HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to make Moves?? (Post trade proposals & rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 09:02 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Top 6 Wingers. Okposo, Grabner, Nino come to mind. They could use a replacement #2 center. Brock Nelson comes to mind. There's tons of pieces we have that could make it work if the Isles were serious to pursue O'Reilly.
You misunderstood me...I didn't say we don't have pieces Colorado would want, I said we don't have the salary to move to offset O'Reilly.

Okposo and Grabner make $4M combined this year, Nino and Nelson make peanuts in the minors. O'Reilly is looking for $5-6M. So, any trade for O'Reilly would be adding salary (unless Streit was involved, but I highly doubt Colorado would take a pending UFA as a main piece of the trade).

I highly doubt that Garth has the green light to add millions in salary for this season.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
I highly doubt that Garth has the green light to add millions in salary for this season.
He might, if the Isles unload Viz/Nabby/Streit. You're not gonna have those salaries going forward, either.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:27 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
I should have done this earlier. Some numbers assuming wiki can be trusted:

Current Cap: 60 million (but really 70 mill, don't ask because I can't explain it)
Curent floor: 44 million
13-14 Cap: 64 million
13-14 Floor: 44 million

Note that the floor this year and all years in this CBA will be fixed at 16 million below the cap. However, Chuck must have been working on the CBA, because someone snuck in an exception next year, where the cap is 20 million below the floor, so the floor will remain at 44 million. Lucky us.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap

There are no significant salary changes next year except perhaps Bailey, but I don't expect him to suddenly make 3 million.

Frans Nielsen: $2.75 mill
Kyle Okposo: $2.8 mill
-for-
ROR: $4.2 mill - He isn't worth what JT makes.
Avs' 2nd round pick

Last edited by A Pointed Stick: 02-15-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old
02-15-2013, 11:16 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I should have done this earlier. Some numbers assuming wiki can be trusted:

Current Cap: 60 million (but really 70 mill, don't ask because I can't explain it)
Curent floor: 44 million
13-14 Cap: 64 million
13-14 Floor: 44 million

Note that the floor this year and all years in this CBA will be fixed at 16 million below the cap. However, Chuck must have been working on the CBA, because someone snuck in an exception next year, where the cap is 20 million below the floor, so the floor will remain at 44 million. Lucky us.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap

There are no significant salary changes next year except perhaps Bailey, but I don't expect him to suddenly make 3 million.

Frans Nielsen: $2.75 mill
Kyle Okposo: $2.8 mill
-for-
ROR: $4.2 mill - He isn't worth what JT makes.
Avs' 2nd round pick
I would welcome a trade that sends Okposo to Colorado in exchange for O'Reily. Not sure that Nielsen would have to go. Maybe add Andrew MacDonald, Avs need a defenseman.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
If they wanted Nielsen in return, would you do it?
ROR's defensive game is just as good if not better than Nielsen's. It would come down to is Nelson ready to step in and be the 3rd line center. If he is, then I don't hesitate to move Frans.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:19 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

I'd be shopping Lubo big time from now to the deadline.

Plenty of teams need defensive help due to injuries like Philly, LA, Detroit, etc.

He's not even that good of a player, he's poor in his own zone and so small that he just gets knocked off the puck, but teams will overpay for him because of his past point totals and the fact that he is a good puck mover from the point on the PP with a decent shot. I feel like every trade deadline there are at least a handful of teams saying "We need a PP QB or PMD."

And I'd try to salvage any perceived value Okposo still has. There has to be a few arrogant front offices and coaches out there who think "I can fix this guy." So deal him off while he still has some perceived value around the league because he's not a part of the long term answer here.

Might as well shop Nabby and Boyes too since Isles aren't going anywhere this year. See if you can get some assets for them.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:39 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
I'd be shopping Lubo big time from now to the deadline.

Plenty of teams need defensive help due to injuries like Philly, LA, Detroit, etc.

He's not even that good of a player, he's poor in his own zone and so small that he just gets knocked off the puck, but teams will overpay for him because of his past point totals and the fact that he is a good puck mover from the point on the PP with a decent shot. I feel like every trade deadline there are at least a handful of teams saying "We need a PP QB or PMD."

And I'd try to salvage any perceived value Okposo still has. There has to be a few arrogant front offices and coaches out there who think "I can fix this guy." So deal him off while he still has some perceived value around the league because he's not a part of the long term answer here.

Might as well shop Nabby and Boyes too since Isles aren't going anywhere this year. See if you can get some assets for them.
I don't know what team you've been watching but from my perspecting Vis has been one of our better players. Streit's the guy that has to go. Vis makes him expendable. I'd love to see them resign him if possible. I really don't see them resigning Streit so they should get what ever they can for him before the trade deadline.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Grabner is my second favorite player on this team. He continues to improve, works very hard & he is great team guy. I would be disappointed if we dealt him for ROR. I would give them both Frans & Streit before Grabner. Would also deal Nino before Grabner.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:55 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
Grabner is my second favorite player on this team. He continues to improve, works very hard & he is great team guy. I would be disappointed if we dealt him for ROR. I would give them both Frans & Streit before Grabner. Would also deal Nino before Grabner.
Have to agree with this, Grabner has a ton of heart and talent. He got off to a great start, and then the line seem to struggle (they added Okposo). I love how the d-men look for the home run pass for Grabner, and he gets one step and he's gone, very rare speed, not many can match his speed. I'd love to see him with Strome next season, I'd think they'd make a great match. Only disagreement I have with your comment was the Niņo comment, I'd hate to lose Niņo.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:02 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Have to agree with this, Grabner has a ton of heart and talent. He got off to a great start, and then the line seem to struggle (they added Okposo). I love how the d-men look for the home run pass for Grabner, and he gets one step and he's gone, very rare speed, not many can match his speed. I'd love to see him with Strome next season, I'd think they'd make a great match. Only disagreement I have with your comment was the Niņo comment, I'd hate to lose Niņo.
you've got to give to get, though. question: if the isles were to trade one of nelson or niederreiter, who would you rather it be?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Sneekypete

The speed of ROR and Grabner on the same line so tempting but not at 5 million......

Old
02-16-2013, 10:21 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
He might, if the Isles unload Viz/Nabby/Streit. You're not gonna have those salaries going forward, either.
In the offseason he may be willing to add salary (he will have to), but after adding Thomas, Wang can ship off those three at the deadline and stay above the floor. Adding O'Reilly would still be adding salary that Wang doesn't need to add.

I don't like this, but the Thomas move convinced me that there is absolutely no way significant salary is added.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:28 AM
xIsle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Me too I would not trade Nino. Okposo is the one I would try to trade.
Enough of his phony leadership.
As for Grabner, I would like to keep him.
I'm more ready to trade Nielsen or Okposo or even both. Nielsen gets replace by O'Reilly and we have Strome or Brock Nelson who might be ready for next year. And Cizikas and Johan Sundstrom are nice prospect too.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

With all 3 of nelson nino and strome ready for NHJL action next season, now is the time to shed off the dead weight that's bringing us down. The way I see it is Streit is gone either way, Okposo is dead weight and keeping Nino's spot warm and Neilsen could be replaced by Nelson.

Streit Okposo and Neilsen for ROR would get it done. We'd be upgrading our team significantly

Old
02-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
With all 3 of nelson nino and strome ready for NHJL action next season, now is the time to shed off the dead weight that's bringing us down. The way I see it is Streit is gone either way, Okposo is dead weight and keeping Nino's spot warm and Neilsen could be replaced by Nelson.

Streit Okposo and Neilsen for ROR would get it done. We'd be upgrading our team significantly
The 3 players u name have more value seperately then together. If those 3 players only bring u ROR that would be a bad move.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
The 3 players u name have more value seperately then together. If those 3 players only bring u ROR that would be a bad move.
So lets leave Okpsos out, ship him to someone else for a 2nd round pick and be done with it. Point is we need to clear the **** out of our NHL roster.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Isles4Cupz

grabner gives you almost a break away a game and frans is money on shootouts id look elsewhere for guys to dump including all these prospects that are stock piled in the minors and are no lock to be stars ala okposo who everyone went gaga for , but in reality face it unless they are dumping last yr deals the Isles arent going to spend till they need to when they head to Brooklyn and offset some of the money they been losing in revenue

Old
02-16-2013, 11:07 AM
piotrt82

Hi guys, caps fan coming in peace!

Whondering what it would take us to get Hamonic to the Caps?

Old
02-16-2013, 11:18 AM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrt82 View Post

Nothing you'd want to part with. Why on earth would we trade him? He's exactly the type of player we're looking to acquire, not trade....no thanks.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:

Aside from Tavares, Travis hamonic is about as untouchable as it gets. Unless it was drastic overpayment I just don't see them ever moving him he is a major component of this teams rebuild.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:37 AM
piotrt82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Aside from Tavares, Travis hamonic is about as untouchable as it gets. Unless it was drastic overpayment I just don't see them ever moving him he is a major component of this teams rebuild.
What about Johansson, Orlov and a 2nd?

Donīt flame me, just checking value...

Old
02-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
What about Johansson, Orlov and a 2nd?

Donīt flame me, just checking value...
Honestly, not even close. It would take Backstrom or Alzner + sooo.... not gonna happen.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:52 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Honestly, not even close. It would take Backstrom or Alzner + sooo.... not gonna happen.
Lol lets not get crazy. It would be Hamonic+ for Backstrom. For alzner it would be alzner+ though.

Last edited by 19NYSports91: 02-16-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 12:14 PM
piotrt82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Lol lets not get crazy. It would be Hamonic+ for Backstrom. For alzner it would be alzner+ though.
Sounds pretty fair, would Alzner + 2nd or maybe Galiev do it?

Old
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post
Me too I would not trade Nino. Okposo is the one I would try to trade.
Enough of his phony leadership.
As for Grabner, I would like to keep him.
I'm more ready to trade Nielsen or Okposo or even both. Nielsen gets replace by O'Reilly and we have Strome or Brock Nelson who might be ready for next year. And Cizikas and Johan Sundstrom are nice prospect too.
here is the problem: you are suggesting that the isles move forward with several rookies up front. that just doesn't work.

so, if i'm going to trade someone up front, it would be okposo. since i don't want a slew of prospects replacing nhl players, i would keep nielsen. despite his flaws (not super physical, poor on draws) he has qualities that can help win games. he is a proven nhl player. if he was playing where he belonged, on the third line, isles fans would love him even more than they already do because he would be playing a proper role and his production would suit said role. i am not convinced that cizikas is ready for a 3c role yet. it is fatal for isles fans to always assume that our prospects are ready to fill such roles.

as for the swiss miss (his whining like a little girl has given rise to the name not the way he plays)...he has value and is a prospect. at this point he is nothing more than that. no one can even convince me that he is the best isles prospect in bridgeport. he has 30 goal potential...ya, i get it...but i take a shot at o'reilly despite the fact that o'reilly likely does not have the same goal scoring potential.

anyway, i believe a package of okposo and niederretier has value. enough value to get o'reilly? i have no idea. i'll leave that to the the real hockey people. i just hope the isles don't get rid of serviceable veterans to replace them with children before those children are ready for productive nhl service.

Closed Thread