HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Jets - Adams >>> Tangradi

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2013, 09:42 PM
  #101
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
See... I just thought he was mediocre. And I thought Sid played like balls. Though I have exacting standards for both that are admittedly difficult to live up to game by game.

But then... I've also thought one or the other have played great but then come in here to poke around and the entire thread is a bash fest. It isn't a criticism, really... just an observation. Like they say... your mileage may vary.

I think we can all agree that having to watch Kennedy play for even one more shift is getting into "cruel and unusual" territory.
What does that mean for those stuck playing on a line with him? I'm thinking 'red hot poker' and 'all the way'.

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:43 PM
  #102
Wickedtune
Registered User
 
Wickedtune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'm not sure what's more ****** up . . . that TK and Engo both will play next game or your lady friend's eyesight.

BTW, aside from when he was partnered with Borts (aside from their first and last games together), Engo has blown chunks all year.
His ladyfriend's eyesight is just fine, Engelland is sexy as hell.

Wickedtune is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:43 PM
  #103
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
This is also why Martin and Letang NEED to play the point on the PP!
No, that's not a reason.

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
  #104
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedtune View Post
His ladyfriend's eyesight is just fine, Engelland is sexy as hell.
Yeah, and TK doesn't look like he descends from something I'd order at IHOP.

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:47 PM
  #105
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
See... I just thought he was mediocre. And I thought Sid played like balls. Though I have exacting standards for both that are admittedly difficult to live up to game by game.

But then... I've also thought one or the other have played great but then come in here to poke around and the entire thread is a bash fest. It isn't a criticism, really... just an observation. Like they say... your mileage may vary.

I think we can all agree that having to watch Kennedy play for even one more shift is getting into "cruel and unusual" territory.
I'll probably get bashed for this based on some GDT comments, but I thought Sid was really good defensively.

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:48 PM
  #106
Pitt's Best #87 #66
Registered User
 
Pitt's Best #87 #66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,075
vCash: 500
What line did Bennett play on tonight?

Pitt's Best #87 #66 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
  #107
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Lesshaus > Morehaus
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt's Best #87 #66 View Post
What line did Bennett play on tonight?
Mostly 3, some shifts with line 2.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
  #108
BlindWillyMcHurt
Registered User
 
BlindWillyMcHurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I'll probably get bashed for this based on some GDT comments, but I thought Sid was really good defensively.
I'm probably being a bit harsh. Like I said... exacting standards.

They can't all be gems, you know? Even for the best in the world.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:54 PM
  #109
UnrealMachine
Registered User
 
UnrealMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
I like Bort a lot as well and want to see him back in the lineup, but why is the switch centered around Niskanen and not Despres? I like that Despres can make some slick plays with the puck, but he still makes several several defensive errors every game that seem to get glossed over. They are catching up with him as well in terms of the number of goals against while on the ice.

UnrealMachine is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:55 PM
  #110
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,101
vCash: 500
Not the best game from Sid or Geno...

4th line had a few good shifts.

Thought Bennett gave that 3rd line a nice jolt of energy. To be honest, I thought TK played better this game than in some of his previous ones.

SEALBound is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
  #111
Wickedtune
Registered User
 
Wickedtune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Yeah, and TK doesn't look like he descends from something I'd order at IHOP.
Really? Kennedy looks tasty to you? Good luck choking that down.

I guess since I came out of lurkdom to defend Engo's hotness I should comment on the game, that was one of the worst 5-on-3's I've ever seen. And this team has had some bad ones. So of course they scored on it.


Last edited by Wickedtune: 02-15-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Wickedtune is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 09:59 PM
  #112
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 15,457
vCash: 500
I thought Sid looked pretty good, but was basically playing by himself with Duper and Kunitz not helping him at all.

Ragamuffin Gunner is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
  #113
KiuasWarrior
Registered User
 
KiuasWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
CRAIG ****ING ADAMS.

Fleury was great.

Man, that call at the end of the game. Brutal. **** happens.

KiuasWarrior is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:39 PM
  #114
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 13,942
vCash: 500
The third line really needs a new identity, it's almost as much of a pressing need as a top six winger.

Zen Arcade is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:43 PM
  #115
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
The third line really needs a new identity, it's almost as much of a pressing need as a top six winger.
I completely disagree. I think Cooke and Kennedy have been **** all season on that line. Cooke barely looks like he's moving until he was moved up with Geno. Tyler Kennedy has been a ghost since signing his 2M contract. A complete ghost. I remember writing about him winning battle after battle and now he is a 4th line player at best competing with Glass.

I think those two need to step it the hell up or move on.

ColePens is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:47 PM
  #116
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 450
Beau's gonna be a good NHL player. Smart, quick reaction, confidence already.

If I'm Shero my plan right now is to leave BB in the lineup for at least 6-8 games to see how he's doing. If he fits now, wicked, no trades necessary until the deadline. If he doesn't, no big deal, send him down for the time being and make that trade he appears to be working on.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:47 PM
  #117
FDBluth
Registered User
 
FDBluth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,818
vCash: 500
I miss when Crosby would attack the D any time he got the puck with speed in the neutral zone. He used to skate through the defense on a nightly basis. Now he button hooks everytime he gains the zone and looks for the trailer. Or, in this game, he'd gain the blueline and right away take a weak wrist shot. That's not good enough.

Also, the breakout is getting annoying. How many times per game do we see the forwards exit the zone before the d-men can make a play and then watch the defensemen stand in with the puck in their own zone with no one to pass to? They rarely exit the zone as a team because they focus on playing too quickly. When it works it's great, but it almost never works.


Last edited by FDBluth: 02-15-2013 at 10:58 PM.
FDBluth is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:52 PM
  #118
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
I miss when Crosby would attack the D any time he got the puck with speed in the neutral zone. He used to skate through the defense on a nightly basis. Now he button hooks everytime he gains the zone and looks for the trailer. Or, in this game, he'd gain the blueline and right away and take a weak wrist shot. That's not good enough.

Also, the breakout is getting annoying. How many times per game do we see the forwards exit the zone before the d-men can make a play and then watch the defensemen stand in with the puck in their own zone with no one to pass to? They rarely exit the zone as a team because they focus on playing too quickly. When it works it's great, but it almost never works.
In absolute agreement... Except for the 'is getting' bit. It's been like that all season, and it is KILLING our 5 on 5 offense.

Tender Rip is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:56 PM
  #119
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 13,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I completely disagree. I think Cooke and Kennedy have been **** all season on that line. Cooke barely looks like he's moving until he was moved up with Geno. Tyler Kennedy has been a ghost since signing his 2M contract. A complete ghost. I remember writing about him winning battle after battle and now he is a 4th line player at best competing with Glass.

I think those two need to step it the hell up or move on.
Did I word it poorly...or? I don't see what we completely disagree about.

I said they needed a new identity, because like you said, Cooke and Kennedy haven't been cutting it. Sutter is basically an island on that line, I want it to be a legitimate checking line again no more putting top six castoffs there (not directed at Bennett), no more shoehorning 4th liners there.

Whether it's adding Clutterbuck or whoever, I can't imagine Shero doesn't see that there's an issue there.

Zen Arcade is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:15 PM
  #120
edog37
Registered User
 
edog37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
++ MAF. Played lights out
++ Adams. Played lights out
+++ Brooklyn's Finest. Ethan Hawke & Don Cheadle were great in this movie! Great after game find on Netflix!

edog37 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:15 PM
  #121
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Did I word it poorly...or? I don't see what we completely disagree about.

I said they needed a new identity, because like you said, Cooke and Kennedy haven't been cutting it. Sutter is basically an island on that line, I want it to be a legitimate checking line again no more putting top six castoffs there (not directed at Bennett), no more shoehorning 4th liners there.

Whether it's adding Clutterbuck or whoever, I can't imagine Shero doesn't see that there's an issue there.
I see. I misunderstood. I thought you meant Sutter was an issue. I was wrong.

ColePens is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:22 PM
  #122
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
I wonder if Cooke should go with Kennedy if Shero ever moves TK.

Honour Over Glory is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:34 PM
  #123
turd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 482
vCash: 500
It was cute seeing Tangradi try to "prove the Pens wrong." I guarantee he doesn't play the rest of the season with half the passion he did tonight.

turd is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:40 PM
  #124
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 13,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I see. I misunderstood. I thought you meant Sutter was an issue. I was wrong.
If anything, I want them build a third line around Sutter that's tough defensively and hell to play against down low in the offensive zone.

When I saw Boychuk and Kennedy flanking Sutter on Wednesday all I could think of was guys like Josef Beranek.

One of the underrated things Shero did when he took over was turn the bottom six into an actual bottom six instead of an organizational junk drawer.

Zen Arcade is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:42 PM
  #125
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,880
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by turd View Post
It was cute seeing Tangradi try to "prove the Pens wrong." I guarantee he doesn't play the rest of the season with half the passion he did tonight.
Seeing him with that sort of hustle, even if it is yes just temporary kinda made me annoyed.

Where was that hustle when he was with us???

MetalheadPenguinsFan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.