HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Nothing came of the Cooke-Lecavalier thing because everyone outside of Tampa knew it was obviously unintentional.
He was fined.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:52 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Seriously doubt it. We have far too many bottom 6 players as it is and have them filling in at top 6 roles currently.
Plus we're doing well enough now in generating penalties against us by flipping pucks out of the rink. We probably don't need any further assistance with that aspect of our game.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:58 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Plus we're doing well enough now in generating penalties against us by flipping pucks out of the rink. We probably don't need any further assistance with that aspect of our game.
True that. We are awesome at that.

Every 4 or 5 games I look forward to Brouwer chucking it up in the stands while on the PK leading to a 5 on 3 and then seeing that look on his face.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:31 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
True that. We are awesome at that.

Every 4 or 5 games I look forward to Brouwer chucking it up in the stands while on the PK leading to a 5 on 3 and then seeing that look on his face.
Didn't Cooke last year on a PK against us clear the puck down the ice and entirely out of the rink getting a delay of game.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Didn't Cooke last year on a PK against us clear the puck down the ice and entirely out of the rink getting a delay of game.
Yeah. Im pretty sure he thought he was playing for the Caps when he did that.

Seriously..we HAD to be one of the league leaders in that category last year.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!

Quote:
Indeed. I'd never seen anything like that before.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

That was Cooke? For some reason I thought that was Malone.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
DCRedhawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
Indeed. I'd never seen anything like that before.

Haha I seem to remember Ovechkin actually doing something similar when he was on a PP in Tampa in 2010-2011 - he slapped it from behind the Caps own blue line to dump it in and it hit the meshing behind Rolosons net haha.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
IafrateOvie34

I'm probably the only Caps fan that likes Cooke. I especially liked the Cooke trade back in 2008. In fact I believe getting Federov and Cooke were the best moves that GMGM has made. I wanted him resigned because this team needed a player like him. I don't like the cheap shots, but lets be honest, he isn't the first player in NHL history to make them. He is the type of player you love playing for your team, but hate playing against him. I do hate the fact he signed with Pittsburgh, but I can't blame them for signing him.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!

Definitely Cooke.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:43 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I'm probably the only Caps fan that likes Cooke. I especially liked the Cooke trade back in 2008. In fact I believe getting Federov and Cooke were the best moves that GMGM has made. I wanted him resigned because this team needed a player like him. I don't like the cheap shots, but lets be honest, he isn't the first player in NHL history to make them. He is the type of player you love playing for your team, but hate playing against him. I do hate the fact he signed with Pittsburgh, but I can't blame them for signing him.
I agree with most of this. Well..except for one thing. I don't mind cheapshots as long as he is playing (was playing) for the Caps.

Hunter was one of my favorite Caps ever (an fans LOVED the guy) but he is probably one of the dirtiest cheapshot players in NHL history right up there with the likes of Claude Lemieux and others.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I like the deal for Cooke (especially given that we gave them Pettinger). I hate Cooke. How you can rank that move about the move for Huet is beyond me, though.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Ah it was two years ago then. BB was still behind the Caps bench and looking at the footage and bottom banner, the Atlanta Thrashers were still in existence.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I like the deal for Cooke (especially given that we gave them Pettinger). I hate Cooke. How you can rank that move about the move for Huet is beyond me, though.
I don't rule out Huet, he was one of the trades that made us get into the 2008 playoffs. I never saw him being here after 2008 season like I was thinking Cooke would be. Fortunately for us, Huet withered away.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
gogensgo

This is impressive. Aside from it being an interesting marketing plan for Phoenix which needs it, it puts some added onus on the players to be accountable defensively and to stay focussed, otherwise in addition to answering to the coaches, they will be getting increased heat from the fans. Personally I love the idea!!

"You gotta hand it to the Coyotes. They won’t take “seriously, we don’t care” for an answer from potential ticket buyers in the greater Phoenix area.

The team announced today what has to be the craziest, and most convoluted, ticket “package” ever.

From the press release:

The GOALden Ticket allows fans to purchase one of two ticket packages to attend anywhere from one to 10 of the Coyotes’ final 2012-13 regular season home games in lower level seats (regularly priced at $75). By purchasing the first ticket package for $100, a fan will receive five (5) goals on their GOALden Ticket. Beginning on March 9 versus the Dallas Stars, fans will be able to see up to 10 Coyotes home games until the team gives up five (5) goals at Jobing.com Arena. Once that happens, the GOALden Ticket is void.

The second ticket package provides the fan with 25 goals on their GOALden Ticket for the price of $250. Beginning on March 9 versus the Stars, fans will have an opportunity to attend up to 10 Coyotes home games until the team gives up 25 goals at Jobing.com Arena. Once this occurs, the GOALden Ticket is void.

So basically they’re asking you to gamble that the team’s defense will remain solid long enough for you to get your money’s worth.

Even with goaltender Mike Smith playing better of late, that’s not necessarily a safe bet. The Coyotes already this season have played two home games, both against Chicago, that would have seen the promotion end in a single night with six goals-against. In that case, your GOALden memories of the Coyotes would be of overpaying for your ticket by $25 and seeing your team get smoked. Probably not the best recipe for return business.

But if the promotion had been available starting Jan. 28, a fan could have gone to five games — Nashville (0), Edmonton (2), Dallas (0), Minnesota (1) and Chicago, before the fifth goal voided his ticket. Not bad at all.

And the $250 package? The Coyotes have given up 20 goals through eight home games this season, so it might be possible to stretch it out for the max 10 games. A fan could have seen the final 10 games last season under the plan, putting the average ticket price at $25 a pop. Not bad."

Old
02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Who wrote that copy, Faulkner? What on earth does any of it mean?

Old
02-14-2013, 04:36 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogensgo View Post
This is impressive. Aside from it being an interesting marketing plan for Phoenix which needs it, it puts some added onus on the players to be accountable defensively and to stay focussed, otherwise in addition to answering to the coaches, they will be getting increased heat from the fans. Personally I love the idea!!

"You gotta hand it to the Coyotes. They won’t take “seriously, we don’t care” for an answer from potential ticket buyers in the greater Phoenix area.

The team announced today what has to be the craziest, and most convoluted, ticket “package” ever.

From the press release:

The GOALden Ticket allows fans to purchase one of two ticket packages to attend anywhere from one to 10 of the Coyotes’ final 2012-13 regular season home games in lower level seats (regularly priced at $75). By purchasing the first ticket package for $100, a fan will receive five (5) goals on their GOALden Ticket. Beginning on March 9 versus the Dallas Stars, fans will be able to see up to 10 Coyotes home games until the team gives up five (5) goals at Jobing.com Arena. Once that happens, the GOALden Ticket is void.

The second ticket package provides the fan with 25 goals on their GOALden Ticket for the price of $250. Beginning on March 9 versus the Stars, fans will have an opportunity to attend up to 10 Coyotes home games until the team gives up 25 goals at Jobing.com Arena. Once this occurs, the GOALden Ticket is void.

So basically they’re asking you to gamble that the team’s defense will remain solid long enough for you to get your money’s worth.

Even with goaltender Mike Smith playing better of late, that’s not necessarily a safe bet. The Coyotes already this season have played two home games, both against Chicago, that would have seen the promotion end in a single night with six goals-against. In that case, your GOALden memories of the Coyotes would be of overpaying for your ticket by $25 and seeing your team get smoked. Probably not the best recipe for return business.

But if the promotion had been available starting Jan. 28, a fan could have gone to five games — Nashville (0), Edmonton (2), Dallas (0), Minnesota (1) and Chicago, before the fifth goal voided his ticket. Not bad at all.

And the $250 package? The Coyotes have given up 20 goals through eight home games this season, so it might be possible to stretch it out for the max 10 games. A fan could have seen the final 10 games last season under the plan, putting the average ticket price at $25 a pop. Not bad."
Yotes' trying to lose fans? lol

Old
02-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Rangers demote Kreider to AHL
HOF players get sent to AHL?

Old
02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
But how is he going to get himself back into the lineup, when Torts said him to take it easy in AHL.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:09 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Damn came here to post that...

JT Miller staying though. It seems the Caps are copying the Rangers, the Rangers seem to have a lot of good American prospects.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:40 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Wow, NHL has a headline about the Sharks seeking their first win in February.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:39 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

I ****ing hate Winnipeg. Their PK is atrocious, Crosby gets a point because of the Winnipeg making it look like Penguins are on a 5 on 3 PP.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

So lucky our division sucks.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:03 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
So lucky our division sucks.
I think it's kept the Caps mostly mediocre. The most regular competition is often hardly any at all. Playing in a real division requires a different level.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:43 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
I think it's kept the Caps mostly mediocre. The most regular competition is often hardly any at all. Playing in a real division requires a different level.
What the **** are you talking about?

You play 20 games in each of the other divisions in your conference and 24 in your own division.

Points from Atlantic teams, including the Atlantic teams themselves point totals, Caps have were 2nd in 08-09, tied for 1st in 09-10, and 2nd in 10-11. Caps have dominated the Atlantic better than any Atlantic team has dominated the SE.

Closed Thread