HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2013, 10:18 PM
  #376
ExMachina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
SI.com has a piece on valid suitors for Ryan O'Reilly, and the Winnipeg Jets are the first team mentioned.

Little or Burmistrov plus Postma.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/02/15/possibl.../?sct=uk_t2_a3

ExMachina is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:20 PM
  #377
Jet
Moderator
Confirmed Pav Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMachina View Post
SI.com has a piece on valid suitors for Ryan O'Reilly, and the Winnipeg Jets are the first team mentioned.

Little or Burmistrov plus Postma.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/02/15/possibl.../?sct=uk_t2_a3
I don't know how much stock I put in Sports Illustrated, but if it's true, I want it to be Little and Postma, not Burmistrov. I think Burmi is blossoming into one of the leagues premiere 2 way players. I like Little but I don't see him as much of a special player as Burmistrov.

Also, when I think about fire, passion and compete, I think Burmi, not Little.

__________________
The Jets rollercoaster ride is now over. Please wait for it to come to a complete stop before exiting
Jet is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:23 PM
  #378
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Mentioned it would be a Burmistrov , Little , Wheeler plus ... if Colorado would take Burmistrov and Postma , that trade imo makes the Jets better now and in the future .

Takes value to get that kind of value , and young value at that.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:26 PM
  #379
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,867
vCash: 234
Trading for RoR, sure. How about getting him signed? The kid is looking for either a contender or a payday. Not sure I see that as any kind of fit on the Jets right now.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:35 PM
  #380
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Trading for RoR, sure. How about getting him signed? The kid is looking for either a contender or a payday. Not sure I see that as any kind of fit on the Jets right now.
Everyone is looking for a pay day . Not sure what may have caused a personal issue or bad blood here , but if he was traded for, the contract wouldn't be an issue.

Sure there is exploration being done , I think Colorado gets a lot if they do trade him , more than I think Wpg. would pay.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:37 PM
  #381
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,045
vCash: 50
Can they do a sign and trade now like the NBA?

broinwhyteridge is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:40 PM
  #382
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMachina View Post
SI.com has a piece on valid suitors for Ryan O'Reilly, and the Winnipeg Jets are the first team mentioned.

Little or Burmistrov plus Postma.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/02/15/possibl.../?sct=uk_t2_a3
I wonder if they would do ROR for Wheeler straight up.

A big time move could be the end of 'win now'. If they give up on 'win now', I like the idea of staying younger and getting cheaper / more flexible.

Little would still be in his prime when ROR, Kane, Burmistrov, Bogosian, Scheifele and perhaps Trouba rolled into theirs. Wheeler may be on the down swing by then.

Just a thought.

truck is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:40 PM
  #383
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,761
vCash: 500
Just wondering out loud here, would Chevy consider trading Kane?

I'm one of Kane's biggest fans (I have his jersey), but with all the off ice stuff and his current lack luster play could he be in play?

I think Colorado would have to add to ROR if Kane was going the other way. Perhaps their 2013 1st??? Is that too rich for their blood if Postma were added to the deal? Just spit ballin' here.

Not promoting or advocating a trade Kane campaign, just wondering if he's as untouchable as we think.

untouchable21 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:54 PM
  #384
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
IMO , Cheveldayoff would prefer not to rip this team apart , or deal what he believes are the young core components. Saying that, it will soon be a year and half and he will have made some decisions on those players and if he can make the team better he will .

Much like it appears Colorado is firm to what they need in return , I am sure Chevy knows the same for his young talent and if he truly believes he can make his team better for the long term he will. No one is untouchable.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 10:57 PM
  #385
Wpgpage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Just wondering out loud here, would Chevy consider trading Kane?

I'm one of Kane's biggest fans (I have his jersey), but with all the off ice stuff and his current lack luster play could he be in play?

I think Colorado would have to add to ROR if Kane was going the other way. Perhaps their 2013 1st??? Is that too rich for their blood if Postma were added to the deal? Just spit ballin' here.

Not promoting or advocating a trade Kane campaign, just wondering if he's as untouchable as we think.
I think you would see Trouba and Scheif traded before Kane, He is the most talented Jet by far and although he has not been hitting the score sheet as much lately he has still be one of the best Jets on the ice night in and night out. As for the off ice stuff I really think TNSE could care less as really he has done nothing wrong.

Wpgpage is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:04 PM
  #386
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,117
vCash: 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
I think you would see Trouba and Scheif traded before Kane, He is the most talented Jet by far and although he has not been hitting the score sheet as much lately he has still be one of the best Jets on the ice night in and night out. As for the off ice stuff I really think TNSE could care less as really he has done nothing wrong.
In all honesty I can't see Chevy trading Trouba under any conditions. Trouba is Chevy's guy. He is big mean and hits a ton, and oh yeah he is pretty good in all other areas of his game. He had almost wet himself being interviewed after the Trouba pick, and didn't seem to bat an eye at all the offensive talent on the table. The WJC just solidified Chevy's pick. IMO Chevy will wait out his development no matter what.

KingBogo is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:07 PM
  #387
Jet
Moderator
Confirmed Pav Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Mentioned it would be a Burmistrov , Little , Wheeler plus ... if Colorado would take Burmistrov and Postma , that trade imo makes the Jets better now and in the future .

Takes value to get that kind of value , and young value at that.
Trading Burmistrov right now could make Chevy look extremely stupid. I feel like he is on the edge of something special.

Jet is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:07 PM
  #388
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
I don't know how much stock I put in Sports Illustrated, but if it's true, I want it to be Little and Postma, not Burmistrov. I think Burmi is blossoming into one of the leagues premiere 2 way players. I like Little but I don't see him as much of a special player as Burmistrov.

Also, when I think about fire, passion and compete, I think Burmi, not Little.
Agreed.

Little + Postma has been a price bandied around on other boards as well. I'd pull the trigger on that deal if it were up to me.

Sweech is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:17 PM
  #389
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Don't wanna Burmi go. Little + Postma sounds reasonable.

Also with Avs can't sign ROR and Johnson injured I would attempt to make a Kane + Buff for ROR + Duchene trade, tank this season and draft Jones. Sweet dreams

Fuelled by Passion is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:19 PM
  #390
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Trading Burmistrov right now could make Chevy look extremely stupid. I feel like he is on the edge of something special.
Sure it could. If he trades Burmistrov and gets nothing in return , or if Burmistrov actually produces to the level some people think he is one game away from.

If Burmistrov continues as he has , he may never have the same value again. That is why Cheveldayoff evaluates hockey talent and makes decisions in regard to that. Being on the edge of something special but never getting past that isn't special.

ROR isn't a guy you are thinking can play at a certain level and he obviously would require talent back to make a deal , someone on the call in show suggested Postma and Cormier , obviously that is not even worth commenting further on.

We are now past the 1/4 pole for this season , by the 1/2 way point will the latent production arrive? To stay? Personally I doubt Colorado would take Burmistrov as the near equal for ROR. Probably a moot point , but you aren't getting a very young productive character guy for squat.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:20 PM
  #391
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Agreed.

Little + Postma has been a price bandied around on other boards as well. I'd pull the trigger on that deal if it were up to me.
As opposed to Burmistrov and Postma?

jetkarma is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:24 PM
  #392
Jet
Moderator
Confirmed Pav Basher
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Sure it could. If he trades Burmistrov and gets nothing in return , or if Burmistrov actually produces to the level some people think he is one game away from.

If Burmistrov continues as he has , he may never have the same value again. That is why Cheveldayoff evaluates hockey talent and makes decisions in regard to that. Being on the edge of something special but never getting past that isn't special.

ROR isn't a guy you are thinking can play at a certain level and he obviously would require talent back to make a deal , someone on the call in show suggested Postma and Cormier , obviously that is not even worth commenting further on.

We are now past the 1/4 pole for this season , by the 1/2 way point will the latent production arrive? To stay? Personally I doubt Colorado would take Burmistrov as the near equal for ROR. Probably a moot point , but you aren't getting a very young productive character guy for squat.
Little and Postma is hardly squat. You are getting an established offensive player who's still fairly young and a offensive defenseman with some nice potential.

I think Burmistrov at his top end is better than ROR at his. Ryan is probably going to be a gritty heart and soul respectable scorer. Burmistrov really looks like he might develop into an elite defensive forward who can also contribute offensively and isn't afraid to use his body.

Jet is online now  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:25 PM
  #393
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I wonder if they would do ROR for Wheeler straight up.

A big time move could be the end of 'win now'. If they give up on 'win now', I like the idea of staying younger and getting cheaper / more flexible.

Little would still be in his prime when ROR, Kane, Burmistrov, Bogosian, Scheifele and perhaps Trouba rolled into theirs. Wheeler may be on the down swing by then.

Just a thought.
Interesting thought truck.

Wheeler being a RFA after this season, what do you pay him. He'll likely have around 40 pts (maybe slightly less), and would likely be looking for somewhere around $5 mill/season as well.

I think i'd rather pay that to ROR, than Wheeler.

Bob E is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
  #394
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Little and Postma is hardly squat. You are getting an established offensive player who's still fairly young and a offensive defenseman with some nice potential.

I think Burmistrov at his top end is better than ROR at his. Ryan is probably going to be a gritty heart and soul respectable scorer. Burmistrov really looks like he might develop into an elite defensive forward who can also contribute offensively and isn't afraid to use his body.
I agree it isn't squat. Right now Little is affecting more games bottom line than Burmistrov. So if Burmistrov doesn't dramatically improve his production then Little instead of him is a higher payment.

"Looks like he might develop" that is banking on that happening and there is far from universal agreement on that actually occurring .What is contribute offensively ? 15 goals 40 points over 80 games?
At some point Burmistrov has to start to produce imo , at some point if he doesn't , his value is quite a bit less. That is something I am sure is being thought about.

Like I said , I doubt that makes Colorado make that trade.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:38 PM
  #395
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Interesting thought truck.

Wheeler being a RFA after this season, what do you pay him. He'll likely have around 40 pts (maybe slightly less), and would likely be looking for somewhere around $5 mill/season as well.

I think i'd rather pay that to ROR, than Wheeler.
...and if you end up with them both (by trading Little or Burmi) that would leave the Jets on the hook for a lot of salaryand lex room for flex.

Buff, Toby, Kane, Ladd, Wheeler, Bogo and ROR would suck up a lot of $.

truck is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:42 PM
  #396
JetsFan815
Registered User
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Interesting thought truck.

Wheeler being a RFA after this season, what do you pay him. He'll likely have around 40 pts (maybe slightly less), and would likely be looking for somewhere around $5 mill/season as well.

I think i'd rather pay that to ROR, than Wheeler.
I woudn't do Wheeler for RoR straight up trade I'd rather pay Wheeler than ROR. Wheeler simply has more offensive talent. People are forgeting that when Wheeler is on, he can look like Malkin out there.

JetsFan815 is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:43 PM
  #397
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
...and if you end up with them both (by trading Little or Burmi) that would leave the Jets on the hook for a lot of salaryand lex room for flex.

Buff, Toby, Kane, Ladd, Wheeler, Bogo and ROR would suck up a lot of $.
True , but would Colorado rather pay Wheeler than ROR?

jetkarma is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:50 PM
  #398
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
I woudn't do Wheeler for RoR straight up trade I'd rather pay Wheeler than ROR. Wheeler simply has more offensive talent. People are forgeting that when Wheeler is on, he can look like Malkin out there.
He can look great, but he will also be 30 in 4 years when the youngsters hits their prime.

truck is offline  
Old
02-15-2013, 11:53 PM
  #399
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
True , but would Colorado rather pay Wheeler than ROR?
Not sure.

But a top line of Gabe, Matty D and Wheeler wod be plenty fun. I don't know if their ROR issue is about 1 year of numbers, dollars or the fact that he won't be their #1.

truck is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 12:02 AM
  #400
Boreal
Registered User
 
Boreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
I am a big Ryan O'Reilly fan. You will not have to worry about that gentleman sandbagging it out there. His offensive ceiling is not crazy high, but his effort alone will make him respectable every year in the O-zone while being a defensive force.


I would not be unhappy if he was a Jet... but I would not be willing to move Burmistrov. Burmi and ROR are the the kind of guys you win with, in my opinion.

Boreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.