, 10:35 AM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugu
no negative effect from the community.....other then he maybe the most hated oiler right now of all time according to teh community im surprised people havent started boycotting the brick
I'm definitely among the Comrie bashers, and think all of the Brick comments are hilarious... but I sure hope that people don't follow through with boycotts of the Brick and such. Given that Edmonton is such a small and tight-knit community, we can't afford to be making villians out of the business leaders that have been so supportive of the organization in the past.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:44 AM
mugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey
I'm definitely among the Comrie bashers, and think all of the Brick comments are hilarious... but I sure hope that people don't follow through with boycotts of the Brick and such. Given that Edmonton is such a small and tight-knit community, we can't afford to be making villians out of the business leaders that have been so supportive of the organization in the past.
im just teasing i supported mr comrie very recently as i bought a bed from him, although while i was buying it the comrie fiasco did come to mind and it did make me go check out sleep country

best of holiday seasons
jb

Old
12-17-2003, 10:54 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugu
That comment struck me as rather odd.

He talked about how Edmonton was a very tight-knit community, and that he didn't want to go into the reasons why he wanted out because he wants to call Edmonton home, and that he didn't want any bad things to come out of what he said. He also clearly stated that it had nothing to do with the organization.

I really don't know what to make of all this....

Old
12-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Digger12

Quote:
That comment struck me as rather odd.

He talked about how Edmonton was a very tight-knit community, and that he didn't want to go into the reasons why he wanted out because he wants to call Edmonton home, and that he didn't want any bad things to come out of what he said. He also clearly stated that it had nothing to do with the organization.

I really don't know what to make of all this....
Nothing to do with the organization? Then what is it?

Maybe his dad was driving him crazy, nobody really knows. What a weird situation.

Old
12-17-2003, 11:01 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Nothing to do with the organization? Then what is it?

Maybe his dad was driving him crazy, nobody really knows. What a weird situation.
I am assuming because his family has a pretty high stature in the community, anything he says could directly affect them.

Man... this is even worse than knowing less!!!!

Old
12-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
I am assuming because his family has a pretty high stature in the community, anything he says could directly affect them.

Man... this is even worse than knowing less!!!!
No kidding!!! How annoying is that. He must have tapped someones significant other?

Old
12-17-2003, 11:15 AM
creative giant*

We'll see if Winter keeps his word to tell the whole story now that the trade has been completed. He kept promising callers to radio talk shows that everything will come out once the deal is done.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Old
12-17-2003, 11:31 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMenace
We'll see if Winter keeps his word to tell the whole story now that the trade has been completed. He kept promising callers to radio talk shows that everything will come out once the deal is done.

Yeah, no kidding... I'd bet he's promised lots of things to lots of people over time... like promising to keep things quiet on the Comrie trade front... !!
:mad:

Bart

Old
12-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Mike Comrie probably tapped every decent looking girl in Edmonton between the ages of 18-35, and probably just needs a new batch to work with, if that is the case, then I fully understand his departure.

Or maybe he was sick of his dad calling him in on his day's off to go run forklift at The Brick.

All we can do is speculate, like we've been doing all along. But if it's not The organization, then it's got to be the city right?

Maybe there's a bully in town that keeps taking Mike's million dollar milk money.

Old
12-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Slats432

Quote:

I am sure that Winter would never break a promise...

Old
12-17-2003, 04:12 PM
hockeyaddict101

Remember

Quote:

That Winter works for Comrie, if Comrie has decided not to say anything, Winter will be completely silent.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:07 AM
Oilers1*

I posted a thread a couple of months ago speculating that it was in Comrie's best interests to sign with the Oilers when he was a UFA because Edmonton, while lacking the big-market exposure and big money, would provide him with the ice-time and opportunity to prove himself. He wouldn't have gotten that in, say, Philadelphia at the time because they were loaded and would've played him on the fourth line (where he wouldn't have been successful due to his complete cluelessness at anything not involving points).

As it works out, Comrie made his reputation in the small-market, then held out and got dealt to the big market which will now find playing time for their young star. Big money and exposure are sure to follow.

If you take Comrie at his word (for what its worth), then he didn't have a problem with the organization or the city or money. . .you have to wonder if that wasn't just planned all along.

Closed Thread