HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

2012-13 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 01:19 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
He said it on twitter a day or two ago.

Found it:

adater ‏@adater
“@MBeeRs4: @adater You think the Avs will give Stefan Elliott a Call Up?”/ he's hurt too (knee)
Ahh....thank you my friend I knew someone would come through for me and not leav me hanging!

I know this has been posted, but our good friend Renegade Stylings has tweeted the following:

Quote:
Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove
As per @coreypronman, the Avalanche have recalled G Calvin Pickard from the Lake Erie Monsters.
And this is a VERY interesting circumstance. As it can mean anything from an injury, to trade speculation.

Very interesting indeed.

***EDIT***

Avs Twitter feed gives us the answer:

Quote:
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche
JS Giguere to leave the team for personal reasons, will rejoin for Sunday's practice. Calvin Pickard emergency recall from Lake Erie.

02-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
LIVE WITH IT

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
JSG on the block? Or is he or Varly injured?
JS is leaving for personal reasons. Will be back for Sundays practice. From the avs twitter.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Freudian
Calmer than you are

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Stefan Elliott just tweeted:

"So excited!"

Wonder what it means.
Elliott is playing for LEM today, so I guess that mystery is solved.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Anyone know the latest status on Hishon?

Pretty sure he was skating and working out with the Monsters back in January, but haven't read a thing on him since.

Is he still skating/working out again or has he shut it down again?

Old
02-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Elliott is playing for LEM today, so I guess that mystery is solved.
But I thought he hit himself in the head with his knee?

Old
02-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
I can't wait for more people to get to watch Duncan Siemens more often in the near future. He's a perfect compliment for what the Avs need right now. He's going to get a long look at camp next year and don't be shocked if he sticks.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
I can't wait for more people to get to watch Duncan Siemens more often in the near future. He's a perfect compliment for what the Avs need right now. He's going to get a long look at camp next year and don't be shocked if he sticks.
Can't wait see him.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I suspect if the Avs finish the year in the standings where we think they might, they'll have a fairly significant overhaul at D. I wouldn't be shocked to see a spot open up for him in some regard.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he stuck in the lineup. He got a longer look than anyone thought he would in training camp/preseason last year.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
You think he'll be a good fit with EJ or better off with someone like Elliott/Barrie?

Old
02-16-2013, 12:23 AM
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If the rumours are true that the Avs are asking for a top-6 forward and a top-end prospect for RoR, I believe they think Siemens might be the solution next year. Otherwise they would be asking for a #2 LH dman in that trade.

Old
02-16-2013, 03:46 AM
PAZ

Quote:
If he sticks, think he would be playing with EJ, Barrie, or Elliot?

Old
02-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
If he sticks, think he would be playing with EJ, Barrie, or Elliot?
Didn't he and Elliott have 2 of there best years to date statistically playing together? 10/11 season I think it was?

I'd like to see those 2 play together at the NHL level, and if Barrie can play the left side I'd like to see Barrie and EJ together.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:25 AM
chet1926

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Stef Elliott played last night for Lake Erie, so hopefully that means that he is fully healthy after whatever injury he had. Also I'm hoping they give him about 10-12 games for conditioning down there and then call him up to the Avs. I would like to see him and Barrie both playing on the Avs by the end of the year when we are out of it.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:08 AM
SuperJoe

vCash: 697
Quote:
I'm glad to hear he's playing like he should be, have to be honest i started doubting the worthiness of picking him 11th overall after his less than stellar season last year, getting the C removed and his start of the season where he struggled. What he can become is exactly what this organization needs and very happy he pulled up his sleeves and hope he makes an impact sooner than later.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Well, if we don't get Lipon I hope we look into signing Alex Aleardi. He appears a bit bigger than he's listed and from the couple games I've seen him in (which is a lot for me) he's been extremely smart and has some pretty nice hands too.

But perhaps more importantly, he's in a position of weakness for us on RW.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
You think he'll be a good fit with EJ or better off with someone like Elliott/Barrie?
I think to start his career he will need to play with somebody who's good defensively. Him with a guy like O'Byrne would be a place to potentially start. If he plays well, maybe even on a pairing with EJ.

Long term I think he'll surely be playing with an offensive partner. Ideally Elliott because the two were fantastic together as a pairing in Saskatoon in Duncan's draft year. He plays his best while with an offensive partner, but that transition might just take some time at the NHL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
If the rumours are true that the Avs are asking for a top-6 forward and a top-end prospect for RoR, I believe they think Siemens might be the solution next year. Otherwise they would be asking for a #2 LH dman in that trade.
You can never have too much depth on D. I would really hope that the Avalanche are looking to get one back as part of a potential O'Reilly deal. I could see a D prospect and a solid NHL forward being the return, although I still hope it gets resolved instead.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:05 PM
TheStranger

So this is going to maybe be a silly question...but how are Mitchell and Chase Sakic doing in hockey?

Googling around, I thing I see some stats for Mitchell in high school hockey and Chase in "Squirt A" whatever that is. Just wondering if there's any word on them being good?

In my googling I see both of them wear 19

I also see Mitchell's twitter account that has a banner at the top, a picture of Boston celebrating in front of Luongo and the saying "What time is it Vancouver? 12 past Luongo" lol.

Edit: Don't like seeing this on his twitter though..."Mitchell Sakic ‏@Hockeygod1996
Why the ******* I am still in colorado when I could be living In Vancouver #peopleactuallycareaboutthegreatestsportonearth"

It wasn't censored on there by the way.

Last edited by TheStranger: 02-16-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
So this is going to maybe be a silly question...but how are Mitchell and Chase Sakic doing in hockey?

Googling around, I thing I see some stats for Mitchell in high school hockey and Chase in "Squirt A" whatever that is. Just wondering if there's any word on them being good?

In my googling I see both of them wear 19

I also see Mitchell's twitter account that has a banner at the top, a picture of Boston celebrating in front of Luongo and the saying "What time is it Vancouver? 12 past Luongo" lol.

Edit: Don't like seeing this on his twitter though..."Mitchell Sakic ‏@Hockeygod1996
Why the ******* I am still in colorado when I could be living In Vancouver #peopleactuallycareaboutthegreatestsportonearth"

It wasn't censored on there by the way.
Jesus, really? That's Sakic's kid? You sure it's not fake?

Old
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

seems legit

Old
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Jesus, really? That's Sakic's kid? You sure it's not fake?
Certainly seems like it's him to me. https://twitter.com/Hockeygod1996

Old
02-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

Quote:
Mitchell Sakic ‏@Hockeygod1996

Why does everyone hate me?
LOL

Reading some of the posts from "Mitchell Sakic", it seems the doofus got dumped, it crushed him, and now he hates Colorado for it. Typical teen drama.

Last edited by Bubba Thudd: 02-16-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Certainly seems like it's him to me. https://twitter.com/Hockeygod1996
He sounds like a little spoiled punk that just broke up with his girlfriend.

You've got be kidding me, haha. He's publicly bashing the city that his dad is famous in, and whose population basically bought whatever toys and cars he's got?

Old
02-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Mitchell Sakic ‏@Hockeygod1996
There was one day I liked colorado when there was someone special in my life now it's time to go to Vancouver soon #soexicted

Old
02-16-2013, 07:20 PM
cgf

I'll always love Super Joe, but Mitchell seems like such a whiny little *****. From the name "hockeygod96" to the whiny posts, such a little ****.

Closed Thread