HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp - Day 1 (Loooong post....)

Old
07-10-2006, 01:15 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
So when you said 'good stuff' Toshiro, were you referring to Whitesnake's post or the one above you.

Thanks for the info Whitesnake. I came across Timmins' cell number the other day; I got it from him at the rookie camp last year but never called because I haven't been doing any hockey writing. It looks like I'm going to be hooking up with McKeen's shortly to start publishing an annual draft guide, so I'm going to be in touch with him. He is a nice guy, and lives close to me actually in Arnprior.

Cepek was projected as a second or thrid round pick before his injury.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Duff88

Thanks, excellent report. Hopefully you can provide us with such great reports through the entire camp.

I truly appreciate those who do these kind of things! I really use these, I still have the 2004 Development Camp videos provided by a HF poster on my computer.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:18 PM
turnbuckle*

Fiver guys rated in their top three rounds is hardly startling considering four of the picks were indeed in the first three rounds.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
So from those words of Timmins. It means Belarus signed the transfer agreement but not Russia, right?

Thx Whitesnake, awesome.
Do you ask this because of the Grabovsky signing?

Grabovsky was a UFA, with no one holding his rights at all because he hadn't been paid by his RSL club (due to financing issues). So he was free to sign with whoever he wanted.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Good job mate, I'm hoping to go there one day this week, maybe I'll see you there

Dwight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
c)Fisher was truly fun to watch, everybody was taking those drills real seriously, he was to but with that funny smile on his face, seemed to enjoyed what he was doing, fell once, laughed about it, always that smile but working hard as well.
Thought that he was slower than expected at the beginning, but in the end he kind of regain some speed. He talked to a lot of guys, I think I see, just in one day, the kind of leader he could become.
Aye aye aye....... I attended to the first prospect camp of Ron HAINSEY and at that time, I wrote PRECISELY EVERYTHING YOU WROTE ON FISHER. I learned in the months following the camp that Hainsey was and is still cocky and not a team player, but while attending the camp, he was as you mentioned smilling and talking to everyone............ Is Fisher also cocky or are the similarities stopping there?

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:25 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
Do you ask this because of the Grabovsky signing?

Grabovsky was a UFA, with no one holding his rights at all because he hadn't been paid by his RSL club (due to financing issues). So he was free to sign with whoever he wanted.
Ok, yes Grabovski spanned this question.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:27 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Aye aye aye....... I attended to the first prospect camp of Ron HAINSEY and at that time, I wrote PRECISELY EVERYTHING YOU WROTE ON FISHER. I learned in the months following the camp that Hainsey was and is still cocky and not a team player, but while attending the camp, he was as you mentioned smilling and talking to everyone............ Is Fisher also cocky or are the similarities stopping there?
I think the words "working hard" was following the smiles. Something different than Hainsey, right there. But yes thats something I think we all agree on looking about Fischer.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch#3 View Post
Great post!!! I hope you continue your excellent coverage and tell us more about that Carey Price thing....
LOL! Again it's more a hunch than anything else.....and some conversation I heard between journalists that were there. If I hear something more, I'll let you guys know....Tons of journalists this morning Sauve from Radio-Can, some RDS people, Martin McGuire, Dany Dubé, Michael Whelan, Brunet from LaPresse....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:31 PM
HABsurde

[QUOTE=Keep you posted throughout the week, I have no life, wife is working nearby, on vacation, so what else to do but to freeze to death in this small small arena. [/QUOTE]

Watch out what you say about my arena, i'll have you kicked out if you don't behave...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tinyzombies

Quote:
I was at that development camp as well and I saw him at training camp as well during the intra-squads. Hainsey looked great. He moved the puck better than any of our defensemen. I was shocked that he didn't make the team...

Of course, I also remember Bulis making a Gretzky-type pass...lol

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nobak

I was hoping for a longer post because you put a disclaimer

Great read, many thanks.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Did TT say what type of camp Chip and Guy are in for Team Canada?

Thanks for the report! Were any other Habs front office execs around?
Nope and I didn't ask either, found it strange that both were there but not Price....anyway.

As far as execs, nobody was there think I heard that either Carbo or Gainey was in a golf tournament, and I don't remember for the other. Timmins said that he expect them to come some time this week. There was Melanson, Gingras, Timmins and some other coaches who have no idea who they were.

Old
07-10-2006, 01:33 PM
KaptainKourage*

Oh man... thanks I love you THAT much ... your so lucky to have talked to Timmins, he seems like a good guy. Do u talk about Savard to him ? And did he look very in shape like the pic on this webiste ?

Can we count of you making us a little report like this after all day (if u go to al of them for sure)

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:34 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Nope and I didn't ask either, found it strange that both were there but not Price....anyway.

As far as execs, nobody was there think I heard that either Carbo or Gainey was in a golf tournament, and I don't remember for the other. Timmins said that he expect them to come some time this week. There was Melanson, Gingras, Timmins and some other coaches who have no idea who they were.
Keep Gingras away from Price whatever they do!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pavlako11

awesome post!

pavlako11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan87 View Post
Wow great post !
Any info on Mathieu Aubin ?
Is atleast there ?
Yes he is. Like I wrote, stood tall out there, I have that stupid tendancy of comparing people and compare him to Urquhart though he looks nothing like him. Obviously there was no checks today or nothing with the puck but he looks much bigger than I've seen Urquhart in the past and looks faster as well. He's no dynamo but skates well I thought.

Old
07-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:

Price was already at a goalie camp for Team Canada

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Nice to see the reports are starting to come in. I look forward to more as the camp progresses. One quick question:

"Said that they got, at last year's draft, 5 guys in their own top 3. Cepek was obviously not on that list but the others were inclunding Valentenko."

Is that supposed to be 5 guys in their own top 30? That would mean Fischer, Maxwell, Carle, White and Valentenko were in the habs top 30 prospect list?

If that's the case, it really goes to show you how different the lists are from one team to another.

LOL. Ya! Lost a 0 in all those words. It's 5 out of the top 30, I've corrected it. So true that the 5 you named were in Timmins and CO top 30.....

Old
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Well Price attended the Team Canada juniors goaltender camp a short while ago, so it's possible that whatever sessions Lats and Chipper are at now are skaters-only.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
Well Price attended the Team Canada juniors goaltender camp a short while ago, so it's possible that whatever sessions Lats and Chipper are at now are skaters-only.
Yeah, thats probably it

Old
07-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
So from those words of Timmins. It means Belarus signed the transfer agreement but not Russia, right?

Thx Whitesnake, awesome.
I have no idea really. Obviously, Grabo signed so it might be a sign but for sure that Russia didn't sign anything so far but intend to.....But Montreal or somebody else could confirm this....

Old
07-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Well I don't remember Hainsey that well at the rookie camp, but did he sign some autographs. Cause Fisher did for a small boy, looked really proud to do it, looked at a lot of people. I ''smelled'' no cockiness in his part, not one bit of it. The guy was truly glad to be there, and worked truly hard.

Old
07-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Pat

great report...was Latendress there???

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2006, 01:42 PM
KaptainKourage*

haha... reading your post make me thinking .. OMG, who care about UFA when we have a bunch of good young prospects like that

Go Habs Go

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote