HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Orr Vs Wethgarth

Old
02-15-2013, 08:25 AM
JimLaheyprobert

vCash: 500
Ive watched this fight like 5 times and when your breaking it down i cant find anything clear enough to give anyone an edge. This is a clear drawn, the only way id give the slightest edge to westgarth is because Orr is one of the toughest guys in the league and a draw for westgarth is most likely a win. Not saying Westgarth isnt tough because he is, but Westgarth is a heavyweight, Orr is a super heavyweight.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:06 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Ive watched this fight like 5 times and when your breaking it down i cant find anything clear enough to give anyone an edge. This is a clear drawn, the only way id give the slightest edge to westgarth is because Orr is one of the toughest guys in the league and a draw for westgarth is most likely a win. Not saying Westgarth isnt tough because he is, but Westgarth is a heavyweight, Orr is a super heavyweight.
Do you mean in terms of skill? Because Westgarth is an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier then Orr.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Number8

Slight edge to Weth .

Nothing amazing but a pretty good go. Glad I wasn't involved, some of those shots that missed travelled a long way -- definitely hazardous territory!

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Garth with the win on this one.

Went from being the bloody punching bag to beating down....no, BEATING DOWN on Orr.

Well, the good news is Westgarth took Orr to violin class and tuned him up. Good fight.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Garth with the win on this one.

Went from being the bloody punching bag to beating down....no, BEATING DOWN on Orr.

Well, the good news is Westgarth took Orr to violin class and tuned him up. Good fight.
You're much better at trolling when you don't make it so obvious.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd give the edge to Westgarth.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
"Amazing" - you must have low standards lol.
No.

For the type of season orr had last year he looks twice the player both in fighting and playing. He is in amazing shape this year.

As for the fight, i watched it again and to me its a clear win Orr without questions. You guys are paying too much attention to westgarth winning in wrestling. He jabbed orr 90% where orr landed some clean solid snappers right n the nose

easy win orr

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
sadly most people post on this board are homers so none of it matters. To unbias eye with any knowledge it isacceptable to be a draw or win orr. Just because westy had the upper hand in wrestling and grabbing and swinging orr around while throwing jabs does not mean he won at all. He did well against orr but he lost this fight in my opinion because of the boring wrestling tactics

Old
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Do you mean in terms of skill? Because Westgarth is an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier then Orr.
Yes i mean skill

Old
02-16-2013, 12:28 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
sadly most people post on this board are homers so none of it matters. To unbias eye with any knowledge it isacceptable to be a draw or win orr. Just because westy had the upper hand in wrestling and grabbing and swinging orr around while throwing jabs does not mean he won at all. He did well against orr but he lost this fight in my opinion because of the boring wrestling tactics
Yes i agree with you, Westgarth was using a pure defensive tactic, he didn't want to trade with Orr that wouldn't be smart.

Old
02-16-2013, 02:45 PM
WakeUpNHL

Clear win to Westgarth

Wow. some real homers here...

Westgarth connected with more punches and also ragdolled Orr at the end. Clear win for Westgarth.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Polo*

Cleat cut win ORR

Im not a leaf fan.

This was a win Orr all day everyday.

Again watch it and all westgarth did was swing around and connect with jabs. Orr hit him hard a few times

Old
02-17-2013, 10:12 AM
FV

Slight edge to Orr.

FV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:26 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Wow. some real homers here...

Westgarth connected with more punches and also ragdolled Orr at the end. Clear win for Westgarth.
lol what fight were you watching? Westgarth landed a lot of jabs with his left that was holding Orr's sweater, Orr landing some big punches, neither fighter clearly won which means it's a draw to anyone that doesn't have some kind of secondary interest in the fight (ie. fan or hatred towards one of the teams/players)

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Trognitz

Westgarth is a fighter who can look polar opposite from fight to fight. hes hot/cold. inconsistant

Trognitz is offline   Reply With Quote