St. John's IceCaps 2012-13 - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 05:28 PM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Machacek may feel like he got ripped off by not being invited to camp, or when the Jets claimed Wright off of waivers. But that was in January. He's had a stinker of a season since October. Maybe if he had been leading the Ice Caps like management expected then he would be on the big squad now.
He did come to camp. He was sent down. Many reports of him acting as though he already had a spot. Not the amount of effort you'd expect someone fighting for a spot to have. He had a good end to the season with the Jets last year and got a training camp spot.

I think Wright was claimed because Machacek was going to go back down. He didn't earn his spot.

I think all this debate over a prospect like Machacek is pointless anyway. If he's as good as some people claim, he'd be wasted on the fourth line, and that's where he'd end up, just like Wright.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:29 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Maybe you are right. Maybe I am right. But we'll never know since he has never gotten a real chance.

Your quick to dismiss his season last year, but he was contributing in a lot more ways than the scoresheet as well. People forget that, he was hitting, cycling, skating, decent enough job on the breakout, decent positionally, did all the little things right, and the good luck was a product of that.

You say "clearly" not good enough, I see Jets management ****ing him over for some reason I have yet to decipher. Some imagined attitude thing, IMO. Imagined being the key word.
I didn't see those little things that you mention. He wasn't bad, by he was by no means special.

I saw a marginal 4th liner. Not quite sure how it boils down to him being screwed over. He got looks from the Thrashers twice and two separate looks from the Jets last year.

He got an invite to training camp this year too and guess what, he didn't make it.

Also, did you just imagine that TNSE imagined that Spencer Machacek has an attitude problem?

Old
02-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I didn't see those little things that you mention. He wasn't bad, by he was by no means special.

I saw a marginal 4th liner. Not quite sure how it boils down to him being screwed over. He got looks from the Thrashers twice and two separate looks from the Jets last year.

He got an invite to training camp this year too and guess what, he didn't make it.

Also, did you just imagine that TNSE imagined that Spencer Machacek has an attitude problem?
Exactly.At some point you have to move on.You got other guys in the system ready.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Maybe you are right. Maybe I am right. But we'll never know since he has never gotten a real chance.

Your quick to dismiss his season last year, but he was contributing in a lot more ways than the scoresheet as well. People forget that, he was hitting, cycling, skating, decent enough job on the breakout, decent positionally, did all the little things right, and the good luck was a product of that.

You say "clearly" not good enough, I see Jets management ****ing him over for some reason I have yet to decipher. Some imagined attitude thing, IMO. Imagined being the key word.
You clearly have a soft spot for Macho, that's cool. It happens to all of us. As for the 'he didn't get an honest shot' I wholeheartedly disagree. Once again, he is a mid 20's guy who passed through waivers. He's done.

02-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
You clearly have a soft spot for Macho, that's cool. It happens to all of us. As for the 'he didn't get an honest shot' I wholeheartedly disagree. Once again, he is a mid 20's guy who passed through waivers. He's done.
Maybe that's true in this case. But if you used this mentality all the time you'd have missed out on crazy amount of talent...

Old
02-11-2013, 10:07 PM
trouty

Isnt Machacek a free agent at years end,If so hes letting Jets Management know in advance hes finished with the orgainization,and since no one wants him were stuck with a 300,000 floater or whatever he makes.Good riddence to him and the other crybaby piles of junk that lost out to camp,Maxime Gagnon 2 more that have been useless,sad Gagnon and Machacek make that much its sad.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:19 PM
truck
HFB Partner

I know the team sucks, but are there any bright spots worth noting? O'Dell seems to be playing well. How about the youngsters on D? There is obviously work to do, but is there any upside with the current batch? I haven't caught a game for a while.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Machacek's RFA. Don't know what the Jets plan to do yet. He only makes 70K or so in the AHL.

Gagnon is on a one-way, but he was signed under a different contract for much of the year so he likely did not make even half that this season.

But these guys earned their money. They got good contracts since they had proven their worth in previous years, let's not go jumping the gun. Hell Machacek could have made 4-5 times as much if he had signed in Europe this year, but he choose to return to St. John's. Gagnon had a good track record in AHL before this year, it's odd that he cannot even play at AHL level anymore, I mean the one-way contract was stupid but oh well, it's not his fault he got offered that much.

Bothers me how people can blame Gagnon for taking the best contract he was offered, just like Hainsey, they didn't pay themselves, they took the offer they got. If anybody you should direct your anger at Heisinger or rather Chevy if you are really that upset about what they are making. TBH, for AHL it does matter even slightly what they are making, there's no cap...

Old
02-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I would love to see last seasons Machacek back. Good size and hardworking. But, something is off here. He ended the year on a real nice positive note, collected 9 points in 13 games and was a +8. I don't know if there were many Jets fans who didn't pencil Spencer into this roster.

Between the end of last season to the beginning of this (AHL) season (lockout), to training camp in January, something really went off the tracks for Machacek by all indications. The Jets have noticed and apparently so did (up to) the remaining other 29 NHL organizations.

Not every day does an early-twenty something year old who appeared to hit a stride in the NHL with all those things Holden mentions he seen, with the 9 points in just 13 games and a +8 NOT get claimed for FREE on waivers.

Somethings up. From a glance, it is odd that the entire league passed on this young player. Why? Who knows. Perhaps the armchair GM's (us) simply don't know what we think we know.

I wish Spencer the best headed forward, whether it be in a Jets uniform or with another organization.

Last edited by Guerzy: 02-11-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old
02-12-2013, 02:03 AM
trouty

Quote:
I know the team sucks, but are there any bright spots worth noting? O'Dell seems to be playing well. How about the youngsters on D? There is obviously work to do, but is there any upside with the current batch? I haven't caught a game for a while.
The defence is exactlly how i expected,young inexperienced making mistakes,bright spots Melchorri Charrot 2 best

Netminding Pazqualle been beyond terrible and probobly cost the Caps more games then hes won.

Forwards Teligin has been good if he adds weight and musicle he will be good

O Dell beyond the best all around prospect,can play between any 2 guys

Klingberg has unfortunitly 1 year left before he stays in Sweden no team will waste a vet slot on him

Cormier heart and sole really love what he brings game in game out

Maxime Mass -had great start to year,lockout ended he returned and became Spencer part 2 another invisable guy

Maxwell-this guy who knows,out of the bunch hes trying the most,i just think Ben's having a offyear honestly

Spencer-attitude coming into St.John's did zero for 2 months,when hint lockout might end he did put up points,soon as he was sent back to Caps does not care,and prob wont do anything rest of season hes totally tuned out now

Gagnon-just no clue where this guys been all year,thou sunday he played his best game

O Neil thou u all love him,is prob the worst rook D and would benifit in Colorado,but i dont see Jets sending him

Sol-I think can be a force hes a big boy but needs to bulk up,once he does bulk god watch out

Most bright spots are being provided by non Jet Prospects unfortunitly,most times the ahl guys are providing the spark

Old
02-12-2013, 02:09 AM
trouty

their contracts and amount dont matter to me,but if they think since they make 200,000 or whatever Gagnon makes that they should be in the NHL over player b who makes 15,000,and then come here and cry and not play,taking a roster spot from a young guy who will play,then me and the fan base got issues,prob is were stuck with him as Jets have to pay him regardlesss if they play well or not,So they rather have Gagnon here playing then sitting,where he should be in the press box.Thats where i have issue.Those guys think cause their contracts they were locks to make the Jets,once the Jets and 29 other teams passed on them,they basically dont care.Either or this season is done regardless 2013-2014 will be a better year and im sure the problems and fighting among players in practice will be resolved and the problem players be let go,and young guys brought in

Old
02-12-2013, 02:11 AM
trouty

for the record Spencer Machacek was one of my favorate Icecaps when hes actually playing,so its not just a dislike for the guy,I just dont see that same spark in him

Old
02-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Canadienjet

Josh Lunden is back again.

Zinger didn't do the job this year.Most IceCaps fans would agree with this.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
Josh Lunden is back again.

Zinger didn't do the job this year.Most IceCaps fans would agree with this.
Ask some Jets fans and their conspiracy theories are we value the AHL over NHL. So, there.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
Ask some Jets fans and their conspiracy theories are we value the AHL over NHL. So, there.
Anyone who believes that can look to this season as proof, that it's simply not the case.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Eric O'Dell,Eric O'Dell and Eric O'Dell.

Telegin looked good before the injury.Rest not worth talking about.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
Anyone who believes that can look to this season as proof, that it's simply not the case.
I agree with you.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Canadienjet

Another ass kicking we took tonight....

Don't know weither I should laugh or cry.

If there's any hope please fire McCambridge....

Last edited by Canadienjet: 02-15-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old
02-15-2013, 11:49 PM
trouty

I never listened nor bothered to check the score,ill give the effort the Jets prospects give and thats zero.Its sad that i wish we sit 90 percent of the Jets Prospects and and play ahl and echl contract guys,thats how much people in St.John's value your farm,some of them anit even worth a 7th rounder nor loanable

Becides O Dell Telegin,Melichori Charot Jaffrey and Cormier,anything else that is a Jet propect has been useless,and fans here would rather them sit then play.

Either or next year will be better so better days ahead

Old
02-16-2013, 07:22 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Dekanich got yanked 9:43 into the game after letting in two softies. On a short leach.

Cormier scores! 3-2 St. John's

PP GOAL! Machacek at 8:24. 4-2 St. John's.

Jaffray hits empty net. 5-3 IceCaps.

'Caps end their 5 game losing streak.

Thank you Lord...says Brian Rogers.

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 02-16-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 07:25 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
I never listened nor bothered to check the score,ill give the effort the Jets prospects give and thats zero.Its sad that i wish we sit 90 percent of the Jets Prospects and and play ahl and echl contract guys,thats how much people in St.John's value your farm,some of them anit even worth a 7th rounder nor loanable

Becides O Dell Telegin,Melichori Charot Jaffrey and Cormier,anything else that is a Jet propect has been useless,and fans here would rather them sit then play.

Either or next year will be better so better days ahead
Next year has to be better. There's a decent infusion of talent coming, or so we're being lead to believe. All they need is experience at the pro level.

Old
02-16-2013, 07:32 PM
MrMariusz

Unreal three goal comeback, nice.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:07 PM
trouty

Icecaps and the Jets Farm losing another heartbreaker today thou this game might go down to final buzzer 5-0 Portland 10 min left,ill keep all you updated ,its a close battle

Old
02-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Canadienjet

Right back to taking **** kickings...

Dear TNSE,

Blow this team up please and thank you.

Yours truely,
IceCaps fans.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:03 PM
MrMariusz