HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Quebec City Part VII: Si J'avais les ailes d'un ange

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
paybro

vCash: 500
New Amphitheater

Here's what the new amphitheater look like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (323.9 KB, 57 views)

Old
02-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Shawa666

vCash: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by paybro View Post
Here's what the new amphitheater look like
You're kind of late.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:08 PM
JB52

So, what should we think about those realignment talks?

If we want to read in tea leaves, like it seems we are expert in QC every time Bill Daly say something slightly positive, isn't, this time, a bad sign? Why the league would waste time discussing publicly about new divisions if they knew that anyway they will move the Coyotes at the end of the season?

Or they have time to waste, or they are excellent comedian, or the fate of the Coyotes is far from being sealed. No?

Old
02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB52 View Post
So, what should we think about those realignment talks?

If we want to read in tea leaves, like it seems we are expert in QC every time Bill Daly say something slightly positive, isn't, this time, a bad sign? Why the league would waste time discussing publicly about new divisions if they knew that anyway they will move the Coyotes at the end of the season?

Or they have time to waste, or they are excellent comedian, or the fate of the Coyotes is far from being sealed. No?
In my opinion, there will a realignment plan with different options should the Coyotes move to Québec City, or to Seattle or should they stay. No worries.

Old
02-16-2013, 01:00 PM
DJ Omnimaga

Saturday morning and afternoon: Somebody working on the Quebec arena construction site. Not sure if he was alone since no other truck was moving, so probably voluntary overtime or something.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Undertakerqc

Interesting news: Joe Sakic is at the Québec Pee Wee tournament with his son. Drop the puck for an official faceoff on sunday afternoon and got a standing ovation: http://www.journaldequebec.com/2013/...ment-ovationne

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Q...ordiques.shtml

I hope that if one day we get a team in Québec City, that Joe will have his number retired. Always a class act, and he never complain about being in QC despite us having terrible teams while he was here. He was the one reason that made it worthwhile going to the Colisée during all those dark years.

Has a matter of fact, it would be real fun if all of Peter Stastny, Joe Sakic, Michel Goulet and Dale Hunter could be there to drop the official faceoff at the first game if the Nords ever come back.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:26 PM
knorthern knight

vCash: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Has a matter of fact, it would be real fun if all of Peter Stastny, Joe Sakic, Michel Goulet and Dale Hunter could be there to drop the official faceoff at the first game if the Nords ever come back.
What would be nice would be scheduling Philadelphia at QC on March 10, 2014 to honour the 46th anniversary of NHL hockey at La Colisee. Get some Philadelphia old-timers out there who played back then. Maybe even have both teams play in their home uniforms (Philly in retro uniforms?).

Old
02-19-2013, 11:02 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
FWIW Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press talked briefly during the last Jets game. Said he hears if the Coyotes relocate it's increasingly likely it'll be to Seattle.

Also talked about potential QC City ownership saying that PKP may not be the guy to land a team that there's another billionaire suitor. I don't recall the name of the gentleman he was talking about.

Any rumblings of this out in QC? Is PKP funding a portion of the arena? If so this other owner doesn't make sense.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:14 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
FWIW Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press talked briefly during the last Jets game. Said he hears if the Coyotes relocate it's increasingly likely it'll be to Seattle.

Also talked about potential QC City ownership saying that PKP may not be the guy to land a team that there's another billionaire suitor. I don't recall the name of the gentleman he was talking about.

Any rumblings of this out in QC? Is PKP funding a portion of the arena? If so this other owner doesn't make sense.
No. Yes, he is paying for a 30M TV studio annexed to the arena and he signed a contract to manage the building. Doesn't make much sense to me. Especially the Seattle thing, they don't have a suitable temporary venue (and don't bring up Key Arena, the team would lose more money playing out of that dump than it does in Phoenix...)

Old
02-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:

He was talking about the Desmarais family, one of the richest family in Canada. Saw the interview with Lawless, but he sounded like a guy speculating. Bettman went to Desmarais to ask him if he was interested. He is not. And the Desmarais are at war with PKP, no way they rent an arena runned by Québécor.

Seattle has not yet confirmed the construction of a new arena, and dont have a suitable temporary arena.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:21 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

no construction pictures?

Old
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Matrix78

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
no construction pictures?
http://www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/webcam...tre/index.aspx

Old
02-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Matrix78

Quote:

Not going to happen... PKP has full control on the arena (management, TV studio and naming rights) for the next 25 years.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:

Sounds like the NHL is in full-blown negotiations with PKP and is trying to drive up the price.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
Sounds like the NHL is in full-blown negotiations with PKP and is trying to drive up the price.
Its my perception as well. Québec being the only plausible landing spot for the Coyotes this year.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:22 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
That's essentially been my opinion of Seattle from the get-go. Drives up the price for team from Quebecor and builds up potential interest in Seattle for when the league is ready for expansion in a few years.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:44 AM
DJ Omnimaga

Quote:

I think it's PowerCorp/Desmarais Family or something (who are involved with the Remparts if I remember). They could possibly rent the building to get a team to play there but apparently they don't like Quebecor/PKP, so I'm unsure if this would cause problems (as PKP will manage the arena for the next 25 years and he spent money in the TV studio portion of the arena as another post above me says)

Old
02-24-2013, 04:25 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 869
If the NHL's supposed leaked proposal for realignment is true, wherein both Detroit and Columbus are moved east, it's not a very good sign for you guys, as much as I hate to say it.

Seems unlikely that they'd consider this, which breaks the ease of future realignment, if they weren't as strongly considering Quebec as we all thought.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Acesolid
The Illusive Bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
If the NHL's supposed leaked proposal for realignment is true, wherein both Detroit and Columbus are moved east, it's not a very good sign for you guys, as much as I hate to say it.

Seems unlikely that they'd consider this, which breaks the ease of future realignment, if they weren't as strongly considering Quebec as we all thought.
What you3e saying is ridiculous. The wishes of the current owners and teams is all that matters for the nhl once realigment came around. I am certain they didn't think at all about possible relocations or expension beyond putting 2 extra spots.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:

Supposed leaked, proposal, realignment, ease. None of those words can counter Quebec's legitimate claim to an NHL team.

The NHL isn't and will not snob having a team in the best market for hockey in the world, it's a question of when not if there will be a team in Quebec city. Whether it's the coyotes, expansion or another troubled NHL market.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:

i agree with you. Looks like we will be getting the shaft from the NHL once more. They screwed us before under Bettman, why not one more time.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Undertakerqc

Remember how Gary looked suicidal when he annouced the move of Atlanta to Winnipeg. He will move a team to Canada only if there is no other option available. Seattle is now in line, so he will go there first.

No way in my lifetime i will see a teamback in Québec City. **** you NHL. Maybe we should start lobying the KHL for a North American division...

Old
02-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Matrix78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Remember how Gary looked suicidal when he annouced the move of Atlanta to Winnipeg. He will move a team to Canada only if there is no other option available. Seattle is now in line, so he will go there first.

No way in my lifetime i will see a teamback in Québec City. **** you NHL. Maybe we should start lobying the KHL for a North American division...
if you believe now that the Coyotes can't go to Qc City because of the "new potential alignment ", so you must believe there is no chance that the NHL will expand to any Eastern city in the next years...

Quebec, Markham, Portland etc... They should all cancel any NHL project, right ?...... nah, it doesn't make any sense

There is a WORD for this , Joice would tell you : BELIEVE

Old
02-24-2013, 06:12 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:

I don't care a second if this is finally the new alignment, because its only a rumour, just like "Jamison will complete sale in 2 weeks" blablabla.

Commish himself was denying the Thrashers move one week before they were sold, yeah right. How can HNIC be on the point?

Where's the Yotes saviour? There's none and therefore, they are in Qc city no later then may or june to the latest.

The more Nords-scepticals rant, the more happy I'll be in may.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Llama19

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix78 View Post
if you believe now that the Coyotes can't go to Qc City because of the "new potential alignment ", so you must believe there is no chance that the NHL will expand to any Eastern city in the next years...

Quebec, Markham, Portland etc... They should all cancel any NHL project, right ?...... nah, it doesn't make any sense

There is a WORD for this , Joice would tell you : BELIEVE
She has her ring to prove it...

Closed Thread