HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Jets - Adams >>> Tangradi

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Neal's release is up there w/ Hossa and Stamkos on how fast they release it. It's something I can only say about 5-10 players in the NHL. I don't know where we'd be without it.

You cannot teach it.
He's practically automatic if you get him the puck in a good spot on the powerplay. There are only a handful of players like that. Stamkos, Neal. Malkin when's he on.

Ovechkin used to be that way. Used to be if that guy got a one timer off from the left circle it was as good as in the net.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

We have to give credit to the Jets, they pressured all night.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:03 PM
seabs926

I'm tired of seeing Malkin do fly-by's trying to intercept the pass against the flow of the play. It doesn't work and puts us a man down.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:04 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post

The first PP, the Malkin line had just been on and that's why Neal didn't start on it. Problem was, they maintained posession for the longest time and Neal didn't get a chance to get on.

BREEEEEEEATHY BUDDY!!!
I just told IcedCapp . . . I downed my jug of kool-aid. I'm sorry I forgot to do so before the end of the game.

BTW, I do like Neal in the right circle. I was serious about that part. Doesn't often end up there with Geno up higher, but it's kind of like the Geno and Gonchar dynamic, where you've got a shooting threat in each spot.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:04 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Looked like the Jets started cheating to take it away early in the second and, when it didn't work, THEN it stopped.

Either way, is there a one breakout per game rule that applies to the Pens hidden in the new CBA?
Trust me, there was no adjustment. I so more than one occasion where a curling forward was open for a pass, but the D just held on to it and completely ignored him.

The 5-1 game against Jersey, and the Washington game, there were maybe a half dozen stretch passes each game. The last few games have been sort of puzzling.

ON a completely unrelated note, I forgot how ****ing good plain old McDonalds cheeseburgers are...

Old
02-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabs926 View Post
I'm tired of seeing Malkin do fly-by's trying to intercept the pass against the flow of the play. It doesn't work and puts us a man down.
It was funny seeing his blur go by when everyone else was going opposite towards the Pens zone out of the Jets zone.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:05 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

+They won
+Nobody was injured

That's about it.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
I liked my idea from last night of Niskanen and TK for Seto and Clutterbuck.
In that case we should send flowers to Fletcher and Yeo .
Value isn't that off though. Not exactly helping Minnesota and their one line offense however.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:07 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
I just told IcedCapp . . . I downed my jug of kool-aid. I'm sorry I forgot to do so before the end of the game.

BTW, I do like Neal in the right circle. I was serious about that part. Doesn't often end up there with Geno up higher, but it's kind of like the Geno and Gonchar dynamic, where you've got a shooting threat in each spot.
Come on dude, Sid's seeing more of that left side than Geno is. There's actually more movement and rotation on the PP that I've seen in a long time since they took Kunitz off.

Neal's basically averaging a PP goal a game, they're doing something right aren't they?

Old
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Great game by Flower and our D. Sucks he couldn't get the shutout he deserved it big time tonight

Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:

I think you misunderstand me, though. I'm not chugging the kool-aid. The 2nd period was a disaster. The puck support was a joke. They were in their own end for a year. Whatever they were doing wasn't working.

I meant what I said! I just wanted you to stop the sarcasm

Old
02-15-2013, 09:08 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Trust me, there was no adjustment. I so more than one occasion where a curling forward was open for a pass, but the D just held on to it and completely ignored him.

The 5-1 game against Jersey, and the Washington game, there were maybe a half dozen stretch passes each game. The last few games have been sort of puzzling.

ON a completely unrelated note, I forgot how ****ing good plain old McDonalds cheeseburgers are...
Wouldn't know any more . . . OD'd on them pretty much twice a day during an exam week in college and haven't been back since.

In & Out on the other hand . . .

P.S.: I don't trust you fully . . .

Old
02-15-2013, 09:08 PM
SteelFish87*

+ MAF
+ Vitale

- Crosby
- Dupuis

Old
02-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I don't think any of us want him to fail. Its just a bit of gallows humor.

at least that's my thoughts on it
The way some talk about him on these boards, I honestly feel that some here want MAF to fail and feel good when he does because "they're right".

It's ****ing lame.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:09 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I think you misunderstand me, though. I'm not chugging the kool-aid. The 2nd period was a disaster. The puck support was a joke. They were in their own end for a year. Whatever they were doing wasn't working.

I meant what I said! I just wanted you to stop the sarcasm
And I meant what I said . . . I took my sarcasm medicine.

And, yes, puck support is atrocious. Actually, it's pretty much been varying levels of bad all year.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:10 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
I'm comfortable trading Niskanen, but I think he has more value than that, unless you're saying Kennedy has a lot of negative value.
Right now, bingo.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Come on dude, Sid's seeing more of that left side than Geno is. There's actually more movement and rotation on the PP that I've seen in a long time since they took Kunitz off.

Neal's basically averaging a PP goal a game, they're doing something right aren't they?
This is how I feel. People were upset with Sid hogging the prime real estate, but it stopped a couple of games ago. It's sort of neutered his shot (which to me is just another argument for splitting the units up), but Neal's been money. It seems like it's working as intended at this point.

Also like that Disco's been going with 2 D on 5-on-4s.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
In that case we should send flowers to Fletcher and Yeo .
Value isn't that off though. Not exactly helping Minnesota and their one line offense however.
I'm not in it to help Minnesota . . . I'm in it to help Sid and, more importantly, to help TK out of town.

EDIT: What I sent you PM on my new locale coming in a few months . . . done deal (will need tips for how to watch the Bylsma coached defending cup champ Pens next year ).

Old
02-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

On the Bylsma and rookies front.... If we cannot keep the non-Niskanen six we had in our only GREAT D! spell of the season, at least let Bortuzzo have a rotation thing going with Engelland. The latter suffers right and Bort deserves getting games.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:13 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
I'm not in it to help Minnesota . . . I'm in it to help Sid and, more importantly, to help TK out of town.
I enjoyed Dupuis flubbing two gift wrapped feeds from Sid tonight. The first was a head scratcher. Basically just poke checked the puck away from an empty net? No clue what he was doing.

I think Sid's looked good, but he seems a step ahead of his line mates. He's always in the zone alone, has nowhere to go, and doesn't seem able to win 1-on-3s.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:13 PM
KIRK

Quote:
This is how I feel. People were upset with Sid hogging the prime real estate, but it stopped a couple of games ago. It's sort of neutered his shot (which to me is just another argument for splitting the units up), but Neal's been money. It seems like it's working as intended at this point.

Also like that Disco's been going with 2 D on 5-on-4s.
Do you also like the movement on the PP?

EDIT: Just don't tell me you like the puck support on the PP . . . anything else, I can handle in my medicated state.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:

EDIT: What I sent you PM on my new locale coming in a few months . . . done deal (will need tips for how to watch the Bylsma coached defending cup champ Pens next year ).
Congrats . It is an awesome city!
NB: center ice on your PC or better yet a slingbox solution.

Old
SteelPenguin
#LetsGoPens

Great 3-1 win against the Jets!

+ 4th line
+ Adams 2+0
+ FLOWER! Best player of the game !
+ Real Deal. Nice powerplay goal.
+ Penalty kill
+ Tanger
+ Beau debut

- Kennedy
- 2nd period

LGP!

Old
PenguinTommy

+ Fleury & 4th line = they won it
+ Bennett = Beau knows ... really good 1st career game

---- Geno = To me, he was terrible, floating around and doing nothing ... and can someone tell him, he scored 50 goals last year ?! STOP BEING EFFING FANCY AND SHOOT THAT FREAKING PUCK !!!

Old
02-15-2013, 09:16 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
On the Bylsma and rookies front.... If we cannot keep the non-Niskanen six we had in our only GREAT D! spell of the season, at least let Bortuzzo have a rotation thing going with Engelland. The latter suffers right and Bort deserves getting games.
Oh, and Despres is back to 10 minutes a night.

Curiously, Bennett got 5:44 in the first tonight. That was promptly rectified when he looked good but made a mistake . . .

Must resist urge to be critical of bench management . . . must take more meds NOW.

Closed Thread