HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Columbus

Old
02-14-2013, 08:11 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Vancouver-Columbus

To Vancouver: Derek McKenzie
To Columbus: Andrew Ebbett/Dale Weise + 3rd round pick

With the loss of Malhotra the Canucks are now lacking a reliable left handed faceoff guy on their 4th line. Columbus looks to be building for the future so I figure there could be interest in adding a pick for a career 4th liner. The Jackets also receive a serviceable 4th liner of their own to go with the pick.

Thoughts?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Have no idea who Mckenzie is, but I'd trade away Ebbett for free, so would do it if it's him. Would rather keep Weise, though.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Wizeman*

Columbus would get first crack at Ebbett on waivers so i guess he is just a freebie on this deal.

Is Weise and a 3rd worth this Mc Kenzie guy? I dont know much about him.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Agreed with VanKillerWhale. I'd do Ebbet in a heart beat, but not Weise.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:02 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Columbus would get first crack at Ebbett on waivers so i guess he is just a freebie on this deal.

Is Weise and a 3rd worth this Mc Kenzie guy? I dont know much about him.
MacKenzie would basically give us what Malhotra did except he can take an even strength shift. I personally don't care for Weise and I think Mackenzie is worth the 3rd.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:17 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Of the two, Weise seems preferable, but I think it'd ultimately be worth it with Ebbett instead regardless. Many of us love DMac, but he's likely to end up squeezed out with future roster considerations, so getting value for him would be a good idea.

Besides, it continues the ongoing tradition of us providing your defensive centers for y'all.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Sergei Shirokov

I feel like we overpay.

For this price I would rather just give Pinnizzotto a shot and look elsewhere.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:02 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Of the two, Weise seems preferable, but I think it'd ultimately be worth it with Ebbett instead regardless. Many of us love DMac, but he's likely to end up squeezed out with future roster considerations, so getting value for him would be a good idea.

Besides, it continues the ongoing tradition of us providing your defensive centers for y'all.
I saw it exactly the same way. Hopefully we could do for DMac better than we did for Pahlsson as far as a playoff run is concerned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
I feel like we overpay.

For this price I would rather just give Pinnizzotto a shot and look elsewhere.
Pinizzotto's been injured for the past three months, so I don't see that working out.

Basically it's a 3rd round pick to upgrade Ebbett. MacKenzie's averaged 8 goals, 10 assists and 174 hits over the past two years (at 65 games per year), and 53.5% on faceoffs as a left hander. He's also signed through next year at $1 million. We gave up similar packages for Lapierre, Pahlsson and Higgins as UFA rentals. I think the value is pretty fair.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I saw it exactly the same way. Hopefully we could do for DMac better than we did for Pahlsson as far as a playoff run is concerned!

Pinizzotto's been injured for the past three months, so I don't see that working out.

Basically it's a 3rd round pick to upgrade Ebbett. MacKenzie's averaged 8 goals, 10 assists and 174 hits over the past two years (at 65 games per year), and 53.5% on faceoffs as a left hander. He's also signed through next year at $1 million. We gave up similar packages for Lapierre, Pahlsson and Higgins as UFA rentals. I think the value is pretty fair.
I think those players are all a bit better. This 3rd is more valuable too. Just look at the market right now, Tangradi went for a 7th, Loktionov went for a 5th, Ellerby went for a 5th, Ponikarovsky went for a 4th and 7th.

After looking at that list I don't know how the case could be made Mackenzie is worth a 3rd+.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:21 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
I think those players are all a bit better. This 3rd is more valuable too. Just look at the market right now, Tangradi went for a 7th, Loktionov went for a 5th, Ellerby went for a 5th, Ponikarovsky went for a 4th and 7th.

After looking at that list I don't know how the case could be made Mackenzie is worth a 3rd+.
Tangredi hasn't proven to be an NHL player. He was given a chance for the last three seasons in Pittsburgh and has one goal to show for it. Loktionov asked for a trade and the Kings took what they could get. Ellerby hasn't shown to be a capable NHL player yet either. Ponikarovsky is UFA at the end of the year.

A third might be a touch high, but a 4th is probably a touch low. Either way I think the value is pretty fair.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Tangredi hasn't proven to be an NHL player. He was given a chance for the last three seasons in Pittsburgh and has one goal to show for it. Loktionov asked for a trade and the Kings took what they could get. Ellerby hasn't shown to be a capable NHL player yet either. Ponikarovsky is UFA at the end of the year.

A third might be a touch high, but a 4th is probably a touch low. Either way I think the value is pretty fair.
He's really a journeyman depth player. I would do Ebbett + 4th maybe at the most, but I don't think he is worth more than that myself.

And I know the players are different, but the point is they are all more valuable than Mckenzie, even with the circumstances attached.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
He's really a journeyman depth player. I would do Ebbett + 4th maybe at the most, but I don't think he is worth more than that myself.
If it's a choice between that and just a 3rd, we'd prefer the 3rd. We stand a chance of losing our 3rd this year (it goes to NYR unless they make the Cup finals), so insurance would be nice.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
If it's a choice between that and just a 3rd, we'd prefer the 3rd. We stand a chance of losing our 3rd this year (it goes to NYR unless they make the Cup finals), so insurance would be nice.
I just don't think he is worth a 3rd honestly. Especially this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
I don't see why Vancouver fans are panicking to get a replacement for Malhotra. We're currently 8-2-2, and will be replacing Malhotra with Kesler for the next game. We'll be fine. If push comes to shove we can acquire someone at the deadline, but I don't think it's needed.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
I'm just curious to see what the trade market looks like this year. There could be 20 teams looking at buying, and I can see insane prices being thrown around for marginal and average players.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I'm just curious to see what the trade market looks like this year. There could be 20 teams looking at buying, and I can see insane prices being thrown around for marginal and average players.
If we could get an insanity price for DMac, you damn well bet I'd take it. But given the prices going around right now, I'm not sure how likely that is.

Then again, I've never seen the market in operation in a shortened season and thus what effects that has.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
If we could get an insanity price for DMac, you damn well bet I'd take it. But given the prices going around right now, I'm not sure how likely that is.

Then again, I've never seen the market in operation in a shortened season and thus what effects that has.
Yeah the market has been bizarre lately. I thought the Loktionov for 5th deal was just a one off, then we saw Ellerby for a 5th, Tangradi for a 7th and Ponikarovsky for 4th + 7th.

Trade deadline day will certainty be interesting this year.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:34 AM
StringerBell

Quote:

And I know the players are different, but the point is they are all more valuable than Mckenzie, even with the circumstances attached.
This is where we disagree I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I don't see why Vancouver fans are panicking to get a replacement for Malhotra. We're currently 8-2-2, and will be replacing Malhotra with Kesler for the next game. We'll be fine. If push comes to shove we can acquire someone at the deadline, but I don't think it's needed.
Personally I just don't like Weise. I think he's more of a bad 3rd liner than a good 4th liner. He lacks direction in his play. It's probably an unfounded dislike, but it's a strong one.

I would much rather have a 4th line of Higgins-MacKenzie-Lapierre than Higgins-Lapierre-Weise.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Wizeman*

Interesting thread. I would prefer we go after Raffe Torres instead.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Because, y'know, Vancouver just isn't quite hated enough.

I suspect Phoenix would prefer to keep him, but I dunno.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
If you want him at least spell his name right: Raffi

also rumor has it he wasn't liked in the room. Not going to happen if thats truthful.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
I wouldn't.

Kassian brings his physicality. But is better in every other area and knows when to hit and when not to hit.

Higgins or Raymond (The way he is playing) is a major upgrade over Raffi as a 3rd Line LWer right now anyways and no reason to waste assets to use him on the 4th when we have Volpatti & Weise.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:12 PM
mstad101

Quote:
I wouldn't.

Kassian brings his physicality. But is better in every other area and knows when to hit and when not to hit.

Higgins or Raymond (The way he is playing) is a major upgrade over Raffi as a 3rd Line LWer right now anyways and no reason to waste assets to use him on the 4th when we have [B]Volpatti & Weise.[B]
Both players will be sitting once Booth is back as well. Volpatti at least knows his role but is a terrible hockey player. Dale "Muffins" Weise is just a waste of a roster spot right now. Someone will be exposed to waivers with Booth returning and Schroeder not being sent down most likely.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 10:37 PM
ttam103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I don't know if we're panicing. I was always felt safe that for big faceoffs we would have sedin/maholtra or kesler/lapierre in case someone gets tossed from the dot.

I'm sure we'll be fine.

ttam103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Both players will be sitting once Booth is back as well. Volpatti at least knows his role but is a terrible hockey player. Dale "Muffins" Weise is just a waste of a roster spot right now. Someone will be exposed to waivers with Booth returning and Schroeder not being sent down most likely.
Ebbett will be sent down.

With Manny being placed on LTIR I'm pretty sure only 1 player will have to go.